PDA

View Full Version : Nomad VS Challenger

mrgrimezHD
05-01-2013, 10:22 AM
How's it going people, just a quick question for the masses.

So for those of you who actually have the Nomad and use it, have you 'drifted' around a corner and noticed just how smooth it is? the back end isn't as twitchy at all in my opinion, unlike my other pride and joy, the Black Challenger.

I can also control the drift more easily in the Nomad then I could with the Challenger, which obviously helps if you plan on traveling sideways lol

Try holding A + B together when driving the Nomad then switch to the Challenger and you'll see the difference, it's pretty drastic. This is what I do to initiate a drift around corners but in the Challenger, she either kicks out like a mule or the car itself would do a total 180 spin and come to a complete stop. Now if the Challenger kept all it's stats but gained the Nomad's 'drifting' behavior then I'd be more inclined to travel sideways more often in that Vehicle.

I'm curious to know how the Bright White, Plumb Crazy and Billet Silver Challengers handle, could any owners chime in and let me know?

RoG Goat
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm curious to know how the Bright White, Plumb Crazy and Billet Silver Challengers handle, could any owners chime in and let me know?

Color doesn't effect the stats.

bfonsworth
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty sure they all handle the same as any other Challenger.

Nate Murder
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
The pre-order High Performance Red Challenger is a little bit faster than all the other Challengers. The speed for the Red is 36.4 and the others ones, such as the Black or Orange are 35.7.

Grit
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I can say for a fact that i enjoy my 800 Hannibal more than any other vehicle in the game...

mrgrimezHD
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I can say for a fact that i enjoy my 800 Hannibal more than any other vehicle in the game...

I understand that, I don't mind off roading on my Hannibal either if I'm honest.

mrgrimezHD
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
The pre-order High Performance Red Challenger is a little bit faster than all the other Challengers. The speed for the Red is 36.4 and the others ones, such as the Black or Orange are 35.7.

Ah, that's interesting so does it handle the same as every other Challenger? seeing as the name suggests 'High Performance' and the increase in speed, I would've thought the turning etc would also be improved.

Grit
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
I understand that, I don't mind off roading on my Hannibal either if I'm honest.

I did hit rollers level 10 last night...it's going to be a grind..i mean yeah rollers = faster overall but..the runners are more agile..plus its fun to do all the dang spins lol. I'll have to try the Nomad out when it comes as DLC or some other kind of "reward" no way i'm dishing out $$$ for it unless i get free MSP or something.

FattyMcG33
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I crash into **** no matter what vehicle I'm using lol

DarkShadowMark
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Duni wins.

Contest over.

Draaconis
05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
The only reason I'm even still using the black challenger is because it is a pain in the butt to get. When your going up hill in the challenger, just get out a walk..backward...in ice skates...on a snowy embankment...with a broken leg...well you get the idea. ****** is slow up hill.

mrgrimezHD
05-01-2013, 11:31 AM
I did hit rollers level 10 last night...it's going to be a grind..i mean yeah rollers = faster overall but..the runners are more agile..plus its fun to do all the dang spins lol. I'll have to try the Nomad out when it comes as DLC or some other kind of "reward" no way i'm dishing out $$$ for it unless i get free MSP or something.

For it's price tag the Nomad isn't all that, it's basically just for the aesthetics and also the sound, it actually does sound like a V6. You would be surprised how many Developers get vehicle audio wrong.

I do like it's handling capabilities though, there seems to be more 'give' when jumping for air, which is perfect for controlling the landing direction. I do feel the boost could be tweaked a little bit, for a big Vehicle such as the Nomad going up steep hills can be hit or miss, you ain't gettin' there without using the boost but it runs out far to quick. It might be just me imagining that.

Plus as previously mention, power sliding in the Nomad is great fun it just needs a little more go go juice in the tank for a few seconds longer.

I'm not overly bothered about the cost of the Nomad, I had some left over MSP's and used them instead of purchasing bits but I can see why people are aggravated about it.

OFF TOPIC -

As for your signature, Grit, about the Epic Dismounts?

While steam rolling my way towards a well known 'Hulker V Monarch' spot on my Hannibal I approached a small rock with a reasonable incline, Naturally my boost comes on and I take off gracefully flying through the air...

I then realized my trajectory was heading straight toward the Hulker, I could've literally kicked him in the face I was that close, so dismounting like a Boss I land on the floor only to find the Hulker's fist coming down on top of me.

Let's just say I wasn't expecting to be in the air again that soon. Then to top it all off, some random Ark Hunter entered 'FAIL' in the chat box, thus summing the whole epic event up quite nicely lol

Grit
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Nomad looks like it's built around the idea of a "stadium" or "Baja" truck..which is awesome cuz those trucks are beast!!

Challengers sound like crap and suck going anywhere that isn't paved or level

Zugo
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Can someone post the Damage, and hitpoint stats on the Nomad and Challenger? I'm stuck at work.:rolleyes:

Slay
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Wait, so can someone tell me the stats for the dodge challanger and nomad in side by side comparison? I'm curious, also is there anyway to get a nomad that isn't with money?

Shada Mori
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
How's it going people, just a quick question for the masses.

So for those of you who actually have the Nomad and use it, have you 'drifted' around a corner and noticed just how smooth it is? the back end isn't as twitchy at all in my opinion, unlike my other pride and joy, the Black Challenger.

