PDA

View Full Version : Beta download keeps restarting itself.

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Everytime i try to download the beta it restarts itself and then downloads at .01mb or 0.00mb. It already got almost completely dont twice now and just restarts itself.

Halcyon
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Everytime i try to download the beta it restarts itself and then downloads at .01mb or 0.00mb. It already got almost completely dont twice now and just restarts itself.

I haven't seen the fix to the issue, but it could be administrative issues or a file location problem. I think when it finishes downloading, it moves the files back a directory. I don't know but you could restart your pc and try a different directory or something. You should also make sure you are admin on your PC. If anyone else knows a fix feel free to help.

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:26 PM
I haven't seen the fix to the issue, but it could be administrative issues or a file location problem. I think when it finishes downloading, it moves the files back a directory. I don't know but you could restart your pc and try a different directory or something. You should also make sure you are admin on your PC. If anyone else knows a fix feel free to help.

I know for sure im the admin.. Ill try the restart idea.

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Nothing changed.

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Are you using a firewall or virus-shield? If so try either disabling them temporarily until the connection is made, or adding rules to allow the download through. See if it helps any.

(Especially check Windows Firewall... it can kind of be stingy at times.)

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Are you using a firewall or virus-shield? If so try either disabling them temporarily until the connection is made, or adding rules to allow the download through. See if it helps any.

(Especially check Windows Firewall... it can kind of be stingy at times.)

I turned all of it off with no avail..

Zeroexit
03-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I was having conflict with Kaspersky. I know the above poster mentions firewalls and AV.

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I was having conflict with Kaspersky. I know the above poster mentions firewalls and AV.

Yea i dont run that.. thanks though

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I turned all of it off with no avail..

Is it a direct-cable connection or a wireless? If wireless, perhaps try doing a "repair" on the connection in case it's not too strong?

Another good way to test signal strength, do a Google search on "Internet Speed Test"; I sometimes use the one by Cnet. It'll test your throughput speed to see if it might be a hokey connection. If there's nothing wrong there, I might suggest a trace-route, but it sounds like you're hardly getting much of a connection to the download to begin with. :confused:

mabe666
03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Is it a direct-cable connection or a wireless? If wireless, perhaps try doing a "repair" on the connection in case it's not too strong?

Another good way to test signal strength, do a Google search on "Internet Speed Test"; I sometimes use the one by Cnet. It'll test your throughput speed to see if it might be a hokey connection. If there's nothing wrong there, I might suggest a trace-route, but it sounds like you're hardly getting much of a connection to the download to begin with. :confused:

I tested the speed and it was lightning fast.. No idea whats going on.

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
I tested the speed and it was lightning fast.. No idea whats going on.

Perhaps try contacting Trion Support I suppose. :(

Aliyah
03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
We had massive issues with downloading the beta yesterday, in the end letting it run and going about your day finally did the trick for one of my roommates. It took quite a while and the download restarted itself around 20ish times but it then picks up where it stopped and every time he got a little more downloaded until it finally finished. 6 or 7 hours of total time.. and yes we have a very fast connection it was a little sad.

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Oh man, wth is with this patcher. My download seemed to be going fine, said it had just a bit over an hour left. I decided that maybe I'd disable Avast virusscan just in case maybe it could go faster. As SOON as I disabled the virusscan, the patcher bar reloaded (like it does when you first start), and it looks like it started OVER again now with 6-7 hours or so to go at 400-500k/sec... about the same speed I was getting earlier. *facepalm*