PDA

View Full Version : Enemy types and good ways of dealing with them.

Beta582
05-01-2013, 07:53 PM
I figured that I would make a guide for how the different enemies in this game fight/maneuver and good ways of dealing with them. Will not talk about Hellions, Matrons, or Progenitors because you just shoot them. I will also not go into details about specific weapons to use because that is not the point of this guide as it will push personal preference into it.

WARNING: SUPER-DENSE WALL-O-TEXT INCOMING!

Non-Elemental Hellbugs:

Skitterlings:
Alone they pose about as much threat as a wet towel. In groups however, they are quite a nuisance and can keep your shields from recharging while other Hellbugs finish you off. Highly effective at preventing you from completing objectives where you must hold the action key. They do also have a ranged attack as well as being able to leap great distances to attack you.
-How to fight: Just shoot or melee them. They have low health and low damage.

Warriors: In short, they are the tanks. They can take a TON of hits because of a massive damage resistance. They do deal a decent amount of damage but their attacks are easily avoided. Weakpoints are their *ahem* rear ends *ahem* and their mouths when they are open. Mouth does considerably more damage.
-How to fight: Fire will make them stand still with their mouth wide open for you. I would recommend using pyro grenades or a fire elemental weapon when fighting them.

Archers: Dangerous if they catch you off guard. Ranged unit whose attack does decent damage and will apply a slowing effect to your character. Deadly in numbers but weak when alone. No damage resistance or weakpoints and fairly low health. Also very mobile.
-How to fight: Try to avoid their attacks if possible and keep the pressure on them. They will die fairly quick.

Blast Pods: Extremely dangerous if they catch you off guard. Usually found in groups. Stationary enemy with fairly high health and no weakpoints. They will also occasionally get a 50% damage resistance on their base-mid section. Often times shoot multiple shots per attack. Attacks do large amounts of damage and apply a slowing effect.
-How to fight: Keep on the look-out for these ones. Stay mobile and take them out fast. Aim for the top.

Monarchs: Boss-type unit on the Hellbugs. High health and high damage dealt with damage resistance. Attacks will stagger or knock down your character. Weakpoints are their undersides and *ahem* rear ends *ahem*.
-How to fight: When they rear up to do their cascading attack, unload into their stomachs. This will cause them to stagger if enough damage is dealt. While staggered, their rear end weakpoint opens up. Alternatively, use explosive weapons (Not grenades) and shoot the ground under them to hit their weakpoint on their stomach.

Raiders:

Blitzers: Grunt unit of the Raiders. Low damage and low health. Armed with SMG and fire in bursts. Like to hop around or just stand still.
-How to fight: Aim for the head or just pump a few rounds into them and they will drop pretty quickly.

Blasters: Rocket armed Raider units. Slow attacks with long travel time and high damage. Will also stagger. Low health and not dangerous when alone. Dangerous in groups however. Low health and like to stand still.
-How to fight: Dodge rockets and aim for the head or just pump a few rounds into them.

Rioters: Slow moving "Tank" unit armed with riot shield and sawed-off shotgun. Useless at range but potentially deadly up close. High damage short range and low health. Shield takes no damage.
-How to fight: Explosives work very nicely against Rioters because if you hit the top portion of their shield with an explosive, it will count as a critical hit. Alternatively, melee them to stagger and shoot them in the face.

Tankers: Boss-type unit. Weakpoints are backpack and face. High health and 100% damage resistance unless shot in the backpack or face (Explosives are exceptions). High damage attacks that have AoE and travel very quickly. Fires in 3-round bursts.
-How to fight: Explosives work nicely because you can hit them anywhere to do damage. When enough damage is dealt, they will crouch and lift their face masks. At this point, get close and unload into their face. when they start to stand back up, retreat and repeat process.

Hulker: Super Boss type unit. UNGODLY health. Extremely high damage. Likes to punch things. Throws bombs. Charges when injured enough.
-How to fight: Keep shooting and avoid attacks. When Hulker falls down, shoot it in the brain.

Mutants:

Cleaver: Simple melee enemy. Low health but high damage. Charges recklessly at you.
-How to fight: Keep them away from you and put as many rounds into them as you can.

Rifleman: Simple ranged enemy. Low health and low damage. Usually keeps distance and fires in bursts.
-How to fight: Aim for the head or just put a few rounds into them.

