PDA

View Full Version : Blue Infiltrator Suit On UE Box.

Bopbarker
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I have not seen any feedback on the Blue Infiltrator Suit that is on the UE box. Is this included in the suit fixes that are going out? If not is this issue being looked into?

SavageWolf
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah i noticed the UE box had that suit on the back of it. It's the same suit you get from the pursuit. But yeah it annoyed me thinking i was getting a red suit, then the box had the silver/green camo suit yet we got a desert came suit lol. Makes no sense

Bopbarker
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Has anybody received this yet?

Bopbarker
04-30-2013, 06:49 PM
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w577/Bopbarker/fbe06aba-c3a9-49b0-a1e4-21f90876ce65_zps4f34f970.jpg (http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/Bopbarker/media/fbe06aba-c3a9-49b0-a1e4-21f90876ce65_zps4f34f970.jpg.html)

Here I took a picture of it on the UE box. It is great that everybody is getting their red infiltrator suits but what about this? I would love to at least hear something back, at least a "We are working on it" since the only thing I can find official is about the red suit. Has this been overlooked by the devs?

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Nothing?

Bump

Munx
05-01-2013, 05:04 AM
You have to earn that outfit, its from living to kill V.

Schwa
05-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Something tells me marketing didn't know wtf was goin on with this whole suit mess.

IGears
05-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Something tells me marketing didn't know wtf was goin on with this whole suit mess.

yep thats what im thinking

Munx
05-01-2013, 05:08 AM
The marketing team being out of synch is the least of theyr problems tbh.

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Seeing as their is a different design on the UE box from the other editions of the game I would think it was intended for UE buyers to get a different outfit. If it was a mistake, why has NOTHING officially been said about it.

If I am wrong and something has been said about it, please show me where it has been said. I have had no luck finding anything and have received no response from TRION about this.

The marketing team being out of synch is the least of theyr problems tbh.

Yet the Red Suit is fixed before other problems.

Munx
05-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Seeing as their is a different design on the UE box from the other editions of the game I would think it was intended for UE buyers to get a different outfit. If it was a mistake, why has NOTHING officially been said about it.

If I am wrong and something has been said about it, please show me where it has been said. I have had no luck finding anything and have received no response from TRION about this.

Yet the Red Suit is fixed before other problems.

Yeah "only" took them 4 weeks, to give people a second outfit!

And No you are ment to get the same outfit as the DE edition, they shared names afterall "•Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit"

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm looking at a box with a different outfit from what I received on this red suit give out from yesterday. The red suit is not called an Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit anymore and was changed to VBI Infiltrator. So they changed it to correct their mistake.

If the UE box was a mistake, why has nothing been said about it? DE and CE was a mistake and was fixed. I feel that the UE has been ignored on this issue because there are not thousands of people complaining about it. I know this only applies to a minority of us and there are not thousands complaining about it.

Viryu
05-01-2013, 06:09 AM
From what I read on the forum and all those leaks, it depends on which staff member you're talking to. I've found 3 versions so far, all came from different staff:
- it was a bug and the outfits will be replaced with red ones
- you'll be getting a second outfit with the proper colour
- it was changed last moment before release to poop camo, but the advertisements weren't changed; other than that, they are like intended

Munx
05-01-2013, 06:09 AM
It was only renamed because the camo version holds the other name.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Yep your right the infiltrator suit on the box is blue. I'm glad they gave us the red one though the color is very nice thanks to Trion for making that right

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 06:19 AM
To the person that said that UE was advertised as a red suit.

Saturday, January 26th, 2013
http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/defiance-ultimate-edition-pc-dvd-rom
http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2013/01/DEFIANCE_UEditionLG.jpg

There is not a red suit on this box.

duction
05-01-2013, 06:57 AM
lol my UE xbox box has a blue suit on too :P

mikey
05-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Hmm forgot about the blue suit on the UE box. I won't complain if we get it but I have to say I'm happy that we finally got the red suit and got to keep the camo version too. So thanks to Trion for that :)

Erei
05-01-2013, 07:08 AM
My UE also have a blue suit pictured.

