PDA

View Full Version : Defiance: Ultimate Edition at Gamestop SNAFU or False advertising?

Diasean
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I preordered Defiance: Ultimate Edition for XBOX at a physical Gamestop Store
TRION's website, and Gamestop's website both list a season pass as part of it (see below) yet the physical store told me today I have to purchase the season pass separately. I would like some clarification.

Will i receive my DLC season Pass with my physical copy I ordered in the store or do I need to find alternate means of acquiring my game?

I have to ask, because if Gamestop's website and TRION say it's included but Gamestop's physical stores are stripping out that feature of the preorder I find it to be misleading in the extreme.

Features listed on sites:Defiance Messenger Bag
Game box and disc
Hellbug Statue
Art of Defiance Art Book
Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
VBI Contact
Two Defiance post cards
Digital Items:
1,200 Bits
Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
Retailer Exclusive weapon
VBI Sentinel Shield
7 Day scrip boost
7 Day XP boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory
In-game title: Badlands Drifter
1 year Season Pass

ItISLupus
03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
the season pass is included. the devs have confirmed it. no need to worry. gamestop employee probably just being overzealous with information.

Akado
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Not every Gamestop employee will know everything about every game. He probably didn't know it came with one and assumed that it was a seperate sale because it'll show that the season pass can be pre-ordered as well. Rest assured the Ultimate Edition comes with a season pass (that includes the extra in-game hat/lockbox.)

Diasean
03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
The gamestop put in a call to *someone* higher up on the food chain who assured him that there was no DLC in the Ultimate Edition. Can I get a link or some official feedback to be certain please?

His level of certainty was unsettling to be sure, especially considering I have convinced friends to pre-order the UE because of the included DLC season pass.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
The gamestop put in a call to *someone* higher up on the food chain who assured him that there was no DLC in the Ultimate Edition. Can I get a link or some official feedback to be certain please?

His level of certainty was unsettling to be sure, especially considering I have convinced friends to pre-order the UE because of the included DLC season pass.

No offense, but Gamestop is not known for being right (even remotely so) most of the time. It is in there, as mentioned before, the devs and people who box it included a code or something for it.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
No offense, but Gamestop is not known for being right (even remotely so) most of the time. It is in there, as mentioned before, the devs and people who box it included a code or something for it.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/defiance-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/106643 To gamestop's own OFFICIAL site.

ItISLupus
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2183-Gamestop-Ultimate-Edition-Does-Include-DLC-Season-Pass&p=29971&viewfull=1#post29971

There you go man

lances post confirming the season pass is included

Akado
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
They might be thinking the regular collector's edition.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Honestly, after Gamestop's past incidents, it is pretty hard to tell what they are thinking. No offense.