PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.013 is incoming

Sledgehammer70
05-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Full details here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?56799-Patch-1.013-Final-Patch-Notes

Keep in mind this is a smaller server side patch and our team is working to address a lot of known issues. These types of patch will start coming more frequently.

Schwa
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
omigawd omigawd omigawd

Freight yard? Okay. What else? Surely there's a secret addition.

Harnace
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Yay Freight Yard :D

RoG Goat
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Yea, I saw one good thing on that list (Freight yard).
The rest of it effects.... nothing.

Munx
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
freight yard back, wonder how many days until it gets pulled out again.

And most of these are just bs adjustments that no one needed, not to sound ungrateful, but when the hell are you guys gonna get around to fixing stuff that actually mathers? Pvp pursuits have been incompleteable for a month now!

I don't even care much for pvp, but having something so simplistic be uncompleteable for such a long time period is just plain LAZY!

Tgreen
05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Nice. But will there be so many ninja bug fixes or did Trion just focus on Freight Yard?

Draaconis
Looks good. Looks good.

Ciannon
Yea, I saw one good thing on that list (Freight yard).
The rest of it effects.... nothing.

You meant affects, but we got ya! And totally agree

littlejay
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh Goodie!

RedKelrick
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Looks good. Looks good.

Aside from a single PvP map what looks so good you had to repeat it?

Shurengyla
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
I'd like some reassurance in the patch notes that the server side information such as damage, grenade refresh, armor, shield and other things have been fixed so that it's all server side now.

ForkInSocket
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Fairly underwhelming patch.

I can only hope that this is a minor update while we wait for a much larger one in the next week or so.

Getting the game to a state where they can focus on DLC would be a big plus. There just isn't much to do that isn't a grind after 1500-2000 EGO.

DarkShadowMark
05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Wait...are you serious? Thats it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic for the patch, I was just expecting something...bigger.

sciencefiction
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM

And most of these are just bs adjustments that no one needed, not to sound ungrateful, but when the hell are you guys gonna get around to fixing stuff that actually mathers? Pvp pursuits have been incompleteable for a month now!

I don't even care much for pvp, but having something so simplistic be uncompleteable for such a long time period is just plain LAZY!

THANK YOU, for saying exactly what i was thinking!

Figma
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Freight Yard !
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/bale2.gif

Durva360
05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
I hope this is not the "Big patch" We were promised would happen two weeks after the first big patch

DarkShadowMark
05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
I hope this is not the "Big patch" We were promised would happen two weeks after the first big patch

[2]

Totally agree.

Omnifarious Xji
05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I got really excited for a second, and then I went. "Oh..." Any ETA on fixing the bugged scopes Sledge? http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?56393-Scopes-are-currently-bugged-do-not-use-them.

alienoid
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM

Not very familiar with patches iterations, do you ? ;) Patch 1.013 means modifications/additions to big patch 1. Big patch 2 would be called *drumroll* Patch 2.0 ;)

Multigun
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM
* Removed one of the runners from the Mount Tam crash site to improve driving paths

...Please don't let that runner be the one that lets you play pinball!! That's actually a really fun bug!

Bopbarker
Freight Yard AWESOME!!!!

Yeah, lets all get angry because this is the last patch they will ever put out...

Just calm down, they already said they are working on more than this.

Facade

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic for the patch, I was just expecting something...bigger.

Same. But at the same time I guess I do understand that they can't really add content when the base game isn't working yet.

ForkInSocket
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Not very familiar with patches iterations, do you ? ;) Patch 1.013 means modifications/additions to big patch 1. Big patch 2 would be called *drumroll* Patch 2.0 ;)

The first big patch was 1.010, so the next big patch will likely be 1.020, not 2.0.

I wouldn't expect to see a 2.0 patch until a major expansion, at least.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
I doubt there will be any 2.0 until Defiance 2.

And no that was not a pathetic attempt at humor.

ForkInSocket
05-01-2013, 11:22 AM

And no that was not a pathetic attempt at humor.

Yet still humorous.

kjacks05
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
The first big patch was 1.010, so the next big patch will likely be 1.020, not 2.0.

I wouldn't expect to see a 2.0 patch until a major expansion, at least.

QFT /10char

Omnifarious Xji
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM

I wouldn't expect to see a 2.0 patch until a major expansion, at least. QFT /10char

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Yet still humorous.
Unfortunately true.
I wanna see a patch that fixes things before a patch that adds more things that will probably end up being taken down for bugs and crashing servers.

kal drogo
05-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Great its good that freight yards coming back I'm pleased BUT WHATS THE POINT WHEN THE PURSUITS RESET! There's my two cents lol

Munx
05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Lets be realistic here, with the exception of freight yard, pretty much EVERYTHING else in the patch is completly meaningless fluff with no other purpose then to make the patch look bigger then it is.

And no im not gonna sing trions name from the rooftops because they FINALLY managed to fix a map that should've been availible since release.

I have not ONCE heard anyone complain that they couldnt do contracts before 250, or that the lvl requirements on certain co-ops were to high, or even that the faction weapon level requirements were to high. (Hardly any if ANY can even afford a faction weapon before they reach 250, so this is complete non-sense).

Small patch? Fine, but don't try to make it appear bigger by serving us bs.

Tgreen
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Just calm down, they already said they are working on more than this.

More lies! : O

Schwa
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Lets be realistic here, with the exception of freight yard, pretty much EVERYTHING else in the patch is completly meaningless fluff with no other purpose then to make the patch look bigger then it is.

And no im not gonna sing trions name from the rooftops because they FINALLY managed to fix a map that should've been availible since release.

I have not ONCE heard anyone complain that they couldnt do contracts before 250, or that the lvl requirements on certain co-ops were to high, or even that the faction weapon level requirements were to high. (Hardly any if ANY can even afford a faction weapon before they reach 250, so this is complete non-sense).

I'm sure they have profound reasons for moving the furniture around. The sofa does look nicer next to the window.

ForkInSocket
05-01-2013, 11:44 AM

FWIW, they weren't hyping it. And these are all SAFE, simple changes. There's nothing in there that will kill a server, or client. Those things will probably wait for the next big patch, and heaven help us then.

Still, I would have liked something substantial in this patch. Like some Pursuit love.

pyrolm
05-01-2013, 11:47 AM
YA I can play PvP on another map where my pursuits will reset! I am glad it is being added, but I would rather have pursuits working correctly I think.

Munx
05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm sure they have profound reasons for moving the furniture around. The sofa does look nicer next to the window.

If you mean excuses, then yeah I am sure you are right.

If anyone went back and checked my earlier posts, up to about 3 weeks of the release they would see mostly supportive posts, and I stand by that, every company needs to be given some weeks to workout the teething issues of theyr game.

However trion has shown NO signs of them improving when it comes to patching, and the pace continues to be at a snail pace even for the smallest things imagineable(It took them 4 weeks to give DE players theyr second outfit, 4 WEEKS!), stuff other game companys or hell even trions rift team would have wrapped up within days as a hotfix.

I love the game and the gameplay, but trion as a company is infuriating.

Shane5484
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
So is this the BIG patch we were told we were getting at the end of April, if so, yet again Trion has come short and dissapointed everyone. Suggestion, stop concerning yourselves with minor bs details and focus on major game issues before you loose even more of the player base, really who cares what ego level you get contracts or vehicle stats at vendors. This **** is minor compared to the real issues this game has. I am getting really tired of asking people to be patient and to have faith in Trion.

Pyth
05-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Finally will be able to complete the PvP pursuits. (Hopefully. Freight Yard could be just as bugged as every other one and I'm guessing it most likely will be.)

Then I can abandon the joke that TDM is in this game, apart from a few contracts.

Swampster
05-01-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm betting the runner they have moved is the growler on the right as you head out of E-Rep Camp at new Freedom Crash Site...
If it is, it's got bugger all to do with having less to crash into.. more to do with the ability to bounce like a pinball indefinitely between the growler parked by the cabin, and the one I think they've moved.

