PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this right about the dlc season pass..

KOLZ
04-30-2013, 11:32 PM
First know this. I am not trying to bash the game since I am enjoying the game it's self very much and played it daily since getting it but this bit of new has just ruined my night right now.

So it's rather pointless to even bother buying it since the dlc content is basically gonna free for everyone. Except the SP people will get another character that really won't be worth making over since there is no major need to make alts in this game and some vehicle skin that clearly won't be worth 40 dollars no matter how cool it looks. I clearly don't see the point of buying a season pass if everyone else is gonna get the major content like missions and dungeons (whatever else) for free. I am sure there will be some other minor things that will only be in the SP but I still highly doubt anything will be worth 40 dollars since the importance of any content is exactly that the content and if that is given away for free I am not exactly seeing my self buying a SP for a big price of 40 dollars if I can still do the same dungeons/missions for free.

Sirus
04-30-2013, 11:54 PM
First know this. I am not trying to bash the game since I am enjoying the game it's self very much and played it daily since getting it but this bit of new has just ruined my night right now.

So it's rather pointless to even bother buying it since the dlc content is basically gonna free for everyone. Except the SP people will get another character that really won't be worth making over since there is no major need to make alts in this game and some vehicle skin that clearly won't be worth 40 dollars no matter how cool it looks. I clearly don't see the point of buying a season pass if everyone else is gonna get the major content like missions and dungeons (whatever else) for free. I am sure there will be some other minor things that will only be in the SP but I still highly doubt anything will be worth 40 dollars since the importance of any content is exactly that the content and if that is given away for free I am not exactly seeing my self buying a SP for a big price of 40 dollars if I can still do the same dungeons/missions for free.

Trion has stated yes you will get the areas for free so you can still play with your friends however any and all new gear and weapons from the new areas will only be available to SP holders or those who buy the expansion packs individualy. So yes if you don't mind not being able to use any new gear or weapons then by all means don't buy the expansions. Hope this helped clear things up alittle, take care and good look.

KOLZ
04-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Trion has stated yes you will get the areas for free so you can still play with your friends however any and all new gear and weapons from the new areas will only be available to SP holders or those who buy the expansion packs individualy. So yes if you don't mind not being able to use any new gear or weapons then by all means don't buy the expansions. Hope this helped clear things up alittle, take care and good look.

Hmm..I saw in another thread that the free people still will be able to do the new content..So they get to do the new content but not have the gear? Doesn't make much sense thinking like that and how can they do the new content if they don't got the proper gear for it? I just want to be sure I am getting my money's worth instead of just some minor things like skins, hats, and other minor stuff. Now new gear and missions are different but they have to be for SP people only for me to buy it.

MacDeath
05-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Hmm..I saw in another thread that the free people still will be able to do the new content..So they get to do the new content but not have the gear? Doesn't make much sense thinking like that and how can they do the new content if they don't got the proper gear for it? I just want to be sure I am getting my money's worth instead of just some minor things like skins, hats, and other minor stuff. Now new gear and missions are different but they have to be for SP people only for me to buy it.
Content is the triksy word here. Perhaps a DLC consists of a new part of the map being opened AND a new mission to do there, along with a new outfit, title, vehicle, etc. People who haven't paid for the DLC will still be able to go to that new part of the map. They will not get the items, title, etc. In all likelyhood they won't get the mission unlocked. So, you decide which 'content' is important to you. If it's just the map, save the money. If you want the other stuff too, pay up.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Content is the triksy word here. Perhaps a DLC consists of a new part of the map being opened AND a new mission to do there, along with a new outfit, title, vehicle, etc. People who haven't paid for the DLC will still be able to go to that new part of the map. They will not get the items, title, etc. In all likelyhood they won't get the mission unlocked. So, you decide which 'content' is important to you. If it's just the map, save the money. If you want the other stuff too, pay up.