Shotgunner: Useless at range but deadly up close. Tries to get close before firing. Low health but high damage when close.
-How to fight: Keep at range and aim for the head or just put a few rounds into them.

Minigunner/Grenadier: Boss-type enemy. High health. Grenadiers have very high damage output but it is in bursts. Minigunners have a fairly low damage output but it is constant. Moves slowly and is an easy target to hit.
-How to fight Grenadiers: Avoid their grenades like the plague and keep shooting them and they will eventually fall.
-How to fight Minigunners: You can usually tank them as their attacks to relatively low damage. Keep shooting and they will eventually fall.

99er's

Mad Mattock: Basic unit. Decent shields and low health. Shields will regenerate. Attacks do low damage.
-How to fight: When you bring their shields go down, finish them quickly before they regenerate. Aim for the head.

Smelter: Close range flamethrower unit. Small target with decent shields and low health. Shields will regenerate. Decent damage and attack applies a DoT effect.
-How to fight: Melee to prevent them from torching you and then unload a few rounds into them. Alternatively, bring their shields down and shoot the tank on their back. This will cause them to run around panicking while on fire and eventually explode. Grab popcorn and enjoy the fireworks!

Drones: Support enemy. Low health and no shields. Repairs 99er shields. When no other 99er's are around, they will kamikaze and blow up in your face.
-How to kill: Just shoot or melee them.

Goldrusher: Mini-boss type enemy. Good shields and decent health. When shields are lost, Goldrusher goes into a rage-like mode and begins rapidly regenerating them. They are also likely to begin to melee everything. Melee will stagger your character.
-How to kill: Keep the pressure on these guys and focus fire on them. Try to avoid their melees.

Blacklung: Boss type enemy. High shields and good health. Shields will regenerate. High damage output with grenade launcher. Large target that is easy to hit.
-How to fight: Dodge grenades and keep firing. They will fall eventually.

Scrappers:

Nanite: Suicide unit. Low health with decent damage output. Weak when alone but deadly in groups. Very small target.
-How to fight: Explosive weapons work very well against groups of Nanites.

Mongrel: Weak melee unit. Comparable to Skitterlings. Low health and low damage.
-How to fight: Just shoot or melee them.

Helibot: Ranged unit. Low but constant damage output when deployed. Burst fire when mobile. Weakpoint glows red when deployed.
-How to fight: Keep shooting and when they deploy, aim for the red bits.

Omnivolt: Melee unit. High health with damage resistance. High damage. Large red weakpoint on "Face" and "Power Core" on back. Attacks will stagger or knock down you character.
-How to fight: Keep shooting in the "Face" until Omnivolt slumps forward revealing "Power Core" then unload on the "Power Core".

Forge: Boss type unit. Extremely high health and high damage output. Shoots electric bolts from "Tail" and will jump into the air and slam onto the ground. Slam will knock back your character. Also spawns Nanites. Weakpoints are yellow lights on "Tail" and giant yellow light in front.
-How to fight: Avoid electric bolts and jump when the Forge slams the ground to avoid damage and knock back. Aim for the Weakpoints and always shoot the yellow light at the front when it is revealed.

Dark Matter:

Enforcer: Basic ranged unit. Decent shields and decent health. Shields will regenerate. Decent damage output. Often found in groups. Tend to stay still to shoot.
-How to fight: Keep the pressure on. They will fall eventually. Try to take Enforcers out fast because they like to flank.

Monitor: Defensive unit. Decent shields and low health. Decent damage output. Spawns a shield that blocks incoming damage to protect self and Enforcers. Shield will break if enough damage is done to it. Dark Matter units are able to fire through shield.
-How to fight: When their spawned shield is up, the Monitor is unable to turn around. Flank them and unload into them and they will die quickly. Beware of Enforcers hiding behind it.

Sniper: Cloaked ranged unit. Very dangerous and often never seen until after they fire (Even then not always). Often found in groups or 2 or 3. Recloak after every shot. Low shields and low health. Extremely high damage output. Almost always stand still and located at an elevated position.
-How to fight: Eliminate quickly when found. Will die in only a few shots from anything.