It started becoming quite a tourist attraction for bored ark hunters.. :)

Vuule
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Soleptor Excavation co-op map to 100
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Island of Lost Soldiers to 150
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Scrapworks Salvage to 225

So, what are the exact requirements for all (the other) co-op instances? Pretty sure there are certain main missions that are involved in unlocking them. Would like to know for a guide.

Dwane
05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm betting the runner they have moved is the growler on the right as you head out of E-Rep Camp at new Freedom Crash Site...
If it is, it's got bugger all to do with having less to crash into.. more to do with the ability to bounce like a pinball indefinitely between the growler parked by the cabin, and the one I think they've moved.

It started becoming quite a tourist attraction for bored ark hunters.. :)

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQhBqgvVPo

Reverend Blood
05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I could only think of one thing when I saw how many times "lowered minimum level required" was used:
http://i.imgur.com/6sM0XJw.png

Shogo_Yahagi
05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
There are some crazy vehicle physics in this game.

I got my 1080 yesterday by accidentally ramming an invisible chrysalis in a runner. I was boosting toward a hellbug emergency and suddenly found myself catapulted straight up into the air. I didn't count of how many full spins I managed by the time I landed, but I'm pretty sure that I got more than three on my way up, and that's after the time it took for me to realize how high I was going to go.

It was fairly epic.

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 12:13 PM
What has everyone on the team been working on?

That's a serious question, by the way. If the live team is now a skeleton crew and the rest are working on DLC/expansion content, just say that. If most of the team is away on post-launch vacations, say that too.

Blackwolfe
05-01-2013, 12:13 PM

I got my 1080 yesterday by accidentally ramming an invisible chrysalis in a runner. I was boosting toward a hellbug emergency and suddenly found myself catapulted straight up into the air. I didn't count of how many full spins I managed by the time I landed, but I'm pretty sure that I got more than three on my way up, and that's after the time it took for me to realize how high I was going to go.

It was fairly epic.

There are some incredible von bach physics as well, he is amazingly bouncy.

Ichidakiller
05-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes let's hope these pursuit counter get fixed I would like to be able to complete my arkfalls and pvp pursuits without the counters resetting 5times a day...was finally able to get my 1000kills at an arkfall but after the counter reset so I have 1000kills marked off the next one says I have 11/2500 kills .....

piedlpiper
05-01-2013, 12:18 PM

That would be a new game and would start a 1.0

They promised a patch in 2 weeks and felt they had to provide one if in name only...

OcR Grav
05-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow, they literally fixed nothing.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 12:25 PM

More likely 1.020 give these minor additions are using 1.01X. Nice try though.

Ciannon
05-01-2013, 12:26 PM

Yeah they did

jnt
05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Maybe they're delaying the promised end of month patch til it can be released on ps3 at the same time? :D

We should see it in mid May.

Zeal
05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Trion, for adding this patch and fixing the numerous current bugs in the game such as pursuits resetting, I'm sure I'll enjoy Freight Yard but I won't actually be able to do the pursuits like Observatory and Waterfront. It's about time you fixed the reload glitch, how many times have I got to die because I can't kill an enemy because my ammo count keeps resetting to 0?

Really, what's the point in adding a patch when you haven't fixed the stuff the last patch broke? I can only assume that this patch most probably will break other things in the game, if the last patch is anything to go by. I don't mean to whine, I'm sure you guys are hard at work with these things there's a remedy in the making, just needs to happen a bit faster imo.

Clarkeh
05-01-2013, 12:28 PM
*sigh* still no fix for the "That's All I Got" Data Recorder not registering for day 1 players :(

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I could only think of one thing when I saw how many times "lowered minimum level required" was used:
http://i.imgur.com/6sM0XJw.png

hmm, I don't recall ever seeing a huge outcry for those things to be lowered. Perhaps Trion decided all by themselves that lowering it would be a good thing for the game.

jnt
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Maybe don't use the word literally. You can now complete some broken pursuits. It's probably exciting to someone out there. I hope...

Swampster
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Like this?

That's the one :D

Munx
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
hmm, I don't recall ever seeing a huge outcry for those things to be lowered. Perhaps Trion decided all by themselves that lowering it would be a good thing for the game.

Well if thats what they thought would be most beneficial to the game, then it sounds like they need someone new to make decissions for them.

jnt
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
It's a little weird making it that much easier to do a co op map with Dark Matter and Scrappers in it long before you see them in game. Doesn't really make any sense, I wonder what the rational was for that one.

Clarkeh
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM

They probably lowerd it so the noobcake reviewers who spent a max of 3 hours bouncing around Mt Tam can now effortlessly sign up for those co-op maps and have less of a reason to QQ.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 12:32 PM
That would be a new game and would start a 1.0

They promised a patch in 2 weeks and felt they had to provide one if in name only...
Often in many software companies will for some reason start with the software number for the version.
Example: For game series name
Name (1st in the series): Name v1.0
Name 2 (1st sequel): Name 2.0
Name 2: Name 3.0
This is a format commonly used in many pieces of software.

DejaVooDoo
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
"- Lowered the minimum level required to gain access to Contracts from 250 to 175
- Removed one of the runners from the Mount Tam crash site to improve driving paths
- Vehicle stats will no longer show up as zero in the vendor buy screen
- Weapons that require an EGO Rating of less than 250 have been added to Faction vendors
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Soleptor Excavation co-op map to 100
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Island of Lost Soldiers to 150
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Scrapworks Salvage to 225"

Now, compare that the the "Known Issues..." list. Awesome priorities Trion. Exactly what everyone was clamoring for you to spend your time and resources on. Thanks for working so hard to build our confidence that we haven't wasted money and time on a game that will never approach its potential.

vhanson
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Well this update is rather useless. Unless they give me back my keys from emergencies I'm not likely to play much more. I seem to have a problem why anyone is even interested in this games pvp aspect. Anyways I'm more interested in PvE and key farming but with no keys from emergencies what's the point of having them?

DejaVooDoo
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM

No one asked. They're covering their own screw up. They made the new episode pursuits depend on your ability to complete contracts and co-ops. Rather than think that decision through, they just went ahead and did it. Then it probably occurred to someone, "gee, I guess this sorta alienates every player whose EGO level prevents them from completing the new pursuits. Why didn't we think of that first? oops."

So, instead of giving us the fixes we've been asking for since launch week, they had to waste more time and resources fixing yet another embarrassing problem of their own making.

kjacks05
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
It would be helpful if we had some clarification regarding the next big patch. For 1.010 they released preliminary patch notes well ahead of the patch coming out, I'd like to suggest this as a good practice for all the large patches. I think if we knew what patch 1.020 (or whatever version they use) contained, that would quell some of the concerns.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Well this update is rather useless. Unless they give me back my keys from emergencies I'm not likely to play much more. I seem to have a problem why anyone is even interested in this games pvp aspect. Anyways I'm more interested in PvE and key farming but with no keys from emergencies what's the point of having them?

So that Defiance has episodic content of course.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Probably shouldn't expect anything substantial until a v1.1 comes out.
Of course I'm not too sure the game would still be supported by people then.

I've seen it happen before with other games......tons of bugs......tons of patches that don't fix anything.........then the company just cuts off all support after a period where they won't be liable for it. I'm really hoping that's not what they do here.

I'd really rather see them fix the current well reported issues then re-add maps and add new colored hellbugs.

carpesangrea
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
So the second episode 3 pursuit isn't getting fixed then? awesome

Smitch
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
*sigh* still no fix for the "That's All I Got" Data Recorder not registering for day 1 players :(

I had a chat to Trion Support. Took about 15 minutes all up (including wait time) to get it and a couple of other things sorted.

Eagle7D8
05-01-2013, 01:21 PM
This is a pretty crappy patch. Doesn't fix any of the major game breaking issues.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
This is a pretty crappy patch. Doesn't fix any of the major game breaking issues.

Hopefully it doesnt break more than it fixes.