Swampster
05-01-2013, 07:08 AM
yep +1 for the UE owners Blue Suit!!

Buruko
05-01-2013, 07:09 AM
I never looked at the suit on the box, but it was stated that the UE got everything the CE came with, which the CE comes with a Red suit of VBI Infiltrator armor plus Messenger bag, 1200 bits, and a Season Pass. At no point did it say we'd get a different color armor so this is most likely an art mix up of some kind.

Now whether enough people make it an issue like the 'red armor' bug or not is another matter, enough squeaky wheels and we may see some grease. However at the moment your the first and only I've seen bring the issue to the forums.

Honestly I'd like to see Trion let me keep the desert camo set, give me my red set, and then make this blue one for UE holders, cause hey it's on the box!

Then I can mix and match all day long. Also I don't believe this specific armor exists in the game as a pursuit reward, there is one that looks like it but isn't quite the same.

mikey
05-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Honestly I'd like to see Trion let me keep the desert camo set, give me my red set, and then make this blue one for UE holders, cause hey it's on the box!

Yeah I can get on board with that sounds fair.

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
I was just discussing with live support about this issue and him/her and their supervisor said it was the first time this issue has been brought up. I have not brought it up till now because they said they were working on the correct suits for the DDE, CE, and UE. When I saw yesterday that the red suit came out and no mention of the one that is on the UE, I did not think it was right. I saw the UE box picture before I bought it and I thought one of the cool things on it was a UE specific suit.

The GM I talked to said he sent it to another department to look at this issue, and too keep an eye out for an official response on this issue.

We do need more voices on this.

SavageWolf
05-01-2013, 07:23 AM
I mentioned this in a thread a couple of weeks ago and nobody seemed to care lol. I'm guessing they'll just let this one slip

RequiemPrime
05-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Can of Worms officially opened. LOL

I would also like to state that this suit is ALSO on the COLLECTOR'S EDITION box as well, not just the Ultimate.

Erei
05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Hmm forgot about the blue suit on the UE box. I won't complain if we get it but I have to say I'm happy that we finally got the red suit and got to keep the camo version too. So thanks to Trion for that :)
I do. I checked today, and I had the red suit available to claim, with the hellbug cap, and I was allowed to keep the camo suit and the sweet shades.

Swampster
05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I didn't get my hellbug cap back :(

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 07:38 AM
I am glad that I got my red suit as well. Since Ultimate is supposed to get everything that the other editions get.

Ozzalin
05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Can of Worms officially opened. LOL

I would also like to state that this suit is ALSO on the COLLECTOR'S EDITION box as well, not just the Ultimate.

I have been waiting for my Ultimate Edition Red Suit since day one.
Multiple threads opened about it from many players as well asking for what was on the ad.

They gave us the camo version, no red suit and that's it. No more answers after that.
I don't think they will ever give us any red suit, as it looks too much like Iron Man, and it's copyrighted.

Now for the EU one, same mistake again. Wrong ads.
Don't think they will give us an answer on that as well.
It also happened with the Gamestop-EBgames "exclusive" Infector... with an "exclusive" skin.
That turned out to be a regular infector skin you can find droping anywhere with same stats.
I deleted the item right away.

EDITED:

Just found out that they sent me my Red Suit from Ultimate Edition....
Can't believe this... YESSSS!!!
Thank you guys!! :)

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
I really doubt you're going to have much luck on this.

The red suit was widely advertised and prominently displayed everywhere, which is why that's being fixed. I have seen two other suits popping up now and then in advertisements - the one you're pointing out, was one (which I would hardly call blue - it's a mix of metallic grey and camo green, and available in game already as a in-game reward). It would be fairly pointless to include that as an exclusive UE reward when it is far from exclusive and available to anyone that completes the "Living to Kill V" pursuit.

