PDA

View Full Version : Best weapons for arkfalls?

Whippersnapper
04-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm seeing people doing over 2 mil damage in major arkfalls and wonder what weapons they use. Sometimes I exceed them in the # of kills, but in damage, I don't even come close. It's like their firing non-stop or something.

I will often use an AR and Rocket Rebounder, or similar grenade launcher. Sometimes I will use my AR and BMG because I noticed I get more keycodes that way, though my dps & kills suffer. Ive also used an LMG/Shotgun and SMG/Shotgun.

Regardless, I never even get close to those numbers Im seeing in the top 5. I do not even get half that.

Note: This is during arkfalls where no vehicle lamers are present.

Exodus2000
04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Ground pounders/ponders.

LMGs.-the FRC ones.

Xazur
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
As said above, love how people NOW only use Ground Pounders after I told so many people at Arkfalls that they were the best for it, yet they kept using Swarm/Rebounder Cannon and those other weapons. Also Wolfhound pistols are uber powerful against the critical hit mobs. The main reason people have over 2 mill damage is mainly because they've been at the arkfall since the start and have been doing massive amounts of crits.

grog189
04-30-2013, 05:12 PM
pretty much exactly what Xazur said. In case you have not noticed it includes the damage from all the minor one's leading up to the major one. Not just the end boss fight. Also crits do tons of damage and explosives that hit lots of things and perks to increase that damage all help contribute to tons of damage at the end.

Whippersnapper
04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes I know it includes all. I do all.

Ground pounders? The grenade launchers? Lot of those are manual detonation and only one does 1,300dmg. The others are 800dmg. Or is there a strategy on their placement or something Im missing?

Drev
04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
LMG with 100+ mag, only hitting crit spots, using Overload constantly as well as timing it for reloads. Mass aoe explosives for the rare occasions you run out of ammo on the lmg. Don't forget grenades as well and using crit mods.

anastasia
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Best weapon is important but your back-up weapon is important too, I go with something to read when the servers are down!

I kid, I kid!

Shawnchapp
04-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I kid, I kid!

sadly it's the truth though Lol

Fluxeor
04-30-2013, 05:58 PM
On Hellbug Arkfalls (especially destroy crystal ones with the skitterling bites) .. Wolfhound pistol, aim for the vulnerable spots and fire as fast you can.

fatalslink
04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I use a smg with 80 rd clip, 348 dmg, 1.2 sec reload and just spam the blisters...usually get 1.5-1.9 mil. most i ever got was 2.4 but i was in a major with only a few people and was in it since 30 sec of beginning.

SWFTWLF
04-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Usually I just keep shooting glowing orange things / weakpoints / etc. until things explode. Generally this gets me in the Top 5.

Tessien
04-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I hate the dumbasses using AE explosives in the 'destroy the crystal' arkfalls, they probably get the most damage, but they make it take twice as long for everybody because they kill all the skitterlings. I just use a SAW LMG personally and overcharge for instant reload. I usually finish in the top 5 if I get there at the start and some idiot isn't killing all the skitterlings. Wolfhound pistols aren't bad either for shooting crit spots.

Out51d3r
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
I hate the dumbasses using AE explosives in the 'destroy the crystal' arkfalls, they probably get the most damage, but they make it take twice as long for everybody because they kill all the skitterlings.

Actually, they don't get the most damage. On Sunday, I ran accross a zerg raining explosives down on a crystal. It got frustrating, so I decided to move onto the next crystal ahead of them and soloed it. I got it down to 5% by the time they finished their crystal and caught up to me. At the end, I had the most damage in the arkfall, beating the second place guy by about 50%.

SWFTWLF
04-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Actually, they don't get the most damage. On Sunday, I ran accross a zerg raining explosives down on a crystal. It got frustrating, so I decided to move onto the next crystal ahead of them and soloed it. I got it down to 5% by the time they finished their crystal and caught up to me. At the end, I had the most damage in the arkfall, beating the second place guy by about 50%.

Indeed, the fastest way to shoot up the list is to find an empty arkfall point and just solo the ever-loving crap out of it if you're going for DPS. If you want to heal, follow the biggest groups, etc.

Skydive
04-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Best weapon for arkfalls is gawd, gasp, LISTEN TO EGO!

EGO actually tells you what to hit! Easy mode for anyone with at least half a brain and actually listens to her.

The destroy the crystal arkfalls are a good example. She tells you the skitlings bite the crystal creating a weak point...