Kaunker
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
freight yard will be nice, but why the ego requirement reductions? was that an issue for anyone?

Myll_Erik
05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
These are some of the most common issues we see on daily basis - they seem to affect everyone.

We're not stopping by any means as we're still working on other issues/problems we'll continue to fix things for you folks. We can't wave a magic wand and fix everything instantly.

Denim Samurai
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
glad to see you increasing accesibility

Jthreau
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Cool, looking forward to it. It also looks like I will have two new co-op missions to enjoy once this goes live!

Also, I hope that us PS3 players can expect battle music in the next patch. ;)

Cutlass Jack
05-01-2013, 01:29 PM
We can't wave a magic wand and fix everything instantly.

Of course not. If we had magic it would be in Rift. Now get to Teraforming the issues! :p

Dwane
05-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Was waiting with that till Dam Defence, when they didnt fixed it then, i contacted live support and got it fixed in 2 minutes.

Shada Mori
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM

I haven't seen anyone ask persay, but I do see alot of people wondering when they unlock and such, maybe they just wanted to make them more accessible.

Valethar
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM

It was fairly epic.

Almost makes you want to install a parachute and an O2 tank, just in case of emergency LOL.

Wadgod
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
lots of little fixes but still no clan chat fix...... 1 month in and chat STILL partly bugged along with the friends list and clan as a whole like opening up the clan tab and it shows ur not in a clan and u cant invite ppl to ur clan and other things...

Skeptic
They had to lower everything because everyone who has an ego over 250 already got board and quit playing.

ratt707

Well, you don't just sound ungrateful you sound rude as well. They put out the patch for ps3 on earlier this week and now we have this patch.

Everyone knows there's a lot to fix in the game. Obviously with the activity as of late, they are working on it.

I don't think making a comment with such a snarky, condescending tone is very productive.

You described fixing pvp pursuits as a "simple fix." Easy to say that when you're not the one doing the fixing.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Almost makes you want to install a parachute and an O2 tank, just in case of emergency LOL.

It's probably available in the Defiance store for 880 bits.

Munx
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
These are some of the most common issues we see on daily basis - they seem to affect everyone.

We're not stopping by any means as we're still working on other issues/problems we'll continue to fix things for you folks. We can't wave a magic wand and fix everything instantly.

People being underlvled for contracts and faction weapons requiring ego 250 is some of your most common issues? you must be joking, I cannot belive you are really that out of synch with your own community.

No on expects you to "wave a magicwand and fix everything", but don't come here and try and tell me that keeping a pursuit from resetting kills etc TAKES 4 FREAKING WEEKS!

Edit: Ratt I have been nothing but polite in the past, like most people however my tone will change when I aswell as other are constantly ignored.

You also brought up the ps3 patch, how quickly people forget how much extra time it took for that to get pushed out, its not something that should be applauded.

pyrolm
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
You described fixing pvp pursuits as a "simple fix." Easy to say that when you're not the one doing the fixing.

Well the contracts keep track of kills in competitive multiplayer over multiple games, so cleary they have the tools they need to fix it. It seriously can't be that difficult. I am a programmer, but do not do anything with games.

kjacks05
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
No on expects you to "wave a magicwand and fix everything", but don't come here and try and tell me that keeping a pursuit from resetting kills etc TAKES 4 FREAKING WEEKS!
I think you are being impatient here, even for the software world. At my company (a much slower moving company in all likelyhood) we use a monthly release schedule for software releases. Each release goes through 1-2 weeks of testing as well as some UAT (user acceptance testing), typically .5 weeks. Time from a bug being reported to its fix being released is typically at least 2 months, as the current month release is done about 3 weeks before it ever hits production. Now, I don't know anything about Trion's release schedule or software development practices, but it would be understandable if the fixes we are currently seeing are still quite backlogged.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Well the contracts keep track of kills in competitive multiplayer over multiple games, so cleary they have the tools they need to fix it. It seriously can't be that difficult. I am a programmer, but do not do anything with games.

Actually, they don't. This is an example of one of the pursuits that needs to be fixed because it keeps resetting.

Wadgod
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM
they need to prioritize their fixes, fix big issues first. Ex chat issues, pursuit and mission issues, game breaking bugs, cash shop bugs etc..

Who cares about lowering the ego lvl for co op missions and contracts the requirement wasnt that high to begin with, do ur pursuits u hit that ego lvl in anywhere between 1-3 days depending on how much u play and how patient u are.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 02:02 PM

Oh you too? Wow..everyone now a days is a programmer. ;)

they need to prioritize their fixes, fix big issues first. Ex chat issues, pursuit and mission issues, game breaking bugs, cash shop bugs etc..

Who cares about lowering the ego lvl for co op missions and contracts the requirement wasnt that high to begin with, do ur pursuits u hit that ego lvl in anywhere between 1-3 days depending on how much u play and how patient u are.

Yeah I was kind of expecting more bug fixes like everyone else, lol. I just got on and saw a new patch so I was like nice.. Then saw most of it was lowering things most likely for trash casuals that can't put any effort in to the game like usual and then one good thing with adding back a pvp map. Definitely a bit underwhelming but let's hope the next patch is a bit better or we are gonna get another "we are working on it" blog. :)

Omnifarious Xji
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
People being underlvled for contracts and faction weapons requiring ego 250 is some of your most common issues? you must be joking, I cannot belive you are really that out of synch with your own community.

Edit: Ratt I have been nothing but polite in the past, like most people however my tone will change when I aswell as other are constantly ignored.

You also brought up the ps3 patch, how quickly people forget how much extra time it took for that to get pushed out, its not something that should be applauded.
I have NEVER heard of anyone, not even ONCE mention anything even remotely related to "I don't like my EGO rating having to be at 250 to be able to do Contracts."

jnt
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I have NEVER heard of anyone, not even ONCE mention anything even remotely related to "I don't like my EGO rating having to be at 250 to be able to do Contracts."

When I started playing, I'm pretty sure I didn't even notice contracts existed til I was done with the story.

Swampster
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Yep pretty much every pursuit with a cumulative counter resets on me..

I also can't believe moving one of the runners in E-Rep Camp was one of the most problematic issues affecting the game..

I'm sorry but the rate of serious bug fixing in this game appears to be moving at a glacial pace... and before anyone jumps on that and says 'this game' or 'that game' has worse bugs and they take longer to fix... so what! and guess what? We're not playing 'that' game... quite possibly for that very reason. But just because another game is sh!te.. doesn't mean that's what should be aspired to here nor what we should be willing to accept.

Munx
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Neither have I, or anyone I know off, which is why I cannot belive that they are actually trying to justify this by saying they are common issues, they are not even ACTUAL issues.

Edit: Kjacks if your software company sold a software that included a notepad like program, and everytime the user logged of parts of all his saves were removed, are you really telling me you wouldn't hotfix that within days? If not id say that software had a pretty grim future.

Of course I am slightly exaggerating with the example.

But lets not kid ourselves and pretend that fixing pursuits from resetting is the same thing as altering the core mechanics of the game, there are pursuits with counters that DO work, and more then one that dosnt, which means a error in the code should be reasonably easy to spot no mather how messy trions code must be.

Regardless, If they cannot fix something like pursuits within a months time, how long wont it take them to fix more serious issues, or even to introduce new code?

Harnace
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Lower lvl requirement on some co-op missions and contracts surely must be one of the most common issues.. :rolleyes:

Please you're just making fun of yourself.

Wraieth
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I have been supporting this game for awhile now. But i got to say not seeing any improvements in the chat. Or a fix for the resseting pursuit stats. Is pretty rough. I mean theres no mention at all of when or if any new content or dlcs will be released anytime soon.

