PDA

View Full Version : Main Mission, 2nd time

Writhen
04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Just an FYI for those it might benefit. As you may know, the new patch allows players to play through the main missions a second time. You get a warning that says you will reset your progress, which is fine.

What you might not know is that doing so also resets all your SIDE mission quests. So if you have a side quest you need for a pursuit, you might want to finish it before you start the main missions.

Hope this helps.

••EDIT••

As posted below: the side missions are not reset but you lose access to them until you reach the main mission that unlocks them.

LaZyPaTeL
04-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Just an FYI for those it might benefit. As you may know, the new patch allows players to play through the main missions a second time. You get a warning that says you will reset your progress, which is fine.

What you might not know is that doing so also resets all your SIDE mission quests. So if you have a side quest you need for a pursuit, you might want to finish it before you start the main missions.

Hope this helps.

Really? I restarted the story missions, but none of the side missions became available again. I had them all completed before I restarted the main story.

Shadestryke
04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
From what I have read from Xbox and PC users, restarting the main quest locks out any uncompleted side missions, which will reopen at the appropriate point in the story, but any side quests you have completed cannot be replayed.

LaZyPaTeL
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
From what I have read from Xbox and PC users, restarting the main quest locks out any uncompleted side missions, which will reopen at the appropriate point in the story, but any side quests you have completed cannot be replayed.

Ahh alright. Thanks for the clarification. Was hoping I could get some of the side quests back. Oh well.

Writhen
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM

Yes, this seems to be the case. I was mistaken. Most of the side missions I have not completed were in the latter half of the game. When I redid the first main mission I lost access to those side missions. Thanks for the information.

Shadestryke
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Anything I can do to help ;)

I was hoping to replay some of those side missions myself...

KagatoAC
04-30-2013, 12:19 PM
anyone get any rewards from restarting the quests that aren't crappy greens that are barely worth scrapping for Salvage?

Writhen
05-01-2013, 08:54 AM

Hope this helps.

••EDIT••

As posted below: the side missions are not reset but you lose access to them until you reach the main mission that unlocks them.

Oddly enough, i discovered something else. Looking at my map, I could only see side missions that I was far enough in the main missions(2nd time through) to unlock. However, I actually CAN play uncompleted side missions(from 1st play through) if I go find them in 3rd person view. They just no longer show up on the map. I don't know if this a bug or not, but that's currently what is going on.

chrismeyer34
05-01-2013, 11:39 AM
so it basically resets your ego lvl and all?....yikes!!!!, would rather much go around killing stuff then beat the main story mode then, im no where near the end of the story mode but still, thats kind of a killjoy as that means theres no real replay value and all that hard work will be for naught, kinda scary if you ask me :(

Rebellius555
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
so it basically resets your ego lvl and all?....yikes!!!!, would rather much go around killing stuff then beat the main story mode then, im no where near the end of the story mode but still, thats kind of a killjoy as that means theres no real replay value and all that hard work will be for naught, kinda scary if you ask me :(

Nope, your EGO stays the same as everything else really. All that's lost is the access to side missions...which I used to ignore anyway, as many other people do I believe.

chrismeyer34
05-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Nope, your EGO stays the same as everything else really. All that's lost is the access to side missions...which I used to ignore anyway, as many other people do I believe.

ah, sweet. whew!!! lol you guys almost gave me a heart attack, i just do the side missions just to have them done, but im not a big fan of doing them over again lol, so pretty much you can just keep lvling your ego after you beat the main mission w/o penalty?