From comments I saw in other threads people have access to the new missions according to a blog which I need to find. Long as the stuff I get is different and more important than skins or hats I will gladly buy the SP but it has to be more than minor content while everyone gets the good stuff like weapons and new missions for free.

Defy
05-01-2013, 12:28 AM
depends if you also want the new weapons and stuff

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 12:31 AM
depends if you also want the new weapons and stuff

heh, of course I do. That's why we all play mmo's for. ;) But I wanna be sure it's only the paid for people getting them and not everyone since 40 dollars is a lot for a SP.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Well technically, everybody gets the missions paid or free. But paid gets you new weapons vehicle/skins assumably, and new playable race. Who knows whatelse, but as of now thats all theyve announced

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 12:50 AM
No offence but if all you are getting is new weapons, cars, skins, race to play it seems very steep / pointless getting the season pass.they would have to give you all this each DLC and more to make it seem worth while in my books.

As they have said you will be able to play the missions in new areas so they would have to be completable with current weapons and so on.

seems like bad deal to pay $$ for new weapons, skin changes and new race to play.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 12:57 AM
No offence but if all you are getting is new weapons, cars, skins, race to play it seems very steep / pointless getting the season pass.they would have to give you all this each DLC and more to make it seem worth while in my books.

As they have said you will be able to play the missions in new areas so they would have to be completable with current weapons and so on.

seems like bad deal to pay $$ for new weapons, skin changes and new race to play.

Exactly my thoughts. And another race doesn't interest me much at all since making an alt is pretty much pointless at the moment since you can have all the gear and perks on one character. Which is a bad design to be honest.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Exactly my thoughts. And another race doesn't interest me much at all since making an alt is pretty much pointless at the moment since you can have all the gear and perks on one character. Which is a bad design to be honest.

could not agree more. its the age old thing damned if they did and damned if they didnt.
they should have made class style race to be honest or classes within the races.
I can live without a few weapons and new cars skins and so on for the money they are asking.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:07 AM
could not agree more. its the age old thing damned if they did and damned if they didnt.
they should have made class style race to be honest or classes within the races.
I can live without a few weapons and new cars skins and so on for the money they are asking.

lol yeah same here. They should have made the characters like any mmo in general. Each class having their own specific attacks and uses through out the game. Gw2 has the concept you play the way you want but still you have a major different between mesmers and theifs. I know this isn't gw2 before anyone starts that and don't expect it to be but usually in mmo's characters have major differences that make making alts useful. I am probably gonna hold the 3200 points on my xbox until there is some actual word on what's the major difference. I was gonna get it right away but II will hold out which I hate to do because there is always so much more other things to get and I don't wanna blow 3200 points and have to get another sp.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 01:09 AM
lol yeah same here. They should have made the characters like any mmo in general. Each class having their own specific attacks and uses through out the game. Gw2 has the concept you play the way you want but still you have a major different between mesmers and theifs. I know this isn't gw2 before anyone starts that and don't expect it to be but usually in mmo's characters have major differences that make making alts useful. I am probably gonna hold the 3200 points on my xbox until there is some actual word on what's the major difference. I was gonna get it right away but II will hold out which I hate to do because there is always so much more other things to get and I don't wanna blow 3200 points and have to get another sp.

I am with you untill they tell us a major difference or something deem worth while i wont be getting it.
feel sorry for those that bought the Ultimate editions they had to wait for ages to get them and then getting shafted like this is bad.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Two thoughts on this...

First who spends that much money on a Season Pass before they know what they are actually going to get.

Second for those UE owners who got a free Season Pass there's nothing to worry about, content will come when it does and it technically ain't cost you a thing.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:12 AM
I am with you untill they tell us a major difference or something deem worth while i wont be getting it.

lol this honestly ruined my game night for the moment. I was gonna get on a while back but got caught up in this to see if anyone would have more detail on it. I will definitely not pay 40 dollars for a damn hat and car skin while everyone else can do all of the same content.

