PDA

View Full Version : What does the community think is the hardest Co-op map/boss?

mbergeron
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Co-op before boss I would say mine 99 because of the amount of elite enemies.

Boss maybe Daig from Cronkhite bunker.

None of these are really that hard, but if the team isn't ready you can die pretty fast.

XCL Grindin
04-30-2013, 10:22 AM
HHMMM I really like the MotherLoad Co-Op map. LOTS and LOTS of 99er's. And MotherLoad is KOOL looking. Not to mention a decent fight!

Cavadus
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Motherlode. That boss fight is the only challenging encounter in the game and even then only because reinforcements are so heavily spammed.

Verios44
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I eould say between the boss of the motherlode and Cronkite. The rest are pretty easy.

Wash
04-30-2013, 11:24 AM
The only two titles I feel pride in wearing are "Weapon of Mass Destruction" and "Mine Boss."

So, yes, Cronkite and Motherlode :P

Racheakt
04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Motherlode IMHO.

Warlander
04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
none they are all super easy although motherload took 2 tries to get the time pursuit.

jnt
04-30-2013, 11:57 AM
None of them were hard. I think it's for the same reason Jackleg would be super easy with 4 people. These fights don't seem balanced for parties.

Daig/Cronkite has some really confusing design decisions. Why does the door not close? Why is there no teleporter up the ramp? You can just go up the stupid ramp and anything that spawns in the room basically ignores you. Shoot down the ramp at Daig from cover and it's almost impossible to die :P Only times Daig has been a challenge involve people charging in and needing revives in terrible crossfires. I insist people actually crawl back out of the room.

Dirt Nap
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Cronkhite is easy, because thanks to a glitch I had to figure out how to beat him by myself after my teammates got locked out of the final room. Just use an infector on him, he's cake.

jnt
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Cronkhite is easy, because thanks to a glitch I had to figure out how to beat him by myself after my teammates got locked out of the final room. Just use an infector on him, he's cake.

Locked out? The door just stays open for me :P

Dirt Nap
04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
That's why it was a glitch/bug.

ratt707
04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't really find any of them too hard, but I find bosses like motherlode and dekuso a bit more dynamic than the others.

I want coop to be a lot harder.

Draaconis
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm still trying to put Motherlode down in under 5 minutes. Nuff said.

Steeldragonz
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Cronhkite because adds. Motherlode is easy as hell, use either a AR or a detonator, pop the joints and done, its not difficult.

DoyleVaan
04-30-2013, 12:19 PM
None of them were hard. I think it's for the same reason Jackleg would be super easy with 4 people. These fights don't seem balanced for parties.

Daig/Cronkite has some really confusing design decisions. Why does the door not close? Why is there no teleporter up the ramp? You can just go up the stupid ramp and anything that spawns in the room basically ignores you. Shoot down the ramp at Daig from cover and it's almost impossible to die :P Only times Daig has been a challenge involve people charging in and needing revives in terrible crossfires. I insist people actually crawl back out of the room.

Sometimes that door actually closes and you are then locked out. It's a bad glitch. So if you're locked out, then you will just have to wait for the other players to finish the fight, if they finish, if not, then you will have to exit the co-op map.

Pyth
04-30-2013, 12:23 PM
The hardest boss in this game is the wave of Ninety Niners you have to fight halfway through The Motherlode. (the part where you need to activate the air filtration system on the 2nd floor)

Bored Peon
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Definitely Motherlode.

I think a lot of the dificulty of it is the once you get to the stage where you have to shoot the things on his shoulders it becomes harder to actually hit them. Mostly due to him moving or being on the wrong side of the boss.

Then you combine that with the spammed reinforcements.

jnt
04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Definitely Motherlode.

I think a lot of the dificulty of it is the once you get to the stage where you have to shoot the things on his shoulders it becomes harder to actually hit them. Mostly due to him moving or being on the wrong side of the boss.

Then you combine that with the spammed reinforcements.

I've noticed in a lot of fights: Dykuso, motherlode, piercer, etc. that I don't really ever need to shoot the reinforcements. Even when I do they're usually the basic troop that dies in half a magazine. Instant refilling of ammunition trivialized bosses :D

SymbolicGamer
04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Easiest: Daig or Piercer
Most Annoying: Motherlode or Dekuso

TheGreatGarou
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I would say the hardest co-op missions are Motherload and Chronkite as well. Motherload due to the precise aiming for the shoulder mounted weak points while dodging and managing adds. Chronkite due to the d*mn mechs (the one mob I really hate in this game). They'll burn you down within seconds if you make a mistake.

But, once you deal with those, then none of it is particularly that difficult, especially with a team that knows what's going on and what to do.

Defy
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Motherlode

Bopbarker
04-30-2013, 12:54 PM
To those that say the bosses are hard...

If anything, MMO's taught me to kill adds. It works in this game too. Go figure.

chrismeyer34
04-30-2013, 12:57 PM
i would say the motherlode, still trying to get that under 5 minutes pursuit lol, but he's just awesome looking

atlantix
04-30-2013, 12:58 PM
all easy than the other.. considering the actual mmo dungeon and raids defiance is a joke.. tank n spank bosses with no mechanic..
after a game like rift, defiance pve is pathetic..

also motherlode is pretty easy boss, spec some defensive perks , min damage on adds, max dps on boss every possible time, when boss recharging the weapon max dps the Recharger on the wall, when boss is recharged shoot the red circle piston looking things on his back..

comandeer cronkhite > again its all about the perks.. if you spec silly offensive perks you will die with the first nuke of the 2x bulwark, if you spec decently some defensive perks than you will survie the dps of 2x bulwark + the boss

not to mention never use any other shield than Respark in PvE + defensive perks.. offensive perks useless in current easy co-op maps.. There is no DPS race.. its all about survival.. Once they implement PvE raids than there can be dedicated DPS players.. at the moment its all about survival since its easy to kill any target with no damage boost..

Viibl
04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I'd say Motherlode, only because of the adds.

Shada Mori
04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
+1 for Motherlode.

Racheakt
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
i would say the motherlode, still trying to get that under 5 minutes pursuit lol, but he's just awesome looking

Ya i seem to be getting all groups that ignore the adds :(

Beta582
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Motherload/Cronkhite seems to be the hardest simply because of all the minions that appear.

De'kuso can also be fairly difficult if you get thrown with people who don't know what they are doing.....

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 02:00 PM
If anything, MMO's taught me to kill adds. It works in this game too. Go figure.

The only difficult boss would be the one where your group ignores the adds when they shouldn't. Which potentially could include Motherlode, Daig and even Piercer.

But there really is no difficult content for a group of at least 3 halfway decent players with a basic understanding of team work.

For example Daig does not need any defensive perks but competent players that spread out, shut down both Bulkwarks and kill the first add on each side in a timely manner and keep an eye out for respawning adds after the inital ones are dead.
Leaving one of your teams flank wide open or ignore one of the robots make this fight increasingly more difficult than it normally would be.

It is really a just case of not understanding basic team strategy found in any cooperative game. Adds are being ignored on an almost regular basis on fights where they should be the only priority.

/edit:
If I sound a little winded up ... just did the Paradise daily. I still can't believe my luck how I didn't go down taking care of pretty much everything but Daig himself ... the really sad part is when the Bulkwarks went down and I could join the others to play with the boss he still had shield points left.