PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the remainder of the Defiance season

Orge Lambart
05-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Yep, looking at the IMDB episode titles and cash listings here goes my predictions on what will happen in the remainder of the show.

Quentin McCawley will be kidnapped or murdered by Datak Tarr in Episode 8, the title of that episode is Goodbye Blue sky. I am led to believe this because the actor playing Quentin is slated to be in 8 Episodes according to IMDB (which sucks as a source but whatever I'm using it as my basis) Also Datak and Stahma have made no secrets to their plan to knock off the McCawley males.

Looking further on down the line to the 11th episode you have the title The bride wears black. The only couple which makes sense to have a wedding would be Alak and Christy. Wearing black leads me to believe the wedding quickly turns into a funeral. Now Christy is slated to be in 11 episodes which coincides with The bride wears black.

Rafe is listed as being in all 13 episodes this season so she wouldn't be wearing black for his funeral. This leads me to believe that Quentin dies, she finds out the Tarr's are behind the death and leaves for San Francisco.

I won't get into the rest of the season as I know IMDB is a horrible source for television show credits. They only have Rynn listed as 2 Episodes , when she clearly needs to be in atleast one more, which will show her escape or release from lock up.

So anyway, what do people think about my predictions?

Orge Lambart
05-02-2013, 11:54 AM
no responses makes me a sad panda.... after I did all that thinking, and looking and tried to put together a decent prediction for the future.

Predator
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
no responses makes me a sad panda.... after I did all that thinking, and looking and tried to put together a decent prediction for the future.

Haha, for your well-being I respond:

Interesting predictions, I am curious If all or some of your forecasts are right. I think they could all apply.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Jthreau
05-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Careful; some viewers may consider some of those details to be spoilers.

Xynnvincible
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I think you've done an excellent research job and those all sound plausible. I had been thinking about what content the episodes would have because Ep 3 was basically a throwaway. No main plot lines were introduced or advanced, an emergency was created and neutralized, the end. For a moment I forgot about "TV writing" compared to HBO etc (though Eps 4 and 5 of Game of Thrones were throwaway also - aren't there supposed to be white walkers out there doing something??).

I think the show needs to develop some depth on the main characters. The white aliens need to exhibit some sort of sensitive / loving side, and McCawley (sp?) needs to exhibit some scheming and intelligent mannerisms. The alien chick should stop being such a wet blanket all the time. I think the main hero is a good Film Noire type, good balance of "good" and "evil". The characters are just too one dimensional to really build up any drama.

dejarnat
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
(though Eps 4 and 5 of Game of Thrones were throwaway also - aren't there supposed to be white walkers out there doing something??)

What?! Srsly? I thought Eps. 4 was badas$. Who didn't want to see that d.ouche get fried by the dragon?

Orge Lambart
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Careful; some viewers may consider some of those details to be spoilers.

People will consider it spoilers to predict the goings on in future episodes, IMO if someone considers what I posted to be spoilers they are pretty butt hurt at just about anything.

I also wouldn't say the third episode was a throwaway just yet, the whole Rynn and interaction between the spirit riders and the mayor added more insight into the backstory of why Irathians are the town of Defiance don't seem to see eye to eye with each other.

I still think more will come from the Spirit Riders and the town, I think the leader could have foreshadowed future events in his claim that now they will know where the food supplies and arms are stored.

Also yes, TV writing for a show on the Syfy channel will be vastly different than the writing for a show on HBO. HBO/Showtime etc all see to have storylines that last over the whole course of the season. Where as shows on SyFy and for that matter even the networks tend to present nice tight storylines that resolve themselves during the course of the week.

This is done for numerous reasons, for starters they don't want to push away viewers who are new to the show, or alienate viewers who may have missed one of the shows. Also if a show last long enough it'll go into syndication, which again would lead them to not want to alienate people who haven't been following the show since the start.

It's both a blessing and a curse. The curse comes from not having far reaching storylines. Instead they opt to finish the storylines up during that episode and have very few if any long reaching storylines. I think currently in Defiance the only far reaching storyline they have is the one with Datak vs the McCawleys. Although depending on what happens with the mayor that could be one as well.

jnt
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
At some point the people of Defiance will go find a previously unknown Dodge prototype and then Nolan will solo an arkfall by doing doughnuts.

dejarnat
05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
At some point the people of Defiance will go find a previously unknown Dodge prototype and then Nolan will solo an arkfall by doing doughnuts.

