PDA

View Full Version : ***Hellbug Hat and Red Ark Infiltrator Suit***

Myll_Erik
04-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Howdy Folks!

We did a lot of work today to get these items back to you folks that purchased Season Pass and or CE/UE.

Please log in and check the in-game store to claim your items!

If you didn't get them - please wait a day or so before putting in a support ticket to claim them!

Arcuatio
04-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Very cool! Thanks!

I did receive 'another' hellbug hat but not the outfit yet.
Hopefully tomorrow it will be in my claim items tab. :)

** Relogged and received items **

JustinM19
04-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Howdy Folks!

We did a lot of work today to get these items back to you folks that purchased Season Pass and or CE/UE.

If you didn't get them - please wait a day or so before putting in a support ticket to claim them!

Thanks I love the red suit! :)

ThanatosPa
04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
does this mean the servers are working again?

Azumi RM
04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
I hope this is not one of the 5 DLC's that come with the season pass.

nathanpbutler
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Hmm. Inflitrator, but no hat, unless the hat has a new name. Does it?

HardLuck
04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I also got a little over 400 hours of XP & Scrip Boost and 80 bits. Were these suppose to be there also??

EDITED: Corrected Reputation to Scrip and removed Group.

TheFlash
04-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who worked to correct this. Thank you for designing such cool armor. Thank you for giving us the promoted items on top of the accidental items and letting us keep both. Y'all rock! :)

IGears
04-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Yay! thanks :)

Xazur
04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I still don't have Red Ark Infiltrator outfit.

Dragos Drakkar
04-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Give it some time, and it should work. I got my armor a few hours before I got the hat back, and that was just when I got the armor, not when it originally showed up. I really have no idea how long I had the armor sitting there waiting for me to claim it.

Aporia
04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
My ark infiltrator suit was not in the in-game store and the one I originally received at release is still camouflage colored...

I did receivea hellbug cap in the in-game store though...???

EdgeTW
04-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Haven't received my Red Ark Infiltrator Suit yet for my digital deluxe pre-order and purchase.

Facade
04-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Haven't received my Red Ark Infiltrator Suit yet for my digital deluxe pre-order and purchase.

Same. I did receive the hat though. I have logged off and on about 3x during my play session as well.
However, while I'll wait till tomorrow to see if I receive it

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I got my hellbug cap back, and got the red armor as well, its called VBI Infiltrator, if you didnt get it yet just wait itll roll out eventually.

Koavu
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Still camo here too. I see people running around with red suites, so I checked my marketplace and found a +1 AR skill....that was it -.- Also wondering why they messed with outfits on the marketplace....Collective Predator was my favorite during beta, but for some reason they released it without the helm...Gah, minor things I know...but we're on week 4 with many issues still running rampant and no new content announcements...

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Got my suit yesterday and hat today just keep checking. Thanks to Trion for making this part right for the consumers

Conneri
05-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Got the VBI Infiltrator outfit today. I do appreciate having both the camo and red versions.

Zeliska
05-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Received the VBI Infiltrator suit and Hellbug Cap in the store last night. Thanks for letting us keep the camo suit as well.

Thanks for the fantastic customer service!

Auldrek
05-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I was extremely happy with this. Thank you everyone involved in getting this done especially Trion! They did the right thing. Now in a month we will all be back to the digital camo suits since that shows we were here from day one more than the Red. lol
But hey...I still love the Red! Thank you!

Runeo82
05-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Cheers, thanks for returning my cap!

Draaconis
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
The camo robot is very dead. Thanks for my red suit.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Still no red & black armor in my claim window.

Pasha
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Thank you very much! Though 30 days is a bit too much time to design single pixelsuit.

SAYAGO
05-01-2013, 11:07 AM
i got my hat back for that thank you but I still don't have my Red Ark Infiltrator outfit. still camo :(

chicksticker
05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
i got my hat back for that thank you but I still don't have my Red Ark Infiltrator outfit. still camo :(

Same here I got the Hat, weapon boosts, and a lockbox. But I didn't get my red suit or my red challenger yet!