Two thoughts on this...

First who spends that much money on a Season Pass before they know what they are actually going to get.

Second for those UE owners who got a free Season Pass there's nothing to worry about, content will come when it does and it technically ain't cost you a thing.

Well people usually do know what they are gonna get if they bothered reading descriptions. But this turns out to different with the company giving the same content free so the rest of us is wondering what's the point of a 40 dollar sp then.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Two thoughts on this...

1. totally agree with you who buys anything without looking into it.
2. they paid for UE which cost a hell of a lot more then normal edition that was the point of the price difference so they have already paid for it.
if everyone gets access to the new arears they paid a lot just to get new car and or skin,which most of which if you save scrip in game you can buy it.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 01:22 AM
1. totally agree with you who buys anything without looking into it.
2. they paid for UE which cost a hell of a lot more then normal edition that was the point of the price difference so they have already paid for it.
if everyone gets access to the new arears they paid a lot just to get new car and or skin,which most of which if you save scrip in game you can buy it.

Actually as a UK gamer the UE cost me virtually nothing. It's a 40 game and I paid 62 for it. For the extra 22 I got a Season Pass worth 27.31 (3200mps), an Art Book, a Physical Messenger Bag, a Physical Hell Bug Statue, Sountrack and a shed load of DLC.

...so as I said in the grand scheme of things the Season Pass cost me nowt as I got all that extra stuff for 22!

Again people who buy Season Passes BEFORE content is announced / detailed / reviewed are morons. It sends the wrong signals to developers that its OK to pull stunts like this and to negate on what may or may not have been rumoured / promised.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Like I said, there is always a description on what people get with a sp. People just need to learn how to read them. It's not like There is a sp out there that says absolutely nothing and just ask for a price. But with the idea of everyone else getting the same content makes things different.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Like I said, there is always a description on what people get with a sp. People just need to learn how to read them. It's not like There is a sp out there that says absolutely nothing and just ask for a price. But with the idea of everyone else getting the same content makes things different.

Sorry but there is a difference between a description and a "brief overview". One details EXACTLY what you get while the other leaves enough wriggle room for the developer to change their mind and negate on things while the customer has little to no information and so makes up what THEY think the description means.

This is what appears on XBOX LIVE

Join the fight and save big on 5 DLC packs with the Defiance™ Season Pass. Enjoy a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards – plus a bonus Hellbug hat and Lock Box – for one low price. This is the ultimate package for the true Ark Hunter!

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Sorry but there is a difference between a description and a "brief overview". One details EXACTLY what you get while the other leaves enough wriggle room for the developer to change their mind and negate on things while the customer has little to no information and so makes up what THEY think the description means.

This is what appears on XBOX LIVE

Join the fight and save big on 5 DLC packs with the Defiance™ Season Pass. Enjoy a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards – plus a bonus Hellbug hat and Lock Box – for one low price. This is the ultimate package for the true Ark Hunter!

Yeah and that's what you get, 5 dlc's and that's exactly why people buy sp to begin with. yes it's nice to have those extra things but the main stuff is the maps or content such as for Borderlands. They don't need to give a 500 page essay on what is gonna be in each pack to understand you get 5 content packs.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Im trying to find the page/source right now. I know it was from one of Nathan Richardsons blogs, so it came from the man himself. He clearly said the free part included features and content and that everyone, free or paid would be able to play the missions because they dont want to segregate the player base from taking part with each other. And the paid content would essentially be new weapons/vehicles/and a new playable race. They havent said much else. And notice that they have been very clever by not adding the fact that there are free versions anywhere the season pass is advertised for sale. they dont want you to know. I already have mine and enjoy this game a WHOLE lot. But for ppl thinking about it, id recommend waiting till they officially announce what the paid versions get you.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Actually as a UK gamer the UE cost me virtually nothing. It's a 40 game and I paid 62 for it. For the extra 22 I got a Season Pass worth 27.31 (3200mps), an Art Book, a Physical Messenger Bag, a Physical Hell Bug Statue, Sountrack and a shed load of DLC.