I can also control the drift more easily in the Nomad then I could with the Challenger, which obviously helps if you plan on traveling sideways lol

Try holding A + B together when driving the Nomad then switch to the Challenger and you'll see the difference, it's pretty drastic. This is what I do to initiate a drift around corners but in the Challenger, she either kicks out like a mule or the car itself would do a total 180 spin and come to a complete stop. Now if the Challenger kept all it's stats but gained the Nomad's 'drifting' behavior then I'd be more inclined to travel sideways more often in that Vehicle.

I do feel the Nomad is the best handling vehicle in the game. Theres just something about how it turns and even like jumps and takes hills. It may just be perception but it feels the most 'natural' to drive.

mrgrimezHD
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Wait, so can someone tell me the stats for the dodge challanger and nomad in side by side comparison? I'm curious, also is there anyway to get a nomad that isn't with money?

I can do that for you, bare with me.

EDIT -

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9470/carzt.jpg

I could only compare it with the Black Challenger as that's all I've got other than the Orange one, but that's pretty standard and nothing special.

rralpheboy
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
LMFAO similar situation happened to me :cool:

rralpheboy
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
How many passangers does the Nomad take? Is it the same as the other rollers?

mrgrimezHD
05-02-2013, 03:39 AM
How many passangers does the Nomad take? Is it the same as the other rollers?

The Nomad can only carry two people, which is strange, I'd do away with the spare tires in the back and make that into seats for an additional two more players.

Grit
05-02-2013, 04:13 AM
saw a lot of these crusing around last night.. meh wonder how PO'd ppl will be when they become "free" content haha

mrgrimezHD
05-02-2013, 04:25 AM
saw a lot of these crusing around last night.. meh wonder how PO'd ppl will be when they become "free" content haha

Interesting point,

I won't be to fussed about it though, I don't mind spending a little cash here and there when it's just spare and not put to use. Gotta' enjoy the little things in life, right?

Some people think that just because they've handed over cash for digital content such as this, it automatically makes it 'exclusive' for the time being. I say exclusive because that's what it basically is, some people can have a particular item right now if they pay for it, while others who don't agree / don't have the funds will wait. What they have to realize is content like this won't be 'exclusive' for long as it will most definitely turn up for free in the stores.

I'm wondering what other vehicles will turn up, have you seen the Hot Rod's over by Bug 'n' Chug? I'll bet scrip on it that those end up on the store at some stage. Motorbikes will make an appearance for sure but I'm interested to know if the Volge have Vehicles?

I know they have Mechs and giant walking cannons but surely they have some transport vehicles of some sorts?

Grit
05-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Man the raider buggies are awesome haha my buddies and I have been talking about getting those since the Beta haha!! That or one of the big rig flatbeds... mainly so we could spawn our challengers or hannibals on the bed and roll around like knight rider.

heck even some of the beat up lookin farm trucks would be welcome as rollers.

mrgrimezHD
05-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Man the raider buggies are awesome haha my buddies and I have been talking about getting those since the Beta haha!! That or one of the big rig flatbeds... mainly so we could spawn our challengers or hannibals on the bed and roll around like knight rider.

heck even some of the beat up lookin farm trucks would be welcome as rollers.

When I saw the... erm... Oh Christ, I can't remember the name of it, do you know how some vehicles have their engines protruding out of the bonnet or 'hood' and you'll see a scoop of some sort, is that called a Holley? nonetheless when I saw that buggy I wanted it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a functional Hauler either, make it into a transport vehicle allowing a full team to board it. Imagine that, you're at an Arkfall or about to get your s**t pushed in by a Hulker / Monarch combo and from out of no where the Hauler comes steam rolling in and a whole team deploy with guns blazing. Epic sauce.

Grit
05-02-2013, 05:13 AM
yeah the buggy that has the "blower" popping outta the hood old hotrod/musclecar style.. we were wishing it had a LMG turret in the back so the 3 of us could ride around jumping crap and causing destruction..that and trolling the "tryhards" at arkfalls lol

mrgrimezHD
05-02-2013, 05:17 AM
yeah the buggy that has the "blower" popping outta the hood old hotrod/musclecar style.. we were wishing it had a LMG turret in the back so the 3 of us could ride around jumping crap and causing destruction..that and trolling the "tryhards" at arkfalls lol

Ah, that's the one lol

Then it's a case of wading through countless threads complaining how OP the vehicles are =( we can never win.

Grit
05-02-2013, 05:24 AM
nope, never can win at all haha!!

I'd say we play "straight up" 90% of the time but 10% of the time we get our troll hats on and go out and have some laughs at the expense of others lol

mrgrimezHD
05-02-2013, 05:47 AM
nope, never can win at all haha!!

I'd say we play "straight up" 90% of the time but 10% of the time we get our troll hats on and go out and have some laughs at the expense of others lol

Guilty as charged,

I found myself sitting on top of a cliff face near Golden Gate Bridge, watching the new comers wanting to cross over into San Fran. It was quite funny as some people would steam roll around the corner in their vehicle and notice the equivalent of skynet in physical form sitting there waiting for them.

Some people did a 180 and in true form... got tha' f**k outta there, while others had the balls to get out and fight the never ending battle.

I could've easily said over chat / voice - ''Yeah, ummm, the Monolith can't be destroyed until you progress in the story'' but they probably would've just ignored me anyway, so I thought what the hell, I pitched my tent and watched in awe as Ark Hunters began to drop like fly's around POW s**t.

Epic times lol

BattleDawgz
05-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Indeed. I'm hoping for those cool Motorbikes the Irathient Spirit Riders were using during the battle of Bissel pass in the first episode.