PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's gameplay been worse since the new patch??

Shadow assasin
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Not having a go like loads of people are (sad...if you don't like it then quit) but ever since the big patch then enemies, people, cars, vendors have been disappearing right in front of me (Very annoying when the electric monarch disappears right in front of you then appears behind you :L ). When I try an talk to people in my group, I can hear them but they cant hear me. And just in general there has been loads more glitches. Is anyone else having this problem? I know there is bound to be problems an Trion will end up sorting them out but is very annoying as i thought this patch would fix it. But yea is this happening for a lot of people??

Irres169
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Not for me it seems better actually. But I am PST and play at night so maybe volume contributes to these issues.

ironcreed
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
- Had a freeze in the middle of a mission loading
- Crosshairs disappear at random, as does the mini-map/radar
- Inventory also disappears at random

Beyond those issues, it seems to run a bit smoother than usual. However, after spending some time with it, I have come to the conclusion that this should have been a free to play title, with extra content that you can buy. It's just too budgety and buggy for a $60.00 release. Especially since it features so many micro-transactions on top of the asking price. Doubt I'll spend any extra on such a messy game, but I am still having fun for what it is.

HINDSIGHT
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't freeze as much but after about 45 minutes it starts getting real laggy and continues to get worse to where I gotta reset. I know your trying though trion so ill be patient

Cricket
05-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I agree... the people keep appearing and disappearing for me too. very odd. not sure if it was patch or some lag... but I showed up at an arkfall last night whith around 20 other on my map, but not a player insight, just vehicles and explodind skitters... was cool actually. then they all *poof* were there....

Shadow assasin
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Yea that's what it been like for me :L Is more annoying me with the headset problem, i can hear everyone but they cant hear me. Its jus like stop ignoring me!!!!.... Oh wait you cant hear me :/ Great (y) lol

Facade
05-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Loading takes an almost absurdly long time now. Like so long that I'm normally about to get up and reset my PS3 because I thought it froze type long.

tenoob
05-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I beat the game, but didn't beat the game.

Got stuck with a Nim that wouldn't die, but wouldn't attack, and wouldn't move either.

I had to abandon quest and leave the mission instance, this game is wayyyyy worse than Lineage 2 was in beta.

Hanzo_the_Razor
05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
The patch fixed quite a bit. I can actually hear people now. The sound drops out for the game occasionally, and the only way to get it back is to restart, but no hard freezes for me since.

Eagle7D8
05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
For me the sound drops out of goes weird like hearing it through a fan. Terrain and objects load in extremely slow. Still no combat music. I've given up playing until the next "patch".

brute
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Not having a go like loads of people are (sad...if you don't like it then quit) but ever since the big patch then enemies, people, cars, vendors have been disappearing right in front of me (Very annoying when the electric monarch disappears right in front of you then appears behind you :L ). When I try an talk to people in my group, I can hear them but they cant hear me. And just in general there has been loads more glitches. Is anyone else having this problem? I know there is bound to be problems an Trion will end up sorting them out but is very annoying as i thought this patch would fix it. But yea is this happening for a lot of people??

mics for me and my clan have been working a lot better might want to check your chat settings.

maverick07
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I've noticed things are a little more choppy. Probably the biggest problem I've had though was for the past two nights in a row the vendors at Muir Processing have been completely gone for me.

ALPHA REB0RN
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Yes mine has been worse...my lag has gotten worse, the changing between the weapons either doesn't happen or causes me not to be able to shoot. Today's patch is giving me fail errors on the download. Now I know this isn't Trion's fault...because I was happy with RIFT o the PC. Leave It To Sony To Slow The Process Of Greatness.

Ferrigno
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
The only issue I still see is a slight delay in opening the menus, but it's loads better than it was pre-patch. Beyond that, though, the game is much smoother for me in general.

Starch
05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Somewhat worse then before the patch.

RegularX
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
I had an entire herd of skitterlings that would not render until I moved back a few spaces. Bad PlanetSide flashbacks there.

Can't say if that's patch related or server related. Overall, the patch has been pretty solid for me - just that one weird instance.