Archangel
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Howdy Folks!

Thanks Lance, got them last night while chillin with you by that ammo crate in San Fran. also noticed your purchase outfit from the shop so of course i had to buy the same helm you had. Pretty cool

VonTreece
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition via the Xbox Live Marketplace a week or two ago and I have yet to receive the Red Ark Infiltrator suit. Are the fixes still in progress?

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure why they would suggest people wait a few days before putting a ticket in. I had to wait over a week, going back and forth with a ticket request just to get my missing "Badlands Drifter" title.

I put a ticket in now for this too. If the outfit shows up in my claims window before someone in support gets around to responding to the ticket, I'll close it. I would rather have roughly a 7 day cap on how much longer this silliness is going to drag out than wait a few more days before starting what will likely be a week-long adventure with customer support (as fun as that was, last time).

Jthreau
05-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Woo! I was starting to grow a bit tired of the outfit that I have been wearing for over two weeks now, so this red suit will help change things up for me.

Irres169
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Got mine, thank you.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I contacted chat support a little while ago and (after waiting through the queue) a GM added the missing suit to my account. So, this is where I put in my praises and criticisms.

First, a big thank you to GM Jinzoti, who literally got the suit into my account within 10 seconds of me saying "I'm missing the red and black suit from my digital deluxe purchase". S/he made the chat as painless as possible.

Also, I guess a thank you for allowing players to keep the brown digi-camo armor. While I was never a huge fan of it, I know some people preferred that over the red and black outfit that was originally advertised.

And.. that's about all the thanks I can manage. Because the truth is..

1) ..this problem could have been completely avoided for everyone had just one person at Trion taken a moment to test this prior to launch. It would not have required a whole lot of effort on your part go through the steps of obtaining the armor from the claims window and coming to the conclusion that it was the wrong suit.

2) ..it should not have taken a month to fix this. This is something that could and should have been corrected in hours. You have a lot of names on your list of in-game credits - that's a big team you have there. And I think you could have spared one qualified individual to tackle this problem sooner rather than later.

When you take people's money for an item like this, you need to deliver that item. Not in a week, not in a month, but immediately. That's how a transaction works. Had this been armor purchased through the Bit shop, customers would be livid if you took their money and then told them to wait a month for delivery. Not getting what you pay for = stress. People don't like paying for stress. Your studio needs to do a better job at understanding this.

3) ..your handling of this clusterfrag has gone a long way towards tanking my opinion of this game and team. If it takes your team a whole month to correct something as simple as this, what hope does the game have with the really big problems?

4) ..in the end, I had to go to chat support to get this fixed for me because "the fix" didn't even manage to fix it for everyone. UGH.

You have got to do better. Every time I look at that armor I will be thinking of the time I spent being annoyed by this, time spent posting forum comments asking where the missing outfit was, time wasted chasing after scraps of limited information, your teams inability to get this resolved in a reasonable amount of time, etc.

You started this thread by saying "We did a lot of work today to get these items back to you".. and, you know what? I did a lot of work to earn the $100+ I've spent on your game. I made the decision to buy the deluxe edition because I just wanted a cool outfit starting out, and that didn't even happen. Instead, I ended up spending more money in your Bit store to buy another overpriced suit just to hold me over in the meanwhile. So, I guess ultimately this has worked out a whole lot better for you than for me.

Pretty much what I'll be thinking every time someone says "thanks, Trion!". This will likely be viewed as a rant, which is a shame. Because it absolutely is justified disappointment. Do better, or (even better), do your best from now on. And I will try to do my best to let this crappy experience fade from memory.

Valethar
05-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I hope this is not one of the 5 DLC's that come with the season pass.

It is not. It's a fix for the Ark Infiltrator outfit being incorrectly colored, and the Hellbug cap that mysteriously morphed into a set of 'sweet shades' that are an exact clone of another headgear item.

Facade
05-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Still nothing

:/

*sees edges post*

Dammit please don't tell me I'm going to have to sit in a 4 hr que again for another DLC issue...

