PDA

View Full Version : DO you think we will ever get

DropKickSuicide
03-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Mellee Weapons? I think it would be cool to get Swords and knives nohin to fancy.

And it would make Blur much more appealing

Cyrox
03-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Mellee Weapons? I think it would be cool to get Swords and knives nohin to fancy.

And it would make Blur much more appealing

Maybe in future but there are advanced melee weapons (atleast one). I don't see why melee weapons wouldn't work in pve but in pvp not so well

kirix
03-22-2013, 03:42 AM
you hit your enemy with your guns hilt. like you do in halo with the assult rifle.

stop insisting in melee combat in a shooter. fallen earth tried to do this and that failed.

melee in this game is more for close quaters when the enemy is almost dead, its a finisher move. or used to knock an enemy down / back and give u space.

there is a reason they wont give u pure melee weapons ITS A SHOOTER PEW PEW PEW

ZombieTech
03-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Melee of sorts could be kind of neat. I've contemplated in a game like this possibly bayonet attachments on guns, maybe even throwing knives that can also be used for melee stabs or slashes. Could fit.

MacDeath
03-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Well, we CAN do melee (on PC it's F key). We don't have swords or knives to equip but my Outlaw has a knife on his chest for that badass look.

Defy
03-22-2013, 03:53 AM
Well its a shooter, though I guess some melee weapons might be cool to add

Homek
03-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Pure melee-weapons woulnd't make sense.
Borderlands showed, how it can work out. You make weapons with extra-blades attached, and they'll give you +50/+100/+200% melee-damage. Defiance is nearly 50% pure-Borderlands, so they can take this detail, too.

A s0t
03-22-2013, 04:59 AM
i hope they add bayonets as dlc that would be sweet

Corbec
03-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Better make sure you run right into my pumpgun with your sword.

The melee attack they already have implemented is way enough - only thing I can think about are various animations and damage effects if the weapon has attached a bayonet, like mentioned before.

iiReLaX o
03-22-2013, 05:05 AM
I mean I wouldn't have a problem with a few. But Defiance is a shooter so I don't want to see the same amount of melee weapons as guns.

NinthPrejudice
03-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Well I think it'll be cool to have a melee kill-scene. Like if the melee attack is strong enough to finish off the mob, then maybe there could be a melee kill action, involving knives or whatever. :D

Harsk
03-22-2013, 06:24 AM
you hit your enemy with your guns hilt.

It's called a stock.

Vuule
03-22-2013, 06:30 AM
There's actually 1 melee only weapon in the game. But it's a special weapon that can be found in co-op instances for example that has only a certain amount of uses. It can't be used outside instances.

Clarkeh
03-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Ah the immortal connundrum, should i bring a knife to a gunfight? :p

Grey
03-22-2013, 07:09 AM
The question is will they put swords and what not into the game, I think I have seen Bayonets and there is one Melee weapon but it is an advanced weapon and it runs on a power source that will empty after X amount of uses, but will there be swords/knives? I don't think so, it would make Blur a game breaking ability

Antherage
03-22-2013, 07:48 AM
There are a surprising amount of Melee oriented Perks, so, melee weapons shouldn't be out of the question.

I am not talking about wielding a sword and charging into battle, but when you go to actually melee people it would whip out said melee weapon and smack them.

SYN BLACK XS
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I wouldnt want them included in Defiance, but hey, to each their own

Gotgo
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I think any kind of melee in an FPS/TPS like this should only be used as a last resort. Making a blade stronger than the firearms you can use is something that doesn't settle well with me.