Assasino
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
For sure the patch made things worse i find. I also get people that dissapear, map does not show up, weapons loadouts very slow i must open and close several times at times for it to show up. Only thing for me that seems fixed is i do not get stuck on the loading screen. And really why are some of you still saying it's Sony's fault just like it was for Skyrim (for example), give me a break

beastly101
05-01-2013, 06:09 PM
For me the sound drops out of goes weird like hearing it through a fan. Terrain and objects load in extremely slow. Still no combat music. I've given up playing until the next "patch".

I just noticed your avatar. Legend of the Dragoon? mad props!!

DanBowie
05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
How they ever gonna have time to add new content if they cant even get the game to work right. So sad...........

ghost_ol3a
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes mine has been worse...my lag has gotten worse, the changing between the weapons either doesn't happen or causes me not to be able to shoot. Today's patch is giving me fail errors on the download. Now I know this isn't Trion's fault...because I was happy with RIFT o the PC. Leave It To Sony To Slow The Process Of Greatness.

i had no problems with downloading patch. was done and playing in less then 10 minutes. it does hard freeze more then before patch tho

Shadow assasin
05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
10 mins!!!! whattttt!!!! It took like 45 mins for mine to download the patch :s Dunno why mine took so long now :/

ghost_ol3a
05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
10 mins!!!! whattttt!!!! It took like 45 mins for mine to download the patch :s Dunno why mine took so long now :/

yeah dude like 5 to download and 4 or 5 to install. so maybe it was done and playing in 11 minutes not 10, but still not long at all

Shadow assasin
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Lucky for some :L (y) Oh well least the patch finally came, now we jus need to wait for the patch to fix this patch lol

ghost_ol3a
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
yeah now if could get pass the hard freezes, ill be rolling. to fair i haven't had it freeze up on me since after first wee

TeKbess
05-02-2013, 02:48 AM
The only issue I still see is a slight delay in opening the menus, but it's loads better than it was pre-patch. Beyond that, though, the game is much smoother for me in general.

Salut je suis d'accord avec toi le jeu est plus lisse et le chat vocal a été très bien modifié car avec mon clan on s'entend tous maintenant merci TRION

PS: il y aura toujours des abruti pour ce plaindre alors qu'ils ont juste une mauvaise connection. C'est a cause de gens comme vous que les jeu sont pourri vous êtes jamais content.

et encore Merci TRION

Ribbit
05-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Anyone having problems with reloading? Sometimes my reload animation triggers as many as 3 times causing ridiculous delays between firing and consuming 3 times the ammo. I've been murdered many times due to this. Wondering if anyone else has this problem or a similar one.

Extix666
05-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Not for me it seems better actually. But I am PST and play at night so maybe volume contributes to these issues.

same here i play around 8pm which for alot of people its like 10 or 11 for them and they have school next day lol the patch has made the game better for me and i also think alot of it how long people play for

Extix666
05-02-2013, 05:00 AM
when reloading try not to hit trigger i saw that in a post awhile ago and its worked for me cuz i was always mashing the trigger

Mythos Autarkis
05-02-2013, 05:31 AM
i have noticed more timed out errors than before, but my biggest gripe (and its fairly minor) and the same with a few of my friends is that post patch player name plates are not showing up for some reason. tried toggleing the option on and off a few times with no luck... not realy sure whats goin on there.

Ribbit
05-02-2013, 05:40 AM
when reloading try not to hit trigger i saw that in a post awhile ago and its worked for me cuz i was always mashing the trigger

I thought that might solve the issue so I've been careful not hit the trigger when reloading but it still double or triple reloads sometimes. As you can imagine its super frustrating

Black_Adder_
05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Since the last patch the game runs perfect. And the patch got installed in 10 or less:)

Shadow assasin
05-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Lucky :L took mine ages

sub
05-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I can say that I haven't frozen yet or had a server timeout so, with that said, I most assuredly have jinxed myself. I have had reloading issues when my shield is down my saw tries to reload but doesn't until I switch it out and bring it back in. This has happened a number of times, about 8 in 4 hours. To me this is to frequent.