PDA

View Full Version : Where are you? What have you done?

METALPUNKS
05-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I'd like to see where everyone is at with the game. Just list the same info as me.

Ego rating 700
About halfway through first playthrough
Still have every side mission to do
Haven't done any if the hotshots or races
Total time played about 80 hours

I just mainly take my time and do contracts and roadside emergencies. I have a blast just running around.

Zeliska
05-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Just crossed the bridge from Sausalito to San Fran (which was awesome btw...). Have done all side quests (but not all the time trials or rampages) on the way down to SF. Still lots to see and lots to do!

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Ego level 311
Still in Mount Tam area, have a couple of Side missions to do still, but everything else is done
Total time played is 21 Hours

Warlander
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
2503 ego, /played is 10days , im not really anywhere cause theres nothing to do and what there is to do is broken.

Untamed Gunner
05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
For a game with not much to do and is broken 10 days is a lot wouldn't you say ? So you must have done something than stand in front od Demon Ran h for 240 hours

Arsenic_Touch
05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Dabbled in a little pvp, boring because it's cloaks and shotguns and the only way to even get some kills is to cloak and shotgun.
Shadow war is a little better, but still terrible due to the chat system.
Completed all story pursuits(which means I did all of the time trials, rampages and the like and got at least silver in them) and most of the coop pursuits (still have to get some recorders) been through all the coops quite a few times though. Did all the "new" content that they've added as pursuits.
Completed all story missions and side missions and now doing another play through realize how it doesn't really do anything for me.
Sitting at like 1350 ego rating.

Pretty much the only thing left for me is to grind out the remaining pursuits and I have been taking my time with this game. I've spent more time on the forum than I have in game it seems.

Pyth
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
2494 here. Playing through the story again, playing with friends and grinding pursuits. Still have things to keep me busy, but definitely wouldn't mind some additional "content" to be released.

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM
2503 ego, /played is 10days , im not really anywhere cause theres nothing to do and what there is to do is broken.

O.O Dang, that is 8 hours per day you have been playing, if you played since Release.

BJWyler
05-01-2013, 05:13 PM
100+ EGO, just started playing on Monday. In the Mount Tam area (where the S.O.S. side mission is). Doing main and side missions along the way, only tried one time trial challenge, but am a completionist so will it those later. Have done about 7-8 ARKfalls thus far.

Warlander
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
For a game with not much to do and is broken 10 days is a lot wouldn't you say ? So you must have done something than stand in front od Demon Ran h for 240 hours

I stretched out all the content, did a lot of grinding just doing emergencies, by the time i hit around 1500 or so i was out of content, now ive been trying pursuits and leveling weapons, it has the lowest amount of content at release out of any mmo, only one close was star trek online that was pretty bad but i managed a whole month there before running out of things to do.

This is pretty much one of the grindiest games since i played my first korean mmo.

Warlander
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
O.O Dang, that is 8 hours per day you have been playing, if you played since Release.

Pretty much , my job is boring.

Nis085
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
EGO Rating 1237
1/4 through my second playthrough
All Side Quests complete
Somewhere over 50% done with all my Pursuits
Keeping busy with the Pursuits and Co-Op Maps still.

Arsenic_Touch
05-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Keep in mind a lot of people leave their game up and don't sign out, that adds to the time. I may log 8 hours in one day, but I'll probably only play like half of it, if not less and I'm sitting at 1,300 with 9 days played and I've had the game preordered for the pc, so I had the head start.

Warlander
05-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Keep in mind a lot of people leave their game up and don't sign out, that adds to the time. I may log 8 hours in one day, but I'll probably only play like half of it, if not less and I'm sitting at 1,300 with 9 days played and I've had the game preordered for the pc, so I had the head start.

why would anyone leave there game running ? my 10days is ONLY play time :P i really have no life.

METALPUNKS
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
See we do still have plenty of people with plenty to do. Of course the people who played 8hours a day since release have nothing to do. Lol. I'm sure I'd be bored at that point as well. For an average gamer there is plenty of content.

Mostly I really enjoy watching the show and learning about the lore.

alienoid
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Ego rating 1539
At SF Bay Bridge step in main mission
All side missions up there done
Most hotshots and trials done
51/104 season pursuits
4/6 Episode pursuits
Not touching PvP even with a 10 feet pole
Total time played about 260 hours

Arsenic_Touch
05-01-2013, 05:23 PM
why would anyone leave there game running ? my 10days is ONLY play time :P i really have no life.

Maybe not on the console, but it's quite common to leave your pc up. There's no boot feature for idling in game. I've started the game in the morning, left it up and gone to work, come back and started playing again later that night many times.

