PDA

View Full Version : How Hard Can It Possibly Be For The Developers To Make Arkfalls Vehicle Free?

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I mean seriously, is this really too difficult for them? All the immature preschool posse truck drivers et al are completely ruining this experience. It's ****in pathetic, and each day they're able to still do it, the more join forces to do it. They obviously are too immature to control themselves, so how hard is it to take the control away? Enter an arkfall circle? Your car explodes. Period. They have no business driving around them to begin with. So enough already. Figure out the code, patch it, and let it be a thing of the past. Because trust me Trion, this is ruining the game on so many levels for SO many players, not just me.

ItISLupus
05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
implementation is the problem, how to do it without messing with people doing stuff OTHER than the ark fall is the problem.

someone suggested adding debris to the ark fall zones which is viable. Another saying that arkfalls should disable vehicles when they reach the smaller circles, a good idea but has the same problem that the previous suggestion has. If someone is running a time trial and the arkfall intersects the route. how does one get around screwing other people over?

Runebane
05-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I mean seriously, is this really too difficult for them?

I would imagine its harder than you think. They have to check for unintended consequences. What happens if you are in a race that runs by the arkfall. What happens when an arkfall is by the road? What if players already have vehicles in the area before the arkfall hits. How far to designate the no drive zone. How long can someone be in it before the vehicle goes poof.

Yes all that kind of stuff has answers. But each issue is something they have to look at when coding that kind of stuff. I would imagine that's why its not an easy fix.

Defy
05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
maybe despawn vehicle for anyone approaching the Arkfall

Slay
05-01-2013, 06:24 PM
It isn't a matter of difficulty, they have a team of 150. There's some who think vehicles should be allowed at arkfalls though and this is why it hasn't even been implemented yet though. (I myself included don't think people should be limited to no mobility during arkfalls, I think you can sacrifice your wants for the game freedom of everyone)

Dunnomatic
05-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I actually only have problems with them at the destroy crystal ones, oddly enough are the only ones Ive seen lately without debris lol. I almost wonder if it is or was intentional at some point.

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM
It isn't a matter of difficulty, they have a team of 150. There's some who think vehicles should be allowed at arkfalls though and this is why it hasn't even been implemented yet though. (I myself included don't think people should be limited to no mobility during arkfalls, I think you can sacrifice your wants for the game freedom of everyone)

Screw your freedom. There is zero legitimate reason to need a vehicle inside a small arkfall circle. Not one.

And team of 150 or not, this should be almost priority number one, because there is nothing that makes the game more unpleasant and frustrating to play. I'd rather be kicked off the server twice as often then have to deal with the morons who drive in arkfalls.

Eisberg
05-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Screw your freedom. There is zero legitimate reason to need a vehicle inside a small arkfall circle. Not one.

And team of 150 or not, this should be almost priority number one, because there is nothing that makes the game more unpleasant and frustrating to play. I'd rather be kicked off the server twice as often then have to deal with the morons who drive in arkfalls.

for me it is a "meh" thing, doesn't bother me that much, and consider so many other issues more important. And this might be the general feedback that Trion is getting.

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 06:46 PM
for me it is a "meh" thing, doesn't bother me that much, and consider so many other issues more important. And this might be the general feedback that Trion is getting.

Wish I could be as laid back about it as you. But to be honest, when I'm at arkfalls with these morons I constantly hear multiple people on mics being just as frustrated about them, so I'd imagine that TRION is getting plenty of negative feedback about it.

ItISLupus
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM

I'm sorry? who made you lord regent of the Defiance servers? I hate the lot of them too but I find ways to still manage them. Hint shoot the crystals with an infector if you manage to get a critical each time a bug pops it will be a critical, even if there aren't any spots.

Qei
05-01-2013, 06:55 PM

Yeah? "screw your sanctimonious, <bovine fecal matter> opinion"
Here's a fix:

Every time someone comes onto the forums, posts the SAME things over and over to no end would get a -1000 EGO level boost along with weapons and vehicle skills reset to 1.

Pavlov conditioning, because some folks are tired of folks whining. "boo hoo, people aren't playing the exact way I want them too"

Schwa
05-01-2013, 06:59 PM
If I see another one of these threads tonight, I'm going to spend all evening completing arkfalls in my rollers.

Can't stop me. Muah.

RabMan
05-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I mean seriously, is this really too difficult for them? All the immature preschool posse truck drivers et al are completely ruining this experience. It's ****in pathetic, and each day they're able to still do it, the more join forces to do it. They obviously are too immature to control themselves, so how hard is it to take the control away? Enter an arkfall circle? Your car explodes. Period. They have no business driving around them to begin with. So enough already. Figure out the code, patch it, and let it be a thing of the past. Because trust me Trion, this is ruining the game on so many levels for SO many players, not just me.

