PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you actually read the blog?

Warlander
04-30-2013, 11:24 AM
i dont think anyone read that post, it clearly said that its a list of things people want , it also says they are not giving people what they want, that list is not a guarantee , nor is it whats best for the game. people just seem to ignore that and think that list is gonna happen lol

yet people are all omg i love trion look at this list....gonna be a lot of buthurt comming up.

Ticon
04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
from all the rants- i was thinking the same thing, i don't think many readers(if i can call em that) 'got it'

but in lamest terms he was stating he is aware of what people are writing on the forums n blogs about the game.

leave it at at that.

3rdpig
04-30-2013, 11:29 AM
I read it, and all I took away from it is "We know things are broken", "we intend to fix them" and "we're listening to you".

Was I supposed to get something else from it?

And what you think is best for the game may not be what I think is best. Keep that in mind.

Hiero Glyph
04-30-2013, 11:30 AM
If politics has taught us anything, most PR is all hot air. I'll believe it when Trion starts rolling out new content that is not just pursuits and emergency events.

Warlander
04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
he was just saying they know what we want, but what we want isnt whats best for the game.
the point is they are listening that list IS NOT a list of comming changes.

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Its their own fault if butthurt ensues. lol they should know that sheep cant understand things too well. Should have made it more obvious.

Myll_Erik
04-30-2013, 11:37 AM
True - none of that is a guaranteed list of things we will 100% add in.

Though I can say that the same list is going around and being checked to see what we can do and when we can do it.

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Why is it that the mods respond to these trivial threads that dont even matter, and not bigger issues?

Iceberg
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM
They also mentioned that they hate the chat system, but meh, it was just a small list of things they have seen and not really going to work on it if it is not going to take their game in the direction they want.

Taaltos
04-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Why is it that the mods respond to these trivial threads that dont even matter, and not bigger issues?

That's not a moderator. That's one of the developers and Trion Worlds Community Managers. Big difference. Why? Because these are things they have the liberty to respond to.

Kind of similar to the military, you sometimes can only tell the junior enlisted certain things, until you have concrete answers.

Am I being deployed?

THere is a possibility of deployment.

Where am I going?

There is a possibility of deployment.

In other words, they aren't quite sure yet, but when they are, they'll let you know.

Iceberg
04-30-2013, 11:42 AM

I'm no expert, but a community manager who replies to these sorts of threads are probably doing their job. A Mod? No, I think they are doing a good job however in their own duties.

Taaltos
04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm no expert, but a community manager who replies to these sorts of threads are probably doing their job. A Mod? No, I think they are doing a good job however in their own duties.

Aye, you are correct. The actual moderators are employed by a different company, hired to monitor and maintain the CoC on the forums.

Warlander
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM

Though I can say that the same list is going around and being checked to see what we can do and when we can do it.

thanks for that, im sure it would help clear some things up, but wouldnt hurt to sticky what you just said somewhere.

Remag Div
04-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Another classic example of damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

Don't release any info or blogs - people ***** no communication
Release blog detailing possible content - people ***** no firm dates

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
oh gee thanks taaltos :D
anyway ,my point being that im sure hes in the know with bugs and issues with the game. Why bother adding a comment on this thread? I just love how you picked apart my reply word by word though. Nice job.

Defy
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
well if they know what we want then thats a good start :)

I am hoping for the bank and AH

Thedjectivenoun
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
What is this fabled blog that is mentioned.
Any links to this site if possible?

Warlander
04-30-2013, 11:51 AM
well if they know what we want then thats a good start :)

I am hoping for the bank and AH

yeah problem is in a month from now people will be screaming "they prommised xx* when no such claims were made.

Booshy
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
i dont think anyone read that post, it clearly said that its a list of things people want , it also says they are not giving people what they want, that list is not a guarantee , nor is it whats best for the game. people just seem to ignore that and think that list is gonna happen lol

yet people are all omg i love trion look at this list....gonna be a lot of buthurt comming up.