XGC Cipher
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
one gm gave me the run-around on this earlier to day i wont name them, but they BS'ed me after seeing this forum i contacted them again GM Treance was able to help me out

storminone
05-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Got the red suit today but no headgear to match it that I could see. I've seen people running around with red helmets and the armor. Is that an unlock or should it have been in claim items?

Era
05-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Why in the hell didn't this get a sticky? Who the hell checks the claim items of the game store on any regular basis?

And why the hell did I have a +1 AR skill in my claim items?

Clarkeh
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Got my Hellbug Cap will report back here when i get the red armour.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
And why the hell did I have a +1 AR skill in my claim items?

That appears to be the result of entering the contest, because it's treated like a code entry. There seems to be some kind of bug with additional codes (beyond the 120 needed to max the Akrhunter rewards) awarding a +1 AR skill.

Myll_Erik
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I contacted chat support a little while ago and (after waiting through the queue) a GM added the missing suit to my account. So, this is where I put in my praises and criticisms.

First, a big thank you to GM Jinzoti, who literally got the suit into my account within 10 seconds of me saying "I'm missing the red and black suit from my digital deluxe purchase". S/he made the chat as painless as possible.

Also, I guess a thank you for allowing players to keep the brown digi-camo armor. While I was never a huge fan of it, I know some people preferred that over the red and black outfit that was originally advertised.

And.. that's about all the thanks I can manage. Because the truth is..

1) ..this problem could have been completely avoided for everyone had just one person at Trion taken a moment to test this prior to launch. It would not have required a whole lot of effort on your part go through the steps of obtaining the armor from the claims window and coming to the conclusion that it was the wrong suit.

2) ..it should not have taken a month to fix this. This is something that could and should have been corrected in hours. You have a lot of names on your list of in-game credits - that's a big team you have there. And I think you could have spared one qualified individual to tackle this problem sooner rather than later.

When you take people's money for an item like this, you need to deliver that item. Not in a week, not in a month, but immediately. That's how a transaction works. Had this been armor purchased through the Bit shop, customers would be livid if you took their money and then told them to wait a month for delivery. Not getting what you pay for = stress. People don't like paying for stress. Your studio needs to do a better job at understanding this.

3) ..your handling of this clusterfrag has gone a long way towards tanking my opinion of this game and team. If it takes your team a whole month to correct something as simple as this, what hope does the game have with the really big problems?

4) ..in the end, I had to go to chat support to get this fixed for me because "the fix" didn't even manage to fix it for everyone. UGH.

You have got to do better. Every time I look at that armor I will be thinking of the time I spent being annoyed by this, time spent posting forum comments asking where the missing outfit was, time wasted chasing after scraps of limited information, your teams inability to get this resolved in a reasonable amount of time, etc.

You started this thread by saying "We did a lot of work today to get these items back to you".. and, you know what? I did a lot of work to earn the $100+ I've spent on your game. I made the decision to buy the deluxe edition because I just wanted a cool outfit starting out, and that didn't even happen. Instead, I ended up spending more money in your Bit store to buy another overpriced suit just to hold me over in the meanwhile. So, I guess ultimately this has worked out a whole lot better for you than for me.

Pretty much what I'll be thinking every time someone says "thanks, Trion!". This will likely be viewed as a rant, which is a shame. Because it absolutely is justified disappointment. Do better, or (even better), do your best from now on. And I will try to do my best to let this crappy experience fade from memory.

Howdy -

Totally understand your thoughts here but let me elaborate a little bit

1) It was tested multiple times. Somewhere between our live game client and our internal game client something happened and had to be corrected. As much as we would like this to be a simple fix - sadly it was not.

2) See above - this was not a quick fix even though it looks like it should be.

3) We messaged what we could and we apologize if you felt like it wasn't enough. We have actually been focusing the majority of the team of issues that have thus far (a month in to the game) resulted in near daily server updates, changes, and fixes. This has improved stability on all platforms greatly. Sure - had the majority of the team focused on fixing a cosmetic item it could have been done quicker - but the server and crash issues took priority. Hope you understand.