The first few days I didn't sleep at all and explored everything, did everything I could since I had off work. Then I started playing normally, a few hours here and there.

Pyth
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
EGO Level =/= How much time a person has invested in the game. Nor does time played show exactly how much time has been played. Myself and I'm sure others here basically stay logged into the game, even when not playing it.

And with the easier pursuits, the quick rise in level and skill advancement early on, a person should be able to hit 1500+ fairly quickly. But no two people will advance at the same rate. We're all special snowflakes, everyone of us unique.

Or you know, they just don't have a life. And nothing will ever dispute that in your mind.

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Well that is one sure way that you can't be killed ;)

Mental Riot
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
EGO 2514
Beat the story twice. (Only because I thought second playthrough would open the Side Mission back, wanted to farm Aegis Part 1)
Beat all side missions, rampages, hotshots, races.
Farmed all the kills except Bolt Action.. ugh.
PvP when I feel like raging from Cloak/Shotgun.
Farming pursuits atm. 80/104
Helping friends get there pursuits. Co-op and stuff.
Will be farming Capture and Hold tomorrow.

Done alot, still have alot to do. Unsure of /played. Probably do not want to know.

METALPUNKS
05-01-2013, 06:25 PM
EGO 2514
Beat the story twice. (Only because I thought second playthrough would open the Side Mission back, wanted to farm Aegis Part 1)
Beat all side missions, rampages, hotshots, races.
Farmed all the kills except Bolt Action.. ugh.
PvP when I feel like raging from Cloak/Shotgun.
Farming pursuits atm. 80/104
Helping friends get there pursuits. Co-op and stuff.
Will be farming Capture and Hold tomorrow.

Done alot, still have alot to do. Unsure of /played. Probably do not want to know.

Have a question. What do you mean by farming capture and hold. Also aegis part one. I still have that mission on my map. Please explain.

kingsparxxxx84
05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Ego rating 201. Bought the game Apr 27th played about 15hrs i usually take my time doing road side emergencies and ark fall. Did 5 side missions in mount tam and 1 hotshot today. At work now so once i get off of work back to defiance

KarmaH8
05-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Ego rating 2476
About halfway through sixth playthrough
No side missions left
Haven't done damn defence and that annoying chicken hotsot
Total time played too much

KarmaH8
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Have a question. What do you mean by farming capture and hold. Also aegis part one. I still have that mission on my map. Please explain.

with aegis, its easy to farm xp. and c&h pursuits are hopefully online tomorrow

Mental Riot
05-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Aegis Part 1 spawns numerous Hellbug Mobs. Tons of Skitterlings, Archers, Warriors. Also spawns a Monarch and a Hulker. Hulker is the best for weapon leveling.

Once you kill the mobs/hulker, everything will respawn in about a minute.

Capture and Hold is -suppose- to be back today. So hopefully I can knock out those pursuits.

Schwa
05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
2710ish ego.

What have I done? I've started playing a korean grinder with shooter mechanics. Been playing it for around 700 ego.

I recently resorted to doing the entire storyline with only a BMG in an attempt to find challenge. It's there once in a while, but only if you're using an intentionally stupid loadout.

Garu
05-02-2013, 04:11 AM
2500+ cant remember exact number, 8 days played. Haven't played the game in about 4 days now. I don't really have the urge to play so im not. Other games like WoW, GW2, AoC etc etc kept me logging in everyday because of the people i played the game with. This game is the most co op unfriendly MMO i have ever played and i think for the actual combat being so fun, but unrewarding that there's no need to keep logging in. I can come top of dmg on arkfalls and top on pvp with my current setup of gear and ego traits so i don't need to progress my character anymore, the pvp was a blast for the first few days but got pretty stale when it served no purpose. If we are just talking about shooters here i sunk ungodly amount of time in to Black ops/Modern warfare, BF3 because like defiance the game had fun combat but unlike defiance it actually had reasons to keep playing. I wanted to level up and camo my guns up etc, in defiance there's no reason to pvp.

SHaDoWeD_SiN
05-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Ego Rating 773
Finished Main Story
Finished all Side-Missions
Finished about a quarter of the Pursuits.
Total Play Time: 3 Days

Haven't touched the game in 1-2 weeks though (last time I even logged in to the game was the day after the major patch was released which unfortunately made my experience a bit worse so I logged off after 20 minutes). Also, just feeling like everything is a grind now so I haven't been motivated to jump on or even play. Daily Challenges and boring side things like Hotshot's and Time Trials do not interest me in the slightest unfortunately.