So the resetting of the few things we have to do while we wait is kinda messed up.Im thinking this is where most of the devs from tor ended up. As this is almost exactly how they handled its launch all the way up to the point it was either go f2p or close the servers.

kjacks05
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
But lets not kid ourselves and pretend that fixing pursuits from resetting is the same thing as altering the core mechanics of the game, there are pursuits with counters that DO work, and more then one that dosnt, which means a error in the code should be reasonably easy to spot no mather how messy trions code must be.
Agreed, I hope that Trion is putting as much effort as possible to solve these issues as they are fairly game altering and the fix itself is likely simple fix. Sometimes the simplest fixes are the hardest to find, although this is not what I am trying to point out.

Instead, what I would like to highlight is that oftentimes what slows down software development is not coding, but rather the processes that surround releasing code into a production environment, especially a production environment as large as this one on multiple platforms. I could imagine that Trion may have already developed the code fix for the pursuit issue, but how quickly we see that fix may depend on a variety of factors.

Galactimus
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I almost wish I didn't see these patch notes. This is a pretty bad joke. How many people need to quit this game before Trion fixes the major problems? Let's take a look at a list of bugs for just a single aspect of the game: Social Interaction.

Blank friends lists, friends invites that fail to send, invisible clan mates on clan list, clan tab that goes blank, clan chat that stops working, clan invites that fail to send, group chat that stops working, clunky chat display, private messages that fail to send, failing to join a friends phase, story missions that don't accept grouping, and now the "contribution nerf."

They could have fixed any one of those things but instead we get "Let's remove one of the runners from the EMC camp so people can't have fun launching their vehicles into the air anymore." You now have one less gamer to worry about.

Good job Trion (^_^)b
/uninstall

Rasczak
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah. I have to agree. That entire thing is Oh-Hum.

Oh! Look! The Frieght Yard PvP map is back! Well whoop-dee-doo! It can be full of PC platform damage hackers too! :mad:

I have been supporting this game for awhile now. But i got to say not seeing any improvements in the chat.

This, too. Still a non-social, near single player game on PC side.

Multigun
05-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Lot of people posting about "priorities of bug fixes not being correct." You do realize they have different teams for different things right? It's not one giant group of people working on fixing 1 bug at a time. Likely, Trion has a team of people who says "we need to get this stuff changed, get to work people on your projects." Then, the smaller bugs and changes get addressed first because, they are easier and that team finished those. Rather then wait until EVERYBODY finishes their project, they release a small patch. It's not like they aren't working on fixing the reload bug or the resetting pursuits at all. They probably have been this entire time.

Runebane
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah. I have to agree. That entire thing is Oh-Hum.

I understand that. There is a lot of stuff I also wish was in the patch notes. But we can't really expect every patch to be huge. And they are obviously just taking the safe and slow route after what happened with the last big patch. Again, its not anything to be excited about, but I don't understand all the hate on it.

Rasczak
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Lot of people posting about "priorities of bug fixes not being correct." You do realize they have different teams for different things right? It's not one giant group of people working on fixing 1 bug at a time. Likely, Trion has a team of people who says "we need to get this stuff changed, get to work people on your projects." Then, the smaller bugs and changes get addressed first because, they are easier and that team finished those. Rather then wait until EVERYBODY finishes their project, they release a small patch. It's not like they aren't working on fixing the reload bug or the resetting pursuits at all. They probably have been this entire time.

Probably. Maybe. Who knows? Not us, their communication is all Maybe, eventually, trust us.

Immortal Kumo
05-01-2013, 02:38 PM
The 2 fixes that i want implemented so far.... and there is only 2 because i just went to start following pursuits and conctracts to up my ego... although there is plenty more to do in the game... the fact is the side mission "dam defense" has not been fixed yet and i would like to complete it... then the last 2 days i have been working on arkfall pursuits and i need the kills well i checked after i did about 6 arkfalls last night the major arkfalls and for some god forsaken reason i was at 948... i finish the arkfall with 98 kills which is over what i needed because i was going for the "1000 kills in major arkfalls". the pursuit did not show it as completed I got back into my goals and bam it got reset to now i have only 22 kills... very disappointed... i think trion is working hard on the issues... but i am saying i can wait for some dlc... because i want the games core to be plenty fixed before we move onto something new... the game will never be totally fixed but either change contracts to something not so hard to get if its a bug thats going to glitch it out when you get close...

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I have been supporting this game for awhile now. But i got to say not seeing any improvements in the chat. Or a fix for the resseting pursuit stats. Is pretty rough. I mean theres no mention at all of when or if any new content or dlcs will be released anytime soon.

So the resetting of the few things we have to do while we wait is kinda messed up.Im thinking this is where most of the devs from tor ended up. As this is almost exactly how they handled its launch all the way up to the point it was either go f2p or close the servers.
Same here. Which is why I don't support them anymore.
I'll trust action before talk. I also take into account inaction.

As for their magic wand talk over the bugs.......it's been quite awhile waiting for results for many of these issues.

Common
05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Actually, they don't. This is an example of one of the pursuits that needs to be fixed because it keeps resetting.

Actually, they do. You are mistaking Contracts for Pursuits.

The Pursuits don't work because they keep resetting.

The Contracts for Echelon do NOT reset, like the contract that requires you to kill 100 people. It keeps counting over many games.

So what he said is exactly right.

pdills12
05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
would've figured the next patch's notes would be a bit meatier. guess not.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
would've figured the next patch's notes would be a bit meatier. guess not.

Yeah, it's definitely disapointing. Although I am glad they put another pvp map in to the list the rest of it is really lowering stuff for trash casuals instead of fixing just about anything, lol. Might of thought for a moment I was back on wow. O_o

Edit..Ok about two things (probably things no one cares about lol) is fixed.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
I'd kinda expected them to fix more important things or even do some more work on the cheating issues before another PVP map.

EvilOps
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM

The reason for the change is Metrics. Plain and very simple. User drop off is around 200 and they assume with more available content, they have a better shot at concurrency.

Sledgehammer70
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Keep in mind this is a smaller server side patch and our team is working to address a lot of known issues. These types of patch will start coming more frequently.

jnt
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM

I imagine most people looked at the calendar and are judging this patch against some promise of a large and very overdue patch.

baelrusk
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
I imagine most people looked at the calendar and are judging this patch against some promise of a large and very overdue patch.
VERY well put.

kjacks05
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
This is helpful info. How frequently will these smaller patches be coming? Can you shed any light on your dev schedule for server patches and client patches?

thejx4
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM

Area chat, team chat, and group chat all work (almost flawlessly) for me now. Team chat definitely needs some work though. Need squads and squad management.

RedStu70
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
nevermind (edit)

Wash
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Curious, how exactly do these fixes, a majority or which only correspond to people under EGO 250, affect everyone?

I'm EGO 1288, my PVP/Arkfall counters still don't work, my friend is EGO 60, his PVP/Arkfall counters still don't work.

Prioritize.

demontrace
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I seriously hope those Project Aegis changes don't mean farming the Hulker there isn't an option anymore. That was one of the things I still found enjoyable about this game, when everything else was getting kinda stale. It was also one of the few things left, where people could all easily tag the Hulker, and receive loot. There wasn't a rush to tag it, because it'd last long enough that pretty much anyone could get credit.

The fast and easy respawn meant less time slogging through tedious battles or tasks, like the San Quentin Hulker. I'll have to wait for the patch to see, but I'm a little aggravated just thinking about them taking away yet one more good thing about the game.

MacDeath
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Most likely 'big patches' will be designated as 1.010, 1.020 etc. hence 1.013 is fine tuning on the 1,010 first big patch. and before anyone asks, 2.000 would be an expansion with 2.010 being the patch that makes the expansion playable.

Metanoiance
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks Trion, for adding this patch and fixing the numerous current bugs in the game such as pursuits resetting, I'm sure I'll enjoy Freight Yard but I won't actually be able to do the pursuits like Observatory and Waterfront. It's about time you fixed the reload glitch, how many times have I got to die because I can't kill an enemy because my ammo count keeps resetting to 0?

Really, what's the point in adding a patch when you haven't fixed the stuff the last patch broke? I can only assume that this patch most probably will break other things in the game, if the last patch is anything to go by. I don't mean to whine, I'm sure you guys are hard at work with these things there's a remedy in the making, just needs to happen a bit faster imo.

