PDA

View Full Version : Predator outfit and helmet, really?

Munx
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
So I see Predator outfit and helmet has been added to the bit store, I seriously have to question this decission, its a direct recolor of the most difficult outfit to obtain currently, why would you make the most difficult outfit to obtain less unique by adding the Predator outfit? If this outfit was added a few months down the road when the earnable one was "common" it would be acceptable, but that is clearly not the case.

I am fine with having re-colored armors in game, but not every god damn outfit that is earnable should have a bit store counter part, especially not one the hardest one to obtain.

Don't get me wrong, I could easily afford to buy this outfit out of the bitstore, however I prefer to earn my outfits, and I expect that dedication to be "obvious" when I do earn it.

The best way to have handled this would have been to only unlock the other predator outfits for purchase after you have unlocked the Ark Predator (Ego Evolution).

Lasdor
04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Having the Predator one will always look better than the one you buy, because it will show everybody you actually put time and effort getting that. So, anybody can go and buy it in the shop, but how many will have patience to go and EARN it in game?

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Having the Predator one will always look better than the one you buy, because it will show everybody you actually put time and effort getting that. So, anybody can go and buy it in the shop, but how many will have patience to go and EARN it in game?

I agree I saw someone wearing the store one and it was ...Meh. If I see the pursuit one ill be impressed. Over halfway to getting it myself :)

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
The EGO Evolution pursuit is time consuming, not difficult. Given enough time everyone who does play all types of content will own the suit.
And the one in the store looks a lot nicer. : o

TRAP
04-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Well I purchased it cuz I like it better but im only 13,000 kills away from the pursuit one so no big deal really. I guess I will have 2 colours to sport.

Munx
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Its difficult in that its time consuming ;) It takes dedication.

And yeah it dosnt help that the bit store version has a far more detailed skin.

Like I said before I would be ok with other predator outfit being added to bitstore after Ark Predator has become somewhat common, but its months away from being common, I've yet to see a single person using it, and realisticly no one should've been able to earn it yet without spamming contracts pre-fix.

Edit: Trap, you got your pursuits mixed up.

PeterPolaski
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Why would you spend $15 on an outfit thats earnable just colored different?(I call that getting swindled n pimped. lol). I'm just wondering; I actually had a good laugh looking through the bit store.

Remag Div
04-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Haha, now casuals can look like you no-lifer...

TRAP
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Why would you spend $15 on an outfit thats earnable just colored different?(I call that getting swindled n pimped. lol). I'm just wondering; I actually had a good laugh looking through the bit store.

Wait what I do with my money is my buisness. I'm not asking you why aren't you buying it. You don't have to buy it and neither did I but I wanted to so I did.

PeterPolaski
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Pen15 envy? Google it ;)

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
no one should've been able to earn it yet without spamming contracts pre-fix

They didn't get their reputation removed?

Anyway, I really have to toy with the idea of buying the outfit, but Peter points out the reason why I didn't even consider getting any of the other ones ... it just does look better than the pursuit one even if you'd account for the choice of colors alone.

***** envy? Google it ;)

Comes up with nothing useful if I copy/paste that. : o

Quilliam
04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Can someone posta pic of it vs other color? Thanks!

PeterPolaski
04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Wait what I do with my money is my buisness. I'm not asking you why aren't you buying it. You don't have to buy it and neither did I but I wanted to so I did.

That's what I was asking bud. If you read my post it said I was really just wondering. No hostility meant :)

Munx
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Doing pursuits makes you a no-lifer? If anything this is more negative for casuals then "no-lifers" as it will take them even longer to earn ark predator.

Also with a signature like that I'd be more careful about throwing around pety insults if I were you.

TRAP
04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
That's what I was asking bud. If you read my post it said I was really just wondering. No hostility meant :)

Oh ok lol my bad I took what you were saying in another way. :)

Cutlass Jack
04-30-2013, 05:45 PM

For some people time is more valuable to them than money. For others, the reverse is true. Pick the path that works for you.

Personally I'm not interested in that outfit, if it were, I'd be more inclined to buy it than go for the pursuit version. Mainly because I'd get to enjoy that look the entire time I played, and not after completing the hardest pursuit in the game. Because after that point you've probably done most things or are too burned out to properly enjoy it.

At least thats how I look at it. But I have no issue whatsoever with Outfits exlusive to one method or the other. More stuff is always good.

TRAP
04-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Its difficult in that its time consuming ;) It takes dedication.