Be careful what you wish for or we'll get another no contribution fix and have to run one instance five times to get credit for a measly 10 faction rep. Next you'll be running 400m to each arkfall as your vehicle disappears.

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah? "screw your sanctimonious, <bovine fecal matter> opinion"
Here's a fix:

Every time someone comes onto the forums, posts the SAME things over and over to no end would get a -1000 EGO level boost along with weapons and vehicle skills reset to 1.

Pavlov conditioning, because some folks are tired of folks whining. "boo hoo, people aren't playing the exact way I want them too"

Awww, did I upset you because you're one of the moron arkfall drivers? Seems pretty obvious to me you are. So so sorry about your feelings.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
A vehicle despawn timer would be ideal: it begins counting down when you enter the arkfall area. This would allow racers and players passing through to be unaffected, but any player that remains has their vehicle despawn. While this would not solve the issue entirely, it would at least provide a temporary reprieve from the endless donuts around the crystal/hive.

Wtflag
05-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I use vehicles to get to the ammo point so despawning vehicles is a NO.

The problem is not vehicles per say as most of those do not have infinite HP nor are indestructible mega damage dealing tanks.

The only one with that issue is Cass's truck. So basically the solution should be to disable the truck only at arkfall areas. Or change it so you can't spawn the truck and you have to restart that mission if you somehow got it destroyed or struck.

Solletico
05-01-2013, 07:08 PM
they have a team of 150.
^ and they still cant fix bugs that have been reported weeks ago, only two main bug patches in the latest patch 1.013...

I very much support this thread, I also think the buggies should be removed from shadow war and increase the number of Cerberus instead, 95% of my deaths in shadow war are being run over by kids circling the waypoints because they are too scared to fight, but also the main point of this thread is about arkfalls which I also agree with, not only do they sometimes cause lag, but my main problem with them is in the destroy arkfalls when players (including all too often high levels and those with black chargers) circle the arkfall often putting your focus off but also killing the skitterlings

Qei
05-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Awww, did I upset you because you're one of the moron arkfall drivers? Seems pretty obvious to me you are. So so sorry about your feelings.

Incorrect. I don't go to arkfalls anymore because of all the whining people like YOU do.
Consider suicide.

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I use vehicles to get to the ammo point so despawning vehicles is a NO.

The problem is not vehicles per say as most of those do not have infinite HP nor are indestructible mega damage dealing tanks.

The only one with that issue is Cass's truck. So basically the solution should be to disable the truck only at arkfall areas. Or change it so you can't spawn the truck and you have to restart that mission if you somehow got it destroyed or struck.

OH NOES!!! You would have to walk for ten seconds!!! Probably just like in real life, walking more than a few feet would kill you I guess...

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Incorrect. I don't go to arkfalls anymore because of all the whining people like YOU do.
Consider suicide.

Wow, what a baby...

DejaVooDoo
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Duh. They have more important things to work on. They had to lower the level req for co-ops and contracts. That way we can have more confused people sitting in bugged co-op instances to prevent them from resetting so that more of us can join the bugged co-op instances. (Also to cover for the mind-boggling lack of foresight in making the weekly episode "tie-in" pursuits restricted to players with access to contracts and co-ops.)

EnabrimGFC
05-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Vehicle damage is pro. There's no legitimate reason to remove them form arkfalls. Is it really that annoying when someone nudges a hellbug warrior along with their shiny red pre-order Dodge?

Truthfully, if I was in an arkfall in real life. . . I'd probably ram my car into some hellbug booty all the time.

Wtflag
05-01-2013, 07:26 PM
OH NOES!!! You would have to walk for ten seconds!!! Probably just like in real life, walking more than a few feet would kill you I guess...

OP is immature and has lack of comprehension.

We have already stated at time trials, shadow wars and general convenience will be impacted by total remove of vehicles in the arkfall area.

I have basically agreed that those truck drivers are a problem and provided the best solution, remove only trucks. You are just disagreeing because it isn't YOUR solution, which is to remove every vehicle. Have you actually tried ramming hellbugs with normal vehicles? They don't last long.

Wolfpack602
05-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Why not make the vehicles phase through the enemies?

Turantula
05-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I dont think people realize how much they dont help their case by making threads like these, the more you make a thread " crying" about a glitch, exploit, or whatever pisses you off about a game the more people are going to be enticed to join said cause because they get a kick out of pissing you off. If people start ignoring them and giving them no publicity, they may be inclined to stop doing it. The internet; especially forums are trolls playgrounds only now, or are you still living in the era of dial up when people were just happy to even be online? Lmao

EnabrimGFC
05-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Why not make the vehicles phase through the enemies?

