PDA

View Full Version : GMG DDE Pre-order

Sins
03-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Hey, so i pre-order from GMG around the time pre-orders went live and got the DDE Package (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/mmos/defiance-digital-deluxe-edition/) and received my code for the game. I have applied that code to my trion account but after seeing this post by Sledgehammer70 today (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?5063-Preorder-not-showing-on-account&p=78403&viewfull=1#post78403), i went to check my account and still see all 3 pre-order option (Standard, DDE and Season Pass).

My question is, does this mean I need another code sent to me from GMG around the games launch date and was the code they sent me just a beta code?

I have tried to track down my code entry in the 'Apply Code' history, but this just shows recent recent Ark Hunter Codes i have entered.

Also can i get confirmation that the description on GMG page is wrong, it says 7 Day XP Boost / 7 Day Scrip Boost but shouldn't the DDE be 30 days of each?

Thanks for any help
Sins

Halcyon
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
As much as I'd hate to say, I'm not too sure it's 30-day and Amazon has handed out refunds because of that. I asked Trion about my product code and they said it was activated under my account so I think it's fine. If you have any issues when the game releases you can always contact support and I'm sure they will help you.

EdgeTW
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey, so i pre-order from GMG around the time pre-orders went live and got the DDE Package (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/mmos/defiance-digital-deluxe-edition/) and received my code for the game. I have applied that code to my trion account but after seeing this post by Sledgehammer70 today (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?5063-Preorder-not-showing-on-account&p=78403&viewfull=1#post78403), i went to check my account and still see all 3 pre-order option (Standard, DDE and Season Pass).

I'm just guessing here, but I would imagine the comment you linked is implying that once you purchase the game (not the pre-order) and install the product key from the actual retail version of Defiance, you will no longer see ordering options for the product you've already registered.

In other words, until you input the product registration key on launch day, all 3 pre-order options will continue to show up.

That's my guess, anyway. Could be totally wrong.

Yooji
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry what? I have preordered from GMG as well and I have entered the key I have received from them. It also showed up as Deluxe Edition in the Code History ..

Official statement now please, don't toy with our money.

Xendhaius
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Disregard this post.

Halcyon
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Do people even read the receipt emails anymore? At the bottom it clearly says:

"This game is not available for download yet. It will be unlocked on 02-Apr-2013. Any required keys will be made available on that date."

The code you received and entered was your Beta Key.

No, the product keys are exactly what they sound like. Digital preorders give the product key and your preorder key immediately.

Xendhaius
03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
No, the product keys are exactly what they sound like. Digital preorders give the product key and your preorder key immediately.

If this is indeed the case, I'll jump on the bandwagon as well: What the hell Trion? Not only does GMG have incorrect times for the Boosts, they also don't list the Dodge Challenger. I pre-ordered from GMG back when they had the Digital Deluxe on sale for 75$ and unlike other retailers... GMG will NOT issue a refund for Defiance.

I wasn't even worried about it till now as I have Defiance™ and Defiance Beta under manage games, or is this normal?

Yooji
03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Do people even read the receipt emails anymore? At the bottom it clearly says:

"This game is not available for download yet. It will be unlocked on 02-Apr-2013. Any required keys will be made available on that date."

The code you received and entered was your Beta Key.

that was not my beta key. I remember it saying something along the line 'Deluxe Bla Defiance Bla GMG'

Halcyon
03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
If this is indeed the case, I'll jump on the bandwagon as well: What the hell Trion? Not only does GMG have incorrect times for the Boosts, they also don't list the Dodge Challenger. I pre-ordered from GMG back when they had the Digital Deluxe on sale for 75$ and unlike other retailers... GMG will NOT issue a refund for Defiance.

I wasn't even worried about it till now as I have Defiance™ and Defiance Beta under manage games, or is this normal?

I think the digital deluxe keys are all the same no matter where you purchase. The preorder key would be the only one that is titled with the retailer.

