PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the drop rate?

Xazur
04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I am talking in regards to ammo drop rate and equipment drop rate, they have been nerfed like hell. Even when killing monarchs or elite mobs I get like 1 green equipment drop like every 20 kills, and I hardly even get whites from trash mobs. As for the ammo drop........... its like non existant. I could kill 4 99ers in a row and not get a single ammo drop.

Schwa
04-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I noticed the tier 4 lockboxes are also giving fewer rewards. Opened many of them over the last week or so, and they're not giving anything aside from the blue and very rare purple.

Purple used to drop like candy.

Xazur
04-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Usually like 70% of the time even when killing a trash mob they drop ammo, scrip, and salvage. Over the past few days, its like 10% chance to get ammo drop, and now I either get scrip or salvage or none at all.

carpesangrea
04-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that this is what the droprate is supposed to be, and the higher ones seen over the past week or so were due to the complimentary boosts?

Valethar
04-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that this is what the drop rate is supposed to be, and the higher ones seen over the past week or so were due to the complimentary boosts?

Those boosts expired a while ago, unless you have the DD with the 30 day package. There's been a noticeable drop in ammo alone between yesterday and today.

Evermoore
04-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Those boosts expired a while ago, unless you have the DD with the 30 day package. There's been a noticeable drop in ammo alone between yesterday and today.

Agreed. Yesterday I had no issues with ammo, today a whole different ball game. I am constantly running out of ammo. Little to no ammo drops.

Xanirus
04-30-2013, 12:42 AM
The first major patch mentioned increased weapon drop rates overall, so regardless if you have a boost or not, the drop rate has increased since launch. The boost is only 10% though. (Though somehow, it seems more like 40%.)

Oddly enough, all the boost did was inflate the number of white items I get. Now that they're gone, for some reason, while the overall drop rate does seem lower, it now seems to be less whites, and more greens and, I swear to god, a few blue items dropped too. (They had a blue aura.)

Valethar
04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
The first major patch mentioned increased weapon drop rates overall, so regardless if you have a boost or not, the drop rate has increased since launch. The boost is only 10% though. (Though somehow, it seems more like 40%.)

Oddly enough, all the boost did was inflate the number of white items I get. Now that they're gone, for some reason, while the overall drop rate does seem lower, it now seems to be less whites, and more greens and, I swear to god, a few blue items dropped too. (They had a blue aura.)

The loot boost is bugged, and has been since the Beta when it first appeared.

According to the text in the store, it's supposed to increase the rarity of your drops. In reality, it decreases the rarity, and increases the frequency while slanting the loot table towards white items that consist mostly of grenades and shields.

http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/defiance/lootboost001.jpg

I've had a loot boost a total of 3 times between Beta and release, and each time it's done this. I even gave them data on drops at one point showing that while the boost was active, over 98% of the drops were white items.

If they'd thought things through, they would have tested them during the Alpha so they had time to correct the issue. Then again, there are numerous issues we told them about that weren't corrected before release, so there's no guarantee that testing the store would have done any good.

Xanirus
04-30-2013, 12:57 AM
So you mean our complimentary boost due to extreme bugs was in itself, bugged? -_-

Still, I'm actually a little glad the boost is gone TBH. It means less time going through the painful salvage matrix UI. (Even though I've already set up a keyboard macro to quickly key-tap through the UI to break down, it's still a pain in the ***.)

Valethar
04-30-2013, 01:02 AM
So you mean our complimentary boost due to extreme bugs was in itself, bugged? -_-

The irony of that was not lost on me at the time. LOL :)

Lollie
04-30-2013, 02:15 AM
I am talking in regards to ammo drop rate and equipment drop rate, they have been nerfed like hell. Even when killing monarchs or elite mobs I get like 1 green equipment drop like every 20 kills, and I hardly even get whites from trash mobs. As for the ammo drop........... its like non existant. I could kill 4 99ers in a row and not get a single ammo drop.

It's punishment for not buying enough lockboxes from the cash shop.

Lyokira
04-30-2013, 03:01 AM
I've not really noticed much of a difference in quantity of loot drop, frankly, quality might have had a slight reduction, but then again, it's sufficiently random for me to not make a distinct conclusion on that. Scrip/ammo drop rate however, yes.... but that only means instead of an absolute sea of ammo/scrip I get when spamming infector bugs at arkfalls, I only get half a sea worth (aka still more than enough to re-ammo).

Aeekto
04-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Ammo problems? realy?
this screen is 2 hours old:
http://i.imgur.com/bqycevd.jpg (http://imgur.com/bqycevd)

Lyokira
04-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Ammo problems? realy?
this screen is 2 hours old:
http://i.imgur.com/bqycevd.jpg (http://imgur.com/bqycevd)

It depends on how players are fighting. IF everyone uses single target weapons and only shoot at the main target, no you aren't going to get a sea of ammo. However, weapons like infectors tends to make a sea of ammo cause of killing masses of skitterlings (the size of sea depending on how long and uninterrupted you get to kill everything).