4) Apologies - we tried to get everyone in one day that was missing items and some people (for various reasons) were missed.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
3) We messaged what we could and we apologize if you felt like it wasn't enough. We have actually been focusing the majority of the team of issues that have thus far (a month in to the game) resulted in near daily server updates, changes, and fixes. This has improved stability on all platforms greatly. Sure - had the majority of the team focused on fixing a cosmetic item it could have been done quicker - but the server and crash issues took priority. Hope you understand.

I really do just want to put the outfit mess behind me and not be annoyed by it any further, but I do want to comment on this.

Are the members on your team responsible for fixing the armor mix-up really the same individuals fixing server crash issues?

Because, I look at your game's credits and you have a pretty big team. And developers are very fond of using the "we have lots of different members working on lots of different things" defense whenever players question why they're working on X instead of Y (example, working on DLC instead of security fixes).

But now, you seem to be using the exact opposite argument as a reason for why this took so long to fix, and so.. no.. I don't really understand. I do understand how priorities work, but I don't understand how a studio the size of Trion can not be working on server and crash issues AND cosmetic armor deployment at the same time. If you are really that limited in manpower, that's a bad sign for this project.

Appreciate the time spent responding all the same as (honestly) I wasn't expecting or fishing for one. I don't think you guys are dragging your feet or goofing off by any stretch of the imagination, but something seems to be really slowing things down to a crawl over there.

1) It was tested multiple times. Somewhere between our live game client and our internal game client something happened and had to be corrected. As much as we would like this to be a simple fix - sadly it was not.

Also, during a pre-launch live stream you guys were trying to show us the Ark Infiltrator CE/UE armor set ( http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=378138791 - timestamp 3:40:45 ) and what came up (under the name "Ark Infiltrator") was the very same brown digi-camo armor we got stuck with at launch.

I believe somebody even spent time during the stream (I think it was you, actually) trying to find the red and black armor for the viewers, but never could. So, it's difficult to believe there wasn't at least a hint at that point that something was mixed up with the armor set.. prior to launch.

Buruko
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I really do just want to put the outfit mess behind me and not be annoyed by it any further, but I do want to comment on this.

Are the members on your team responsible for fixing the armor mix-up really the same individuals fixing server crash issues?

Because, I look at your game's credits and you have a pretty big team. And developers are very fond of using the "we have lots of different members working on lots of different things" defense whenever players question why they're working on X instead of Y (example, working on DLC instead of security fixes).

But now, you seem to be using the exact opposite argument as a reason for why this took so long to fix, and so.. no.. I don't really understand. I do understand how priorities work, but I don't understand how a studio the size of Trion can not be working on server and crash issues AND cosmetic armor deployment at the same time. If you are really that limited in manpower, that's a bad sign for this project.

Appreciate the time spent responding all the same as (honestly) I wasn't expecting or fishing for one.

Dude, read for comprehension. He stated that this was not a high priority issue considering that there were other priorities more pressing: server stability, client issues, bug fixes, etc. He also stated this was not a simple fix, not as they had wished it was.

So you have to divide your team into groups to tackle projects, you devote the majority to issues effecting the entire game, then you assign who you can to handle specific issues for a limited group (CE/UE customers) and hope that it doesn't end up being a massive issue. Which it sounds like it was.

Now the fact they are giving us armor to claim means we most likely will have two suits of armor, not confirmed yet, but likely. Which means it wasn't as easy as swapping a graphic or even a lil'server side update.

I mean you've got your fix, possibly two sets of armor, and your now complaining it didn't come fast enough? If you need a cause to rage on I can point you to the 'blue ark hunter' armor thread where some guy wants a 3rd set in blue of the stuff.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Dude, read for comprehension. He stated that this was not a high priority issue considering that there were other priorities more pressing: server stability, client issues, bug fixes, etc. He also stated this was not a simple fix, not as they had wished it was.

So you have to divide your team into groups to tackle projects, you devote the majority to issues effecting the entire game, then you assign who you can to handle specific issues for a limited group (CE/UE customers) and hope that it doesn't end up being a massive issue. Which it sounds like it was.