Bulwark: Boss type enemy. Extremely high health and damage output. Has a rocket attack and a "Blue Fire" attack that causes a small area to be set on fire for a short period of time. Weakpoints are the rocket pods on their shoulders when they are open.
-How to fight: Explosive weapons work nicely because you do not need to hit the weakpoints directly to hit them. If enough damage is done, the Bulwark will crouch down and be unable to move or fire for a short period of time.

Miscellaneous:

Explosive Barrels: Low Health. Extremely high damage with a DoT effect.
-How to fight: Avoid being near them. They have killed me more times than anything else so I thought they were worthy of being added to the list! XD.

Yourself: Explosive weapons are very dangerous in your hands. Use caution when approaching.
-How to fight: Aim at ground with explosive weapon. Shoot or throw grenade.

I will update this often as new information becomes available and as new enemy types are added.

I hope this GIANT wall-o-text has helped!

1770 words 0_o

Malachi
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Excellent guide sir! I wish there was some sort of rating system on the forums so I could give you an upvote!

Edit: You should mention one more enemy - Yourself. "Your own grenades: Do not detonate your own grenades while standing on top of them...you WILL die."

Beta582
05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Excellent guide sir! I wish there was some sort of rating system on the forums so I could give you an upvote!

Edit: You should mention one more enemy - Yourself. "Your own grenades: Do not detonate your own grenades while standing on top of them...you WILL die."

Didn't even think about that one. I will add it!

C0d1esel
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I have a better guide and it's much simpler:

Shoot everything.

Beta582
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I have a better guide and it's much simpler:

Shoot everything.

This was meant as a guide on an enemy by enemy basis.

crasher
05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I just read that 99'r info, went back to the game at Muir, made a left out the gate and ran into a 99'r emergency at the bottom of the hill.

2 Blacklungs.

It was worse than single fighting a Monarch.

Thanks for the guide.

Verios44
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice guide. I like it. Pretty straight forward stuff but this should be stickied or something so newer players looking for guides can find it.

Beta582
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Nice guide. I like it. Pretty straight forward stuff but this should be stickied or something so newer players looking for guides can find it.

I did make it for newer people or for people who simply want to know more about the enemies they are fighting.

I can only hope for a sticky :D.

Reeco Suave
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Skitterlings - Mass cannon. Fire that baby straight up in the air and detonate, then roll out of the way = mass kills

Warriors - Ground Pounder. 1 or 2 bombs usually does the trick and will take any warrior in the vicinity with it. super fast super easy.

Monarchs - Ground Pounder Same as above but will take you at least 3 x full clips but again super fast. Ground Pounder has three rounds without any synergy or mods.- It will die in less than 15 seconds even faster with overcharge (only two clips)

Archers - Whatever you want, they die fast enough

Minigunners - Sniper head shots or Frontier/FRC LMG. Practice shoot and roll, shoot and roll

Tankers - Sniper with high damage. Manual bolt snipers takes about 3 shots to the backpack before they sit down and then a few to the face. Should have very low health at that point you can finish it off with a fast firing weapon to the backpack

Blacklungs/goldrushers - Frontier/FRC LMG. Short bursts then roll rinse repeat. If you are skilled enough then a good shotgun up close while maintaining enough distance to be out of melee range but close enough you can run circles around him for full damage. Using Ground Pounder works too if you aren't good at dodging. Sniper head shots is another great way but only if you can land your shots otherwise shield regeneration kicks in.

Forge - A manual bolt sniper is best. High damage gives a high multiplier at the sweet spots. If you are not a fan of snipers then Frontier/FRC LMG

Helibot -Frontier/FRC LMG

Omnivolt - Ground Pounder - LMG will do the trick too

Bulwark - A combo of using a manual sniper to hit the shoulder rocket launchers. 1 shot will shut it down in that sweet spot. Then just go full auto with whatever weapon. Again I prefer Frontier/FRC LMG. It's fast its fun but most of all it makes my privates tingle

Whatever I haven't mentioned is because they shouldn't really need any special attention. The above is a very fast way of killing, not necessarily the most fun

Oh and if you want to be on the top three list often number one in Arkfalls and nr 1 in instances if you care about stuff like that, then equip two Frontier/FRC LMGs with expanded magazines + overcharge. You WILL attract the attention of the Hellion this way so be prepared to dodge

Beta582
05-01-2013, 09:48 PM
I was keeping specific weapons out of it because everyone has their own personal preferences in weapons. This is more of a guide for weakpoints and strategies for eliminating enemies.