Aeekto
04-30-2013, 03:12 AM
This sea of ammo was made with a LMG and i allways only pickup ammo if i realy need it and not every 2 seconds if i fired 2 bullets.
And no matter which weapon i use, i get these seas... only if i use 2 explosive weapons at once (GL and RL) then the sea is a little bit smaller since i need to pickup ammo more often

Lyokira
04-30-2013, 03:13 AM
This sea of ammo was made with a LMG and i allways only pickup ammo if i realy need it and not every 2 seconds if i fired 2 bullets.

You were soloing with a LMG, or was there some others with you?

Schwa
04-30-2013, 03:15 AM
It depends on how players are fighting. IF everyone uses single target weapons and only shoot at the main target, no you aren't going to get a sea of ammo. However, weapons like infectors tends to make a sea of ammo cause of killing masses of skitterlings (the size of sea depending on how long and uninterrupted you get to kill everything).

This is when, for example if you want to use a SMG, you carry a "regenerate ammo" weapon as your secondary. You know, one of the few situations in the game where considering your loadout can actually improve your experience.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-30-2013, 03:18 AM

It could be your loot boost expired?

Lyokira
04-30-2013, 03:23 AM
It could be your loot boost expired?

Except that in theory loot boost is only supposed to boost item rarity, not quantity. Not to mention 10% isn't supposed to be so large a difference (assuming they claim of significant reduction in quantity is true).

Faas
04-30-2013, 03:26 AM
There are a few perks that, when used correctly, increases loot drop rates, along with rates of ammo drops, and how much is in the drop. They seem to generate near the Cloak ability, but they are very worthwhile.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Except that in theory loot boost is only supposed to boost item rarity, not quantity. Not to mention 10% isn't supposed to be so large a difference (assuming they claim of significant reduction in quantity is true).

Well, if you in a nice clan. You will have total of 17%. =D

Faas
04-30-2013, 03:30 AM

Every little bit helps, in the end. Expecting a boost of close to 50%, or even 35+ is a bit crazy. 17% is perfect, as you have a well increased chance of item drops, without it being every other kill. Also, if every drop was a blue, or a purple, or a legendary, then what would be the point of having them? They would be the ironic common.
Note: I may be mistaken, but I do believe that critical kills give increased chances of drops.

Lyokira
04-30-2013, 03:37 AM
There are a few perks that, when used correctly, increases loot drop rates, along with rates of ammo drops, and how much is in the drop. They seem to generate near the Cloak ability, but they are very worthwhile.

There's 3 perks affecting drops:
1) Just Reward: below Cloak, +3% drop chance on crit at max rank.
2) Pinata: right of Overpower, +3% drop chance on explosive kill at max rank.
3) Scavenger: bottom left of Overpower, loot +30% more ammo at max rank.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 03:38 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility that this is what the droprate is supposed to be, and the higher ones seen over the past week or so were due to the complimentary boosts?

Exactly this. I got significant less ammo drops (among other actual items) once the free boosts ran out.
What the boost does is actually increase rarity by 10% or the droprate ... say chances for a particular rarity are 15% the bosst will add 1.5% to this, it does not say it adds 10% to anything but increases the rarity of your loot by 10%!
And then of course there's also the fact that it's broken in the way that you'll get tons of more white items which could well be as many as +100% but I did not count.

Just as white items ammo drops are effected as well which kind of sucks with not enough ammo for more than one weapon type without the boost and never having to use any of the ammo stations with it.
A loot boost having any type of effect on gameplay, especially if not advertised is a little insane tbh. : o

Epicspazm
04-30-2013, 03:40 AM
I run scavenger on my overcharge so I always have a 30% boost and I get sthako all day.

Spectyr
04-30-2013, 03:45 AM
There's 3 perks affecting drops:
1) Just Reward: below Cloak, +3% drop chance on crit at max rank.
2) Pinata: right of Overpower, +3% drop chance on explosive kill at max rank.
3) Scavenger: bottom left of Overpower, loot +30% more ammo at max rank.

I'll admit on my arkfall and co-op these are beast. My inventory is constantly going from 41/70 to full but ammo does seem to hurt even in hellbug arkfalls; Max scavenger equipped and tagging everything I can. Using FRC SAW 128 mag, Ground Pounder 6 mag, and preparedness.

Xanirus
04-30-2013, 03:54 AM

Being in a clan improves drops?

Spectyr
04-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Being in a clan improves drops?

Only if someone in the clan purchases the 7% boost with bits.