PDA

View Full Version : Invision a Raid (I have done it) Please read I spent alot of time doing this :(

Secret Squirrel
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM
This what I invision a superdungeon would go.

Your hip hopping and bebopping around waiting for guy number 5 to respec his ego for his intended role... After every has choosen their role in chat they queue for the super dungeon.

Some niffty little cinematics play describing the zone. You and your party fall down a shaft in San Fran. As the dust clears you realize you're in the terraformed earth in what used to be a major downtown San Fran area. The camera pans and you see your in a "geo dome" type area (Like in the show). Suddenly your camera pans around to the left and you realize this is now Hell Bug Central.

The only way to survive this fight is to use tactics and push through the bugs as fast as you can, As you look at the bugs you notice they aren't your ordinary Hell Bugs, they are mutated hell bugs who have done so to protect the "queen". You ego then informs you of a suspected weapons cache in a near by arkfall.

As you migrate towards that area you notice this isn't your average arkfall its a peice of the ships weapons armory.

Scattered along the ground is 10 Super Weapons.... The first two are fist weapons that generate a damage reducing shield around the holder. When you equip this weapon it changes your ego power and adds a couple extra controlable skills to assist in surviability and threat generation.

A few feet away are some other Super Weapons. 6 Different superweapons, A heavy hitting railgun sniper riffle with different damage and CC abilities, An Infector that deals DOT with different infections that have different falloff times. A voltan plasma sword that deals different types of bleed damages and special attacks. A rocket launcher that deals different types of AOE damage and has special munitions to assist with mild stun CC. A new Teraformer Weapon that deals elemental damage by constructing certain objects that smash, impale, and set fire to foes. Both AOE and Point Target.

Finally is a cache of 1 healing weapon and 1 buffing weapon. One ray weapon shields, redirects agro, group heals, and heals over time buffs on certain individuals. The second ray weapon has timed damage intensifier buffs marks targets with an increased damage debuff, A major healing ability and also mild link damage.

As your clan learns the weapons they also try different tactics to eliminate the hellbugs and destroy the "some sort of smart bug".

Along with higher group loot drop rates I think it would be nice to have SPECIAL rewards for finishing the dungeon during given times "Gold/Silver/Bronze" Gold = Epic or chance for Legendary slot item.... Silver and bronze give your green and blue slot items!

Not only do you have to be on your A game but also anyone who fails to attend the raid can be pugged by someone else and since your not limited to one particular job everyone can hold any of the weapons and get any of the skills.

No more waiting on tanks, healers, dps, etc... Anyone can choose anything! However the mark of a GOOD raid is going to be how well these individuals have specialized in these weapons and devised a spec to assist in the slaughter. Maybe have a few massecre quests where you can adjust to the general style of the weapon and different powers so people don't enter scratching their heads, or maybe you just play the "unknown superweapon" card and let the clan figure it out!

Anyway tell me what you guys think. Its a break from the monotomy of the dungeons currently up and also puts a point to being in a defiance clan.

Schwa
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I'd much rather see if Trion can make a 4-man instance that requires a modicum of skill/tactics before worrying if they can handle development of a raid.

Baby steps.

Kraix
05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Envision*

Anyone with even half a brain has already thought about what they COULD have done in terms of a "raid" setting, this isn't a brand new idea. However, it seems as though Trion has no desire to implement a raid or any sense of end-game.

:(

Wadgod
05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Id like to see a like 15-20 man raid but I dont want it to be a few "elite/boss" mobs I want raids in this game to be full blown firefights with like 40+ enemies at a time. This game could have pretty cool raids if thought out right, but Id like to see something a bit more tactical and alot more fighting.

Archangel
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
All raids will fall to a group of players if they just spam VOT Mass launchers in these large waves.

Running 4 mans now if just 3 people use VOT Mass launchers they can easily kill monarchs under 2 mins for the achievement. We also were able to complete the achievement to kill the brain bug on the lost soldiers co-op in under 2 minutes with the VOT Mass launchers.

So please. Let us raid so we can see the sky filled with Mass launcher rounds raining on our enemies! BuHAHAHAHAHAH! (evil sinister laugh)

Archellion
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Not a bad idea. I had a similar thought (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?55969-Roadmap-on-how-to-NOT-NGE-your-community&p=510504&viewfull=1#post510504) myself.

I think Schwa is right, they need to perfect making smaller dungeons more challenging first, but this is a very workable type of raiding for Defiance, in my opinion.

Clarkeh
05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
This idea sounds good but also complicated and Trion has made a point that Defiance is a game that can be easily picked up and put down without straining the brain.

BrassRazoo
05-01-2013, 04:23 PM
A bit more strategy would be good, even with what they have.
No harm in having the 4-Player have to split into two pairs to time a de-activations or something.
Perhaps a Boss where at 50% health you need to do something different.
Also having enemies immune or resistant to explosive rockets or a certain element could make it interesting.

jnt
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Not a bad idea. I had a similar thought (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?55969-Roadmap-on-how-to-NOT-NGE-your-community&p=510504&viewfull=1#post510504) myself.

I think Schwa is right, they need to perfect making smaller dungeons more challenging first, but this is a very workable type of raiding for Defiance, in my opinion.

Absolutely.

Making any of the co op challenging would be more of a priority for me