Now the fact they are giving us armor to claim means we most likely will have two suits of armor, not confirmed yet, but likely. Which means it wasn't as easy as swapping a graphic or even a lil'server side update.

I mean you've got your fix, possibly two sets of armor, and your now complaining it didn't come fast enough? If you need a cause to rage on I can point you to the 'blue ark hunter' armor thread where some guy wants a 3rd set in blue of the stuff.

You completely missed the point of my post (and appear not to be reading very carefully either), but that's alright. I'm not interested in dragging this out, so we can just disagree and leave it at that.

Raz_
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM
4) Apologies - we tried to get everyone in one day that was missing items and some people (for various reasons) were missed.

can those of us that got missed still expect the suit to show up or should we put in a ticket

because i got the cap back, but no sign of the suit

SAYAGO
05-02-2013, 11:45 AM

well I was hoping that after patch 1.013 that maybe I would get my red suit but no, that would of made my day. :(

Ps: in case this helps i'm on ps3, user name SAYAGO

Facade
05-02-2013, 11:48 AM
well I was hoping that after patch 1.013 that maybe I would get my red suit but no, that would of made my day. :(

I'm assuming I'm probably going to have to contact support as well then. I figured I'd give it a few days but your post didn't leave me with much hope.

Kinda funny I guess, I had to go to support to get my pre-order stuff and now I have to go back to support again so that they can fix my pre-order stuff that I had to contact them about in the first place.

SAYAGO
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm assuming I'm probably going to have to contact support as well then. I figured I'd give it a few days but your post didn't leave me with much hope.

Kinda funny I guess, I had to go to support to get my pre-order stuff and now I have to go back to support again so that they can fix my pre-order stuff that I had to contact them about in the first place.

can you please tell me how would I go about contacting the ps3 support?

Chaos 915
05-02-2013, 12:35 PM
I finally got my red and black ark infiltrator suit and helmet after downloading the patch and logging on.

Facade
05-02-2013, 12:45 PM
can you please tell me how would I go about contacting the ps3 support?

It's not really PS3 support, just the live chat from the Trion homepage.

Viryu
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Ehh, I'm kinda disappointed in myself. I was posting so often how I'd like the red one, but after I got it, I didn't really like it in the end. Harmony Preacher still looks better on females.

SAYAGO
05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
It's not really PS3 support, just the live chat from the Trion homepage.

thank you, I found it waiting to get in... I got in, it only took about 30 mins or so but the GM Aerrik helped me fast. Aerrik said that the NA servers were taken down to fix some issues from the 1.013 patch. I can't wait for them to come back up. thank you trion! :)

Telemachus
05-03-2013, 05:28 AM
can those of us that got missed still expect the suit to show up or should we put in a ticket

because i got the cap back, but no sign of the suit

Same thing here, still waiting for the damn red suit, , got the cap that I don't care about..

Time to do a report ?

bRYANDBEAR
05-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I got my blasted hat but no red suit when can we expect it

Vandenreich
05-03-2013, 10:56 AM
So I upgraded from the standard version to digital deluxe @steam and was promised a RED ark infiltrator. I'm reading so much about pre order that i'm confused if i'm getting a red one or just the people who ordered? Cause that would be false advertising.

EdgeTW
05-03-2013, 11:57 AM
So I upgraded from the standard version to digital deluxe @steam and was promised a RED ark infiltrator. I'm reading so much about pre order that i'm confused if i'm getting a red one or just the people who ordered? Cause that would be false advertising.

The red ark infiltrator suit has nothing to do with pre-orders. It's a bonus for purchasing/upgrading to the digital deluxe edition (same applies to purchasing the physical collectors/ultra editions).

Raz_
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
well, since i have yet to get the suit i decided to put in a ticket the other day...so far all i have gotten is a generic reply to apologize for the long responce time...lets see how this works out in the end and how long its going to take

edit: lable me surprised, just got a 2nd ticket reply and the suit got added to my account

if anyones still missing it i strongly suggest putting in a ticket