Why? No reason to do that.

IAMREALITY
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I dont think people realize how much they dont help their case by making threads like these, the more you make a thread " crying" about a glitch, exploit, or whatever pisses you off about a game the more people are going to be enticed to join said cause because they get a kick out of pissing you off. If people start ignoring them and giving them no publicity, they may be inclined to stop doing it. The internet; especially forums are trolls playgrounds only now, or are you still living in the era of dial up when people were just happy to even be online? Lmao

More people that do it, the more people will get pissed off. The more pissed they get, the more they complain. The more they complain, the more visible the issue. The more visible the issue, the more likely something will be done about it.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
/inb4lock

WTS> popcorn. 50 scrip per bag.

Dack
05-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Remove collision within the smaller boundaries of Arkfalls. Problem solved.
How we can pass through each other, implement that for vehicles VS enemies.
Wouldn't be that hard.

Hiero Glyph
05-01-2013, 07:43 PM
As noted previously, a vehicle despawn timer would help to alleviate this issue while not affecting racers or players passing through the area. Also, having the crystals target and damage only vehicles could drastically improve the current situation.

Turantula
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
More people that do it, the more people will get pissed off. The more pissed they get, the more they complain. The more they complain, the more visible the issue. The more visible the issue, the more likely something will be done about it.

I get that, I do, but how about complaining about the real issue which is TRION not fixing the scruggin pursuit so people don't have their stats reset for arkfall kills. That gets fixed it will alleviate a lot of vehicle greiving people from having to make thousands of these "wahhh" posts. Not trying to be mean or anything IJS.

cypheon
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM

you're right, there isn't. oh wait your small ark fall spawned on my racing lane and screwed me over. we should remove arkfalls from the game as they are preventing people from earning their gold medals in time trials!

please, grow up, and stop making new threads about this absolute non-issue. and, as you yourself put it, screw your freedom to do an arkfall quickly, if it interferes with me having my own fun, or going where i want to go without having to take detours.

jdolden
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Don't tell me where I can and can't go in my car bro. Now excuse me while I drive my car and squash skitterlings at arkfalls because I can.

Inh1b1ted
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Theres a very simple answer to this which will allow freedom to the players who want to drive and consequence to those who greif.

1 Reduce hitpoints of truck

2 increase vehicle respawn timer to say 3 minutes

3 make skitters do collision damage

With regards to point 2:
Currently I spawn my vehicle whenever i need to go 30 yards seems a bit excessive.
There is no reason to take vehicle health perk in pve.
I have no sense of care to how i treat my ride - no attachment. I want to be ENGAGED!
There has to be a reason to use different vehicle roles.
On topic- peeps Can drive in arkfalls but not sustainably and at the cost of being late to their next destination.

3 lines of code EZ :cool:

ps turn off auto leveling and super arcade grip

SWFTWLF
05-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh lordy you would love having me at an arkfall; I ram my Red Challenger up all kinds of Hellbug butt whenever I get bored of shooting.

SWFTWLF
05-01-2013, 09:30 PM
/inb4lock

WTS> popcorn. 50 scrip per bag.

That's cool, I have my own.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2837510/michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Rizaun
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Is this because of the Crystal + Skitterlings Arkfall?

Sanguinesun
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM

To answer the question of the thread: about as hard as it is for them to add push to talk to the game since its warnings for needing ptt from as far back as january in alpha.

StanleyPain
05-01-2013, 10:22 PM
There's a really easy way to get of vehicles in Arkfalls, and it shouldn't involve messing with the physics or engine.
Firstly, they need to fix the Arkfall kills stat problem where people's Arkfall kills reset to zero after hitting the goal for the Pursuit. Once this is fixed, a lot of people won't care about getting kills up.
Secondly, make it so that Arkfall kills for pursuits or end-of-Arkfall ranking only count if the kills were made outside of a vehicle (in other words, don't count vehicle kills).
Thirdly, make it so that missions that involve unique vehicles despawn the vehicles once you leave a certain area. This wouldn't solve ALL of the problems since many Arkfalls are near areas where these missions take place, but it's absurd that someone can drive one of these unique cars literally anywhere on the map.

Me, personally, I find that vehicles are less of a problem in crystal-destroying Arkfalls than people who stupidly use grenade launchers and cluster grenades on the crystal constantly. However, my issue with vehicles is more the people who are dumb enough to think that the tiny amount of damage you do to Hellbugs by ramming them somehow makes up for a whole bunch of players wailing on a Monarch or something. When you hit the creature with a vehicle, it moves which totally messes up people's aim so you're not helping at all. Yeah, I know, screwing around with vehicles during Arkfalls is goofy fun sometimes, but seriously it gets old.