PDA

View Full Version : 1+1= 10 ?

Caesar
05-02-2013, 01:44 AM
anyone gets the impression that someone at Trion is not very good at math ?

- Kill 10 Electric Archers.

I killed 20 so far, and i have 9...and i had to kill 4 Shrypon Monarcs before i got the 1.

Ohhh and my favorite so far... Arkfall kills count as -1 ;

20+20 = -3 :rolleyes:

Schwa
05-02-2013, 01:47 AM
It's all very profound math. They have to use this kind of math to make it work across all three platforms. You wouldn't understand it.

Panthan
05-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Chances are you wherent hitting electric but syphon archers, the are nearly identical in apperance, even their collors are very close together.

MacDeath
05-02-2013, 01:55 AM
anyone gets the impression that someone at Trion is not very good at math ?

- Kill 10 Electric Archers.

I killed 20 so far, and i have 9...and i had to kill 4 Shrypon Monarcs before i got the 1.

Ohhh and my favorite so far... Arkfall kills count as -1 ;

20+20 = -3 :rolleyes:
In binary, 1 + 1 DOES = 10

Caesar
05-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Chances are you wherent hitting electric but syphon archers, the are nearly identical in apperance, even their collors are very close together.

I did notice the difference with the Monarcs... Eventually ..But with the Archers is nearly impossible to spot the difference.

Panthan
05-02-2013, 02:09 AM
I did notice the difference with the Monarcs... Eventually ..But with the Archers is nearly impossible to spot the difference.

That's probebly the issue you are having. Imo the difference could have been clearer, its not even a huge deal but would save alot of people alot of fustrations.

Wtflag
05-02-2013, 02:11 AM
They are using base 2 numbers.

Ninno20
05-02-2013, 02:14 AM
If your having issues, just do the exotic goods missions west of muir processing plant just before mine 99 (follow the road west).
Usually get between 1 - 3 a time.

SoopaMan2K
05-02-2013, 02:25 AM

This pretty much.

Bushmaster2000
05-02-2013, 02:44 AM
I think it has to do with the patch they put in the game for participation. I think on the electric archers, you need to put the killing shot into them for them to count. If you just damage them and someone else gets the killshot, you get no credit. At least that's how it looks like it works. I was at one arkfall and more focused on putting bullets into many of them to get credit for participation but that didnt' work, put bullets into 5 of them and got 0 credit for kills.

AssKicka
05-02-2013, 02:46 AM
I think it has to do with the patch they put in the game for participation. I think on the electric archers, you need to put the killing shot into them for them to count. If you just damage them and someone else gets the killshot, you get no credit. At least that's how it looks like it works. I was at one arkfall and more focused on putting bullets into many of them to get credit for participation but that didnt' work, put bullets into 5 of them and got 0 credit for kills.
My experience also.

crasher
05-02-2013, 02:47 AM

I'm confused.
I knew there were electrics.
Now you're saying there's something else, too, that subtly almost looks the same?

Some are greenish, some blue, and some are purple.
Is this what we're talking about?
Nuclear, electric, and syphon matching the colors?

Panthan
05-02-2013, 03:26 AM
I'm confused.
I knew there were electrics.
Now you're saying there's something else, too, that subtly almost looks the same?

Some are greenish, some blue, and some are purple.
Is this what we're talking about?
Nuclear, electric, and syphon matching the colors?

The difference is so small. The syphon archers are so pale that even when its right next to an electic to tell them appart.
The warriors are alot clearer, though the monarch can be a pain to regonise, depending on the time of day in game.

Problem isnt that people arent getting credit for their kill/tag, people are attacking the wrong type. But because the difference is so minor, (some) people assume automaticly its bugged.

Thunderclap
05-02-2013, 03:45 AM
ROTFLOL SMH How true.

ironhands
05-02-2013, 06:34 AM

you beat me to it, damnit

There's only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.