PDA

View Full Version : Ark Falls, vehicles gotta go

ARCLIGHT545
05-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Vehicles really need to be disabled at Arkfalls. Its starting to get ridiculous. There is almost no point to going to Arkfalls if all were going to end up with is vehicles flying through them, killing everything they hit and essentially making it completely pointless to even go to them. If you simply disable vehicles altogether at the Arkfalls, the problem will be solved. Either that or make them vulnerable to weapon damage while they are there crossing between players on foot and their targets.

Sacrimony
05-01-2013, 06:12 AM
+1 Totally agree. Annoying as hell!

Grit
05-01-2013, 06:20 AM
sadly on page two.. there is a multipage topic discussing vehicles and arkfalls lol.

-7 internets for not going back at least 5 pages lol

bfonsworth
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Vehicles really need to be disabled at Arkfalls. Its starting to get ridiculous. There is almost no point to going to Arkfalls if all were going to end up with is vehicles flying through them, killing everything they hit and essentially making it completely pointless to even go to them. If you simply disable vehicles altogether at the Arkfalls, the problem will be solved. Either that or make them vulnerable to weapon damage while they are there crossing between players on foot and their targets. It already is pointless to go to them. All you need to do is show up, shoot the crystal or some enemies, then leave. You receive all the rewards. The people who use their cars are obviously going for Arkfall Hunting as a Way of Life, seeing as how that pursuit always resets the amount of kills unless you get them all in one sitting (easiest way to do that is to run around the crystal in your vehicle).

jnt
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Destroy the Crystal minor arkfalls need debris that function as bollards/dragon's teeth and prevent vehicles driving in the area skitterlings cross to get to the crystal. Then all you're left with are the jerks with aoe damage to fix.

Durva360
05-01-2013, 10:40 AM
It already is pointless to go to them. All you need to do is show up, shoot the crystal or some enemies, then leave. You receive all the rewards. The people who use their cars are obviously going for Arkfall Hunting as a Way of Life, seeing as how that pursuit always resets the amount of kills unless you get them all in one sitting (easiest way to do that is to run around the crystal in your vehicle). Easier way is to stick to one type of Arkfall. Hellbug or Scrapper. Don't keep switching. The 2,500 can be easily done by shooting without screwing people over

Frantic Poet
05-01-2013, 10:45 AM
The people who use their cars are obviously going for Arkfall Hunting as a Way of Life¹, seeing as how that pursuit always resets the amount of kills unless you get them all in one sitting² (easiest way to do that is to run around the crystal in your vehicle³).
1. I guarantee there are as many people doing it just to troll.
2. Incorrect.
3. Also, incorrect.

Draaconis
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
My new favorite thing is the *******es that launch decoys at the crystals now so the skitterlings attack that instead of the crystals. Between the cars, decoys, explosives, and general ****s that shoot the skitterlings with guns, I don't even bother anymore.

Ciannon
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Vehicles really need to be disabled at Arkfalls. Its starting to get ridiculous. There is almost no point to going to Arkfalls if all were going to end up with is vehicles flying through them, killing everything they hit and essentially making it completely pointless to even go to them. If you simply disable vehicles altogether at the Arkfalls, the problem will be solved. Either that or make them vulnerable to weapon damage while they are there crossing between players on foot and their targets.

I'm on the PC, and we generally do not have this issue. I will also say that disabling vehicles in Arkfalls would cause more harm than good. I do not want to be driving through an arkfall and be "dismounted" because I touched the red.

Draaconis
05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm on the PC, and we generally do not have this issue. I will also say that disabling vehicles in Arkfalls would cause more harm than good. I do not want to be driving through an arkfall and be "dismounted" because I touched the red.

Not the entire Ark Fall. Only the location of the individual conflicts within it.

RevJynxed
05-01-2013, 12:48 PM
1. I guarantee there are as many people doing it just to troll.
2. Incorrect.
3. Also, incorrect.

I believe the easiest means is contacting support and having them advance the pursuit... which is what I did after the first reset. :p

RevJynxed
05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Not the entire Ark Fall. Only the location of the individual conflicts within it.

They may have to implement something along the lines of damage over time to vehicles so those passing through don't get affected. Those arks throw off some nasty sparks so why not have them shorting out the vehicles?

Aaricane
05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Bravo and hats off to you sir for posting a new, never before seen topic!

Ciannon
05-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Bravo and hats off to you sir for posting a new, never before seen topic!

Bravo and hats off to you, sir, for your near perfect grammar usage!