I thought the EXACT same thing when I went through a thread and people were nerdgasming everywhere over the list.

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM

http://community.defiance.com/en/

Or threres a big button at the top of the forum that says "Community Blog"

Taaltos
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM

The main blog: http://community.defiance.com/en/

The Specific Blog Mentioned: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 11:57 AM
I heard them talk about a list... but was there actually a list?
Anyone got a link for a poor old lazy goat?! :)

Nvm just saw taalties post

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
I heard them talk about a list... but was there actually a list?
Anyone got a link for a poor old lazy goat?! :)

Nvm just saw taalties post

Everytime i see those goats I smile lol.

Defy
04-30-2013, 12:05 PM

on the top of the forum there is a big link that says "Community Blog" :)

Facade
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM

Its the one on the left side of his sig that gets me everytime.

Iceberg
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM

But your avatar is so grumpy looking...

RoG Goat
04-30-2013, 12:07 PM
My goatlings spread pure happiness wherever I go.
<3

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
But your avatar is so grumpy looking...

Grumpy you say? Noooo lol

Codex
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
That's a pretty darned comprehensive list of what I see 3 times a week in the chat log on Twitch.

At this point, really, they have to do what they have to do to appease the people with glitches and issues before they add other stuff to the game. Then there's the people who've bought the DLC and are expecting some kind of decent schedule for that to come out...

Really though, it is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation here. They report that they are listening and are looking in to things and people grump and moan that they're a) not doing things fast enough or b) aren't doing things properly. I don't ever want to be a dev...

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
My goatlings spread pure happiness wherever I go.
<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AgkOlPH1oA

Shada Mori
04-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I read it, and all I took away from it is "We know things are broken", "we intend to fix them" and "we're listening to you".

Was I supposed to get something else from it? <snip>

Obviously... duh. You are supposed to be cynical and full of spite and throw a tantrum about how you aren't getting what you expected and the developers misrepresented things because what you think is content isn't what they think is content and threaten to leave only to post 100 times a day about how you are going to leave. Stop being a rebel and follow the crowd damn it!

Taaltos
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
That's a pretty darned comprehensive list of what I see 3 times a week in the chat log on Twitch.

At this point, really, they have to do what they have to do to appease the people with glitches and issues before they add other stuff to the game. Then there's the people who've bought the DLC and are expecting some kind of decent schedule for that to come out...

Really though, it is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation here. They report that they are listening and are looking in to things and people grump and moan that they're a) not doing things fast enough or b) aren't doing things properly. I don't ever want to be a dev...

Heya Fishy!

Justin CarMichael
04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
While the list isn't a promise and they said so, Trion has also been in the MMO business before with Rift and they should know that promise or not if they fail to deliver the vast majority of that list people are going to hammer them for it.

MacDeath
05-02-2013, 09:38 AM

The people who do it (develop games), do it because they love it. I'm sure many of them see players as a PITA (Pain in the Arse). But, there isn't a game without the players. So the smart ones have learned to put up with us, maybe even want to please most of us most of the time.

Ichidakiller
05-02-2013, 10:08 AM
It comes down to simple business. You want them to dump money time and resources into bringing you these additions to the game. Then start buying your seasons passes, start spending money on the ingame store. Not a company around will devote those to developing for a game that makes no money.

You the fans have to show support to the game that's f2p through their money making resources aka the ingame store and season passes. Otherwise they will stop developing content for the game.

Instead of sitting on the forums and demanding changes and free content. Support your game if you want to see it last longer then most f2p games.

you have already received more free content then 99% of the games on Xbox or ps3. I can't think of another game on either console that within the first month has given you 3patches and weekly content. Most game patch 3times maybe if your lucky their entire life cycle. You already have that in the first month here yes yes most of it was bug fixes. But name another company that updates their content this much. Besides buying tracks for one of those rock and guitar hero games.