+1 from me... I hate the ammo glitch so much... fully reloaded weapon, triggers stealth cloak ...ammo drops to 0, I get killed. So frustrating, especially with a slow reload weapon. Please fix the ammo issue!

Also... what is the point of adding a new PVP map if a big part of the PVP progress does not get saved (resetting pursuits).

Kronic
05-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Every time I see a new update for this game I realize what a joke it's becoming

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:36 PM

umadbro???

knighttwin1
05-01-2013, 04:38 PM
looks good just hope to see the reloading gun bug resolved in the next patch.

Mattias Nilsson
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
+1 from me.

Munx
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
umadbro???

I don't know about him, but yes memadbro!

Booshy
05-01-2013, 04:45 PM

LOL!! Oh sure, that's all I ever heard in chat!! People talking about how they wish they could have qualified for co-op makes at less ego level!! HUGE priority glad you guys took care of that.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I don't know about him, but yes memadbro!

lol a madbro

Darth Haighter
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM

wow, this is really your response after this 90% useless and out of touch patch list is released. seriously the way you guys keep putting out shtako for us to swallow and then joke about how crappy of a job you're doing is getting out of hand

how are any of these issues (except the ammo glitch) important issues you see every day? how bout fixing the chat, how bout making the save the pilgrims from raiders appear just once and in the area you said to find them? how bout adding the non-existent weapon mods into the game? how bout fixing any of the real bugs that detract so much from our overall enjoyment of this rushed game instead of lowering the level for pursuits? jesus Trion, really?

Man With No Name
05-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Great news. Freightyard can't wait.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 04:51 PM
LOL!! Oh sure, that's all I ever heard in chat!! People talking about how they wish they could have qualified for co-op makes at less ego level!! HUGE priority glad you guys took care of that.

lol you too? Much more important than the bugs everyone hates I am sure. Let me guess..wow casuals needed things easier again? ;)

Matala
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Sure would be nice to fix the reloading bugs and last slot perks unequipping. Guess we shouldn't worry about actual game breaking bugs. Maybe they'll sneak in a new runner color or something as well.

In other news, Sega and Gearbox are now in a class action lawsuit over Aliens: Colonial Marines. Keep playing around Trion....

Booshy
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
I've played the launch of quite a few mmo's, and this one has taken the top spot for being the most glacial paced dev team getting things done after a launch I have ever seen. Game launch is when stuff comes out FURIOUSLY - at least from any launch I have been a part of (minus SWTOR). This is literally mind boggling.

Oh well, what do I care. Got my season pass refunded and I'll see you all in Neverwinter.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I've played the launch of quite a few mmo's, and this one has taken the top spot for being the most glacial paced dev team getting things done after a launch I have ever seen. Game launch is when stuff comes out FURIOUSLY - at least from any launch I have been a part of (minus SWTOR). This is literally mind boggling.

Oh well, what do I care. Got my season pass refunded and I'll see you all in Neverwinter.

Until you ragequit that one too. ;)

Rasczak

At this stage, is there any chance the suits at Trion would just pull people off the Rift team temporarily to get this game to where it needs to be, as far as fixes? I'm sorry, but from the consumer end, there is just no indication at all that the current Defiance team is up to the task of handling an MMO.

It's bad, trust me, when to get close friends and family to migrate to Rift last week, and I had to actually spend time convincing them that the Rift team knows their stuff, and the Defiance team is not indicative of what Trion can do.

Daholic
Other than the ones who understand this patch is total BS, how long before we see the "Patch" that everyone has been waiting on?

Its almost unreal, you guys are getting nickel and dimes with patches and you bend over take it and say thank you!

jnt
05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Other than the ones who understand this patch is total BS, how long before we see the "Patch" that everyone has been waiting on?

Its almost unreal, you guys are getting nickel and dimes with patches and you bend over take it and say thank you!

It hasn't been all bad. Having new angry people on the forums is sorta like getting new content.

Darth Haighter
At this stage, is there any chance the suits at Trion would just pull people off the Rift team temporarily to get this game to where it needs to be, as far as fixes? I'm sorry, but from the consumer end, there is just no indication at all that the current Defiance team is up to the task of handling an MMO.

It's bad, trust me, when to get close friends and family to migrate to Rift last week, and I had to actually spend time convincing them that the Rift team knows their stuff, and the Defiance team is not indicative of what Trion can do.

the defiance dev team is a bad joke that just keeps repeating the same, worthless punchline, but apparently think they are a laugh riot and on a roll...

KOLZ
I'll be honest that I like another pvp map, that's good. Two fixes but apparently no one cares about them and the rest is just lowering stuff for garbage casuals...About the best thing is the map, lol.

Schnibbly
05-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I was gonna say, chill out guys we (Ps3 players) just got one patch, now we are getting another, whats the problem?

Then I remembered that our patch was delayed forever.

alienoid
05-01-2013, 05:13 PM
It hasn't been all bad. Having new angry people on the forums is sorta like getting new content.

Very true. Trion could give them all they want + a free flight ticket to Bahamas to compensate, they would still complain anyways. Does complaining about a videogame which, if not fixed tomorrow, will probably starts the end of the world, make them feel they are special / VIP or something ? Really wondering.
Games forums are so much fun to read, could give inifnite material to a shrink to write books ;)

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I was gonna say, chill out guys we (Ps3 players) just got one patch, now we are getting another, whats the problem?

Then I remembered that our patch was delayed forever.

Problem is that the patch is basically trash and about the only good thing is the pvp map being brought back. Guess people want crazy stuff like bugs being fixed. :\

Darth Haighter
05-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Problem is that the patch is basically trash and about the only good thing is the pvp map being brought back. Guess people want crazy stuff like bugs being fixed. :\

crazy right? it is so much to ask for really, we should be ashamed of ourselves

Daholic
05-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Ill tell you whats bad..not having the heart to call it what it is and take a stance! Having people try to sway the undecided by telling them if you dislike the game, stop playing until either:
a) a new patch arrives that has content..
or
b) a new patch arrives that has new content..

you know...anything to keep the population up, isnt that something the devs should be doing???

Pathetic! Supporting a badly designed game by doing the dirty work for Trion. So thats were we are at now right? Buy a game then charge the forums and do all you can to convince everyone that not only have they not played an MMO before, but this is perfectly normal, and we should just squash our nuts waiting on the miracle patch to fix the things that previous patches created hahaha...

EdgeTW
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
The reason for the change is Metrics. Plain and very simple. User drop off is around 200 and they assume with more available content, they have a better shot at concurrency.

I suspect there's something to this.

I actually find some of those changes a bit odd. The first co-op dungeon comes in right when it needs to (in my experience), and from there they all start to pile on too fast. Having some of them show up earlier seems like a strange choice.

A tip for Trion to take or leave: in the future it might help reduce the amount of strange looks you receive on certain out-of-left-field style changes if you briefly explain them in the notes. Something as basic as "We felt it was important to allow players to access certain co-op missions sooner and have reduced the EGO requirements accordingly on the following dungeons.." is really all it takes. Yes, the patch notes themselves get that point across, but sometimes it's better to start off by spelling it out so that (by the time you list the changes) people are prepared to see them.

Shane5484
05-01-2013, 05:33 PM
"These are some of the most common issues we see on daily basis - they seem to affect everyone.
We're not stopping by any means as we're still working on other issues/problems we'll continue to fix things for you folks. We can't wave a magic wand and fix everything instantly. "

Most common issues my ***. This is just insulting to your players. Do you really think we are that stupid. Well maybe we are for believing a word you say and continuing to play this game.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
crazy right? it is so much to ask for really, we should be ashamed of ourselves

lol yeah. I am usually one to annoy random ppl when they are upset or get ridiculous over game stuff like expecting wow amount of content in a game thats a month old because they rushed through the game asap but I got nothing to bother people with on this subject, lol. Patches are usually for fixes and updates not to lower stuff for garbage casuals with most of the patch. Although I am glad to have another pvp map.

