PDA

View Full Version : Arkfalls: why i only revive friends

SavageWolf
04-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Not because i'm trying to get 1st and don't want to stop shooting.
Not because i don't like people.
Not because i'd rather t-bag whoever is downed

It's because everytime i see someone crawling about on the ground, i run over and start reviving them only to have them self revive halfway through. I don't get it, why waste a SR when you are getting revived? WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Please stop

Beta582
04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
I have noticed that sometimes someone who is reviving you does not show up on your screen in an arkfall.

You will be revived only to see the person who revived you appear after you get up.

Possibly that.

OR:

They may find it shameful to have gone down in the first place.

OR:

They are a troll.

crasher
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Not because i'm trying to get 1st and don't want to stop shooting.
Not because i don't like people.
Not because i'd rather t-bag whoever is downed

It's because everytime i see someone crawling about on the ground, i run over and start reviving them only to have them self revive halfway through. I don't get it, why waste a SR when you are getting revived? WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Please stop

Completely agree.

If you're going to wait for a revive, crawl around, look like you're participating.

If you're going to self revive, don't look like you're trying to draw attention to your dead self.

Natjur
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Completely agree.

If you're going to wait for a revive, crawl around, look like you're participating.

If you're going to self revive, don't look like you're trying to draw attention to your dead self.

This is what I do, if I am going to self revive, I do not move and just hit the E key
If I need a revive, I start crawling to the nearest person.

If a person is down and not moving, I ignore them, if they are crawling to me, I run up and start reviving

ratt707
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry to take time out of your busy ark hunting schedule to attempt a 5 sec revive on a random. i guess if we got reward based on points, maybe it would actually matter.

Being that majority of time people completely ignore you, not unlike what you said in your post, people are in the habit of self reviving.

I try not to play like a ****** and try to help people. Im not gonna hold it against other players because a minority of people quick revive while gettin revived. Maybe if I do it enough people will catch on, stop doing it and even help others who get incapped.

But if youd like to ignore incapped players and make the ark last even longer because you refuse to help someone dead at your feet, go right on ahead.

Dana Dawn
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Maybe it is different on the PC-EU servers. I have a hard time to revive a random because everyone and their little sister are running to people needing a revive.

Personally I never self revive in an ark fall, because I know people need their revive points.

steadyhand08
04-30-2013, 03:17 PM
yeh im EU PS3 the moment i hit the deck i have like million people are going WILL SAVE YOU, right as another blaster volley hits all of us >.< not noticed this problem here

Ninno20
04-30-2013, 03:20 PM
I teabag everyone, fullstop. Because thats the kinda guy i am. Its even better when im the cause of there death

ratt707
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
I teabag everyone, fullstop. Because thats the kinda guy i am. Its even better when im the cause of there death

It is better to do this to people in coop. Then after they die they have to continue playing with you in a small group. Even better when there's mics involved.

You wanna group up later and run over some skitters at the next arkfall?

cusman
04-30-2013, 03:33 PM
They should slow down the hold for self-revive action to match or exceed the ally revive time.

Kierro Kai
04-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I'll admit I've done it a few times but not to be a prick. Rather I don't want someone risking to get KOed trying to save my sorry ***. They help me up only to get F-ed up as a reward so-to-speak. Then I'll feel bad because they wasted time saving me instead of their pay check. Tho a noble deed nonetheless, as odd as that sounds.