PDA

View Full Version : Beta Launcher Question

BJC289
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I know some people are experiencing trouble wit the Launcher yes, I am also have the same issue with the error but, my question is why is the download so slow? I download at a constant 5 megabytes a second with everything else and for this its less than 100kbs .. is it that the launcher doesn't calculate my internet speed but only how busy the servers are from multiple people downloading at the same time? May be a waste of a thread. Just curious if anyone has any factual info on this as i couldn't find any.

Escyos
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
A couple of thousand people all downloading at once and you expect it to be super fast?

Jesse
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Be thankful you started today so it will be done by 8:00 AM PST tomorrow.

BJC289
03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Escyos, while i know trolls prefer to answer questions with questions...i assume you arent one and also assume you dont have a very good grasp on comprehending anything i typed in this thread.

Desidus
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
while i know trolls prefer to answer questions with questions...i assume you arent one and also assume you dont have a very good grasp on comprehending anything i typed in this thread.

It was worded as a question but it was an answer.... yeah it was kinda snootie (no offense escyos) but he is right in that it is kinda an obvious answer. Maybe they are getting more downloads than anticipated (which is a good thing).

BJC289
03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
It was worded as a question but it was an answer.... yeah it was kinda snootie (no offense escyos) but he is right in that it is kinda an obvious answer. Maybe they are getting more downloads than anticipated (which is a good thing).
well the question i asked is if the launcher is slow because of multiple people downloading causing the server to be busy. i asked the question in a two piece segment in the original post. i was trying to determine if my internet speed has anything to do with download speed over all and at this point i guess it doesnt until the servers let up a little and people finish. its apparent that i knew there were going to be many people downloading, based on the original post. the guy who had posted the first comment is just a d!Ęk. ;)
oh well. what can you do...except for wait. haha.