Darth Haighter
05-01-2013, 05:47 PM
lol yeah. I am usually one to annoy random ppl when they are upset or get ridiculous over game stuff like expecting wow amount of content in a game thats a month old because they rushed through the game asap but I got nothing to bother people with on this subject, lol. Patches are usually for fixes and updates not to lower stuff for garbage casuals with most of the patch. Although I am glad to have another pvp map.

lol....kinda hard to rush through a game that's only 15 minutes long in content, and only takes a day to finish (not that you were suggesting the opposite at all)...but i feel ya. i've never blown up a forum board like this before, especially with less than positive things to say, but i've never been this disappointed with a game before either. their dev team's tongue-in-cheek responses and with worthless "fixes" that they claim are the most important issues known in the game only makes me more upset and disappointed, and wonder how far Trion's head is up it's butt at the moment, and if they even have/had the ability to make this game work in the first place or even at all

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 05:54 PM
lol....kinda hard to rush through a game that's only 15 minutes long in content, and only takes a day to finish (not that you were suggesting the opposite at all)...but i feel ya. i've never blown up a forum board like this before, especially with less than positive things to say, but i've never been this disappointed with a game before either. their dev team's tongue-in-cheek responses and with worthless "fixes" that they claim are the most important issues known in the game only makes me more upset and disappointed, and wonder how far Trion's head is up it's butt at the moment, and if they even have/had the ability to make this game work in the first place or even at all

Hmm..I have seen worse in swtor and other games. I say give the game more of a chance since it is fun that's why everyone is upset to begin because they want to enjoy the game fully. Let's just hope that at least the next patch has something more useful to the game than making things is easier for garbage casuals. But yeah the most important comment also gave me a good laugh too lol. You gotta try to laugh at somethings long as you're gonna stick with the game.

Darth Haighter
05-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Hmm..I have seen worse in swtor and other games. I say give the game more of a chance since it is fun that's why everyone is upset to begin because they want to enjoy the game fully. Let's just hope that at least the next patch has something more useful to the game than making things is easier for garbage casuals. But yeah the most important comment also gave me a good laugh too lol. You gotta try to laugh at somethings long as you're gonna stick with the game.

no doubt, lol. i feel like bugs bunny a lot when he's doing that laugh/cry all at once. it's a real love/hate relationship right now, and trying to keep positive about the hopes for improvement.

Love the concept - Hate the execution

Rasczak
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM

Look, yeah, the game is fun. Unfortunately, confidence in the team running its development is also a must in the MMO market. Currently, I have lost all confidence in this team. Understand, I come from Rift as well. I know what Trion can do. From the consumer end, this team is performing like a team that couldn't even sustain it at SOE, for crying out loud.

It took DCUO darn near 15 months to get its feet under itself, and you know what happened in those 15 months? They went through 5 Lead Developers like they were candy. Between firing some and others just leaving, they had to keep revamping the Lead and sections of the remaining team (post layoffs) to get the right things in place. Well, as right as things can ever get at SOE, anyway.

I can't speak for the professional experience of the Defiance team, but I can say that compared to Trion's Rift team, these guys are working like people brand new and fresh out of college.

MaSh_MaN94
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Like this?

haha im switching my ps3 on right now and doing this xD

damn! servers are resetting. well i guess that is something to look forward to later on when i play.

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
no doubt, lol. i feel like bugs bunny a lot when he's doing that laugh/cry all at once. it's a real love/hate relationship right now, and trying to keep positive about the hopes for improvement.

Love the concept - Hate the execution

Yeah definitely know what you mean. Unfortunately mmo's have this kind of routine you can say for a while. Mind blowing bugs that take a while to fix and the people always wonder why everyday why aren't they fixed yet. Best advice is to take a break for a bit if the game is too unplayable and if not then try to do something else. Believe me when I saw those patch notes I was like umm...O_o for the most part except the extra map for pvp, lol.

Look, yeah, the game is fun. Unfortunately, confidence in the team running its development is also a must in the MMO market. Currently, I have lost all confidence in this team. Understand, I come from Rift as well. I know what Trion can do. From the consumer end, this team is performing like a team that couldn't even sustain it at SOE, for crying out loud.

It took DCUO darn near 15 months to get its feet under itself, and you know what happened in those 15 months? They went through 5 Lead Developers like they were candy. Between firing some and others just leaving, they had to keep revamping the Lead and sections of the remaining team (post layoffs) to get the right things in place. Well, as right as things can ever get at SOE, anyway.

I can't speak for the professional experience of the Defiance team, but I can say that compared to Trion's Rift team, these guys are working like people brand new and fresh out of college.

lol believe me we all been there. I remember being so damn excited for swtor that I nearly bought the CE edition which I thankfully canceled later on and got the standard, lol. Everyone was like holy **** Bioware is doing this is backed up by EA this (as with every mmo under the sun) is gonna be the wow killer. Then with in an extremely short time that game sunk faster than the titanic due to a trash b team of bioware called bioware austion not the bioware we think from me and so on and then it turned out to use a trash engine that couldn't even handle large scale pvp. Like i said I am usually one to argue with people or annoy them more like it over bashing something if it's too idiotic but on this matter I am just watching or replying. Hopefully the next patch actually does address something more important than dumbinb stuff down for garbage casuals and I am sure somebody will be happy, lol. For me the game is too new and I am too used to mmo's in general to start the bashing the company thing right away. And hey at least it doesn't got a monthly fee and no that is not a good enough reason to leave the game in ruins but I like to look on the bright side if possible. Now say it's 5 months later and we still got these same bugs well that is extremely wrong.

Wtflag
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I too am disappointed that I still can't get my assassin's synergy mod, mod a scope to pistol, complete arkfall kills pursuit etc.

However, I believe hack and cheat cases are down. At least aimbot and invulnerable players stop plaguing every pvp game I join. So they might have been secretly busting their butts fixing those security issues that they can't put into their patch notes.(since they aren't going to admit the game has lax security) Just some food for thought.

Orge Lambart
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Wow that's pretty awesome you finished all the main missions, side missions, rampages, races to gold, pursuits, achievements, getting to level 5000 all in a single day, you sir must be the best defiance player ever. Also you claim to not have rushed through the game but finished all those things, you deserve a high five from me an my man Borat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2Xm2hMVR8

KOLZ
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Wow that's pretty awesome you finished all the main missions, side missions, rampages, races to gold, pursuits, achievements, getting to level 5000 all in a single day, you sir must be the best defiance player ever. Also you claim to not have rushed through the game but finished all those things, you deserve a high five from me an my man Borat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2Xm2hMVR8

lol, now that's funny.

Rasczak
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow that's pretty awesome you finished all the main missions, side missions, rampages, races to gold, pursuits, achievements, getting to level 5000 all in a single day, you sir must be the best defiance player ever.

Ahhh, Rampages, races, et cetera. Yeah, DC Universe Online once thought that type of stuff was core content too. Then again, DC Universe Online went F2P within 11 months of launch (and it was already a ghost town on all but 1 server even before the Sony/SOE hack only a mere 5 months after DCUO's launch).

Well, I suppose it's a good thing Defiance doesn't charge a subscription, then.

RegularX
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM

This game is already so much better in one month than DCUO has ever been.

Rasczak
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
This game is already so much better in one month than DCUO has ever been.

Okay, on that one I would disagree. We are just going to have different opinions on that. :cool:

Wrenito
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Underwhelming patch. No surprise.

QuikFoX3a
05-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Actually, I think you're not familiar with how patches work at least in MMOs.

In your example the next "Big Patch 2.0" would mean a sort of expansion setup, not really a "Big Patch" unless you count changing/revamping the entire basis of Defiance to something "new"/better with much more things to do as a "patch".

