PDA

View Full Version : No ETA on Server Fix

darkaoasi901
04-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Heres the latested from trion :) bet you all love this http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?55759-NA-Servers-Down-April-30th-11-55-AM-PT

brute
04-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Heres the latested from trion :) bet you all love this http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?55759-NA-Servers-Down-April-30th-11-55-AM-PT

i love the fact they know and are working on them bound to happen from time to time with any online game.

Woodlouse
04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
I just got this game today and played for about 2 hours and then this server issue.

Jokerz_89
04-30-2013, 12:44 PM
i love the fact they know and are working on them bound to happen from time to time with any online game.

Glad to know that not everyone on these forums is a complete Moron. This is an MMO, and a Console MMO at that... if you expected the game to be w/out it's problem... you are pathetically naive.

BLunted
04-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Glad to know that not everyone on these forums is a complete Moron. This is an MMO, and a Console MMO at that... if you expected the game to be w/out it's problem... you are pathetically naive.

Was it scheduled downtime? If not, it is reasonable to expect the servers to be up.

Not specifically singling out Trion here but, being an apologist is what continuously allow game companies to provide sub-par service. If gamers just held them to a higher standard, they would rise to it.

krayzgates
04-30-2013, 12:51 PM
not scheduled..usually pops up and gives u 30 minutes to finish what u were doing

gavindor
04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I love that the time I can play the servers down. The day I put money again on boost for 24hr xp the servers goes down. I love that when I finally get 4 mods in a gun after countless hours and stupid random launcher mods for slots that dont exist the gun disappears from my inventory. Dnt get me wrong I love this game a lot but with the time I do have to play it seems no matter what I do I feel like sometimes I am wasting that precious time.

I dont know I wish they would just focus on the main server crash and item loss instead of new random events sometimes. I also dont get the key and lockbox crap tons and i mean tons of lockboxes bits and keycodes and no rares and all I ever get is rocket launchers and launcher mods? I hate launchers lol. I would rather pay 5 times as much keys or bits to get a pistol or assault rifle mod or gun somehow lame. DLC will definitely be on the hold I love the game it needs some tweaking and they need to do something for all of us who have bought bits et and lost items modded guns boost time and I dont mean free loot drop boost (white garbage that turns into resources that we lose when we open slots to put mods into a gun that then disappears...

If its gonna be this way give us back keycodes from random events why does it matter the keycodes rarely turn into something good that stays in the inventory lately anyway. why not :confused: give us 5-10 ego rating for our troubles?

Facade
04-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Looks like it will be Dark Arisen for me then.

Fatalmephisto
04-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Server crashes can happen at any given time of the day. So of course Trion isn't going to post a 10 min warning saying "Servers are about to crash. Going down in 10 mins".

Verios44
04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Servers up folks

Shtako Taco
04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Game was running ok. then the hacking started. Some pimple faced d'bag with social anxiety disorder is giggling in his basement somewhere.

Sade
04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
The servers are up now, at least for me they are.

IMRavnos
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM

Not trying to TROLL or anything, however I can't help but laugh at comments like this.

Since when did gamers just decide to accept any and all failures by developers of MMOs? Yes an MMO has unique issues and circumstances that trash like Call of Dookie and God of Bore doesn't. However does that really negate any and all complaints when issues arise?

I'm not here to scream "The sky is faling OMFG!!1111"

However I'm always amazed that no matter how buggy, mediocre, poorly designed, or lackluster a game is, there will ALWAYS be die hard fans who refuse to accept any complaints.

I'm not trying to single out the poster I quoted. I have seen MANY others who defend Defiance and Trion in every case and I always find it odd. It's not a unique thing for Defiance either, I saw it on DCUO forums, WoW forums, FFXII forums, GW2 forums, Everquest and Everquest 2, Asheron's call and AC2 etc..

Hell I've probably blindly defended developers in the past.

However not everyone is a Veteran MMO player and calling anyone who is not o.k. with a bug plagued mediocre game na´ve is rather elitist of you.