Reeco Suave
05-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I was keeping specific weapons out of it because everyone has their own personal preferences in weapons. This is more of a guide for weakpoints and strategies for eliminating enemies.

It's to compliment not to take over. My add to it is if you want to do things fast and effecient. Not the most fun. People could and should do it how they want

3rdpig
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for doing this, every bit of info we can put together will make the game more playable for everyone, but specially for new or casual players.

Beta582
05-01-2013, 10:05 PM
It's to compliment not to take over. My add to it is if you want to do things fast and effecient. Not the most fun. People could and should do it how they want

I was not criticizing or trying to defend my post. Just stating that I was trying to keep personal preference out of the guide.

My apologies if it was interpreted differently.

Beta582
05-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Updated orriginal post with information that I forgot to add (Blast pod damage resistance on base-mid section) as well as reformatted to make finding enemy types easier.

Will also add a section on the Elemental Hellbugs if they are indeed here to stay (I hope so!) as well as enemy types that will be released as DLC (Volge for example).

Enjoy!:cool:

ironhands
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
This was meant as a guide on an enemy by enemy basis.

mutants: shoot them
99ers: shoot them
hellbugs: shoot them
dark matter: shoot them more
scrappers: shoot them

Dwane
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Short universal version:
1 / shoot at bright yellow/orange part
2 / if such part isnt present, shoot at head

ironhands
05-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Short universal version:
1 / shoot at bright yellow/orange part
2 / if such part isnt present, shoot at head

the shiny thing?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UulNenJMRGE

Tgreen
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Nicely written, especially the miscellaneous mob types. We Arkhunters are truly the most dangerous of all!

I hope you don't mind me making some remarks on a few particular enemies that might be good to know as well:

Goldrushers - especially for the elite version with the reduced critical hit zone - extend their head and stay still when they charge up their regeneration giving you a good opportunity to take them out.

When you're kinting around Blacklungs move to your right, their head a lot easier to hit this way.

You can push Forges backward if you stay close to them, but have to be careful not to step into the Nanites.

Nanites, once armed, will explode after a certain amount of time destoying themselves ... making your dodge roll a viable option for mass nanite destruction.

Monitors and multiple Enforcers bunched up behind the shield make wonderful targets for explosive weapons. When a Monitor is alone you don't have to run all the way around him, you can walk or roll through the shield.

Bulkwarks can't shoot their rocket salvo when the rocket pods are deactivated. My personal choice on how to setup loadouts is a pistol and either VBI AR, SAW or Ground Pounder to get the best mix of high critical and normal damage and this proves especially handy when dealing with Bulkwarks.

And those Barrels! I don't think I blew myself up with them while shooting, but driving into one with your vehicle deals damage to you and not your car (just like turrets), turning your car into a furnace of death.

Monarchs:
When they rear up and don't look slip them some GHB. This will cause them to stagger if enough damage is dealt. While staggered, their rear end weakpoint opens up.

Your choice of words ... I blame you for thinking this. -.-

/edit:
SAW for weakspots. Best tip ever.

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
I figured that I would make a guide for how the different enemies in this game fight/maneuver and good ways of dealing with them. Will not talk about Hellions or Matrons because you just shoot them.

WARNING: SUPER-DENSE WALL-O-TEXT INCOMING!

Non-Elemental Hellbugs:

Skitterlings:
Alone they pose about as much threat as a wet towel. In groups however, they are quite a nuisance and can keep your shields from recharging while other Hellbugs finish you off. Highly effective at preventing you from completing objectives where you must hold the action key. They do also have a ranged attack as well as being able to leap great distances to attack you.

Warriors: In short, they are the tanks. They can take a TON of hits because of a massive damage resistance. They do deal a decent amount of damage but their attacks are easily avoided. Weakpoints are their *ahem* rear ends *ahem* and their mouths when they are open. Mouth does considerably more damage.
-How to fight: Fire will make them stand still with their mouth wide open for you. I would recommend using pyro grenades or a fire elemental weapon when fighting them.

