PDA

View Full Version : Key Fragments?

EmptyFibers
05-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Any one know anything or have an elaboration as to how to obtain "Key Fragments". I assume that the are to make "Keys" for purchasing lock boxes, but I have not obtain any through playing the coarse of Defiance. Is this something that is currently glitched or yet to be implemented?

Jardian
05-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Any one know anything or have an elaboration as to how to obtain "Key Fragments". I assume that the are to make "Keys" for purchasing lock boxes, but I have not obtain any through playing the coarse of Defiance. Is this something that is currently glitched or yet to be implemented?

Back in older builds of the game Beta and so on you gained frags from doing missions most the time. You Then used the frags to make key codes. They removed the need for this just handing out full key codes now so its just something not removed from the UI yet.

EmptyFibers
05-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Makes sense, although, considering they change the ability to farm keys so easily, they should re-implement the fragments.

M00N
05-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Yeah just my tought! They should reinstate Key Fragments on Emergencies say 1 to/or 3 per emergency and 10 needed to make a key, that would make emergencys more attractive! From arkfalls and Co-Ops i get about 2-4 T4s per day, sure thats pretty nice.

But not as nice as it was before, and also without the loot buff we got i have gotten 1 legendary out of 20 boxes, got about 5 from maybe 30-40 boxes before when we had the loot buff!

So while your driving to an arkfall or waiting for enough people to pop between pvp/co-ops or doing the contracts each day some key-fragments from emergencys would be really nice!

EmptyFibers
05-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Yeah just my tought! They should reinstate Key Fragments on Emergencies say 1 to/or 3 per emergency and 10 needed to make a key, that would make emergencys more attractive! From arkfalls and Co-Ops i get about 2-4 T4s per day, sure thats pretty nice.

But not as nice as it was before, and also without the loot buff we got i have gotten 1 legendary out of 20 boxes, got about 5 from maybe 30-40 boxes before when we had the loot buff!

So while your driving to an arkfall or waiting for enough people to pop between pvp/co-ops or doing the contracts each day some key-fragments from emergencys would be really nice!

^ Definitely yes!

Anderson
05-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Salvage kind of makes key fragments redundant though. Why give you a fragment when they can give 334 salvage? The salvage can also be used for things other than converting to key codes too.

M00N
05-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Salvage kind of makes key fragments redundant though. Why give you a fragment when they can give 334 salvage? The salvage can also be used for things other than converting to key codes too.

yes and no, the cost of modding, remodding, removing mods, saving gun is insane the higher your EGO goes, atm im at 30k salvage becouse it cost so much doing anything of the above. So using salvage to buy keys, when instead i can save my rank III mods or removing bad mods to replace on my good guns cost so much (sure sometimes when im close i buy 5-9 keys but never more than that usualy).

I use salvage for what its should be used for and keys for boxes. But the key rate are really low and as its the only way to get purple/orange items its keys are needed, and key-fragments would be a nice edition to the rest already implimented.

I also understand that other players probably burn trough salvage to get keys, but at some point they need to save salvage to modd or un-mod one of their weapons. Its just the matter of priority at the moment.

Anderson
05-02-2013, 05:27 AM
I also understand that other players probably burn trough salvage to get keys, but at some point they need to save salvage to modd or un-mod one of their weapons. Its just the matter of priority at the moment.

Ah ok. I've never really bothered to try and retrieve mods at this stage of the game because I haven't maxed any weapon skills yet, so I just cycle through lots of weapons and don't figure it's worth the effort.

M00N
05-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Yeah sadly, think its 20,000ish for first slot, 30ish for 2nd i know its 62,060 for third slot and 80,820 for 4th slot for me at 3163 EGO to add mods.

Removing mods (dont know if its diffrent from weapons, slots and mod ranks but) A VOT Techmag Pulser with 3 slots all with rank III mods cost 81,120k to remove mods from (destroying said weapon).

And the cheapest one, to remove mods (destroying mods in the proccess) cost 4056 salvage.

So yeah it cost kinda alot, thats the reason i only mod my legendaries (orange) weps with rank III and only mod my blue/purples with rank I-II mods, and in most cases only with 1-2 mods instead of a full gun, all depending on how many mods the wep got from the start, as adding mods to a weapon that isnt "endgame" (guns i will use forever) isnt worth it.

Judgement Dave
05-02-2013, 06:05 AM
yes and no, the cost of modding, remodding, removing mods, saving gun is insane the higher your EGO goes, atm im at 30k salvage becouse it cost so much doing anything of the above. So using salvage to buy keys, when instead i can save my rank III mods or removing bad mods to replace on my good guns cost so much (sure sometimes when im close i buy 5-9 keys but never more than that usualy).

I use salvage for what its should be used for and keys for boxes. But the key rate are really low and as its the only way to get purple/orange items its keys are needed, and key-fragments would be a nice edition to the rest already implimented.

Unless I'm missing something the 'and no' bit makes no real sense.

If they give you x% of a key in key fragments then all you can do is save them up and make whole keys.
If they give you (the same) x% of the salvage required to buy a key, then you still have the x% of a key that you would have got from fragments, but have additional uses for it if you don't want to make a key.

i.e. you don't lose out at all, but you gain alternate uses for the reward (in modding).

M00N
05-02-2013, 06:11 AM
Unless I'm missing something the 'and no' bit makes no real sense.

If they give you x% of a key in key fragments then all you can do is save them up and make whole keys.
If they give you (the same) x% of the salvage required to buy a key, then you still have the x% of a key that you would have got from fragments, but have additional uses for it if you don't want to make a key.

i.e. you don't lose out at all, but you gain alternate uses for the reward (in modding).

Dont undestand your question?

But i think the answer would be, well if i gain both salvage is i do now and key fragments if they would be implimented. I would gain both therefore i can use my salvage to mod my weapons (in any of the X ways i can). As the salvage cost truly is steep the higher EGO you get, as i said i have 30k left atm (sure others have more understand that).

And also i can buy more boxes than my current ratio i have now which is 2-4 from around 3-6h gaming. Becouse atm the drop rate for purple/oranges has gone down so more boxes are need to gain any at all, gotten 1 in 3 days from about about 15-20 boxes)

But also adding fragments to emergencys that will make them worth doing again as many are just passing them by now (well exept the current hellbug pursuit going).