...so as I said in the grand scheme of things the Season Pass cost me nowt as I got all that extra stuff for 22!

Again people who buy Season Passes BEFORE content is announced / detailed / reviewed are morons. It sends the wrong signals to developers that its OK to pull stunts like this and to negate on what may or may not have been rumoured / promised.

you still paid extra for those few items.
the games industry is getting away with even worse dlc on all games all the time. COD, BF3 all cons at the time sounds like good deal but its the true gamers who get bummed outbecause the idiots and kids buy into dlc and bad games from start.
I am not saying this is a bad game just before I possibly get the dlc / season pass I want them to confirm something good is awaiting those that purchase it.

I do not want to pay 30 for some hats, skins and rubbish that basically could be purchased by earning scrip.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Im trying to find the page/source right now. I know it was from one of Nathan Richardsons blogs, so it came from the man himself. He clearly said the free part included features and content and that everyone, free or paid would be able to play the missions because they dont want to segregate the player base from taking part with each other. And the paid content would essentially be new weapons/vehicles/and a new playable race. They havent said much else. And notice that they have been very clever by not adding the fact that there are free versions anywhere the season pass is advertised for sale. they dont want you to know. I already have mine and enjoy this game a WHOLE lot. But for ppl thinking about it, id recommend waiting till they officially announce what the paid versions get you.

Unless there is ton of damn new weapons (I am talking in the hundreds of each dlc pack or Borderlands amount of weapons) then it still won't be worth no 40 dollars. And I really don't get this idea about not wanting to keep people separated. First it's their own damn fault for no getting the cheap dlc and then why should we be the ones that suffer by paying a huge price because of that fact? And then if that is true then does that mean they can just easily go in to any high end dungeon with old weapons instead of newer and better weapons and have the entire team whiped because they are lacking the proper stats? Or do they get the same stats on their weapons and we just get a different looking gun? That kind of stuff really won't go over too well.

BunkeredSphinx, the cod hate thing might be the in thing for most people but they don't even pull trash out like this by charging a huge fee on their passes and then let everyone else play the new content and maps for no charge, lol. This would be the worse scam I seen, ever lol.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 01:42 AM
you still paid extra for those few items.
the games industry is getting away with even worse dlc on all games all the time. COD, BF3 all cons at the time sounds like good deal but its the true gamers who get bummed outbecause the idiots and kids buy into dlc and bad games from start.
I am not saying this is a bad game just before I possibly get the dlc / season pass I want them to confirm something good is awaiting those that purchase it.

I do not want to pay 30 for some hats, skins and rubbish that basically could be purchased by earning scrip.

Then don't, wait until the DLC gets released. The price will not change so you don't loose anything by waiting for the first pack to drop.

At least then you can see what Pack 1 actually contains and then decide if it is really worth 30 for 4 more of them.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Then don't, wait until the DLC gets released. The price will not change so you don't loose anything by waiting for the first pack to drop.

At least then you can see what Pack 1 actually contains and then decide if it is really worth 30 for 4 more of them. if they are saying everone gets access to the area and you are only getting skins, weapons and a new race its not worth it at all.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 02:03 AM
if they are saying everone gets access to the area and you are only getting skins, weapons and a new race its not worth it at all.

lol exactly and with a huge price tag like that it's a total scam. far worth than cod or bf. At least they come with a good amount of content in each pack and don't pull this. Which is why I say they really need to have a bigger talk about this asap.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 02:05 AM
lol exactly and with a huge price tag like that it's a total scam. far worth than cod or bf. At least they come with a good amount of content in each pack and don't pull this. Which is why I say they really need to have a bigger talk about this asap.