For example, steam is -- and if other retailers show up the same it's safe to assume all deluxe edition keys are the same.
2013-3-22 Defiance™ Defiance Steam Pre Order
2013-3-22 Defiance™ Defiance Deluxe Edition

So, after all it's probably fine.

kirix
03-22-2013, 03:49 AM
why didnt u just buy the digital directly from trion using account management ?

and please dont say u did it for the "pre order weapon" its just fluf item and repalced very fast

Harsk
03-22-2013, 03:56 AM
Official statement now please, don't toy with our money.

Hey, this guy is making demands, best stop what you're doing and get right on that!

lol

MacDeath
03-22-2013, 04:14 AM
It's just after 4 AM in California. I'm sure Trion will get right on this request in a few hours.

Xendhaius
03-22-2013, 05:05 AM
why didnt u just buy the digital directly from trion using account management ?

and please dont say u did it for the "pre order weapon" its just fluf item and repalced very fast
I pre-ordered it from GMG because at the time it was 75$ for the Digital Deluxe Edition. So let's see, pay 100$ directly to Trion or save 25$. I went with the smart choice, as I assumed that retailers and Trion didn't have their heads up their rears in regards to pre-orders.

I love Trion to death, as Rift was awesome. However, the whole handling of Defiance pre-orders and the beta itself... It seems like a completely different company managed Rift.

Hey, this guy is making demands, best stop what you're doing and get right on that!
Seeing as GMG will not refund our money as per their policy in regards to MMOs. He has every right to "make demands" which by the way don't include "please". If Trion doesn't get this sorted they will more than likely be facing lawsuits as this is 60-100$ basically stolen from us if this doesn't get sorted.

kirix
03-22-2013, 05:15 AM
what is it they say about asumption

its the mother of all mess ups :D.

lesson learnt, now u have to make alot of effort to find out and or correct any issues you encounter all because uw anted to save a little bit of money :D

kirix
03-22-2013, 05:17 AM
also just a side note

trion are not responsible for any transactions made via third partys or have any control over said third party policys onr efunds returns or exchanges.

trion are not to blame but the third party you bought it from. (and your self for being a cheep skate)

Harsk
03-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Seeing as GMG will not refund our money as per their policy in regards to MMOs. He has every right to "make demands" which by the way don't include "please". If Trion doesn't get this sorted they will more than likely be facing lawsuits as this is 60-100$ basically stolen from us if this doesn't get sorted.

lol ya right. lawsuits. apparantly you have not been keeping up on current events in the gaming world. Consumers have the "right" to make demands, sure, I guess if they want, nobody can stop them legally, but any business has the right to refuse service to any customer, so I am not sure where you are getting your ideas from... but... really now. lol

Xendhaius
03-22-2013, 05:25 AM
also just a side note

trion are not responsible for any transactions made via third partys or have any control over said third party policys onr efunds returns or exchanges.

trion are not to blame but the third party you bought it from. (and your self for being a cheep skate)

Listen here you condescending, illiterate, ignorant child. Get the hell out of this thread if you have nothing useful to say as you've no idea what you're talking about. Trion is indeed to blame. It's their responsibility to make sure all retailer information is accurate, that all retailers provide valid keys, etc... Or else both them and the retailers are in for legal hell.

They have GMG as a retailer for Defiance and either the code screwed up on GMG or Trion's end, either way they are both at fault till it's sorted.

Also, calling me a cheap (Spell it with me C-H-E-A-P) skate in this economy? You've got a lot to learn about the world kid.

NinthPrejudice
03-22-2013, 05:46 AM
what is it they say about asumption

its the mother of all mess ups :D.

lesson learnt, now u have to make alot of effort to find out and or correct any issues you encounter all because uw anted to save a little bit of money :D

I don't think buying the same product at a cheaper price is being a cheapskate. It's not like Greenmangaming was set up 3 days ago. It's supposed to be a reputable retailer.

