PDA

View Full Version : Enemy weaknesses

CaptainRaj
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I was having a conversation with someone the other day about this and neither of us knew the answer. Does anyone know if particular enemies have weaknesses to particular nano effects? For example, are organic enemies such as hell bugs more susceptible to fire and robotic enemies like scrappers more vulnerable to the electric/lightening nano effects?

I appreciate this should be in the Game Play threads but I couldn't find a suitable location.

RoG Goat
05-01-2013, 08:00 AM
I believe Fire nano-effects are the only ones that are effected by enemy/abilities, as fire is the only true DOT nano effect.
However, I've only ever experienced a damage drop when the unit is caught on fire with a shield. But when the shield runs out, the damage tick increases back to max.

Iceberg
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
If I was to use common sense and logic the answer might be different than what the devs think. Personally I would say that corrosive would work best on scrappers/machines electric would work best on 99ers/dark matter cause of their shields and fire could work on flesh creatures like hellbugs/mutants.

What are the real weaknesses to these nanos? I don't really know but that is my best guess.

CaptainRaj
05-01-2013, 08:09 AM
...as fire is the only true DOT nano effect.

DOT?

I'm not going to type "/char". I'm just going to ask why this is still a forum rule as people get around it with "/char"?

If I was to use common sense and logic the answer might be different than what the devs think. Personally I would say that corrosive would work best on scrappers/machines electric would work best on 99ers/dark matter cause of their shields and fire could work on flesh creatures like hellbugs/mutants.

What are the real weaknesses to these nanos? I don't really know but that is my best guess.

I agree. But is this the case? And so shouldn't corrosive effects be useless against organics? Or fire useless against Dark Matter until their shields are down.....

RoG Goat
05-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Damage over time

Iceberg
05-01-2013, 08:19 AM
DOT?

I'm not going to type "/char". I'm just going to ask why this is still a forum rule as people get around it with "/char"?

I agree. But is this the case? And so shouldn't corrosive effects be useless against organics? Or fire useless against Dark Matter until their shields are down.....

I can only speculate, as I only had the game now for a week. I would suggest Private Messaging the Community Manager with this question and see what he says.

digibluez
05-01-2013, 08:22 AM
one day i was using some type of gun, dont know what, but for some reason it did very little damage to hellbugs and arks. But fire always works best

Chavez
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM

I don't think elements here work the same way as in Borderlands 2 and i don't think enemies have a specific weakness to an element.
I haven't noticed any difference i use whatever gun i have and it seems to do the same damage, i turned on the feature to see the damage that i do and i see the same numbers with any enemy.

CaptainRaj
05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
...i turned on the feature to see the damage that i do and i see the same numbers with any enemy.

This is a very good point and you're right. I've done the same (incredibly useful) and haven't noticed any difference either.

Thanks everyone. Question answered.