PDA

View Full Version : A few words to Trion...

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Well, since the servers are down again, I figgered Iwould share my thoughts on how you could improve your game. I have over 30 years of MMO and console exp. Started playing in Beta and have since.

First off, ya need to do a better job all around. In today's gaming verse, folks expect a finished, working product. I can understand it might be hard your first time out, maybe you look at WoW for some ideas..

Content, Conent, Content!! Can't say it enough! (A play thru 2 doesn't really count as content). Finished your in 2 weeks, twice. Now stuck with faction, kill, skill grinding. This can get old fast. Short attention span, lost of customers and so on.

Servers - Put Server Status buttons at the top of every page. One says PC, Xbox and PS3, green if it up, red if its down. That I don't have to go searching thru the forums(see WoW home page). Ever heard of a test server? Should look into this, tho it would be test servers I'm guessing. Anyway the idea is you let folks play on them and maybe give me free content or what not, and you can apply patchs to them first, and see what happens, and be able to fix it before it goes live.

Cut scenes - Stop that! Nothing more flow breaking then a cut scene in the middle of a battle! One at the being and one at the end is more then enough! 4? Why? Cut scene that leads into another cut scene! Really? Cut scenes eat loot. Or put ya hella far away from it. Running over to grab the blue on the ground only have it eaten by a cut scene. And cut scenes are cause of server time outs.

Lag - Here's a sure fire way to reduce lag. Disconnect anyone that haven't moved or done anything for the last 15 minutes. Getting "timed out" in the middle of an instance, only to log back in and see the same people standing in the same places, is kinda annoying. And why do I only get " timed out" when I'm doing something? I can stand there for hours and not get timed out(yeah I'm guilty, and wouldn't mind be disco'ed for it). So, fix that.

One last thing, and this is prolly more personal, but, could you work on the whole driving experience? Nothing more annoying then to be racing off to an ark fall or what not, only to be stopped dead in your tracks by something that isn't there. This sometimes has funny results, like flying straight up while doing full speed(should be a pursuit for that. But, most of the times it's just annoying. Sorry that I drive so fast that the server can't keep up, but, I should have to suffer for it. Oh! And fix the Rollers skill. It suck to go from being a really good driver to a crappy one. I'm working on Rollers 80 now....

Well, with all that being said, I still enjoy the game and will continue to play. I do understand that it's only been a month or so live, and expect these things. What I don't expect is these thigs to continue for any great length. So, take these suggestions as they were meant, to help you improve your game.

Clay Randall
Night Watch
PS3

Talon Swiftshot
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Heh, I agree with pretty much everything you've written. Still finding ways to enjoy the game every now and then, and I'll wait until the first DLC before I decide to commit more of my time Defiance.

But yeah, you've summed up my feelings pretty well so...

+1

Pyth
05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
So in your "30 years of gaming experience" you've concluded that they should make stuff better and more of it?

Quilliam
05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
So in your "30 years of gaming experience" you've concluded that they should make stuff better and more of it?

Well that's not such a bad thing :)

Rastamis
05-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd agree about your WoW statement for sure! Take the best ideas from every other MMO release after all those publishers have tested and refined their product, then put those aspects in your game and after you launch it, keep patching it, and patching it and then add some nerfs here and ther for good measure, and then keep patching it and patching it... oh wait

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
... You can easily beat the story line quests in wow quickly. Especially at initial launch. And as far as you complaining about grinding... I would much rather play this then wow. I really don't agree with you complaining about this game. It just came out. I find this game refreshing and I don't feel as bogged down as a player. The rep grinding on here isnt nearly as bad as wow. Mist of Pandaria is nothing but a faction grinding nightmare of an expansion. And as far as your 30 years playing mmo's go... you should expect things to be a little rocky at first. I feel there is nothing wrong with this game. And patience is key. Let this play out a little longer then judge the game after more content has really been released.

Rastamis
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Well I have put about 10 years into MMO's, so this is good to know. Now I can spend then next 20 years of MMO gaming looking to confirm other theories that I have

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Yes sir I did. In today's gaming world, folks want their games to work when they pay for them and that the game have certain amount of play time. Maybe 40 or some hours are good for a Shooter, but, not an MMO. Trion wants us to play and pay for a while yet, so, yeah, they need way more content. Or folks will get bored and leave. That's not what they want, not what I want.

And that sir is what I've learned in the 30 or so of gaming(prolly been longer then you've been alive).

=)
Clay Randall
Night Watch

Nefarious
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-tcRiBNj4

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
... You can easily beat the story line quests in wow quickly. Especially at initial launch. And as far as you complaining about grinding... I would much rather play this then wow. I really don't agree with you complaining about this game. It just came out. I find this game refreshing and I don't feel as bogged down as a player. The rep grinding on here isnt nearly as bad as wow. Mist of Pandaria is nothing but a faction grinding nightmare of an expansion. And as far as your 30 years playing mmo's go... you should expect things to be a little rocky at first. I feel there is nothing wrong with this game. And patience is key. Let this play out a little longer then judge the game after more content has really been released.

