PDA

View Full Version : best shield.to use against nim

ewen1972
05-02-2013, 06:36 AM
As it says looking for the best recommendations as I'm finding him a challenge, doesn't take many hits to put me in trouble (and he seems to be able to hit me when I'm cloaked), the tactic I'm using is roll and hit him with my shotgun when possible.
Thanks in advance

Fatalmephisto
05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
If your good at the game, any shield will do, ones with a really low recharge delay like 3 or 2.85. Also, adding perks that can help you take less damage will help as well.

SiCKSh00tr
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I just beat Nim yesterday and I think it is easiest if you are using a shield with a very low recharge, i was using one with a 2.7 recharge. Also you might try using a BMG in the fight it makes it a lot easier since you can run around while it is locked on to Nim and also you can use it to heal your shield and never have to worry about running out of ammo.

ewen1972
05-02-2013, 06:46 AM
If your good at the game, any shield will do, ones with a really low recharge delay like 3 or 2.85. Also, adding perks that can help you take less damage will help as well.

My shield recharge is 9.6, so I guess that isn't helping me.

SensaiDoom
05-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Respark is usually a good bet. The faster your shield regens the better, and the high capacity shields usually have a long delay and pretty poor shield regen (10%-40% after 10 secs!).

DR_DEATH420
05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Get a respark sheild it has a 3 second delay or better also a bmg as a backup weapon helps.. When he hits you pull ur bmg for fast healing. In phase 3 of the fight get behind a pillar to aviod his area attack.

ewen1972
05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks doom and death I'll look for one of those shields and try again

Zain
05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
most importantly i suggest using a BMG and a shotgun, shotgun him when hes close unless he hits u also roll alot, and yes respark is the best

chrismeyer34
05-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks doom and death I'll look for one of those shields and try again

i think i have 2 or 3, i can give you 1 if you need 1...theyre all i think 2 or 3 sec delay, just hit me up in game

names chrismeyer35:)
im usually on in the mornings to late afternoon, then i get on sometimes in the evenings, but its mostly in the mornings, just let me know when you get on and ill find you or you can find me lol

Shadow assasin
05-02-2013, 08:27 AM
use a respek shield against him, also find a decent combat shotgun (works a treat against him) the first faze is the hardest part so jus run, duck an roll while blasting the crap into him an you'll be fine. Only bother cloaking when your shield is gone an health is low just to get you back up to fighting standards

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 08:33 AM
i think i have 2 or 3, i can give you 1 if you need 1...theyre all i think 2 or 3 sec delay, just hit me up in game
names chrismeyer35:)
im usually on in the mornings to late afternoon, then i get on sometimes in the evenings, but its mostly in the mornings, just let me know when you get on and ill find you or you can find me lol
wow, comradery an ppl being human to another, amazing. I have not gotten to Nim yet (I have had issues with old friends/old swords glitching), just got to the cut scene when he threw VB over the bridge. so thanks all, I appreciate the info

deathtrap
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
ok so i beat nim using a shield with a 3 second delay. i was only using a bmg and a pistol which was a single shot. it took me 2hrs and i didnt die. i beat him and i think im the only one who just used a pistol and nothing else. i figure if you use a bigger gun you have a smaller pistol.----- LOL

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 09:51 AM
ok so i beat nim using a shield with a 3 second delay. i was only using a bmg and a pistol which was a single shot. it took me 2hrs and i didnt die. i beat him and i think im the only one who just used a pistol and nothing else. i figure if you use a bigger gun you have a smaller pistol.----- LOL
2hrs? holy crap, I hope the heck I dont get a dc from server like I did with Cronk...that just sucked, had to abandon an redue. heck that whole mission I had to abandon an redue like 6 times or more...lost count, lol

Buu
05-02-2013, 09:54 AM
My shield recharge is 9.6, so I guess that isn't helping me.
If you don't have a BMG replenishing it on the fly, then yes.

