PDA

View Full Version : Well this stinks..

Jack The Bear
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
So I've been trying to play DeFi since a few days before the patch, and I can't.. After about 15 or 20 minutes it hard-locks my PS3. Does it everytime, so i basically can't play.. And that totally sucks. So I'm hoping that Trion can fix this, as it only started happening recently, and only on DeFi to. ;[

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y463/BearJaw/bear-pd_zpsf677af9e.png (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/BearJaw/media/bear-pd_zpsf677af9e.png.html)

tenoob
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
So I've been trying to play DeFi since a few days before the patch, and I can't.. After about 15 or 20 minutes it hard-locks my PS3. Does it everytime, so i basically can't play.. And that totally sucks. So I'm hoping that Trion can fix this, as it only started happening recently, and only on DeFi to. ;[

I've been having the same problem on and off, but if I had it consistently like you do I'd be even more pissed and dissatisfied than I already am.

Whats worse, just wait, some jerk is gonna come in here and tell you to quit complaining for reasons that only make sense to them.

Irres169
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Whats worse, just wait, some jerk is gonna come in here and

Hello /10 char

tenoob
05-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Hello /10 char

Um....okay (don't really know what you are trying to get at).

Jack The Bear
05-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I've been having the same problem on and off, but if I had it consistently like you do I'd be even more pissed and dissatisfied than I already am.

Whats worse, just wait, some jerk is gonna come in here and tell you to quit complaining for reasons that only make sense to them.

Yea, I'm not going to risk messing anything up on my PS3 though, so I'm going to wait it out. And nah, I don't think anyone is going to be coming in here saying that, considering how much i support DeFi, but people are strange. ;]

Um....okay (don't really know what you are trying to get at).

He means he is the jerk, which he isn't hes just lazy as all hell. ;] Aren't you Irres!

Irres169
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I just like to egg angry people on, and yes lazy :)

So wait this started a few days ago? or after the patch?

post pacth my system took an excessively long time from disc inset to the trion screen coming up, I thought it locked up too, but then it finally came up and have not had too much issue post patch except for one unstartable mission (even when I abort and restart, it just won't start).

tenoob
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
He means he is the jerk, which he isn't hes just lazy as all hell. ;] Aren't you Irres!

K, thanks for explaining that to me.

I really hope that issue gets fixed soon, I know how you feel. :(

Jack The Bear
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM

I'd say like thursday last week, that's the last time i remember it being a real problem.

tenoob
05-01-2013, 03:25 PM

I see...

After patch, but it occasionally happened to me during Shadow Wars and Ark raids pre-patch.

RegularX
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Ack, that sucks. This is often not a specific problem with the game, even though the PS3 seems to find that one game that it digs its own grave in. This happened to me with Fallout 3 and it was followed by the YLOD. If you google for just generic game freezing, there's some posts in various corners of the net about backing up your game saves, etc.

The PS3 is a very robust console. Up until the moment it is not.

Jack The Bear
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Ack, that sucks. This is often not a specific problem with the game, even though the PS3 seems to find that one game that it digs its own grave in. This happened to me with Fallout 3 and it was followed by the YLOD. If you google for just generic game freezing, there's some posts in various corners of the net about backing up your game saves, etc.

Normally, and for the most part, i agree with this. I know that everything is alright with my system, however, because this is an MMO. DCUO would crash all the time to on me, the only problem is it didn't hard lock. Everycrash i get on DeFi is a straight up hard-lock, and i wont risk YRoD lol.

GERMiside
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Normally, and for the most part, i agree with this. I know that everything is alright with my system, however, because this is an MMO. DCUO would crash all the time to on me, the only problem is it didn't hard lock. Everycrash i get on DeFi is a straight up hard-lock, and i wont risk YRoD lol.

its not that bad lol :(

Slayer
05-01-2013, 05:00 PM
That sucks. I've had this problem with Defiance as well, but only once every other day or so.

This happened to me with Fallout 3 and it was followed by the YLOD.

That was my experience with New Vegas.

DAWG
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Had the same problem with WET. Used to work fine, then one day I put it in and it just freezes after you hit start on the main screen. The whole system needs to be shut down. Everything else works fine, games, DVD's, and Blu-ray. Could be your PS3 just took a dislike to DeFi for no good reason.

DanBowie
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y463/BearJaw/bear-pd_zpsf677af9e.png (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/BearJaw/media/bear-pd_zpsf677af9e.png.html)

Same issues, tried to play defi today and ps3 kept locking up. Figured why bother. Hey trion..... you shot yourself in the foot coming out in time for the show. People will love the show and hate the game. Good job TRION..........

mnemiki
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Same issues, tried to play defi today and ps3 kept locking up. Figured why bother. Hey trion..... you shot yourself in the foot coming out in time for the show. People will love the show and hate the game. Good job TRION..........

Incoming hater train brace yourself!http://www.roadtoepic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/funny-gifs-trololololol-300x168.gif

FNL4EVA23
05-02-2013, 10:21 AM

post pacth my system took an excessively long time from disc inset to the trion screen coming up, I thought it locked up too, but then it finally came up and have not had too much issue post patch except for one unstartable mission (even when I abort and restart, it just won't start).

Try new ISP? :)...

Cerveau
05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Or blow out your ps3 with come CO2. If its not covered anymore, open the old girl up and reapply some thermal paste. Most lock ups are due to heat.

tenoob
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Or blow out your ps3 with come CO2. If its not covered anymore, open the old girl up and reapply some thermal paste. Most lock ups are due to heat.

I have a launch console, haven't opened it up for years, thanks for the suggestion.