Still said I was enjoying the game.=p I'm offering constructive criticism, which Trion asked for. I expected and still expect bugs, server outages, and stuff that don't work right in general, it's a new game. But, with that being said, they still could be doing a better job. All they have to do is look at what works on with other MMOs and not make the same mistakes. Anyway, I'm still gonna play, and only started this cause the sever is down.... again.

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
That is because it's patch day. :) You should know that silly goose. This always happens on patch day.

Pythion
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Every MMO that has ever been created had its fair share of bugs and lag. And complaining about content after 1 month in a MMOFPS that you can pay $60 for and have no monthly subscription is even further evidence that I don't think you have the experience you claim. I have nearly 15 years of actual MMO experience and Defiance is really no worse than any others and a hell of a lot better than many have been. To say that they haven't learned from previous mistakes tell me you probably don't have the MMO experience you say, because if you had played it WoW, or Everquest, everquest II, DAoC, Vanguard, SWG, Age of Conan, STO, FFIX or FFXIV, you would realize that Trion is doing just fine.

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Every MMO that has ever been created had its fair share of bugs and lag. And complaining about content after 1 month in a MMOFPS that you can pay $60 for and have no monthly subscription is even further evidence that I don't think you have the experience you claim. I have nearly 15 years of actual MMO experience and Defiance is really no worse than any others and a hell of a lot better than many have been. To say that they haven't learned from previous mistakes tell me you probably didn't start playing MMO's till probably a year after WoW was released, because if you had played it, or Everquest, everquest II, DAoC, Vanguard, SWG, Age of Conan, or STO, you would realize that Trion is doing just fine.

Yes they are. :)

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Wasn't really talking bout today's patch, just game play in general. I'm curious, do you disagree with the things that I said? Do you enjoy running into things that aren't there? Or cut scene after cut scene? Just curious. =)

Pyth
05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
And that sir is what I've learned in the 30 or so of gaming(prolly been longer then you've been alive).

http://images.gutefrage.net/media/fragen-antworten/bilder/83583964/0_big.jpg

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I personaly enjoy the cut scenes. And another thing... they don't really eat your loot. I thought the same thing until I noticed your loot would be there just shortly after the cut scene ended. :D You just have to wait a bit for it to load & pop back up right in the same spot you saw it before the cut scene. And the running into things is probably random things not rendoring in right away. I have had this same problem, driving along & run into a guard rail that hasnt rendored in properly. This is also another common issue I have seen in other games so it really doesnt bother me too much. I overall enjoy the game very much.

lllWARCHILDlll
05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I can only agree with this thread post. Cant argue it.

StingWraith
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I have over 30 years of MMO and console exp. Started playing in Beta and have since ... maybe you look at WoW for some ideas..

Stopped reading. If you have 30 years of experience you would know not to compare a new released game to WoW, coincidentally WoW had a travesty of a launch in and of its self but with 30 years of gaming background you would know this. I am not hopping on the fanboi bandwagon but I am tired of all the down time just as much as the next person. I am just tired of people comparing all new launched games to WoW.

Yes this game has its issues, lots and lots and lots of glaring issues but lets stop comparing this games launch to an 8 year old juggernaut of a game. Not to mention said game is and has been in decline the last few years. This is not new or breaking news to any of us in the community, especially not to someone with such a diverse and illustrious gaming background as yourself.

In a nut shell, I agree with some of your points as I was curious and re-read your whole post but I have to call you a troll for even bringing up WoW. WoW is a completely different game, stylistically, mechanically, and technologically. There is no basis for comparison between this game and WoW other than genre, and I would hesitate to call this game a "Massivly" Multiplayer Online game as 100 people per shard is hardly massive.

Now, on to my post.

Trion I get that there is emergency maintenance and I would rather you get on it sooner that later. I am sure most of us in the community feel a little warning goes a long way. A forced message across the server would have been nice. A lot of people don't have twitter, nor do they keep a twitter feed going constantly while playing. A warning on social media isn't going to get to your players that are playing the game that need to be warned. Stop using Twitter for server messages. Twitter is not an MMO. (wait yeah it is, lots of people trolling each other) I use twitter my self but as stated earlier I do not keep a twitter feed open while playing as its only on my phone and not my computer.

Point 1). I have no conception of how I can drive my car through a bug that is easily the size of my car but yet a 55 gallon oil drum with a tiny fire in it is going to stop my car in its tracks, kind of annoying.