I also bought my copy from GMG, but mine went smoothly.

Harsk
03-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Listen here you condescending, illiterate, ignorant child. Get the hell out of this thread if you have nothing useful to say as you've no idea what you're talking about. Trion is indeed to blame. It's their responsibility to make sure all retailer information is accurate, that all retailers provide valid keys, etc... Or else both them and the retailers are in for legal hell.

They have GMG as a retailer for Defiance and either the code screwed up on GMG or Trion's end, either way they are both at fault till it's sorted.

Also, calling me a cheap (Spell it with me C-H-E-A-P) skate in this economy? You've got a lot to learn about the world kid.

got to love the lolrage

Xendhaius
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
got to love the lolrage
There aren't enough obscenities and asterisks in the post for it to be "lolrage". However, honestly if your money was basically stolen I highly doubt you'd be anything remotely near calm.

Could I have been nicer? Sure. However, when someone comes into a thread with nothing constructive with such an ignorant and condescending post, you'll have to forgive me if my tolerance is non-existent. Having the balls to say I'm cheap when he probably had his parents buy him his copy. It's a whole different story when it's your own money on the line. Not to mention his other posts hating on Steam as well. His ill-informed attitude is basically "buy directly from Trion (which, fun fact: Is loaded with issues as well) or you're an idiot".

Harsk
03-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Having the balls to say I'm cheap when he probably had his parents buy him his copy.

lol Now it takes balls to insult someone over the internet. Thats funny. Aren't you doing the same thing that you are calling him out on? Interesting position you take.

Game launches always bring out the choicest posters ^^

Thorbrand
03-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Sticky top of the forums will explain it for you.

Xendhaius
03-22-2013, 07:25 AM
lol Now it takes balls to insult someone over the internet. Thats funny. Aren't you doing the same thing that you are calling him out on? Interesting position you take.

Game launches always bring out the choicest posters ^^

I never once stated my actions weren't hypocritical. It's also not my fault you took a figure of speech literally.

Sticky top of the forums will explain it for you.

Read the first post of the thread and point me to the sticky that even remotely applies to it. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious as I've already read every sticky and found no information regarding the issue.
We are not talking about beta keys. We inputted a product code "Defiance Digital Deluxe GMG" and our Trion accounts say we haven't pre-ordered.

Thorbrand
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I am in the same boat but the sticky states you need to contact support to get it resolved. Which I did and I am waiting.

Lucid
03-22-2013, 08:12 AM
I also Pre-Ordered from GMG. If the product is not as I expect it to be, I will request a refund. If a refund is denied I will perform a charge back for services not rendered with my bank.

It's not rocket science guys.

Yooji
03-23-2013, 05:11 AM
my god I'm surrounded by idiots. GMG is an official retailer, advertised by Trion. It's basically the same thing if I buy it from GMG. Trion has put up their site on the preorder site because they're a trusted reseller.

Now for the ones calling us cheap. Are you guys dumb or just really really really REALLY mentally challenged? Why would I pay $25 more, what for? It's the same product and it's digital too. You are the kind of people that disguist me, praising **** like Apple Computers because it's apparently #yolo

Imbeciles ugh, you even made me rant now.

edit: and what Lucid said. Even though I'd like to avoid that, I'm only one phone call away to get that money back and it's quite easy here too in Switzerland.

Blackwolfe
03-23-2013, 05:19 AM
It still says "pre-order" blablabla in everyones account management page, because the game is not live. As for the Digital deluxe edition, its the same package for everyone no matter where you buy from. Some places have their notes messed up. The red challenger for example is something ALL pre-orders get.

Considering your code is applied, you can be perfectly safe. It even says on the apply code page that you have entered your DDE code.