Usually before games start tossing out V2.0 (expansion) they have to get all the other versions fixed which in turns breaks down into versions such as V1.0-V1.99. The next "Big Patch" I'd assume would carry the version number of V1.10 which is more then likely going to have the content we're looking for.

BlueLou61
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Yay!

"Old Friends, Old Swords: Added failsafe to fix situations where the mission does not advance"

Now I can move forward with the main missions :)

Schwa
05-02-2013, 03:06 AM
I look forward to claims that the first content patch is the "miracle patch" that will save Defiance. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the supposed client bugfix patch were rolled into the first DLC patch and released at the same time.

Of course, Trion has been known to actually make miracle patches before. But I'd love to see if the Defiance team can make that happen on three platforms at the same time.

alienoid
05-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Actually, I think you're not familiar with how patches work at least in MMOs.

In your example the next "Big Patch 2.0" would mean a sort of expansion setup, not really a "Big Patch" unless you count changing/revamping the entire basis of Defiance to something "new"/better with much more things to do as a "patch".

Usually before games start tossing out V2.0 (expansion) they have to get all the other versions fixed which in turns breaks down into versions such as V1.0-V1.99. The next "Big Patch" I'd assume would carry the version number of V1.10 which is more then likely going to have the content we're looking for.

I'm pretty much familiar with them, I just messed up my numbers, sorry ;) Was a bit upset by the flamewar starting each time devs post something only because it doesn't appeal to each individual. People nowadays ...
My point was what you and another poster pointed out : this is obviously not the next big patch because of its iteration numbers hence not need to complain about it for the OP.

SHaDoWeD_SiN
05-02-2013, 04:26 AM
I agree with a lot of you here, and I got a bit excited that something good would be in this patch... nope. It's mostly just filler with the main focus being on Freight Yard. u_u Awesome.

Youkai Risu
05-02-2013, 04:26 AM
So wait 2 hours for that kind of "small" patch? So much for being able to completely use my 24 hour boosts I bought last night. I hope I get credited with more bits equevant to 2 hours or additional boost time... This is the 2nd time I haven't gotten te full exent of my boosts...

Blackwolfe
05-02-2013, 04:36 AM
They should just change the boosts in-game time, not real time..

Thunderclap
05-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Agreed. /10char

Bushmaster2000
05-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Only thing of value in this patch for experience Defiance gamers is getting that freightyard map back.

IGears
05-02-2013, 05:33 AM
They should just change the boosts in-game time, not real time..

yep agree. i don't see how that could hurt them at all. if anything if they did this i could see people buy more.

Daddums
05-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Did the last few ninja patches (deafening silence from Trion about their content) contain ANYTHING of note? Why the silence about their contents when everyone is hungry for pretty much ANY kind of feedback.

The paltry list of items in this "patch" is truly underwhelming considering the laundry list of very overdue issues that have been known since early beta.

If patches like one came everyday, it would still be a long, long time before the game approaches what Trion promised and what even a B-grade MMO should be.

I wait with baited breath to see how quick these minor hiccups are spaced apart.

Rebellius555
05-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Please Trion fix the PVP pursuits.

Munx
05-02-2013, 05:58 AM

Not a common issue! :rolleyes:

foggyhaze
05-02-2013, 05:59 AM
lol really lowering level requirement for contracts and coop missions giving us back a map we all ready had if anything they should of added a brand new map one we havent seen yet ohwell please devs fix what really matters like such as the bugs in this game or actually adding weather to the game

Harnace
05-02-2013, 06:01 AM

Pfft that's not a common issue, improving driving paths in mount tam is far more important!

Donnyrides
05-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Do any of you work in the software business? Do you have any idea how hard it is to prioritize fixes?
There is so much that goes into the process that it's amazing we see patches as fast as we do. Because with patches comes QA testing. To test EVERY scenario where an issue was broken but patched takes time. There are huge checklists of test that play testers have to run through then they have to get the OK from a management team to be put into the next patch.

To prioritize they take the gamestoppers like the one that held up the progress of the main story. Then they took on an issue with a PVP map that was holding up progress on completing pursuits.

There is a difference between a patch and a content load. You have to understand this. the lay person who is a gamer with no technical background has been conditioned to associate "patch" to "new content" or "huge changes". Think of a patch as something that you put on a pair of pants to fix a hole. You don't get new pants, you just fixed a hole.

When they say "DLC", this is a content load. This is when new functionality will be added. This is the thing you should save all your tears for if you didn't get what you wanted as far as new stuff.

cfStatic
05-02-2013, 06:19 AM
IMHO: No one should be surprised. After the SNAFU that was 1.010, the patch that was supposed to come two weeks later went out the window. I don't think there has been a single mention of it at all. As did the DLC that was supposed to come out two weeks after the second patch. It got turned into Soon™("when it's done").

In fact, why the need for this thread? This isn't a large patch at all. Trion, get your **** together.

shortname
05-02-2013, 06:27 AM

PS3 patch was Sonys faults. What if these changes are the easiest ones they could get pushed though ? I'm happy for this patch, and I thank Trion ( I don't even play PVP , but attention is good attention ) There are plenty of games that ignore us gamers harder then a 4 year old with a toy and being given new toy.

I play Defiance on my PS3 :)

Daddums
05-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Do any of you work in the software business? Do you have any idea how hard it is to prioritize fixes?

Look again at the patch notes.

Really.. give 'em a read (won't take long since it's pathetically short).

Now come back and tell us the attention paid to the non-issues that were fixed was worth even assigning a patch designation.

With the exception of the PvP map- the other "major issues" could have snuck into one of the other ninja patches we've seen.

Facade
05-02-2013, 07:18 AM
PS3 patch was Sonys faults.

They probably BOTH have some blame there. Or do you honestly think that Sony just had a hard on for messing with Trion?

baelrusk
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Ooooh.......at this rate just wait for the miracle patch to make the game really something to spend more than 30 minutes in.

Given how things have been so far, when that patch comes in I'm betting EVERY system crashes. All character data erases. All account data gets erased.

I really wouldn't be surprised now if that happens.

zapfrog
05-02-2013, 07:31 AM
There is so much that goes into the process that it's amazing we see patches as fast as we do. Because with patches comes QA testing. To test EVERY scenario where an issue was broken but patched takes time. There are huge checklists of test that play testers have to run through then they have to get the OK from a management team to be put into the next patch.

To prioritize they take the gamestoppers like the one that held up the progress of the main story. Then they took on an issue with a PVP map that was holding up progress on completing pursuits.

There is a difference between a patch and a content load. You have to understand this. the lay person who is a gamer with no technical background has been conditioned to associate "patch" to "new content" or "huge changes". Think of a patch as something that you put on a pair of pants to fix a hole. You don't get new pants, you just fixed a hole.

When they say "DLC", this is a content load. This is when new functionality will be added. This is the thing you should save all your tears for if you didn't get what you wanted as far as new stuff.

I understand patches take time and approval BUT things like pursuit numbers not tallying since day one of the game making it so pursuits can't be completed is a big problem. I would think this would be a high priorty and I agree with most of the sentiments on here; yay for Freight Yard returning but the rest could've been moved down the list with some other problems being moved up in priority.

pete
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM
I just look at what the game was at launch, full of wonder and adventure. Till server crashed. After it came back up and I got through the server que and in to play again delt with loads of lag, well then my adventure continued, even though I could not change weapons or see the head on my toon. Sure I wanna see the pursuits fixed, new content, and all that snazzy jazz. But, for now I remain appreciative for the major fixes that allow me to slay hell bugs to my hearts desire with out interruption. Fan boy? Sure I am, love this game, and I'll take all they give me in the patches and smile every time I use my ground pounder to make skitterlings into bite sized jerky. Good hunting fellas.

Anderson
05-02-2013, 07:39 AM
I would think this would be a high priorty and I agree with most of the sentiments on here; yay for Freight Yard returning but the rest could've been moved down the list with some other problems being moved up in priority.
I'm guessing that the minor stuff in the patch were things that were not super time or resource intensive to fix so they threw those in too.