Archers: Dangerous if they catch you off guard. Ranged unit whose attack does decent damage and will apply a slowing effect to your character. Deadly in numbers but weak when alone. No damage resistance or weakpoints and fairly low health. Also very mobile.
-How to fight: Try to avoid their attacks if possible and keep the pressure on them. They will die fairly quick.

Blast Pods: Extremely dangerous if they catch you off guard. Usually found in groups. Stationary enemy with fairly high health and no weakpoints. They will also occasionally get a 50% dame resistance one their base-mid section. Often times shoot multiple shots per attack. Attacks do large amounts of damage and apply a slowing effect.
-How to fight: Keep on the look-out for these ones. Stay mobile and take them out fast. Aim for the top.

Monarchs: Boss-type unit on the Hellbugs. High health and high damage dealt with damage resistance. Attacks will stagger or knock down your character. Weakpoints are their undersides and *ahem* rear ends *ahem*.
-How to fight: When they rear up to do their cascading attack, unload into their stomachs. This will cause them to stagger if enough damage is dealt. While staggered, their rear end weakpoint opens up. Alternatively, use explosive weapons (Not grenades) and shoot the ground under them to hit their weakpoint on their stomach.

Raiders:

Blitzers: Grunt unit of the Raiders. Low damage and low health. Armed with SMG and fire in bursts. Like to hop around or just stand still.
-How to fight: Aim for the head or just pump a few rounds into them and they will drop pretty quickly.

Blasters: Rocket armed Raider units. Slow attacks with long travel time and high damage. Will also stagger. Low health and not dangerous when alone. Dangerous in groups however. Low health and like to stand still.
-How to fight: Dodge rockets and aim for the head or just pump a few rounds into them.

Rioters: Slow moving "Tank" unit armed with riot shield and sawed-off shotgun. Useless at range but potentially deadly up close. High damage short range and low health. Shield takes no damage.
-How to fight: Explosives work very nicely against Rioters because if you hit the top portion of their shield with an explosive, it will count as a critical hit. Alternatively, melee them to stagger and shoot them in the face.

Tankers: Boss-type unit. Weakpoints are backpack and face. High health and 100% damage resistance unless shot in the backpack or face (Explosives are exceptions). High damage attacks that have AoE and travel very quickly. Fires in 3-round bursts.
-How to fight: Explosives work nicely because you can hit them anywhere to do damage. When enough damage is dealt, they will crouch and lift their face masks. At this point, get close and unload into their face. when they start to stand back up, retreat and repeat process.

Hulker: Super Boss type unit. UNGODLY health. Extremely high damage. Likes to punch things. Throws bombs. Charges when injured enough.
-How to fight: Keep shooting and avoid attacks. When Hulker falls down, shoot it in the brain.

Mutants:

Cleaver: Simple melee enemy. Low health but high damage. Charges recklessly at you.
-How to fight: Keep them away from you and put as many rounds into them as you can.

Rifleman: Simple ranged enemy. Low health and low damage. Usually keeps distance and fires in bursts.
-How to fight: Aim for the head or just put a few rounds into them.

Shotgunner: Useless at range but deadly up close. Tries to get close before firing. Low health but high damage when close.
-How to fight: Keep at range and aim for the head or just put a few rounds into them.

Minigunner/Grenadier: Boss-type enemy. High health. Grenadiers have very high damage output but it is in bursts. Minigunners have a fairly low damage output but it is constant. Moves slowly and is an easy target to hit.
-How to fight Grenadiers: Avoid their grenades like the plague and keep shooting them and they will eventually fall.
-How to fight Minigunners: You can usually tank them as their attacks to relatively low damage. Keep shooting and they will eventually fall.

99er's

Mad Mattock: Basic unit. Decent shields and low health. Shields will regenerate. Attacks do low damage.
-How to fight: When you bring their shields go down, finish them quickly before they regenerate. Aim for the head.

Smelter: Close range flamethrower unit. Small target with decent shields and low health. Shields will regenerate. Decent damage and attack applies a DoT effect.
-How to fight: Melee to prevent them from torching you and then unload a few rounds into them. Alternatively, bring their shields down and shoot the tank on their back. This will cause them to run around panicking while on fire and eventually explode. Grab popcorn and enjoy the fireworks!

Drones: Support enemy. Low health and no shields. Repairs 99er shields. When no other 99er's are around, they will kamikaze and blow up in your face.
-How to kill: Just shoot or melee them.

