PDA

View Full Version : ******* dark matter

digidoggie18
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Is any one finding this infuriatingly agitating? I keep getting blasted by loads of dark matter going through the main story line after the bridge. It's to the point where it is !@#$#!@ off. Anyone know any elemental types that put them in their place or any specific weapons besides spamming grenade launchers cause that doesn't work for anything?

Writhen
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Is any one finding this infuriatingly agitating? I keep getting blasted by loads of dark matter going through the main story line after the bridge. It's to the point where it is !@#$#!@ off. Anyone know any elemental types that put them in their place or any specific weapons besides spamming grenade launchers cause that doesn't work for anything?

Imo, when you first fight them they are just a tough enemy. Iv'e found them easier to fight at range or with a friend. If I'm not mistaken, weapons with the shock element helped a bit too.

LordRaymond
05-02-2013, 01:58 AM
If you have a weapon with syphon, it helps against Dark Matter. Also maintaining range is a must and don't get hit by the snipers or you will be spinning to your grave.

Figma
05-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Shock is great against them, it destroys shield and after that they go down quick

Extix666
05-02-2013, 05:03 AM
ya its def just their sheilds and try using a three burst assault rifle the one i was using first time i went thru story mode put them down fast

Fatalmephisto
05-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Get a weapon you like using and has Radiation nano effect on it. You will find Dark Matter to be a breeze. I rip through them like there nothing with my Rifle that has Radiation.

DR_DEATH420
05-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Its really don't matter about the weapon. You have to string them out so you can kill them one at a time . Rush at a bunch of dark matter is a quick way to die & as poster above said maybe snipe a few before moving closer.

chrismeyer34
05-02-2013, 08:26 AM
i found weapons with the shock effect works wonders, especially flash grenades, give those a try...
dark matter can be a pain in the *** if youre not carefull, but those work well together and yes if you find those dont work to your liking you can always try and string them out, just be careful of the big guys that can throw up a red shield, i usually save those for last cuz i can get rid of the other 1s easily...syphon works excellent against shields, usually in 1 shot:D

Facade
05-02-2013, 08:40 AM
You can use Flashbangs to stun them or Bio grenades to slow them.

FYI: Flashbangs cause a bit of damage to the shield that monitors use but Bio grenades destroys them outright.