Point 2). Drop rates are terribad in game. Lots of whites and greens, I can honestly say I am ego 378 (i think) and I have only ever seen 1 blue drop on this character. My other toon has only seen maybe 3 blues drop and he is ego 626. Do the Overcharge perks that increase loot drops, do they increase drop rarity or drop rate? Those are two completely different things and the perk its self is pretty vague from what I read.

At any rate keep up the good work with the maintenance, would rather the game work correctly than not at all.

Darth Haighter
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM
good post OP. fair, honest and constructive. sums up most of my feelings as well

Santana Ortega
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Well we of the MMo faction all know CONTENT is a subjective word. To all mmo players there is never enough content, especially at the "end"...but then where is the end in Defiance? 4000 EGO is end I suppose...I am nowhere near that , I am 1500 and it sure is a long ways from END...

BUT...I do feel there is a Lack of content period. The quests run out too fast, the gaming area is too small, given how big California and Nevada are.

Where is Oakland in all of this? Sacramento? Alcatraz? At least there are rumors of "Vegas". There is just not enough quests...even if they are boring quests that resemble other quests. Pursuits are one thing but those are long done and new ones fill up maybe a weekend if that. If you play maybe an hour a day.
Why does the character story END at Nim's demise?

I was told when RIFT was in BETA they could go from idea, to art to code to test to implementation of content in 2 weeks because of the game's engine and mechanic.
This game seems simpler yet the 3 versions are what are screwing everything up.

cerberouse
05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
No no guys i get it, when he says thirty years he means thirty days, that makes much more scense! Honest to god when WoW first came out Blackwing lair was broken FOR TWO AND A HALF MONTHS on my shard. We litterally couldn't even get into the instance and they constantly said they were working on it.

The seven or so MMOs listed above me in the previous post are also exceptional examples of games that were released that were buggy as balls, and if you're complaining about cutscenes, yeah, go play SWKOTOR or what ever it's called, that game is litteraly one long cutscene! I litteraly watched Jesse Cox play through the Sith inquisitor storyline and it was all cutscenes, even he critisized it for this and mentioned only snippets of play bettwen them.

As for "It should be good on release", you're joking yourself. Heck, how buggy was Skyrim, a single player game on release? They litteraly had to patch it douzens of times after you payed a full sixty bucks for it! sounds familiar? And this is an MMO, as well as some-what ground breaking as their arn't to many OTPS s out their to, as you say it, "pull ideas that already work from". What, do you want big ore nodes in the middle of Mount Tam for your character to swing a pick axe at with a redundant animation because the crafting in WoW was a "Good idea"?(which it wasn't)

Long post short, this thread is just a bellybutton, it's someones personal opinion, we all have one, you're just flashing yours at us and trying to say it's the same for everyone. (that analogy makes little to no sense xD)

Fatalmephisto
05-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Stopped reading. If you have 30 years of experience you would know not to compare a new released game to WoW, coincidentally WoW had a travesty of a launch in and of its self but with 30 years of gaming background you would know this. I am not hopping on the fanboi bandwagon but I am tired of all the down time just as much as the next person. I am just tired of people comparing all new launched games to WoW.

Yes this game has its issues, lots and lots and lots of glaring issues but lets stop comparing this games launch to an 8 year old juggernaut of a game. Not to mention said game is and has been in decline the last few years. This is not new or breaking news to any of us in the community, especially not to someone with such a diverse and illustrious gaming background as yourself.

In a nut shell, I agree with some of your points as I was curious and re-read your whole post but I have to call you a troll for even bringing up WoW. WoW is a completely different game, stylistically, mechanically, and technologically. There is no basis for comparison between this game and WoW other than genre, and I would hesitate to call this game a "Massivly" Multiplayer Online game as 100 people per shard is hardly massive.

Now, on to my post.

Trion I get that there is emergency maintenance and I would rather you get on it sooner that later. I am sure most of us in the community feel a little warning goes a long way. A forced message across the server would have been nice. A lot of people don't have twitter, nor do they keep a twitter feed going constantly while playing. A warning on social media isn't going to get to your players that are playing the game that need to be warned. Stop using Twitter for server messages. Twitter is not an MMO. (wait yeah it is, lots of people trolling each other) I use twitter my self but as stated earlier I do not keep a twitter feed open while playing as its only on my phone and not my computer.

Point two. I have no conception of how I can drive my car through a bug that is easily the size of my car but yet a 55 gallon oil drum with a tiny fire in it is going to stop my car in its tracks, kind of annoying.

Point 3. Drop rates are terribad in game. Lots of whites and greens, I can honestly say I am ego 378 (i think) and I have only ever seen 1 blue drop on this character. My other toon has only seen maybe 3 blues drop and he is ego 626. Do the Overcharge perks that increase loot drops, do they increase drop rarity or drop rate? Those are two completely different things and the perk its self is pretty vague from what I read.