Goldrusher: Mini-boss type enemy. Good shields and decent health. When shields are lost, Goldrusher goes into a rage-like mode and begins rapidly regenerating them. They are also likely to begin to melee everything. Melee will stagger your character.
-How to kill: Keep the pressure on these guys and focus fire on them. Try to avoid their melees.

Blacklung: Boss type enemy. High shields and good health. Shields will regenerate. High damage output with grenade launcher. Large target that is easy to hit.
-How to fight: Dodge grenades and keep firing. They will fall eventually.

Scrappers:

Nanite: Suicide unit. Low health with decent damage output. Weak when alone but deadly in groups. Very small target.
-How to fight: Explosive weapons work very well against groups of Nanites.

Mongrel: Weak melee unit. Comparable to Skitterlings. Low health and low damage.
-How to fight: Just shoot or melee them.

Helibot: Ranged unit. Low but constant damage output when deployed. Burst fire when mobile. Weakpoint glows red when deployed.
-How to fight: Keep shooting and when they deploy, aim for the red bits.

Omnivolt: Melee unit. High health with damage resistance. High damage. Large red weakpoint on "Face" and "Power Core" on back. Attacks will stagger or knock down you character.
-How to fight: Keep shooting in the "Face" until Omnivolt slumps forward revealing "Power Core" then unload on the "Power Core".

Forge: Boss type unit. Extremely high health and high damage output. Shoots electric bolts from "Tail" and will jump into the air and slam onto the ground. Slam will knock back your character. Also spawns Nanites. Weakpoints are yellow lights on "Tail" and giant yellow light in front.
-How to fight: Avoid electric bolts and jump when the Forge slams the ground to avoid damage and knock back. Aim for the Weakpoints and always shoot the yellow light at the front when it is revealed.

Dark Matter:

Enforcer: Basic ranged unit. Decent shields and decent health. Shields will regenerate. Decent damage output. Often found in groups. Tend to stay still to shoot.
-How to fight: Keep the pressure on. They will fall eventually. Try to take Enforcers out fast because they like to flank.

Monitor: Defensive unit. Decent shields and low health. Decent damage output. Spawns a shield that blocks incoming damage to protect self and Enforcers. Shield will break if enough damage is done to it. Dark Matter units are able to fire through shield.
-How to fight: When their spawned shield is up, the Monitor is unable to turn around. Flank them and unload into them and they will die quickly. Beware of Enforcers hiding behind it.

Sniper: Cloaked ranged unit. Very dangerous and often never seen until after they fire (Even then not always). Often found in groups or 2 or 3. Recloak after every shot. Low shields and low health. Extremely high damage output. Almost always stand still and located at an elevated position.
-How to fight: Eliminate quickly when found. Will die in only a few shots from anything.

Bulwark: Boss type enemy. Extremely high health and damage output. Has a rocket attack and a "Blue Fire" attack that causes a small area to be set on fire for a short period of time. Weakpoints are the rocket pods when they are open.
-How to fight: Explosive weapons work nicely because you do not need to hit the weakpoints directly to hit them. If enough damage is done, the Bulwark will crouch down and be unable to move or fire for a short period of time.

Miscellaneous:

-How to fight: Avoid being near them. They have killed me more times than anything else so I thought they were worthy of being added to the list! XD.

Yourself: Explosive weapons are very dangerous in your hands. Use caution when approaching.
-How to fight: Aim at ground with explosive weapon. Shoot or throw grenade.

I hope this GIANT wall-o-text has helped!

1705 words 0_o

awesome guide, thanks. you should be getting this sticky posted or something. but 1 thing...what type of elemental dmg for each - but amazing non the less.

Tgreen
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Please ask yourself, did you have to quote the whole post just to add two lines of text?

Yes, I didn't think so either.

For your question ... other than the special interaction between Hellbug Warrios & incendiary bullets (which is mentioned in the post), there is nothing specific to note. Nano effect types should be chosen in regard of what type of weapon they enhance and whether you're solo or doing group content.

Indolo
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM

You should add that barrels will hurt your teammates if they're standing next to them and you shoot them. Teammate almost killed me in coop by dropping my shields and setting me on fire right after I got the attention of 4 raiders.

