PDA

View Full Version : Very Important Thread For Defiance.

Ark Hunting
04-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Okay trion allow me to start like this, I'm not young so I am speaking from experience with mmos.
And even though some people are saying defiance is not an MMO I believe it is and that is how you the creator markets it to us, this is good and I am all for it I have played hundreds of hours already and surpassed the quitters and ragers.
This thread is about something that Defiance needs and something it wants its right in front of you and you have not grasped it yet
The game has been out a month and people have well over a million scrip and climbing so what are they going to do with their money ? What will keep them interested once they reach the mills ?
YOU NEED TO ADD A RARE WEAPON SET YOU CAN ONLY GET FROM MOBS AND CAN'T OBTAIN USING BITS.
the key factor in any long running MMO is a merchantable economy please trion please add
A new rare item set we need it so badly because the game needs something worth more than 500k-1m
As crazy as that may sound to lower levels that is what the economy needs to flourish.
Bump this thread talk about it .

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Rare is fine... but it can't be something that hugely effects gameplay, it has to be just barely noticeable.
I would also like it to be non-tradable. For something that would require so much grinding to obtain, it would be better as a sign of accomplishment instead of a way to make money.

Error404
04-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Outfit drops/Outfits in T4 Lockboxes..

'Nuff said.

Murzin
04-30-2013, 05:48 AM
how do people have millions of scrip?

i have ego of like 1100 almost 1200 and i have problems sometimes buying lockboxes. currently i have like 100k green salvage and i have barely any cash.

always seems like when i save up 20-30k scrip i find a vehicle vendor that has ones i dont have so i buy them.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 05:49 AM
how do people have millions of scrip?

i have ego of like 1100 almost 1200 and i have problems sometimes buying lockboxes. currently i have like 100k green salvage and i have barely any cash.

always seems like when i save up 20-30k scrip i find a vehicle vendor that has ones i dont have so i buy them.

The people who have mountains of scrip sell weapons for ridiculous prices to noobs who think the prices are proper xD

TheLastDon
04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Okay trion allow me to start like this, I'm not young so I am speaking from experience with mmos.
And even though some people are saying defiance is not an MMO I believe it is and that is how you the creator markets it to us, this is good and I am all for it I have played hundreds of hours already and surpassed the quitters and ragers.
This thread is about something that Defiance needs and something it wants its right in front of you and you have not grasped it yet
The game has been out a month and people have well over a million scrip and climbing so what are they going to do with their money ? What will keep them interested once they reach the mills ?
YOU NEED TO ADD A RARE WEAPON SET YOU CAN ONLY GET FROM MOBS AND CAN'T OBTAIN USING BITS.
the key factor in any long running MMO is a merchantable economy please trion please add
A new rare item set we need it so badly because the game needs something worth more than 500k-1m
As crazy as that may sound to lower levels that is what the economy needs to flourish.

I agree. I have all this scrip just laying around and I have nothing to spend it on. It's kind of pointless to me.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 06:01 AM
I agree. I have all this scrip just laying around and I have nothing to spend it on. It's kind of pointless to me.

Buy legendaries/mods from the forums :3
That will eat up your pocket right quick

TheLastDon
04-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Buy legendaries/mods from the forums :3
That will eat up your pocket right quick

lol. Naw, I like earning those on my own through lock boxes.

BlueLou61
04-30-2013, 06:09 AM

I'm just above EGO 400, still running the main missions and have very little scrip, but there lots of things I'd love to buy! I am also open to charitable donations of any amount :D

But seriously - I'd love to have the problem of 'too much scrip', mine rarely gets above 10K

maggotking
04-30-2013, 06:14 AM
I get what you are saying bud, we need somthing to aim for other than mounts and whatnot. Because lets face it the weapons are all for the most part the same. AR's are for the most part the same other than fire rate,shotguns are only good if its a pump action or sawed off,and the lmg's for the most part are all 200 or 400dmg. We do need somthing that the normal venders dont have, I understand that some people think this is a dumb post or whatever but the fact is that all mmo's give the high lvl players gear to buy from npc's that are just way better than the other npc's gear. Take WoW and Rift for example, They have normal venders and they have pvp venders but they also have raid gear for sell. Im not saying to the same as these two games have but somthing close would be just as good imo. I honestly kinda tired of looking at the same gun all the time and cant seem to find anything better. Ive been stuck with the same AR and shotgun since ego 600 and im ego 1070 now. It just gets dull never finding a upgrade due to poor loot in questing,co-op maps, or even buying tier 4 lockboxes. Good post bud im happy to hear others feel the same as i do.

Chilmeister
04-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Scrip is the easiest thing to farm in Defiance as really apart from vehicles and the odd decent weapon there is nothing to spend it on, I think what we need is less scrip and better loot drops, and id be happy if the loot drops were just from co,op maps just to encourage more gamers to play them.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 06:49 AM
I get what you are saying bud, we need somthing to aim for other than mounts and whatnot. Because lets face it the weapons are all for the most part the same. AR's are for the most part the same other than fire rate,shotguns are only good if its a pump action or sawed off,and the lmg's for the most part are all 200 or 400dmg. We do need somthing that the normal venders dont have, I understand that some people think this is a dumb post or whatever but the fact is that all mmo's give the high lvl players gear to buy from npc's that are just way better than the other npc's gear. Take WoW and Rift for example, They have normal venders and they have pvp venders but they also have raid gear for sell. Im not saying to the same as these two games have but somthing close would be just as good imo. I honestly kinda tired of looking at the same gun all the time and cant seem to find anything better. Ive been stuck with the same AR and shotgun since ego 600 and im ego 1070 now. It just gets dull never finding a upgrade due to poor loot in questing,co-op maps, or even buying tier 4 lockboxes. Good post bud im happy to hear others feel the same as i do.

Defiance is a shooter before an MMO
If there was actual high level content, the noobs would get destroyed even harder than they do already

xXMiziahlonexX
04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
I'd have to agree as well. There's always room for improvement I love the game and to me its almost perfect except for the low variety in weapons. Yeah, some do decent damage but I think that the players weapons should reflect the player's level and abilities. If there is loot on the ground I've heard that it does the same damage for everyone and the only thing that changes is that on your screen it may be EGO Rating 1000, but on another player's screen it will be EGO Rating 200. Though that is jsut a rumour that I've heard it seems believeable seeing how I am EGO:1080 when my friend is around EGO:500 and his weapons do just as much damage as mine. There should be more strict level requirements like most MMOs and I agree with the raid bosses or somethign rather than the Arkfalls that everyone can get to which rarely gives you anything other than grenades and shields. I barely have Scrip so Iwould prefer there be a way to fight for more legendaries and stronger equipment, but I think a scrip-based alternative would be a good fallback plan after a while.

Thunderclap
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM

So would a long range shot gun that can headshot from across the PVP map work? ;)

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
So would a long range shot gun that can headshot from across the PVP map work? ;)
They already have those!