PDA

View Full Version : No pursuit fixes in the patch tomorow????!

Warlander
05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
There better be more fixes than this, no one cares about those fixes, fix the ****ing game so we can finish what we already have...my god after all my years of gaming this is the most infuriating launch ive ever experienced its like trion turned into a indy company just out of highschool...**** this ****.

Munx
05-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Why fix pursuits? no one cares about them! :rolleyes: (atleast not in the trion offices)

mbergeron
05-01-2013, 12:16 PM
The fixes they do have are pretty important as having freight yard in the game allows that pursuit to be done. Data recorder fix allows another pursuit to be done. The mission fixes allows another pursuit to be done. The contract lowering and fixes allows even more pursuits to be finished so it sounds like they actually are fixing pursuits OP.

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 12:20 PM
The fixes they do have are pretty important as having freight yard in the game allows that pursuit to be done. Data recorder fix allows another pursuit to be done. The mission fixes allows another pursuit to be done. The contract lowering and fixes allows even more pursuits to be finished so it sounds like they actually are fixing pursuits OP.

but but, they are not he pursuit fixes he wants :rolleyes:

Warlander
05-01-2013, 12:21 PM

observetory pursuit doesnt work
waterfront pursuit doesnt work
ark fall pursuits dont work
cerberus pursuits dont work
various other pvp related pursuits dont work
weapon skills dont level in ark falls
and on and on and on oh great they added rail yard, you think those pursuits will work?

mbergeron
05-01-2013, 12:25 PM
observetory pursuit doesnt work
waterfront pursuit doesnt work
ark fall pursuits dont work
cerberus pursuits dont work
various other pvp related pursuits dont work
weapon skills dont level in ark falls
and on and on and on oh great they added rail yard, you think those pursuits will work?

I have no reason to think they won't work since I haven't played Freight yard yet. Only the ark falls and observatory rest for me, but you can get all of them done for observatory in one game and not have to worry about the reset. The pursuits work , but it requires you to do it in one game which sucks at times.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I have no reason to think they won't work since I haven't played Freight yard yet. Only the ark falls and observatory rest for me, but you can get all of them done for observatory in one game and not have to worry about the reset. The pursuits work , but it requires you to do it in one game which sucks at times.

So they don't really work then. There are players that have 2,500 kills from Arkfalls but you cannot claim that the pursuit is working as intended. You might as well say a dead car battery is working since you can jump start it every time you want to drive somewhere.

Munx
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM

1: What do you think the chances are that Freightyard pursuits won't suffer from the same resetting issues that other pursuits?
2: Data recorder pursuit was always finishable, just required a certain lvl.
3: Contracts requirements lowering changes NOTHING.

mbergeron
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
So they don't really work then. There are players that have 2,500 kills from Arkfalls but you cannot claim that the pursuit is working as intended. You might as well say a dead car battery is working since you can jump start it every time you want to drive somewhere.

They do work, but the game does not save the progress on it after you leave the game. The pursuits can be done, but it requires a player to do it in one game which is possible. I never said any of these things were working as intended, but they are working and can be accomplished.

mbergeron
05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
1: What do you think the chances are that Freightyard pursuits won't suffer from the same resetting issues that other pursuits?
2: Data recorder pursuit was always finishable, just required a certain lvl.
3: Contracts requirements lowering changes NOTHING.

The contract level requirements changes how many people can participate in the weekly quest this week and gives newer players a faster chance to enjoy the game and get reputation towards faction weapons.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
They do work, but the game does not save the progress on it after you leave the game. The pursuits can be done, but it requires a player to do it in one game which is possible. I never said any of these things were working as intended, but they are working and can be accomplished.

So you can get 150 kills in a single match of Observatory/Waterfront?

LordRaymond
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
So you can get 150 kills in a single match of Observatory/Waterfront?

Its 25 kills each. But I agree its freaking 99.9% impossible.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Its 25 kills each. But I agree its freaking 99.9% impossible.

Thanks for the correction, I must have confused it with Shadow War's 150.

Fuzzle
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the correction, I must have confused it with Shadow War's 150.

No, you had it right the first time. 150 Team Deathmatch kills means observatory/waterfront for Survival of the Fittest, but it resets after each match. As does the 50 ego power kills for it.

Yun
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Also think they were referring to the fact that the Most Wanted requires a contract to be completed for Paradise, but Paradise contract has not updated to the hellbug one and is from last weeks of Killing Dy'Dekuso.

Runebane
05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Also think they were referring to the fact that the Most Wanted requires a contract to be completed for Paradise, but Paradise contract has not updated to the hellbug one and is from last weeks of Killing Dy'Dekuso.

Not sure about the Most Wanted contest and/or pursuit, but the new episode pursuit they added with the hellbug stuff also requires that missing contract.

twoeyebug
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I believe they are coming out with the fixes as they are fixing them, if they haven't figured out how to fix a particular problem then when why wait to release a patch that has other problems already fixed.

watsbeef
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
mostly its just that the mp and arkfall pursuits that dont work (for me anyway) and its not that they are resetting. its that they are stuck at 0. i even check quickly during mp match and still at 0 (arkfall does reset though) i.e- get 5 rescue kills on x map. after 6 of them it still shows 0. like i said i even checked after i got and still was at 0.

so for you they maybe doable but not everyone :p

Deadpool
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Like many above have stated this patch is good and bad, good that it fixes anything in this game. But bad because its behind on the most needed of fixes.

I hope we all have put in bug reports for this issue, we must bring it to devs attention. Its the #1 reason I don't want to play the game right now. I like the rest of you can not complete the:

"Any Port in a Storm" Score 5 Kills on Waterfront while EGO power is active ( even though I have mostly killed with my cloak on. Record 5 rescue kills on waterfront, also resets.

"Astronomical Assault" gotten to 24 kills in one game, but not 25 even though I have 500 kills in this map alone. But still can't get a total of 25 or 15 assists, 5 Avenger Kills.

Survival of the Fittest II record 150 kills, record 50 EGO kills, we can never reach those amounts until they fix this bug, issue/error.

Trion you want to keep players hooked to your game, but not allowing us to get simple tasks done is going to stop us from logging on, if nothing counts then whats the point of playing.

ItISLupus
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Fixes on that scale are probably gonna have to be in the next milestone patch. 1.020 We, the player base, don't know what are causing the issues. could it be a server issue? Possible, will it be an easy fix? No, because if it were it would already be fixed.

They still have their whole team at work. Do you think all of them are working on the same issue? No, they are all trying to recreate the issues in their test environment before they can even work on fixing the issues.