Not really, as like I said if you bought the UE its a mute point as you have barely paid a fraction of its actual value and if you don't have it just wait until you know exactly what pack 1 contains.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Not really, as like I said if you bought the UE its a mute point as you have barely paid a fraction of its actual value and if you don't have it just wait until you know exactly what pack 1 contains.

Yeah I was lucky to get the standard game with the SP points that I will clearly be holding on to until further notice on this. Loving the game so far and I haven't even got in to the dungeons yet so that's a good sign and will easily buy the sp long as it's more than some skins, car, and minor things.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 03:11 AM

I thought the whole reason to buy UE was to get the unique items which you didnt get much I could not unlock in game.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 03:15 AM
I thought the whole reason to buy UE was to get the unique items which you didnt get much I could not unlock in game.

You do get stuff that can't be unlocked in game.

Besides my point of view was simple that for an additional 22 I was getting a 30 season pass, a soundtrack, a real bag and a nifty statue.

Compare that to 80 for a copy of Arkham City and a Batarang made of plastic and dragged along the floor.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 03:19 AM
You do get stuff that can't be unlocked in game.

Besides my point of view was simple that for an additional 22 I was getting a 30 season pass, a soundtrack, a real bag and a nifty statue.

Compare that to 80 for a copy of Arkham City and a Batarang made of plastic and dragged along the floor.

lol to batman.

You still paid for it just beacuse they mark the price for resale later does not mean you have not paid for it.
As stated I will not be buying unless they add some good stuff to make it worthwhile.

If you bought UE then fine its part of bigger bundle but otherwise not buying seperate.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 03:22 AM
lol to batman.

You still paid for it just beacuse they mark the price for resale later does not mean you have not paid for it.
As stated I will not be buying unless they add some good stuff to make it worthwhile.

If you bought UE then fine its part of bigger bundle but otherwise not buying seperate.

...and I agree with you. Never buy a Season Pass until they detail exactly what your getting and so far they haven't.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 03:23 AM
...and I agree with you. Never buy a Season Pass until they detail exactly what your getting and so far they haven't.

yup which is shame as I trhink game is good and would prob buy it they lay out what you will get with each DLC.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 03:24 AM
lol to batman.

Too true. You can't can't even get excited for new characters being added because having alts in this game is pointless since you get everything. So then that leaves you with skins and a vehicle from what we know at this point. That is no in hell worth 20 dollars let alone 40 dollars or whatever is the on going price for your area. I am not the one to cry about prices because yes it's optional to get stuff and yes I won't be getting this SP if turns out to be what we are thinking for the time being but wow..this is just damn upsetting for now even with out buying the pass just yet.

Pace122004
05-01-2013, 05:05 AM
you really think all we are getting is a hat and vehicle skin for 40 dollars...come on trion is not stupid, they know what they are doing. when xbox users were having server crashes everyday after launch they gave all users another week of boosting and a lock box! if you pay you usually get treated pretty well in this game. what may be confusing is that there are two story parallels in defiance, the game story line and the show story line. I saw the interview where trion says all the show story lines will be free for all players, the dlc will most likely include additions for the game story line.

BonnBonn
05-01-2013, 05:11 AM
They still need to put everything they didn't put out in game. It's incomplete. Honestly it isn't going to have dlc for another year, once the show is onto season 2.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:14 AM
you really think all we are getting is a hat and vehicle skin for 40 dollars...come on trion is not stupid, they know what they are doing. when xbox users were having server crashes everyday after launch they gave all users another week of boosting and a lock box! if you pay you usually get treated pretty well in this game. what may be confusing is that there are two story parallels in defiance, the game story line and the show story line. I saw the interview where trion says all the show story lines will be free for all players, the dlc will most likely include additions for the game story line.

