PDA

View Full Version : Stand-Alone Patch Downloads?

Archaic954
05-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Hey there,

Got a quick question that some of you may be able to answer better than myself, as I am new. Bought the game approximatly 14 hours ago, and after a clean, successful install, the updater continues to run into the "Patch Error" issue. I've left one of those open and opened a new patcher only to have it do the exact same thing.

Any chance/info on some stand-alone patch releases? I am not the only one who uses my rig, and waiting on a patch that takes me close to 6 hours on 10Mbps is rather irritating... Along with the fact that it will only attempt to patch the very first one after release before crashing, or so it seems to me. Don't know if I am the only one who seems to be having this problem, and I don't know if there was another topic with almost/exactly the same issue, I'm just stating what I, personally, am going through.

Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Archaic954

MacDeath
05-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Hey there,

Got a quick question that some of you may be able to answer better than myself, as I am new. Bought the game approximatly 14 hours ago, and after a clean, successful install, the updater continues to run into the "Patch Error" issue. I've left one of those open and opened a new patcher only to have it do the exact same thing.

Any chance/info on some stand-alone patch releases? I am not the only one who uses my rig, and waiting on a patch that takes me close to 6 hours on 10Mbps is rather irritating... Along with the fact that it will only attempt to patch the very first one after release before crashing, or so it seems to me. Don't know if I am the only one who seems to be having this problem, and I don't know if there was another topic with almost/exactly the same issue, I'm just stating what I, personally, am going through.

Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Archaic954
The Support Center has many tips on Defiance Patch Errors as can be seen here:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1511

Some of the more frequest causes for this error, IMO, are to have security set too high in Windows or the router, your anti-virus settings, needed ports not open, and not launching patcher as admin.

Archaic954
06-10-2013, 11:10 AM
The Support Center has many tips on Defiance Patch Errors as can be seen here:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1511

Some of the more frequest causes for this error, IMO, are to have security set too high in Windows or the router, your anti-virus settings, needed ports not open, and not launching patcher as admin.

I actually found out what the problem was. I was choking bandwidth while I was using the DL'er. Once I rebooted my router and restarted my rig, it fixed itself.

baelrusk
06-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I actually found out what the problem was. I was choking bandwidth while I was using the DL'er. Once I rebooted my router and restarted my rig, it fixed itself.

Remember you should always do that before a major or semi-major install.