PDA

View Full Version : Defiance influences

GameGravitation
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I like this game a lot and it reminds me slightly of Design of Fallout and the fast paced action of Borderlands 2, Except for being all online.

Ricodc
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I like this game a lot and it reminds me slightly of Design of Fallout and the fast paced action of Borderlands 2, Except for being all online.

agree with the above but also slight Halo feel to it as well with the Ego system.

Myst
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I may be in the minority here but I felt a bit of Lost Planet 2 in some instances.

Desidus
03-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Doesn't really feel like most games I have played. I never played Borderlands which a lot of people compare it to. *shrugs* To me its just its own thing with some of Rift components spliced in.

Maldrix
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Doesn't really feel like most games I have played. I never played Borderlands which a lot of people compare it to. *shrugs* To me its just its own thing with some of Rift components spliced in.

It's a pretty fair enough comparison, in this game you're an Ark Hunter, in Borderlands you're a Vault Hunter, both are looking for alien technology, 4 player group co op, lots of weapon variety, vehicle based combat.

If I had to explain Defiance to a friend who knew nothing about it I would probably say "It's like a more serious Borderlands but in third person mmo format."

Even some enemy types look a little similar.
http://s22.postimg.org/pe7vp790g/Spiderants_Vs_Hellbugs.jpg