Yooji
03-23-2013, 05:23 AM
It still says "pre-order" blablabla in everyones account management page, because the game is not live. As for the Digital deluxe edition, its the same package for everyone no matter where you buy from. Some places have their notes messed up. The red challenger for example is something ALL pre-orders get.

that is why I want an official statement, is it their website? is it normal that the option for deluxe preorder is still there even though I activated my deluxe preorder key? It's really not that hard to answer this question Trion, you have customers here that are worried.

Sins
03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
No reply from Trion :(, ok lets see if anyone else is showing any useful info to show their pre-order version registered on their account.

Here is Rifts Account Management: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10200236/Manage%20Rfit.jpg

As you see, it clearly shows which version I currently have and all the perks of the version / promotions I have gotten.

Now I really don't understand why Defiance isn't clearly layout like this, with Defiance I don't even know if the pre-order code I got from GMG is even the final code I need.

Defiance Account Management just shows: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10200236/Manage%20Defiance.jpg

Really, Digital Deluxe pre-order box still their, its happy to allow me to pre-order the DDE again even though to my best knowledge, my account should already have a valid DDE game code applied to my account that I received from GMG.

Does anyone else Account Management show anything useful for their version they pre-ordered? or is it just a useless screen like mine? That leaves you guessing if the code you entered is a valid code for the version you pre-ordered or just a code for access to beta.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Sins, I think all those pre-order options will continue to show up until you enter your product code (not your pre-order code). And (as far as I can tell) the only retailer that applies the product code to your account at the time of purchase is TRION. And if that is the case, only the people who have pre-ordered Defiance directly from TRION will see pre-order options missing from the account management page (for now).

What you should do is go to the "Transaction History" tab on the account management page and use the filters and/or brute force search through the codes that have been applied for Defiance to your account. If you've been entering Ark Hunter Codes as part of the pre-launch event, unfortunately they will be cluttering up that list and you'll have a bit of searching to do through multiple pages. What you're looking for is an entry that says something along the lines of "PREORDER_PLATFORM_TYPE_PC
PREORDER_XXXXXXXXXX" under the product column (with XXXXXXXXXX = who you pre-ordered from).

Note: that line doesn't exist for people who purchased directly through TRION; they'll see a different one that indicates a completed purchase.

Jad
03-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Try going here

https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/get-transaction.action?

Sign in and enter a date range you applied your code. (Make sure to change the game selector from Rift to Defiance)

Mine says

2013-1-30 Defiance Digital Purchase ARK_HUNTER_CODE_ENTRY
DEFIANCE_ARK_HUNTER_LEVEL_

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Try going here

https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/get-transaction.action?

Sign in and enter a date range you applied your code. (Make sure to change the game selector from Rift to Defiance)

Mine says

2013-1-30 Defiance Digital Purchase ARK_HUNTER_CODE_ENTRY

That line you listed indicates a reward tier that was reached in the Ark Hunter Code contest. That's just their way of applying one of the dozen rewards to your account. It has nothing to do with pre-orders or purchases.

Sins
03-27-2013, 08:37 AM
What you should do is go to the "Transaction History" tab on the account management page and use the filters and/or brute force search through the codes that have been applied for Defiance to your account.

Thanks for that EdgeTW, I must have overlooked the filter options when I looked at Transaction History before as it only shown me Rift related information.

I see this information listed in the Defiance tab on the date I entered my code:
PREORDER_PLATFORM_TYPE_PC
DEFIANCE_DIGITAL_DELUXE_SE

At last I know my account is good to go and I don't need anything else. Trion really could make it easier on people who buy from external retailers and show more clearly their purchase and also not be so silly to also allow the option to possibly purchase it again though their own site when they already have a pre-order registered.

Jad
03-27-2013, 08:53 AM
That line you listed indicates a reward tier that was reached in the Ark Hunter Code contest. That's just their way of applying one of the dozen rewards to your account. It has nothing to do with pre-orders or purchases.

Yep, you are right, this is the listing I should have made:

Defiance Code Applied DEFIANCE_STANDARD_EDITION_
PREORDER_PLATFORM_TYPE_PC