PDA

View Full Version : Arkfalls and weapon XP

Dwane
04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Main reason why u avoid arkfalls is, that thy dont provide weapon XP. But episode pursuit forced me to do arkfalls, so i was testing what gives weapon XP in arkfalls and what dont. I guess some1 will find it useful. (list isnt complete, datas from PC version)

Minor Arkfall

╔════════════════════════╤═════════════════╤══════ ═════╤═══════════╗
║ Name │ Type │ Faction │ Source ║
╠════════════════════════╪═════════════════╪══════ ═════╪═══════════╣
║ Claimjumpers │ waves │ 99s │ √ mobs ║
╟────────────────────────┼─────────────────┼────── ─────┼───────────╢
║ Hellbugs Destruction │ destroy crystal │ hellbugs │ X mobs ║
╟────────────────────────┴─────────────────┴────── ─────┤ ║
║ │ X crystal ║
╟────────────────────────┬─────────────────┬────── ─────┼───────────╢
║ Hellbugs Extermination │ waves │ hellbugs │ X mobs ║
║ Mutant Conflict │ waves │ mutants │ √ mobs ║
║ Mutant Mayhem │ destroy crystal │ mutants │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Prosperity in '99 │ destroy crystal │ 99s │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Raider Destruction │ destroy crystal │ raiders │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Scrapper Demolition │ destroy crystal │ scrapper │ X mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Scrapper Destruction │ destroy crystal │ scrappers │ X mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═════╧═══════════╝

Major Arkfall

╔════════════════════════╤════════════════════════ ╤═══════════╤════════════════════════════╗
║ Name │ Final stage │ Faction │ Source ║
╠════════════════════════╪════════════════════════ ╪═══════════╪════════════════════════════╣
║ Hellbug Uprising │ Hellbug Hive Prime │ hellbugs │ X Hellbug Helion ║
╟────────────────────────┴──────────────────────── ┴───────────┤ ║
║ (Hellbug Extermination minors) │ X tower ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
╟────────────────────────┬──────────────────────── ┬───────────┼────────────────────────────╢
║ Mother of all Hellbugs │ Mother of all Hellbugs │ hellbugs │ √ Hellbug Matron ║
║ │ X mobs ║
╟────────────────────────┬──────────────────────── ┬───────────┼────────────────────────────╢
║ Revolting Hellbugs │ Hellbug Hive Mutation │ hellbugs │ X Mature Hellbug Helion ║
║ (Hellbug Destruction minors) │ X tower ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
║ Scrapper Uprising │ Scrapper Progenitor │ scrappers │ √ Scrapper Progenitor Core ║
║ (Scrapper Demolition minors) │ X tentacles ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ════════════╧════════════════════════════╝

anastasia
04-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for confirming what I pretty much thought was the case. I'm really only doing arkfalls for the kill count now that they aren't resetting anymore, otherwise I can run co-ops for weapon proficiency and pretty much the same rewards plus all the weapon drops.

Orbital
04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
They make it so that there really is no incentive to stay for the whole arkfall, you're better off just tagging the minor parts or just showing up for the boss. You can participate in 3 or 4 arkfalls at once that way and you don't have to do anything besides travel and shoot a few rounds to get basically the same rewards.

Qoreman
04-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Wouldn't you say for the Hellbug Matron and the Scrapper Progenitor Core you're not actually getting XP for the creature but instead you're getting it for completion of the major arkfall.

Does confirm my rule of thumb, if its a Hellbug/Scrapper Arkfall you get no Weapon Skill XP, all others you do. ty!

Dwane
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Wouldn't you say for the Hellbug Matron and the Scrapper Progenitor Core you're not actually getting XP for the creature but instead you're getting it for completion of the major arkfall.

Does confirm my rule of thumb, if its a Hellbug/Scrapper Arkfall you get no Weapon Skill XP, all others you do. ty!

Testing was simple, check weapon XP - shoot few rounds on said target - recheck XP again, so Matron and Progenitor Core (while nothing else in final stage) gives weapon XP for dmg dealt, not for completation of arkfall.

Most datas were rechecked in another arkfall for comfirmation.

Elemental helbugs that popups during arkfalls however always gives weapon XP.

BMG gets XP for healing in any arkfall.

Qoreman
04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Testing was simple, check weapon XP - shoot few rounds on said target - recheck XP again, so Matron and Progenitor Core (while nothing else in final stage) gives weapon XP for dmg dealt, not for completation of arkfall.

Most datas were rechecked in another arkfall for comfirmation.

Elemental helbugs that popups during arkfalls however always gives weapon XP.

BMG gets XP for healing in any arkfall.

Gotcha, thanks for going into it further.

pyrolm
05-01-2013, 12:09 PM
A very informative post, thanks. This has been pretty much my experience but I never took the time to just test it out. To someone else's point though they really should award Weapon XP or something because eventually once everyone has finished the pursuits there will really be no incentive to do them. Yea the XP and Keys are nice but I can do a Coop Instance and get the same rewards but also get weapon XP. I worry for the future of arkfalls; I enjoy them but when you are trying to complete other pursuits like leveling up guns I have to do other things. Just need 12 more Revives!