And yeah it dosnt help that the bit store version has a far more detailed skin.

Like I said before I would be ok with other predator outfit being added to bitstore after Ark Predator has become somewhat common, but its months away from being common, I've yet to see a single person using it, and realisticly no one should've been able to earn it yet without spamming contracts pre-fix.

Edit: Trap, you got your pursuits mixed up.

Isn't the Ark Predator suit the one where you gotta get 50,000 kills 5000 kills that other people put damage on aswell and a few other things? I would check now but I can't connect to Trion's amazing servers they have.

TRAP
04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
For some people time is more valuable to them than money. For others, the reverse is true. Pick the path that works for you.

Personally I'm not interested in that outfit, if it were, I'd be more inclined to buy it than go for the pursuit version. Mainly because I'd get to enjoy that look the entire time I played, and not after completing the hardest pursuit in the game. Because after that point you've probably done most things or are too burned out to properly enjoy it.

At least thats how I look at it. But I have no issue whatsoever with Outfits exlusive to one method or the other. More stuff is always good.

I actually don't really care too much for the pursuit outfit like you it's the +40 EGO im after.

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Isn't the Ark Predator suit the one where you gotta get 50,000 kills 5000 kills that other people put damage on aswell and a few other things? I would check now but I can't connect to Trion's amazing servers they have.

No thats the Ark Infiltrator. This one requires an Ego of 4000, fully upgrade, 80 perks Reach trusted status with all factions and have orange items in all slots.

Space_Monky
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM

that's the Collective Infiltrator.
it's not that hard to get. i have it already and did it legit... or you can exploit it very easily...

MagellanD
04-30-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm addicted to outfits. I'm the type to earn and buy the two different ones.

It's my own little sin I know.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 05:53 PM
By the way, how did no one mention the E-Rep Spy outfit yet? Or did I miss the outfit and any post about it until now?

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 05:54 PM
it's not that hard to get. i have it already and did it legit... or you can exploit it very easily...

Ah yeah wasent 100% on the name. Thought about grinding the rest only need about 7000 more but ill just get it with in time.

TheRealTFreezy

Id buy it because it looks good and i want to give money to trion. I see potential in this game and I love it so i want to invest in it so trion can really take it places. Its more of a donation than an actual purchase in my eyes.

TRAP

Ah ok cool and lol then I have no idea what suit their talking about. But I know I can just go and do the Hell bug rammpage but I can't be bothered I get bored after 2 or 3 rounds of that. I will eventually get it there's no rush really atleast for me anyway.

Cutlass Jack
04-30-2013, 05:55 PM
By the way, how did no one mention the E-Rep Spy outfit yet? Or did I miss the outfit and any post about it until now?

Its also the cheapest outfit on the shop. Only like 250 bits. Its priced like a helmet.

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Its also the cheapest outfit on the shop. Only like 250 bits. Its priced like a helmet.

Really? I didnt notice that I hope they lower prices in the store a little bit.

TRAP
04-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Really? I didnt notice that I hope they lower prices in the store a little bit.

I'm sure they will once season 2 comes out.

EdgeTW
04-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but that predator outfit on the store is not the complete set. It's the helm from one set and the body armor from another. They're different colors, and look goofy together.

The Defiance team doesn't seem to be in the habit of releasing a matching helmet and armor from a set on the same date. They just finally put up the SPD helmet today after having the SPD armor in the store a month ago. I suspect this is to force interested parties in spending money on pieces that aren't part of the same set to create some sort of temporary look to get by on.

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm sure they will once season 2 comes out.

Yeah lets hope so :)

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but that predator outfit on the store is not the complete set. It's the helm from one set and the body armor from another. They're different colors, and look goofy together.

I noticed ... was logging in and out of the game to figure out whats up and was going back and forth between the two wondering if there's something wrong with me. Now I know not to worry, thanks. :>

Space_Monky
04-30-2013, 08:36 PM

yes, yes they do.

Remag Div
04-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Would it kill Trion to include new things they added in the patch notes? lol

eridian
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM

how do you exploit it? the kills i can get easily enough, already got 25k. but is there a faster way for the kill steals?

Cutlass Jack
04-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Would it kill Trion to include new things they added in the patch notes? lol

That would requiring them actually having patch notes today. :p

Space_Monky
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
how do you exploit it? the kills i can get easily enough, already got 25k. but is there a faster way for the kill steals?

here you go: enjoy (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?44635-Kill-5000-enemies-that-were-also-damaged-by-another-player-NA-grinder-needed)