If you look at them they're all things where all they had to do was change a number or just remove an object from a map.

The big problems that everyone is upset weren't fixed seem to be far more complex problems with the code that will be far more time consuming to fix. These minor things were all drop in the bucket stuff time wise, so prioritizing them behind the big stuff would have made barely any difference, so they might as well fix them up now so they're not lingering.

This is my totally uninformed guess though.

WBuchanan
05-02-2013, 10:11 AM
bunch of babies, grow up.

duction
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Downloading a patch right now.

Padooka
05-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I just downloaded the patch and it's installing now. :-)

What's odd to me is I also downloaded a patch a few days ago that was about the same size but i never saw any patch notes on what that one did. oh well.... :-)

SlashZaku
05-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Patch is installed, servers still down. Thread/notes say both 1 & 2 hours for duration so which is it?

Facade
05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Patch is installed, servers still down. Thread/notes say both 1 & 2 hours for duration so which is it?

lol, I saw that as well but couldn't ask since he locked the thread.

Hiero Glyph
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Given that it has already been over an hour, I think it is safe to assume the second. Still, the lack of clarity regarding communication from Trion is something that I have learned to expect.

Valkyriaedge
05-02-2013, 10:28 AM
I like how you all getting upset ignored this.

(Old Friends, Old Swords: Added failsafe to fix situations where the mission does not advance)

Yes because fixing a bug where players could don't complete a story quest and advance is CLEARLY not major at all.

duction
05-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Servers up for xbox :)

Don't see any freight yard etc... Guess this wasn't the actual patch hmmmm

jnt
05-02-2013, 10:34 AM

(Old Friends, Old Swords: Added failsafe to fix situations where the mission does not advance)

Yes because fixing a bug where players could don't complete a story quest and advance is CLEARLY not major at all.

Yeah it's nice to see they fixed a bug (that's been in since before release) that completely stops progression through the game's story.

Only took a month. Hot damn!

Sheridans
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Getting really sick at the ps3 version of the game crashing all the time. At arkfalls, after arkfalls and everything in between...

Hope they will fix stability pronto.

Donnyrides
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM

That is exactly what I was trying to say on my page 18 thread message. Agree with you 100%

Munx
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM

It was bugged yes, but still completeable by swapping phases within hours of a restart.

That said this is a issue that should've been hotfixed, not gonna pat them on the back for fixing it 4 weeks into the game.

Duction: when they added dam defense back for a day or so it took a few hours after patch for it to be activated.

Valkyriaedge
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Yeah it's nice to see they fixed a bug (that's been in since before release) that completely stops progression through the game's story.

Only took a month. Hot damn!

Oh look we are trying to be clever here.

jnt
05-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh look we are trying to be clever here.

You have low standards if my post even resembled an attempt at being clever.

TheGreatGarou
05-02-2013, 10:39 AM
For those who are upset about this being a minor patch and not fixing some of the bigger bug issues in the game, flip the perspective a bit. Some of the patch has some huge fixes in it, like the return of the Freight Yard and the fixes to Project Aegis. Also, when dealing with any bug, it's rarely a simple fix. Usually the bug is complex and has to be addressed by dealing with multiple lines of code to not only eliminate the error, but fix it to work as intended.

Smaller patches, like this, are a good thing. They indicate that the dev team is working on the larger. They're addressing game play issues (like the exploit that removed the Freight Yard in the first place, the lowering of Ego requirements for contracts, etc), as well as dealing with the bugs. Fixing it all in smaller installments, is a good thing, in my opinion. Because if they quietly sat back and just dealt with things as a whole, most would be up in arms about the length of time and protracted silences.

Now, undoubtedly I'll be labeled a fanboy for this post. Don't really care, but the truth is, this isn't a fanboy posting. This is a posting to attempt to offer an explanation why some things are fixed and some are yet to be fixed. Small patches as the improvements happen, for me, is a good thing because it assures me that the game is being worked on. I've played far too many where the bugs never got fixed, and huge patches came infrequently, and always seemed to miss the mark.

I enjoy this game, it's a bit mindless, but right now, that's what I enjoy the most about it. Yep, there are huge issues, yep I feel the same frustration as everyone else has voiced, but I am encouraged by the constant work and somewhat constant communication we're receiving. So, I keep playing and enjoying and slowly meeting people and adding to my friends. No, I'm not a fanboy, I'm a pragmatist and realistic about the approach to the fixes. As I said, a little as we go for fixes, lends confidence that the other problems are being addressed and worked on.... for now.

Munx
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I enjoy the game aswell, and don't at all mind that we havn't been given substantial amounts of content yet.

I also don't expect patches that change core mechanics of the game yet, pursuits are a small but highly frustrating bug, I don't see how it could possibly be buried so deep in the code that it should take them 4+ weeks to correct.

Also trying to tell us that the contract stuff aswell as faction vendor stuff is common issues and that is why it was dealt with first, is shtako, in reality those things are not even a real issue.

Like I have said many times before, I absolutely love the game, but trion is so far in no way doing the game justice.

I really don't care if the size of the patch is small, my problem is with insignificant stuff like contracts taking priority.

kjacks05
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Fixing it all in smaller installments, is a good thing, in my opinion. Because if they quietly sat back and just dealt with things as a whole, most would be up in arms about the length of time and protracted silences.
QFT. Not only this, but smaller, more frequent patches are much safer than larger, less frequent patches. Patch 1.010 illustrates this point nicely.

Sogreth
05-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Aside from a single PvP map what looks so good you had to repeat it?

I want hotshot dam defense back already!!

Nytemere503
05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
This question may have been already answered and if so I can't find it, but when is this patch suppose to go into effect for the XBOX? Ive been trying to get on for the past hour with no luck. Thanks.

ZSmokedOut1
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Ooooh.......at this rate just wait for the miracle patch to make the game really something to spend more than 30 minutes in.

I really wouldn't be surprised now if that happens.
Given how things have been so far, when that patch comes in I'm betting EVERY system crashes. All character data erases. All account data gets erased. Lets see YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE BASHING THE GAME SOOOO MUCH..... MAKE ONE BETTER!!!!.... OR JUST MAKE COMPLAINTS ABOUT STUFF THAT NEED FIXING OR GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE LIKE DCUNIVERSE WHICH IS STILL GLITCHY AS HELL.....

dreadi
05-02-2013, 02:04 PM
This question may have been already answered and if so I can't find it, but when is this patch suppose to go into effect for the XBOX? Ive been trying to get on for the past hour with no luck. Thanks.

Server Update: May 2nd 6:00PM PT (1AM GMT, 2AM BST, 3AM Paris) - EU PC, PS3 & Xbox 360
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Stonga
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm glad for once playing on the European servers. If things go horribly wrong with the patches in the US, Trion will most likely fix the bugs before they're applied to the EU servers.

cab0218
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
When will we have a patch that actually does not mess up other things?

Munx
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM

some time this century

Facade
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM

I'm thinking around another month.

baelrusk
05-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking around another month.

You're being a little too optimistic.

Facade
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
You're being a little too optimistic.

I'm sure I am. I would just like to think by that point they will have brought someone in that knows what they are doing if they are still running into these issues by then.

Or they can just run it into the ground and watch as everyone leaves since console gamers are fickle like that.

baelrusk
05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Or they can just run it into the ground and watch as everyone leaves since console gamers are fickle like that.

I'm sure that's what's gonna happen.
And it's PC gamers as well who are suffering.

Thod
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
**** you noob. did you even buy your own copy.

Facade
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm sure that's what's gonna happen.
And it's PC gamers as well who are suffering.

Oh I know. I just think that out of the community if one would deal with it the longest it would be the pc players. Console players will bounce at the next big name game if you don't have a reason for them to stay.

krayzgates
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I want hotshot dam defense back already!!

same...i got it on one of my toons...but my main toon cant even try it...rofl...and its so easy...and i hope they never fix the bug for reservoir chickens...so much easier just throwing a grenade or two and getting a gold...rofl