PDA

View Full Version : Reporting of Hacking

Aerimus
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know, what the proper avenue is for reporting player hacking/cheating? I had an issue and I posted it on the forum but was warned that I couldn't do that.

Any info would be appreciated.

ten4
05-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Go to support in game. Report player is listed in options.

Do so and then wait 2+ weeks for the automated, canned response.

Chacal_V2
05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Just forget it even with video evidence Trion does nothing at all. The web version of "Report Player" bounces you to their FAQ LOL. Total fail. You can learn to edit your weapon stats online now. The only thing missing is having them include it in the game. Good luck they let them destroy it.

OMGBEES
05-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Just watch this video to see exactly how to report a player.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUnARlzJut4&feature=youtube_gdata

Go to support in game. Report player is listed in options.

Do so and then wait 2+ weeks for the automated, canned response.

Trion is not going to tell you the status on if a player has been banned or not. It would be a complete waste of time for a GM to respond to every ticket about someone hacking. I don't see the same person cheating twice... so it seems like they are doing a pretty good job of weeding the few out that are actually cheating.

Just forget it even with video evidence Trion does nothing at all. The web version of "Report Player" bounces you to their FAQ LOL. Total fail. You can learn to edit your weapon stats online now. The only thing missing is having them include it in the game. Good luck they let them destroy it.

Look dude, I understand that you are upset that more skilled players are killing you in pvp... but you need to move on. I spend hours a day in pvp and dont run into people cheating even on a daily basis. It has been about a week since I have seen someone cheating... and it has never been the same person two days in a row. It was an incredibly stupid thing for trion not to save weapon data server side... but until they hammer out a permanent fix it at least looks like they are working overtime to give us a fun/hacker free pvp environment.

Aerimus
05-01-2013, 06:00 PM
The thing that is frustrating is that I didn't know where to do it, so I came to the forums. I started a thread by saying that I didn't know where to report and so If I needed to do it somewhere else, please let me know. Support proceeded to give me a short ban for listing the persons name on the forum and claimed I was saying derogatory things about other players...

I'm very confused by this as I felt like I was being very civil and even finished the post by saying that it could very well have just been that the person got bugged on accident and they were simply stuck in an invisible/unable to be killed state. It was a bit frustrating.

Arsenic_Touch
05-01-2013, 06:21 PM
The thing that is frustrating is that I didn't know where to do it, so I came to the forums. I started a thread by saying that I didn't know where to report and so If I needed to do it somewhere else, please let me know. Support proceeded to give me a short ban for listing the persons name on the forum and claimed I was saying derogatory things about other players...

I'm very confused by this as I felt like I was being very civil and even finished the post by saying that it could very well have just been that the person got bugged on accident and they were simply stuck in an invisible/unable to be killed state. It was a bit frustrating.

Naming and shaming violates the code of conduct - it's located at the top of the forum, you agreed to those rules when you signed up. - http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?f=3&a=2 if you can't see it.

Posting about someone and calling them out is shaming and naming, regardless of what they did or your intent. The more you know.

Era
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=OMGBEES;510620]I don't see the same person cheating twice...[/URL]

I've seen the same person cheating twice. That said you wrecked me in PvP much harder than they did even with aimbotting and hide negation if your the OMGBEES I'm thinking of. Incidentally I make it a habit to try and hunt down and oneshot hackers when I find em.

baasb
05-02-2013, 01:13 AM
This is why i dont play PVP wil stick to Co-op and Single , The End

Aerimus
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Naming and shaming violates the code of conduct - it's located at the top of the forum, you agreed to those rules when you signed up. - http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?f=3&a=2 if you can't see it.

Posting about someone and calling them out is shaming and naming, regardless of what they did or your intent. The more you know.

I don't disagree with your comment at all. But the proper way to have handled it would have been to also send me some information about the proper way to report someone. Otherwise the customer just comes away feeling like not only were they cheated in game, but then they were the ones punished for trying to report it. Basic customer service is basic customer service. No the customer is not always right, but you should at least inform them of this while leaving an giving them an option to take care of their issue...It's about finding ways to say yes, not finding ways to say no.

Example:

Aerimus, I regret to inform you that we are going to have to give you a short ban because what you did falls under our "naming and shaming" policy. Our hands are tied in this. However, I want to give you a solution for the future. You can go into your settings in game and report a player from there. This allows us to look into your problem without people being called out on the forums. Thank you so much for playing our game and we appreciate your intent on trying to make our game better by discovering hacking.
-Trion Customer support.

Same thing...but leaves the customer feeling good, instead cheated twice.