You factor in the weekly content will probably slow a bit when the first season of the show is over and all that content will be free and at least 5dlc's for the season pass...... That's already more content then any other game on either console.

At least with this list they know what to develop for. They have shown you they are listening. Much better then any other mmo that I can think of. Can you tell me the last time blizzard or bioware or (insert mmo company here) has shown you that they have heard your complaints and suggestions. Most other companies you get silence or some half thought out content. What has blizard given its fans. They asked for more heroic classes like the deathknight they got worgen and goblins instead. Again more heroic classes requested they got pandas and monks..... Took them what two years or more to add a second class to the game.....

Between this and basicly all but announcing defiance for nextgen (which will improve alot of the issues plaguing the Xbox and ps3 with updated hardware and graphics capabilities.....

Give them time to add content. You have to find a middle ground between asking for new content and giving them a reasonable amount of time to actually add it. Or you will all be here the day this new content screaming "this is a rush job of broken crap and half thought ideas"

I would rather have a good mix of steady content at well executed content.

Facade
05-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Lots of text

While I do agree with you.

1. It's buy to play, not free to play. You had to buy the game.
2. Why should people pay anything extra to them at the moment with how many issues the game has had and the painfully slow fixing process that seems to break more than it fixes.

It's their job to make me want to give them money, not my job to provide them money in hopes that I enjoy what they release.

IGears
05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
It's their job to make me want to give them money, not my job to provide them money in hopes that I enjoy what they release.

sounds like a kickstarter horror story if you did that

baelrusk
05-02-2013, 11:29 AM
We're buying a working product, that is what it says.
We're NOT investing in a company.

I don't know about anyone else......but I did not buy a product that, even though it was the release version, had a load of bugs that were apparently in the beta (and the alpha?) and were reported.
It was my mistake though to make the assumption that because it was in the MMO category it would actually have an adequate chat system.
As this game stands right now, it's only really similar to a shooter that also has online capabilities. But it requires a server in order to play, so even if you do the normal solo thing like it seems restricted to......when the server is gone so is the game.

ItISLupus
05-02-2013, 11:40 AM
the only thing I took from it was "what should you take away from this post? NOTHING"

K A S H I H A R A D
05-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Really though, it is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation here.

Pretty much.

Maintain an open line of communication with your community -> "Why aren't you working on the game!? YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!"

Focus on bug fixes at the cost of maintaining said line -> "Why aren't you telling us anything!? YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!"

Trying to strike a balance between both -> "If you don't hurry up and finish I'm going to play something else! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!"

I definitely don't envy most if all game developers when it comes to dealing with their respective communities. We can be a real pain in the *** to deal with sometimes but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If you can't take the heat you shouldn't be the kitchen hence why I'm glad Trion isn't taking the criticism personally yet. I've cut ties with other high profile developers in the past for making that same mistake.

Rasczak
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
That's not a moderator. That's one of the developers and Trion Worlds Community Managers.

Just so you know, unless Trion is doing it differently in Defiance than every other major MMO developer out there (including their own Rift forum staff) a Community Manager is not a developer. They are the liason between the developers and the community. They take our likes and dislikes to the Dev team at the meetings, and bring back to us whatever responses they are cleared to post.

Sometimes, they also serve on the internal testing team, as well.

There is a huge difference between Developer and Community Manager.

MacDeath
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Just so you know, unless Trion is doing it differently in Defiance than every other major MMO developer out there (including their own Rift forum staff) a Community Manager is not a developer. They are the liason between the developers and the community. They take our likes and dislikes to the Dev team at the meetings, and bring back to us whatever responses they are cleared to post.

Sometimes, they also serve on the internal testing team, as well.

There is a huge difference between Developer and Community Manager.
Well, yes and no. Technically, I don't think of the CMs as being part of Development either, but... Trion's Dev tracker tracks the CMs so somewhere at Trion they are considered to be devs.