Bwahahaha!

DoomArk
05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
My prediction is that someone will be lunch for a hell bug

Phrase Universe
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Yep, looking at the IMDB episode titles and cash listings here goes my predictions on what will happen in the remainder of the show.

Quentin McCawley will be kidnapped or murdered by Datak Tarr in Episode 8, the title of that episode is Goodbye Blue sky. I am led to believe this because the actor playing Quentin is slated to be in 8 Episodes according to IMDB (which sucks as a source but whatever I'm using it as my basis) Also Datak and Stahma have made no secrets to their plan to knock off the McCawley males.

Looking further on down the line to the 11th episode you have the title The bride wears black. The only couple which makes sense to have a wedding would be Alak and Christy. Wearing black leads me to believe the wedding quickly turns into a funeral. Now Christy is slated to be in 11 episodes which coincides with The bride wears black.

Rafe is listed as being in all 13 episodes this season so she wouldn't be wearing black for his funeral. This leads me to believe that Quentin dies, she finds out the Tarr's are behind the death and leaves for San Francisco.

I won't get into the rest of the season as I know IMDB is a horrible source for television show credits. They only have Rynn listed as 2 Episodes , when she clearly needs to be in atleast one more, which will show her escape or release from lock up.

So anyway, what do people think about my predictions?

I definitely like the Quentin idea, somebody always dies. And for some reason, I was expecting to see Rynn in the game at some point. So hearing that she's in two episodes just confirmed that. She will escape prison and go to San Fran.

Shael1792
05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I definitely like the Quentin idea, somebody always dies. And for some reason, I was expecting to see Rynn in the game at some point. So hearing that she's in two episodes just confirmed that. She will escape prison and go to San Fran.

There will also have to be a some kind of villain for everybody to fight...or the show won't work. :)
So...it could be Rynn...or it could be somebody else.

Malachi
05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
There will also have to be a some kind of villain for everybody to fight...or the show won't work. :)

That would be that evil mayor and maybe the volge again.

So we all think Rynn is the character coming to San Fran? That sucks, she's hella boring.

ratt707
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I hope that the fued between Tarr & Mcawley isn't so cut and dried. If it is, it is exactly how Datak and Stahma wanted things to go and hopefully the plot isn't so simple.

I think the two kids will be the wild cards, As I don't see them particularly agreeing with their parents political views.

Are datak and stahma supposed to be the bad guys / evil / antagonists? I'm really hoping theres more to their characters besides being power hungry.

The mine plot makes sense, since it is so pivotal to the town. But I'm hoping for some other story lines that explore the other characters as well. Feuding families with the two kids in love is kinda cliche.

And theres the other plot with the ex mayor. I really think that will be the main focus of the season. I can see the two families always protecting defiance, but still vying for power internally.

I believe there will also be some conflict between Nolan and Irisa, centered around her conflict with her identity.

Orge Lambart
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM

The villain will be Datak and Stahma, although IMO they are just small fries compared to whatever the Mayor is up to, I think ultimately she'll be the true villain. I think this season will focus more on building Datak as the muscle and Stahma as the brains of that villainous pairing.

As for Tarr and McCawley I really think it will be that cut and dry, Quentin will get killed or taken away at some point. The elder McCawley will figure out who was behind it and you'll have this all out war between McCawley and Tarr. The last episode is entitled Everything is broken. Everything is broken could be the massive falling out between the Alien species and the humans. It's already been hinted at in the past, with the Irithian's being driven from the town, the mayor and Iris stopping the guy from getting killed and breaking the traditions.

I could see The Spirit Riders siding with Tarr and the rest of the town going with McCawley and having an all out war. I look at the foreshadowing of the Spirit Riders leader "now we'll know where the food and guns are as a good indication they'll have numerous fallings out with the town. Also it would make sense if Datak perhaps paid the Spirit Riders to take out Quentin.

This could also put a rift in Iris and Nolan's relationship, with Iris siding with the Spirit Riders because her people need the Chosen one. Nolan siding with the town because he wants to keep things together. So much potential, I think the series would be great if it turned out my predictions were true.

teccho
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Christi could die, she is the one thing holding the two families from fighting and if the dark matter kill her they will have a common anger towards the dark matter and fight together. Tommy is also very expandable but I want him to live and be with Irisa.