Houngan
05-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Thank you!

Daergar
05-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like it's simply a bug that the bugs and scrappers themselves do not yield experience gain? The whole 3/5 deal can be either way I guess, overlooked or borked.

barium
05-02-2013, 09:31 AM
They make it so that there really is no incentive to stay for the whole arkfall, you're better off just tagging the minor parts or just showing up for the boss. You can participate in 3 or 4 arkfalls at once that way and you don't have to do anything besides travel and shoot a few rounds to get basically the same rewards.

i just show up for the boss so i can get the free 3-5 keycodes. if they change that to where you gotta do the whole thing to get keycodes ill just completely write that off altogether since theres no weap exp which is my only goal anymore since everything else is done.

XCL Grindin
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
That was some awesome info. I have been testing that very thing myself. Thanks for confirming.
Main reason why u avoid arkfalls is, that thy dont provide weapon XP. But episode pursuit forced me to do arkfalls, so i was testing what gives weapon XP in arkfalls and what dont. I guess some1 will find it useful. (list isnt complete, datas from PC version)

Minor Arkfall

╔════════════════════════╤═════════════════╤══════ ═════╤═══════════╗
║ Name │ Type │ Faction │ Source ║
╠════════════════════════╪═════════════════╪══════ ═════╪═══════════╣
║ Claimjumpers │ waves │ 99s │ √ mobs ║
║ Hellbugs Destruction │ destroy crystal │ hellbugs │ X mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Hellbugs Extermination │ waves │ hellbugs │ X mobs ║
║ Mutant Conflict │ waves │ mutants │ √ mobs ║
║ Mutant Mayhem │ destroy crystal │ mutants │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Prosperity in '99 │ destroy crystal │ 99s │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Raider Destruction │ destroy crystal │ raiders │ √ mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Scrapper Demolition │ destroy crystal │ scrapper │ X mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
║ Scrapper Destruction │ destroy crystal │ scrappers │ X mobs ║
║ │ X crystal ║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═════╧═══════════╝

Major Arkfall

╔════════════════════════╤════════════════════════ ╤═══════════╤════════════════════════════╗
║ Name │ Final stage │ Faction │ Source ║
╠════════════════════════╪════════════════════════ ╪═══════════╪════════════════════════════╣
║ Hellbug Uprising │ Hellbug Hive Prime │ hellbugs │ X Hellbug Helion ║
║ (Hellbug Extermination minors) │ X tower ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
║ Mother of all Hellbugs │ Mother of all Hellbugs │ hellbugs │ √ Hellbug Matron ║
║ │ X mobs ║
║ Revolting Hellbugs │ Hellbug Hive Mutation │ hellbugs │ X Mature Hellbug Helion ║
║ (Hellbug Destruction minors) │ X tower ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
║ Scrapper Uprising │ Scrapper Progenitor │ scrappers │ √ Scrapper Progenitor Core ║
║ (Scrapper Demolition minors) │ X tentacles ║
║ │ ║
║ │ X mobs ║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ════════════╧════════════════════════════╝

Whippersnapper
05-02-2013, 01:04 PM
What about keycodes? What gets you the most keycodes?
The most I get is 5 keycodes when I heal some folks. Otherwise, its 3 even when I reach top 10 in an arkfall.

Mutated Spleen
05-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm about to do something I frown on people for doing...

But could we get some dev input on this? This seems like a pretty big deal, not being able to get weapon exp from arkfalls. Like, big enough that it makes me do the "put 1 bullet into the thing for free keys and then leave" method of handling arkfalls. I really like arkfalls, and competing for top damage and all that, but if I'm not getting any weapon progression, there is no way I'm going to spend my time doing them.

Please either fix it, or confirm that that is intended, as it seems like a huge bug.

Iceberg
05-04-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm about to do something I frown on people for doing...

But could we get some dev input on this? This seems like a pretty big deal, not being able to get weapon exp from arkfalls. Like, big enough that it makes me do the "put 1 bullet into the thing for free keys and then leave" method of handling arkfalls. I really like arkfalls, and competing for top damage and all that, but if I'm not getting any weapon progression, there is no way I'm going to spend my time doing them.

Please either fix it, or confirm that that is intended, as it seems like a huge bug.

But what is the point in getting keys? A chance at some mods or some loot from a box? You are probably going to salvage/sell that stuff anyways. So what is the actual point in having keys for this game? We go to the ark falls for the kills, well it keeps resetting (although not recently so far). Weapon XP? depending on what kind of ark fall it is, maybe.

They need to rethink everything in this game if they want people to take it seriously.

Grimwyrd
05-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks for doing this Dwane! I've been trying to share this info on numerous threads, but it keeps coming up.