Yes, hopefully that is correct and I also doubt that they will give 100% of the content away for free or there will be no way of making extra money. I am just hoping that it will be actually worth it with things like dungeons, extra characters that matters because at the moment having alts don't got much of a use so another alien won't be that exciting, but reading stuff like all players will be able to do all missions to keep everyone together just made me worry since I am not about to waste 3200 ms points on skins and guns. I am doubting that it will be just that alone since 5 dlc's can contain a heavy amount of game content and who knows if there will be free content for everyone that doesn't include sp content. Sounds like a great idea to hold on to but I am holding on to my points until there is an official word. Loving the game and will gladly pay for the sp soon as I hear good news on this topic.

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 05:16 AM
I would like them to link it more (series and game) defence of defiance would be nice to play even if it was clan based or squad based.

Disturbd_ZX6R
05-01-2013, 06:24 AM
I am such a dumb *** and spent the $40.00 for the SP .. I hope Trion doesn't make a fool out of me. Hell I do well enough on my own. :rolleyes:

BunkeredSphinx
05-01-2013, 07:51 AM
I am such a dumb *** and spent the $40.00 for the SP .. I hope Trion doesn't make a fool out of me. Hell I do well enough on my own. :rolleyes:

just think of all the other cool stuff you gor with it and the time spent waiting for it while everyone else was out playing it.

ItISLupus
05-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I think the DLC will be Free:area, open world missions(side missions) Paid:gear, extra story missions, new pvp maps, co-ops

Durva360
05-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Two thoughts on this...

Those of us that know we are enjoying the game and don't mind paying that cash

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM

Oh I am enjoying the game a lot and will easily buy the sp long as the paid for content is worth it. I just wanna be sure before do so that the content won't also be given away for free and we're just given some minor things like skins or a few weapons. Definitely wishing they had some word on this. They should have never said anything about it until they had full comments on the matter.

Soobydoo
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I just wanna be sure before do so that the content won't also be given away for free and we're just given some minor things like skins or a few weapons.

They stated SP will still be available when DLC 1 is released. So your best course of action (and everyone else for that matter imo) is to be patient, take a wait and see approach and then evaluate the DLC content once real information becomes available.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
They stated SP will still be available when DLC 1 is released. So your best course of action is to be patient, take a wait and see approach and then evaluate the DLC content once real information becomes available.

Yeah that's the plan. I was gonna get it on the 360 asap since I got the points on the account but after reading these stuff about this I will hold out until then. Although I heavily doubt that they will charge 40 dollars and then give every important away for free since mmo's don't work exactly like that but you never know, lol.

duction
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
the free users will get map access and the main storey line that goes with the show, paid will get access to all the new venders and items etc.. side missions like in the initial release and new pvp stuff. this is my guess anyway.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 02:03 PM
the free users will get map access and the main storey line that goes with the show, paid will get access to all the new venders and items etc.. side missions like in the initial release and new pvp stuff. this is my guess anyway.

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing. More like hoping but still the same. ;)

StickyChief
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Hmm why do people seem frustrated, doesn't this mean more free content for everyone?

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Hmm why do people seem frustrated, doesn't this mean more free content for everyone?

Simple reason is people shouldn't get everything for free if there is a sp that cost 40 dollars. Although it's being doubted that everything will be free and I say none of it should be free because it's people's own damn fault for not having the dlc.

Blastiel
05-01-2013, 03:30 PM

I enjoy the game also BUT just like every other game I judge the value of a Season Pass on the first content drop (or a detailed description), heck I even wait for others to offer feed back before giving a company 30 in good faith!

Captain Rimjaw
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Trion are counting on dlc, bit sales & the sp as their source of revenue to fund adapting this game on a regular basis. I can't begin to imagine how much it costs to keep a game like this running. Bug fixes, updates, server maintenance etc. If they drop the ball by making paid dlc worthless, the game will be finished. End of. Do you really think they will risk that?
The paid dlc will have things you will want to pay for. Possibly new weapon types, vehicle types, mod options. I expect them to add some sort of class option at some point, making different races more desirable.
Remember that the game is still in its infancy. In a years time there will be massive differences & a myriad of new options/systems available.
If I am wrong, I will eat my own c**k :p