hYp
05-02-2013, 09:59 AM
cloak wasnt very useful aginist him i used overpower an beat him in 3trys just took a couple of gun agustments but i think decoy would be good vrs him , i ended with pumpshot gun an ground pounder also used hiding behind pillers an rolling to keep sheild full an i used a respark same 1 im still using , escape artist perk has always helped me alot threw out the whole game to sheild breaks u run like the wind an a respark starts filling back up also adds being able to run super fast not get hit an land a few shotgun hits , round3 when there was like 8 of him overpower/ground pounder droped them quick

hYp
05-02-2013, 10:00 AM
cloak wasnt very useful aginist him i used overpower an beat him in 3trys just took a couple of gun agustments but i think decoy would be good vrs him , i ended with pumpshot gun an ground pounder also used hiding behind pillers an rolling to keep sheild full an i used a respark same 1 im still using , escape artist perk has always helped me alot threw out the whole game to sheild breaks u run like the wind an a respark starts filling back up also adds being able to run super fast not get hit an land a few shotgun hits , round3 when there was like 8 of him overpower/ground pounder droped them quick

over pounder ablitiy!

JagerMyk
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
over pounder ablitiy!

that actually made me lol

ewen1972
05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
wow, comradery an ppl being human to another, amazing. I have not gotten to Nim yet (I have had issues with old friends/old swords glitching), just got to the cut scene when he threw VB over the bridge. so thanks all, I appreciate the info

Yeah I know what great offer, the spirit of this game is alive and well

ewen1972
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who gave advice re shields and weapon combos, nim is no more, the first phase is a real sob

chrismeyer34
05-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah I know what great offer, the spirit of this game is alive and well

lol, im always willing to help people...i figured i have over 100k and stuff, why charge someone who is in definite need of something that could help...even thought hat chat sucks to a degree ( i can hear people at arkfalls or in group co op sometimes ) i figured this way can work in a social sense lol im a team player what can i say

chrismeyer34
05-03-2013, 05:06 PM

when nim did that i actually felt sorry for vb as i watched him fall...he was arrogant, a little bit too brash with the ladies but he didnt deserve to go out like that :(

Maitreakow
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
when nim did that i actually felt sorry for vb as i watched him fall...he was arrogant, a little bit too brash with the ladies but he didnt deserve to go out like that :(

You are assuming he's "out"...

Cephious
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I just beat Nim yesterday and I think it is easiest if you are using a shield with a very low recharge, i was using one with a 2.7 recharge. Also you might try using a BMG in the fight it makes it a lot easier since you can run around while it is locked on to Nim and also you can use it to heal your shield and never have to worry about running out of ammo.

This is precisely my recommendation.

chrismeyer34
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
You are assuming he's "out"...

id have to, havent beat the game yet, so i wouldnt say id assume lol, and i dont think vb is made out of rubber so i dont think he'll bounce when he hits the ground, cuz he drops straight done with nothing to grab on to, so yeah i feel bad for vb, its not the fall thatll kill ya, its the sudden stop lol

Zeta Reticuli
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
As it says looking for the best recommendations as I'm finding him a challenge, doesn't take many hits to put me in trouble (and he seems to be able to hit me when I'm cloaked), the tactic I'm using is roll and hit him with my shotgun when possible.
Thanks in advance

any shield will do. however i suggest you use the spanner to defeat him.

Mirimon
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
don't need shields on nim.. easily defeated without taking a single hit

Zabuza
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
You never run out of ammo, there are instant ammo caches on the ground.
Use a respark.
Use the following perks Thick Skinned, Fortitude, Regeneration, Cellular Armor. Thick skinned will give you 3 hits instead of 2 from that dash attack.
If he's still hard, use Overpower it makes him considerably easier.

Kessler
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
3 second recharge shield with the perk that gives you 50% damage reduction for 3 seconds while your shields are down = win.