The bottom line is that the thing you're shooting needs to give you normal xp (EGO Unit/yellow bar/xp floater pops up above target) when it dies. The Hellbug Matron and Scrapper Progenitor give normal xp and give weapon xp.

You can actually get a decent chunk of weapon xp shooting the Progenitor and Matron... it's really only the Majors with the Monarchs/Hellion that are a waste for weapon leveling.

Anyway, I think this system is intended, because it's not too difficult to get >1M damage in a Major Arkfall so you'd be maxing a weapon every Major if they didn't limit it to the final boss.

Tessien
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
i just show up for the boss so i can get the free 3-5 keycodes. if they change that to where you gotta do the whole thing to get keycodes ill just completely write that off altogether since theres no weap exp which is my only goal anymore since everything else is done.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped doing arkfalls when I realized I wasn't getting any weapon xp. I was doing every arkfall I could before that. It takes a while to level up weapons through normal play as it is, slowing it down even more by doing arkfalls sucks.

Ashlocke
05-07-2013, 02:54 AM
I guess my stupid question is: Is this intended by the Devs? Or will we eventually see XP for all mobs killed no matter where we fight them? Seems strange to me that if I kill a hellbug in an arkfall and get no weapon XP then walk 100 feet down the road and kill a random roaming hellbug then I suddenly get weapon XP.

My brain wants to say it's bugged because the game was rushed out live to make the TV Show deadline but my gut is telling me something else...

My final thoughts about this are that if the Devs intend for us to never get weapon XP at arkfalls then once I get my arkfall perks done I will likely never do one again, or at the very least once in a blue moon just for giggles.

Dwane
05-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Another example of weird Arkfall mechanism. ~1000dmg and ~300healing done in 9 sec (1 BMG "clip"), yeat i get greatly rewarded (26750XP, 5keys, 500scrip + stuff on the ground). I can think only about 1 thing that would give me even more XP, killshot on boss (seems like boss is worth of 11k XP, with killshot it shows 13k2XP). Looks like only Progenitor and "Big Ball Helbug" yelds XP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OfzSkzo4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OfzSkzo4o

Master Dub1
05-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Once a gun is maxed you don't progress any further in that over all gun type. I am forced to rotate weapons frequently the way it is. If I received gun xp for all the crit damage I do in arkfalls it would be insane. I would go through guns faster than I could replenish decent ones. As it is I loot or buy a better weapon in my weapon classes at about the time or before I max one out. The wsy I see it. Save a good purple or blue thats maxed out and do arkfalls with them . I place in the top two consistentantly.

crasher
05-12-2013, 06:43 AM
[[EDIT:If I'd gotten to Master Dub1's post before spouting off I could have saved a buncha typing]]

Yeah, I pretty much stopped doing arkfalls when I realized I wasn't getting any weapon xp. I was doing every arkfall I could before that. It takes a while to level up weapons through normal play as it is, slowing it down even more by doing arkfalls sucks.

OTOH, you get a good 'hard to find' weapon, like a syphon SAW, and you burn it up on one arkfall. I would, anyway, standing under a monarch blazing away I needed the syphon.

Then whatcha got, but a burned out SAW and you don't get XP from it anymore in day-to-day usage...

-------------------------------------------------------------
My cut/paste adding quotes into edits isn't working, again
Master Dub1 said this:
Once a gun is maxed you don't progress any further in that over all gun type. I am forced to rotate weapons frequently the way it is. If I received gun xp for all the crit damage I do in arkfalls it would be insane. I would go through guns faster than I could replenish decent ones. As it is I loot or buy a better weapon in my weapon classes at about the time or before I max one out. The wsy I see it. Save a good purple or blue thats maxed out and do arkfalls with them . I place in the top two consistentantly.
----------------------------------------------

I buy 'em whenever I see 'em, prob is that I don't see 'em as often as I need 'em.

Aeothena
06-18-2013, 06:20 AM
[[EDIT:If I'd gotten to Master Dub1's post before spouting off I could have saved a buncha typing]]

OTOH, you get a good 'hard to find' weapon, like a syphon SAW, and you burn it up on one arkfall. I would, anyway, standing under a monarch blazing away I needed the syphon.

Then whatcha got, but a burned out SAW and you don't get XP from it anymore in day-to-day usage...

My cut/paste adding quotes into edits isn't working, again
Master Dub1 said this:
----------------------------------------------

I buy 'em whenever I see 'em, prob is that I don't see 'em as often as I need 'em.
Old thread (not to old though)

New patches now allow you to reset the XP of the gun. So, get a good one, stick to that, scrap the rest. And if one would want to grind XP, no need to go to arkfalls. I locate a trail with 99'ers, shoot 4, walk a few steps, shoot 4 more, add a Goldie, walk some more, shoot another 4-6. After my 6th encounter within 2 minutes Walking distance I have made a loop and the first gang has re-spawn. After a few laps you would easily have maxed out the weapon a few times, rince and repeat. You get a bunch of loot to scrap as you go, more then you would have at arkfalls.....