Tgreen
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
That might have been not a coicidence.

Barrels are awsome ... 101 is expecially nice. ;>

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
the one stop shop of info got theirs sticky posted, so yah this should be able to as long as a monitor sees it

LtRobbiesan
05-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Excellent guide mango! Thanks to others with tips too. Mass Canon and Ground Pounder, I usually salvage those, but will now give em a try.

OrpheusXI
05-02-2013, 09:19 AM
This forum needs a "Thanks" button.

Inflicting MHz
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Non-Elemental Hellbugs:

Skitterlings:

Warriors: In short, they are the tanks. They can take a TON of hits because of a massive damage resistance. They do deal a decent amount of damage but their attacks are easily avoided. Weak points are their *ahem* rear ends *ahem* and their mouths when they are open. Mouth does considerably more damage.

Archers: Dangerous if they catch you off guard. Ranged unit whose attack does decent damage and will apply a slowing effect to your character. Deadly in numbers but weak when alone. No damage resistance or weak points and fairly low health. Also very mobile.

Blast Pods: Extremely dangerous if they catch you off guard. Usually found in groups. Stationary enemy with fairly high health and no weak points. They will also occasionally get a 50% dame resistance one their base-mid section. Often times shoot multiple shots per attack. Attacks do large amounts of damage and apply a slowing effect.

-How to fight: When they rear up to do their cascading attack, unload into their stomachs. This will cause them to stagger if enough damage is dealt. While staggered, their rear end weak point opens up. Alternatively, use explosive weapons (Not grenades) and shoot the ground under them to hit their weak point on their stomach.

Great start, but a few suggestions/alterations...
Skitterlings: Easy way to combat is to slowly walk backwards. They will jump to where you were (which is now the ground right in front of you), and you take no damage. Its a lot more effective than trying to be a stationary turret tracking their movement.

Archers and Blastpods: Always prioritize these first, as they do a lot of damage and give you "poop shoes". "Poop shoes" will slow you down and make you do half damage to everything. These enemies do not have specific spots that are more or less armored. If you are doing less damage it is because you didn't dodge their attack and now have poop shoes.
The key to fighting them is to side strafe, preferably close to them, so they can't hit you.
Dodge (default left alt key + WASD) a few times to get rid of poop shoes (as well as other bad effects like fire)

Monarchs: Good advice, but their vulnerable underbelly is only vulnerable when they are rearing up or have their butt exposed. If you are ammo conscious, then its best to wait until they rear up, or follow them after they roll. Keep moving to avoid most of their attacks.

Hellbugs in general are easily combated by moving a lot (and shooting them). Unlike other enemies, you could easily fight thousands of them, just by constantly moving. Cover becomes a liability if it blocks your movement. As you move, warriors and skitterlings tend to group up, making it a prime time to use explosives.

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Please ask yourself, did you have to quote the whole post just to add two lines of text?
Yes, I didn't think so either.
For your question ... other than the special interaction between Hellbug Warrios & incendiary bullets (which is mentioned in the post), there is nothing specific to note. Nano effect types should be chosen in regard of what type of weapon they enhance and whether you're solo or doing group content.
an to let you know, I dont know how to reply with quotes broken up. so thanks

Ryme
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Monarch's different attacks and tactics are as follows:

1) Melee double swipe with front claws. => Dodge.

2) Melee upward comp with mouth. => Dodge or shoot the belly when it raises its head.

3) Melee single downward thrust with front claw. Claw will become stuck in the ground, flaring rear flaps => Shoot the butt.

4) Rolling charge. Dazes Monarch, flaring rear flaps => Shoot the butt.

5) Double claw slam column attack. Rising on its hind legs exposing its underside => Shoot the belly.

The thing about Monarchs is that they do seem to scale in difficulty depending on how many other people are around. If you are by yourself, about 2000 ~3000 damage during attack #5 will interrupt and stun the Monarch, dropping it into a dazed state like the end of the attack #4. This lets you easily chain several vulnerable states on it.

If there are other people around, attack #5 will be harder to interrupt on your own and will likely require coordination (good luck) between players to interrupt.

The jist of it is that Monarchs are much easier to solo than with other people.

Side note: I can't figure out a tactic against Elite Goldrush 99ers, if anyone's got one.