On top of this, a lot of the UE advertisements show the suit as red. Regardless of what's shown on the physical box, it's difficult to argue the physical box picture was a motivating factor in your purchase because you don't get the box in your hands until you've already decided on and made a purchase.

The other suit I've seen advertised a handful of times IS very much bright-blue and black (instead of red and black), but that is not the one you're showing images of, and was not a UE advertisement.

Ozzalin
05-01-2013, 07:48 AM

The red suit was widely advertised and prominently displayed everywhere, which is why that's being fixed. I have seen two other suits popping up now and then in advertisements - the one you're pointing out, was one (which I would hardly call blue - it's a mix of metallic grey and camo green, and available in game already as a in-game reward). It would be fairly pointless to include that as an exclusive UE reward when it is far from exclusive and available to anyone that completes the "Living to Kill V" pursuit.

On top of this, a lot of the UE advertisements show the suit as red. Regardless of what's shown on the physical box, it's difficult to argue the physical box picture was a motivating factor in your purchase because you don't get the box in your hands until you've already decided on and made a purchase.

The other suit I've seen advertised a handful of times IS very much bright-blue and black (instead of red and black), but that is not the one you're showing images of, and was not a UE advertisement.

Well, this morning, when i went into the micro store, i found out that i had 7 items to claim.
One of them was my ultimate edition Red Suit!
I was like.... reeeeally, am i dreaming? No, no i'm not!
YESSS!!!! :D

So thank you guys at Trion, i had no idea you would fix this issue.
It was a nice surprise.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, this morning, when i went into the micro store, i found out that i had 7 items to claim.
One of them was my ultimate edition Red Suit!
I was like.... reeeeally, am i dreaming? No, no i'm not!
YESSS!!!! :D

So thank you guys at Trion, i had no idea you would fix this issue.
It was a nice surprise.

Fixing the red suit, yeah.. they've been talking about fixing that for the past month, so it was expected. What I was referring to was the particular suit which is the topic of this thread. I wasn't implying the red suit wouldn't be fixed (although, I'm still waiting on mine).

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM

The 2nd picture that I posted was a picture of the box art (which just so happens to be the actual box art that was released) that was posted on January 26 2013. So yes I did see it before purchase and I find it hard to believe that I am the only one. We have internet, we don't have to physically hold things to see them.

If we do not get this suit, so be it. I'm still going to play the game. If it was a mistake why does it seem like it was brushed off and didn't matter. Why did they release a box art to the public and not follow through with it and went with something completely different.

Haffoc
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
To the person that said that UE was advertised as a red suit.

Saturday, January 26th, 2013

There is not a red suit on this box.

Just for your own info... Red suit & UE.

http://external.webstorage.gr/images/0747579/defiance-ultimate-edition-1000-0747579.jpg

Bopbarker
05-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Just for your own info... Red suit & UE.

http://external.webstorage.gr/images/0747579/defiance-ultimate-edition-1000-0747579.jpg

So there is two separate pictures, yet that picture is not the same as what is on the actual box.

Found this blog post from the Defiance community page.
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/02/01/preorder-information-and-answers/

Also another post here on these forums with nothing being said about the box art being wrong and that the correct color is supposed to be red.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1685-Ultimate-Edition-Contents-Larger

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Regardless of what was being shown where, I'm still not sure what you're expecting to get. The grey & green-camo armor you're showing in those pictures is available in-game as a pursuit reward. It will never be a UE exclusive because it is, quite simply, available to anyone who plays the game.

So, where are you expecting this to go? If you were to receive the armor as a UE reward, you would receive nothing when you finish the "Living to Kill V" pursuit (because you'd already own that armor). You're essentially requesting to rob yourself of content. It was different with the red armor because it wasn't available anywhere else. There's not really any win-win scenario here.