A damage analysis of the things around (this is not 100% accurate but the general gist is close)

Against a Hellbug warrior or Matron you will only do 10% of your rated damage on it unless you hit a weakpoint (50% if using a rocket launcher or Detonator).
Against the back of the hellbug warrior weak point you do 15% of your weapon damage
Against the mouth of the hellbug warrior weak point you do 100% of your weapon damage.
Against a Pod, Flyer or Skitling you do 100% of your weapon damage
Against the crystal (non-weakpoint) you do 10% of your damage
Against the crystal weak point you do 100% of your weapon damage multiplied by the weapon critical modifer

Basically if you want to maximise your damage it you LISTENED to EGO, you will be maximising your damage.

Now you will have seen mention that damaging the crystal, I mentioned critical modifer!

Most AOE type weapons like the shotgun, detonator and rocketlauncher, do not have a critical modifer bonus (unless it has it as a trait). So even hitting critical spots do no added bonus for that weapon.

If you are good at hitting weak points, use a high critical modifer pistol or sniper rifle (with a mag size bigger than it's default otherwise you spend too much time reloading). If not, use a fast firing weapon, like an SMG, LMG or Assault rifle.

Toping the damage leaderboard is nothing special, all it indicates is pretty much how long you been there. Basically anyone with a significantly larger damage number than second guy is simply they been there a lot longer.

The best damage I got is 4.7 million damage (second place guy only had 800k damage), with me pretty much soloing three destroy crystal minor arkfalls within a major arkfall for over 10 minutes before the second guy turned up

Zov
04-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I like to use Hunter's stance and Gunslinger with my wolfhound you really notice a damage boost.

spikedzombies
04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
FRC Saw 85+ Magazine, and the crouch/hip ego boosts = massive damage

Shawnchapp
05-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm seeing people doing over 2 mil damage in major arkfalls

I use an AR seems to get the job done.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542959326346482786/4C7C0BF8BE55749DA0F8CAFA16A2EB0914A102DC/

RoG Goat
05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
LMGs/Pistols

Cavadus
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Any pistol with a crit modifier over 3 will get you a ******** ton of XP. My Wolfhound has a 4.0 crit mod, plus 1.15 for the mastery, and then the bonus of a tier III crit barrel which is something like +0.8 crit. Add all of that up and the Wolfhound's crit mod is 5.4.

The pistol does 404 damage per round, 16 round mag. I can dump the entire mag on a crystal's exposed point for 16(404*5.4) = 34,905.6 damage. I mean, I'm doing just shy of 2.2k damage per shot.

Oh, and that doesn't even include any damage boosts from abilities or perks. Do you see the potential?

You'll get a boatload of damage this way. Whenever I feel like going through the effort of topping the damage chart, which isn't very often anymore, I just roll Wolfhound and SAW and never stop firing. I usually come out ahead by a pretty huge point margin when I do this.

Only the n00bs spam AoE because, I assume, they haven't figured out what's so special about pistols yet (crit mod).

Facade
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Dual SAWs with Prepared & Scavenger

Ryme
05-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I got 1st place in an major arkfall once, but that was because i was there at the beginning and spent the entire time spamming a Wolfhound pistol at crystal blisters.

Still don't understand how giant chunks of rock are related to pieces of alien spaceships.

Durva360
05-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Any pistol with a crit modifier over 3 will get you a ******** ton of XP. My Wolfhound has a 4.0 crit mod, plus 1.15 for the mastery, and then the bonus of a tier III crit barrel which is something like +0.8 crit. Add all of that up and the Wolfhound's crit mod is 5.4.

The pistol does 404 damage per round, 16 round mag. I can dump the entire mag on a crystal's exposed point for 16(404*5.4) = 34,905.6 damage. I mean, I'm doing just shy of 2.2k damage per shot.

Oh, and that doesn't even include any damage boosts from abilities or perks. Do you see the potential?

You'll get a boatload of damage this way. Whenever I feel like going through the effort of topping the damage chart, which isn't very often anymore, I just roll Wolfhound and SAW and never stop firing. I usually come out ahead by a pretty huge point margin when I do this.

Only the n00bs spam AoE because, I assume, they haven't figured out what's so special about pistols yet (crit mod).

My wolfhound came with a +4 mag bonus and I ended up tossing a +12 mag onto it. First major arkfall with it I scored about 3.2 mil damage. Best time of my life

Orbital
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Assault rifle or Light machine gun for boss hits, an accurate 2ndary weapon like sniper rifle for side objectives like glands or the machine arm button thing-a-majigs

Conneri
05-01-2013, 12:41 PM
As others have said, Wolfhound pistols and soloing minors. Here's hoping my current will get the crit mastery.