Tgreen
05-02-2013, 09:54 AM
You have to deal a certain percentage based amount of damage to his belly. And mob health does scale a lot more than people actually shooting, let alone hitting, his belly. I just take out my Ground Pounder and start the fireworks ... I know, this doesn't help interrupting his attack either, but that terrible terrible damage is too good to be true. : P

ps: Goldrusher elites, know that the only difference is a smaller critical hit zone & you have to be in front of the mob.

pps: Quotes become part of your text and you can edit them in the reply text field without restrictions. When referencing the entire OP a quote usually is redundant.

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
got yah, I really didnt know. but still dont truly know how I can reply to the OP to let them know I am talking to them..so I will learn

Xynnvincible
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Skitterlings:
Alone they pose about as much threat as a wet towel.

If it's one of those Martha Stewart ones they can be a beast.

Beta582
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
got yah, I really didnt know. but still dont truly know how I can reply to the OP to let them know I am talking to them..so I will learn

When you see[ QUOTE=_Username_;###### ] you can edit what is after that to quote specific things directly.

If it's one of those Martha Stewart ones they can be a beast.

I added a few things like that in it to keep myself and the readers entertained! :cool:

Xynnvincible
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Bulwark weakpoints are the yellow boxes on their shoulders.

Beta582
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Bulwark weakpoints are the yellow boxes on their shoulders.

I will be constantly updating the original post to add/edit information and to more clearly specify things like this. It took me 3 hours to type it up and to double check that all of the information is accurate so there may be a few mistakes here and there. As the community points them out, I am making an effort to correct them! :cool:

Rah
05-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Since someone was asking about damage types, I thought I'd add some of what I'd noticed to the pile.

Most of the damage types are relatively the same between enemies. An exception is elemental hellbugs which are immune to their altered damage type (but all hellbugs can be affected by poopshoes).

Poopshoes doesn't slow actual bosses, but the damage reduction can be great for any encounter.

Weakness is great when you have a group as well, that way everyone does more damage when it procs.

Syphon does a few hundred extra damage when it procs and gives that to you as shields or health. It can be very helpful when you are running around taking frequent damage so long as you're not dying too quickly. I had originally thought of this as a pvp damage type, but when you're dying within two seconds of first taking damage, it's relatively worthless.

Stun does a very weak dot but doesn't stun actual bosses. When it does proc, the monster twitches making a critical shot harder without an explosion. Basically gives a short reprieve when it procs, but not much else.

Acid - I hadn't even seen this until I recently hit 1500 ego, so I haven't had the chance to play with it.

Fire - this one is really great in both performance, and how much extra coding is added into behavior for some mobs on fire. It adds a DoT which rolls, even against heavily immune creatures like tankers. This may not be particularly impressive against most enemies with shields, but human raiders and human sized mutants become useless when on fire, occasionally rolling around, screaming. Rioters become insane, charging in a random direction, doing heavy damage to anything (even other raiders) in their way. Smelter 99ers similarly run around screaming while on fire (like hitting them in the jet pack), sometimes exploding if they run into a player or mob. The effects of fire makes having incendiary grenades, rockets, or detonators, and flare guns useful to have at least one of. As unlikely a weapon as the flare gun appears on the compare screen, it makes soloing a tanker very easy (having a higher than 1 mag, like the north star variant is a huge plus, though). Run circles around it hitting it with flares, and after a short time he kneels to where you LMG his face off. Of the damage types I've played with (so not counting acid), this is the most damaging effect/proc I've seen when the DoT has a chance to resolve.

HellOnOrion
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
wait... people need guides on how to deal with the insanely easy pve fights? ......... wow.......

Rah
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
wait... people need guides on how to deal with the insanely easy pve fights? ......... wow.......

Think about it for a few seconds. If you're calling this insanely easy pve, then you have considerable experience in online games. Guides are written for people who don't know... i.e. newbies; people that don't have your or my experience. Also, the default selection for show numbers is off, making solo fights against tankers or rioters an extremely steep learning curve for a beginner, as they don't know their shots are almost all being wasted, unless they're using explosives/flares.

And that should probably be the number one detail of any guide: instructions to turn show numbers to on. That right there will help most people's learning curves. Insults to beginners never belong in a guide, no matter how much you think other people should know.