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Trion are counting on dlc, bit sales & the sp as their source of revenue to fund adapting this game on a regular basis. I can't begin to imagine how much it costs to keep a game like this running. Bug fixes, updates, server maintenance etc. If they drop the ball by making paid dlc worthless, the game will be finished. End of. Do you really think they will risk that?
The paid dlc will have things you will want to pay for. Possibly new weapon types, vehicle types, mod options. I expect them to add some sort of class option at some point, making different races more desirable.
Remember that the game is still in its infancy. In a years time there will be massive differences & a myriad of new options/systems available.
If I am wrong, I will eat my own c**k :p

Yeah that is definitely the most logical idea to come up with and everyone is pretty much agreeing on the idea but it would definitely be nice if they gave some more or even a little bit of an insight on what they meant about people being to play all the missions for free.

Thanx4tehfish
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Lol the new gear will have to be reskinned weapons we already have or it will unbalance pvp.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Lol the new gear will have to be reskinned weapons we already have or it will unbalance pvp.

Ah got killed hmm? Sucks I'm sure. :\

Captain Rimjaw
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah that is definitely the most logical idea to come up with and everyone is pretty much agreeing on the idea but it would definitely be nice if they gave some more or even a little bit of an insight on what they meant about people being to play all the missions for free.

The truth is that I doubt they are 100% sure what they are going to release in the future. Judging by how they emphasize on a regular basis how much they listen to fans & check forums, social media etc they want to build some sort of picture of our wants before they commit to specifics on dlc.
Of course they have a basic outline ready and are working on it as we speak, but they also need to be flexible & make changes based on feedback, hence the lack of solid info.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
The truth is that I doubt they are 100% sure what they are going to release in the future. Judging by how they emphasize on a regular basis how much they listen to fans & check forums, social media etc they want to build some sort of picture of our wants before they commit to specifics on dlc.
Of course they have a basic outline ready and are working on it as we speak, but they also need to be flexible & make changes based on feedback, hence the lack of solid info.

I am completely fine with that. Companies should never talk about their stuff until they are ready and that is why they shouldn't have even brought this topic partially up because it is causing confusion.

Captain Rimjaw
05-01-2013, 04:23 PM
I am completely fine with that. Companies should never talk about their stuff until they are ready and that is why they shouldn't have even brought this topic partially up because it is causing confusion.

Agreed. It seems as if they are very eager to keep us up to date with their info which 99% of the time is great but as seen here, it can backfire.

jnt
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Companies shouldn't sell things they can't even describe. Kickstarter projects give more information then the season pass advertisement.

Trion needs to just stop talking altogether until it can give definite information. Look at the tv/videogame cross over stuff. I don't know about you, but I find it really quite amusing. Season 1 of the tv show is shot and ready to go. Unless they actually spent extra to film alternate pieces of the show then the game can't actually impact the show events in the same year. Not even a little.

Captain Rimjaw
05-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding the cross over. I live in the UK & can't get syfi so I have not seen a single episode yet. I won't watch pirate copies and can't seem to find free to watch services in the UK so it is not too big an issue for me. The whole crossover thing was not the selling point for me. It was the mmo on xbox that pulled me in :)

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Agreed. It seems as if they are very eager to keep us up to date with their info which 99% of the time is great but as seen here, it can backfire.

And that is always a great thing but yeah if they are going to bring something up don't bring up 10% and then leave everything as a mystery. It could simply be said in the way many are guessing how things will go. That's a simple way, they don't need to go in to 100% detail and everything would be fine.

Companies shouldn't sell things they can't even describe. Kickstarter projects give more information then the season pass advertisement.

Trion needs to just stop talking altogether until it can give definite information. Look at the tv/videogame cross over stuff. I don't know about you, but I find it really quite amusing. Season 1 of the tv show is shot and ready to go. Unless they actually spent extra to film alternate pieces of the show then the game can't actually impact the show events in the same year. Not even a little.

