PDA

View Full Version : Good EGO power for medic style play?

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello,

So, while I play as a sniper in solo, a lot of my friends are wanting to start up with me, and I was wondering what EGO power is best for say.. BMG and Infectors? I'd like to be able to heal my teammates, and have a "DoT" as well. While I understand that BMG's can also damage, I find Infectors to be useful for pesky snipers. (Considering I AM that pesky sniper, and infectors clean me out before I can even spot the guy firing it.)

Among that, roughly what level would I be able to get a BMG and an Infector?

Pyth
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Decoy maybe? Take the pressure off of them while you heal.

Zeal
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Definitely decoy or blur, theres several perks around decoy which aid in reviving, taking less damage whilst reviving etc.

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Decoy maybe? Take the pressure off of them while you heal.
I can understand that, considering mobs don't get too much harder for a good stretch of the game. :S I guess I'd like to do it for sake of just BEING that kinda character. And healing myself after shooting someone up is always handy, I'd imagine.

BootLeg
05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Decoy i like that for a medic thats a good response

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
And around what level do I get a BMG and Infector?

Kronik
05-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Does overcharge boost heals too? That would be tight

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM

I didn't really consider Overcharge, considering a lot of the surrounding points are in regards to explosive kills, and taking less damage when shields break. I think I like the idea of Decoy due to taking up to 30% LESS damage from the back. (In case I'm being shot from behind by a shotgunner or sniper), increased damage resistance during revives, and the health boost too.

RevJynxed
05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
I'll add my vote for decoy. Cloak just drops when you interact with things and is wasted. If you just need a break away to lose your pursuit first then cloak is an option but decoy will help you more for rescues.

RevJynxed
05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
And around what level do I get a BMG and Infector?

You can get them any time. You just need to watch for drops (perks can help with this) or you can buy them from vendors.

AGuyWithNoName
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM

No boost on the healing end of it but it still works for the charge (damage) end. I personally go with Overcharge on my combat medic loadouts and find it quite useful. Nothing like an uninterrupted stream of continuous healing when someone is caught out in the open. Now, I will admit, that I think it works for my playstyle because I like the support role a lot (medium damage output with decent healing potential).

It also helps (if you do insist on using Overcharge) to dedicate some perk slots to the healing perks around the Decoy ego.

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Which vendors sell them? Cause I can find vendors that sell votan shotguns, snipers, and assault rifles. But never found at BMG's or Infectors at a vendor. Or do you mean by luck of the hourly special?

Kronik
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM
darn i would have love thirty percdnt boost to heals

Kronik
05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
sorry typing on my vita

Soobydoo
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Decoy? The skills surrounding it sound like what you're looking for...there's even a skill called 'Combat Medic' :D

Ego Calculator: http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

Good perks for medic style play look like "Combat Medic", "Samaritan", "Self Medicated", "Phoenix Boost", "Lifesaver" etc.

Atticus Batman
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
infectors are all over the place. As for bmgs most are only sold by the faction vendors, who you cant get rep with until you are high enough lvl to do contracts. You do get a bmg after doing one of the main misssions though. I think it's like the fourth or fifth.

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Awesome. Thanks everyone. :)

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Actually, last question. How many perk slots open up come the end?

Because in that EGO calculator provided, I have.. Self-Medicated, Samaritan, Phoenix Boost, Combat Medic, One For All, and Lifesaver.

FattyMcG33
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
infectors are all over the place. As for bmgs most are only sold by the faction vendors, who you cant get rep with until you are high enough lvl to do contracts. You do get a bmg after doing one of the main misssions though. I think it's like the fourth or fifth.

I've seen them in regular vendors, just not often.

FattyMcG33
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Actually, last question. How many perk slots open up come the end?

Because in that EGO calculator provided, I have.. Self-Medicated, Samaritan, Phoenix Boost, Combat Medic, One For All, and Lifesaver.

9 perk slots at ego 4000 I believe.

Aecus Vynn
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
9 perk slots at ego 4000 I believe.

Thank you. :)

Freemason
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I always play a medic role in COOP. Decoy set up and an Overload set up. One for full support and one for combat medic. BMG fully modded and a shotgun with flashbang for full healer so you can take pressure off everyone with decoy, stun groups for 5 seconds with the flashbang, and put buckshot in the faces to get to people. Decoy is also handy with bosses to get to downed group mates so you can teleport to your decoy across the room or get to objectives with it. Spec into anything that prevents damage to you, less damage when reviving group members, faster self revive, revive all group members in 75m when you raise one, less damage when your shield breaks, recharge group shields on your self revive, + Max Health, increase decoy duration, and increase the decoy power to max.

That is my current set up and works wonderfully as a support role. For combat medic, i use overcharge, cluster grenade or incendiary, and an AR if i want to get in and do more damage if the team is handling damage well.