PDA

View Full Version : is there an easier way?

mattlewis
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
To tell which weapons are better than others without trudging through stats? And what significance is the guns level number?

Xanirus
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Well first and foremost, use the compare buttons/checkboxes in the inventory lists to compare items. If numbers are green, it's better. Red, worse. White, no different.

Generally speaking though, as is usually on par with other shooter games, (including Borderlands) weapons with faster fire rate do less damage than ones with slower rate. So you can always count on pump shotguns always being stronger than auto-shot for i.e. (Criticals aside) Weapon power does not change with level. (Though mods can change this, as well as the rarity of the weapon.) The weapon level, for now at least, only determines what kind of bonuses you get, and how many slots the weapon will already come with.

If I'm wrong about power changing in level, someone please indulge me, cause I'd like too know to if at "any" point does it get better even to the smallest degree.

C0d1esel
05-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Well the stats kinda determine how good a weapon is. So using the compare feature and comparing (or "trudging through") the stats and figuring which one is better for your style is really the only way.

crasher
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I go over to the first training ground area at the crash site when there aren't a lot of noobs around (fair is fair, they deserve to be treated well in the beginning) and do comparative target practice under controlled conditions near ammo, milkandcookies, and little pressure of being blindsided while trying to evaluate weapons.

Keep in ind that the bad guys there are super easy, so don't be lulled into thinking the weapon in your hands doing well makes you a supertrooper. It just gives you a comparison.

You learn a lot about the weapons by firing one after another without ducking incoming lead.

Wtflag
05-01-2013, 10:28 PM
There isn't. You really have to take guns out to combat to know if they are any good. Numbers and stats don't really convey anything and perks make all the difference.

For example, SMG is very low damage compared to assault and LMG. They eat bullets way too fast and forces you to way reload too often. However, they are very good for running and gunning. The reload perk which grants you 15% ego power recharge for every full reload makes then extra powerful for coop missions with ammo points after every turn. You can keep overcharge or decoy up almost all the time. Most shotguns and especially saw offs are hard to use in combat due to reloading. The preparedness perk suddenly makes them powerhouses.

You have to learn for yourself, what is the fighting style/weapon that best suits you.

As for weapon's level, some mods are only unlocked on high level weapons.

Fiancee
05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Guns are balanced. If you look at the brigth side of it, at least PVP isnt shtako. Instanced remains as challenging.

Orbital
05-01-2013, 11:04 PM
If its something you picked up already, use it. I've tried most of the weapons out, if it is one that you like more than others remember the name and try and find more to level up with or if its a purple+ hang on to it.