Ah, can't really say I care about that to be honest. If I wanna see how the tv show plays out then I will watch the tv show. Not play a game and expect to play 100% like the tv show. What trion does need to do is definitely make that SP worth it since the game has no monthly fee and will live off the micro transactions and sp income. I am sure I will not be the only one to pass on the SP if the only important things are some minor weapons, skins, and vehicles while everything else would be free. Although I really can't imagine a company doing that and expecting to have its game live for very long, lol. The description for the SP did tell me enough to buy the thing right away, told me the most important thing is that you get is 5 dlc's, what do you want? a 5000 page bibliography? lol. The thing that got my attention though is all the comments about people having access to the content for free and that's what I would love to understand is how much of that same content will they get.

jnt
05-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Pretty sure you can expect the map for free but the missions, rampages, races, and vendors will all prompt you to buy the dlc to proceed.

If we're lucky then any new co op would be free too but eh.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
That's the hope going on, lol. Would be the most logical thing to do really and that wouldn't be that hard to say in that blog people talk about.

jnt
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
That's the hope going on, lol. Would be the most logical thing to do really and that wouldn't be that hard to say in that blog people talk about.

If they actually give depressing news then the complaining takes on a different tone.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
They won't sound any better when the day comes and the news is not what everyone is planning on. ;)

Captain Rimjaw
05-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Delayed due to working on patches. Hold on, that is exactly what is expected!

jnt
05-01-2013, 04:49 PM
They won't sound any better when the day comes and the news is not what everyone is planning on. ;)

Sure it will, they won't have to deal with it every day for months on end already. :D

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Sure it will, they won't have to deal with it every day for months on end already. :D

lol delaying the invertible then. ;)

BunkeredSphinx
05-02-2013, 02:26 AM
would rather they delayed it so they get game running as best it can.
why have half **** game to add dlc too.

Aycid
05-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Pretty sure you can expect the map for free but the missions, rampages, races, and vendors will all prompt you to buy the dlc to proceed.

If we're lucky then any new co op would be free too but eh.

so you basicly think that all the free dlc players get is a new map/area to drive in? and a couple co-op maps?

free DLC players will be getting much more than this. BUT!! what everyone wants to know here is how much MORE paid DLC users will be getting.

The Gray
05-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Well for me I am all in. I have invested in the upgraded delux edition...as well as the season pass. It is the last
Game I will be buying this gen so its worth every penny.

StickyChief
05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Simple reason is people shouldn't get everything for free if there is a sp that cost 40 dollars. Although it's being doubted that everything will be free and I say none of it should be free because it's people's own damn fault for not having the dlc.

The DLC will be revealed why not wait until then and if your not satisfied with the content that your paying for, you don't have to purchase it.

KOLZ
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
The DLC will be revealed why not wait until then and if your not satisfied with the content that your paying for, you don't have to purchase it.

Yeah...welcome to 8 pages later with the same comment that's already been said, lol. ;)

Lazurkri
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Why is the Season pass 45+ bucks to begin with in the first place? um, guess what Halo 4's season pass cost. 15 bucks or so. And I picked up Mass Effect 3's DLC (All of it) for around 35 bucks. Anyone seeing a PRICE differential here? like honestly, the HELL is Trion THINKING?!

Lazurkri
05-03-2013, 05:59 AM
I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding the cross over. I live in the UK & can't get syfi so I have not seen a single episode yet. I won't watch pirate copies and can't seem to find free to watch services in the UK so it is not too big an issue for me. The whole crossover thing was not the selling point for me. It was the mmo on xbox that pulled me in :)

"Pirate Copies"? Dude, I don't even have cable so I need to get all the episodes I watch off the 'net. Boo hoo, someone used a vid capture card to get it, so technically its "Pirated".

Loose your integrity and embrace the freedom of information the 'Net offers.

BTW, in case you are interested, I use Pirate Bay.