PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing new and different vehicles

ewsg
04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Hello!

I was trying to figure how to purchase different vehicles in Defiance. All I see on vendors are ATVs and, also, that Orange Challenger. But, I already saw people driving diferent ones, as trucks (as for example on Arkfalls) and other jipes.

Someone knows where/how to obtain/purchase other vehicles? :)

Kershoc
04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Some vehicles come up as specials rarely on vendors. The Nomad trucks (one with the spare tire in the truck bed) are currently a steam preorder limited time special. Eventually the Nomads will make it into the game for purchase. The big box trucks (called Haulers) are currently given to you temporarily on certain missions. Some people like driving them enough they never complete the mission and keep the truck.

Whippersnapper
04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Make it so the truck has a timer! I hate those trucks! They use them in arkfalls to cheat.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
The only way to purchase vehicles is from vendors and a few missions provide you with low tier quads.
You can obtain a black challenger from completing the 'pedal to the medal' pursuits, and different vehicles from preordering

They aren't 'cheating'.... they don't get any bonus for doing it. They are just ignorant.

Whippersnapper
04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
They aren't 'cheating'.... they don't get any bonus for doing it. They are just ignorant.
There is the Hell on Wheels perk. I believe its Overcharge related. So they probably do get XP or something. I just don't think it was intended for you to go around GTA style.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
You get like, 4 to 8 xp for running things over in a vehicle.
You get 1 xp for running over skitterlings.

Ngamok
04-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Yea, check the vendors often. Different vehicles appear on them from time to time. I've gotten the White Challenger and Billet Metallic one off random vendors. Bought the Orange Hemi one. Also, all my Dune Buggys I got from random ones as well. Still looking for the Plum Challenger.

ewsg
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks.

I have a Dune and an Orange Challenger. But saw some people with some other types of vehicles. Some jipes. Will try to verify all the vendors.

Blackdragon13
04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Hell on wheels is a title you obtain by completing a certain amount of vehicular pursuits (races etc) and a black dodge is the final reward for finishing the racing persuits

Cephious
04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
You get like, 4 to 8 xp for running things over in a vehicle.
You get 1 xp for running over skitterlings.
VEHICLES NEED TO DETONATE WITHIN A PROXIMITY OF THE ARKFALL CRYSTAL. Dear god, people are such ignorant idiots. If you want to rank up your roller - fine I get it. But you aren't helping ANYONE. Particularly on when you are supposed to be destroying the crystal and instead you are running over skitterlings - preventing them from weakening the crystal for everyone else. I have FAILED arkfalls due to the amount of vehicle spamming going on - no one trying to destroy the crystal.

Cephious
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Hell on wheels is a title you obtain by completing a certain amount of vehicular pursuits (races etc) and a black dodge is the final reward for finishing the racing persuits

It doesn't give you any sort of vehicle advantage either. There is a perk that makes your vehicles have a higher hit point - so you can run over more things without it detonating as quickly, but doesn't boost your xp or ego.

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
VEHICLES NEED TO DETONATE WITHIN A PROXIMITY OF THE ARKFALL CRYSTAL. Dear god, people are such ignorant idiots. If you want to rank up your roller - fine I get it. But you aren't helping ANYONE. Particularly on when you are supposed to be destroying the crystal and instead you are running over skitterlings - preventing them from weakening the crystal for everyone else. I have FAILED arkfalls due to the amount of vehicle spamming going on - no one trying to destroy the crystal.

It really is a good way to level up your roller :)