At any rate keep up the good work with the maintenance, would rather the game work correctly than not at all.

Yeah when i see people (No Offense OP) comparing this game to WOW it drives me nuts. Adding stuff from a game such as WoW that makes those features work and work extremely well. May never work in a game such as Defiance. How would raids work and what will convince people to do them? Until they add weapon progression to match your Ego Rank, no one will want to do them. Unless there is a chance for a legendary to drop off the final boss. Even that won't get many people to do them. People need to understand that this isn't a WOW clone or anything like the sort. It's a Third Person Shooter MMO. They will add the features that will fit into the game but don't expect the game to feel or play like WOW at all. You will sadly be disappointed.

Jesterious
05-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Now, on to my post.

Point 1). I have no conception of how I can drive my car through a bug that is easily the size of my car but yet a 55 gallon oil drum with a tiny fire in it is going to stop my car in its tracks, kind of annoying.

Point 2). Drop rates are terribad in game. Lots of whites and greens, I can honestly say I am ego 378 (i think) and I have only ever seen 1 blue drop on this character. My other toon has only seen maybe 3 blues drop and he is ego 626. Do the Overcharge perks that increase loot drops, do they increase drop rarity or drop rate? Those are two completely different things and the perk its self is pretty vague from what I read.

Just wanted to give my two cents on the second point. I think they have it that way on purpose just to push boosts, which in and of itself is another discussion entirely. I see the game being handled rather poorly in a lot of areas but I'm gonna stick around awhile longer to see what happens, they already got my money and then some.

But I will say that if things don't start looking up and soon, I'm gonna have to start voting with my wallet. What else can ya do right? O wait, there is always disputing the charges, but we all know what road that leads down.

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not comparing Defiance to WoW, as a game. I'm talking about the customer experience. For instance, if Defiance had server buttons, like the WoW home page, I wouldn't have to keep checking the sever forum page to tell if the server was back up. I'm saying look at how other games are doing it right. No need to make the same "rookie" mistakes all over again.

And start your own posts. =P

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I doubt you have finished all of the original pursuits already... -_- I'm ego rating 2,381 and still have a bit to do... there is just no way. Because I literally work on them daily. However the new event ones can easily be done in a couple hours maybe less. Which doesnt really bother me. The main story mission also arent as difficult as some side missions. I'm getting ready to have beaten the game 3 times. I find there is alot more to do on the game than just simply get to the "end" of the current story portion. If you look at everything else I feel there is quite a bit of content and plenty of fun things to do.

Flash222
05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
On 6 August 1991, the World Wide Web became publicly available. Impressive you have played MMO's for 30 years!

xirtam
05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
DLC mega wish list
- major dark matter ark fall with monolith boss, with Cerberus and advance weapon spawn points.
- major raider, mutant, 99er falls
-new playable races add visual changes w/o having to make anew character.
- new enemies
- new stories, one where tork dies sad. then we get roxi, tork who? XD
-death race dlc with customizable vehicles i.e.; weapons, armor, boost,(possibly a medium complexity tuning system) maybe vehicle powers offensive defensive. more land vehicles motocross, cars 4 seated charger, buggies, 4X4s, semi with trailer like death race 0.o and maybe a tank XD. random check point races, set course races, demolition derby. visible vehicle deterioration. introduce a gas system where you can fuel up from barrels or stations free, and add a 50scrip charge to teleportation. remove the bouncing off small enemies when ramming and just have it throw them or do a run over mechanic. add flips to ATV. ability to hold break and rev engine. ability to let some one else drive when you get in passenger. trade and sell vehicles, parts, and mods.
- lower the salvage cost of things or add harvestable loot boxes for scrap & scrip, and add an expensive option to save gun and mods
-personal, group, and clan temporary buyable assets, like call in echelon mercs 4,8,12, bio man, mortar strike, ammo, advanced weapon airdrop, dm drop shields, pheromone grenades, phase in temp cover etc.
- clan assets with permissions, keep the current chain of command ranks, but add a separate clan rank
based on contribution shown on screen by symbol.
- clan leader boards with kills, scrip, level, rank, pursuits completed, contract, etc.. scores removable by leader
-a upgradable and customizable clan base with items bank, training areas, meeting hall , special vendors, etc.
-clan identification tattoos, patches, weapon and or outfit color schemes etc.
-economics system with a pvp world mode where players compete to harvest resources, like gulanite crystals, hell bug hides, petro haul, scrap metal. quests like mercenary, convoy, sabotage, VIP transport etc.. adjustable clan pool percent from profits with dividends.
- flying vehicles, and floating terra levels, flying monsters, stovl jets, transport, scout, and attack Helicopters, osprey like thing, hover fortress etc.
- a multi island dlc with boats and under water submarine caverns with a variety of sea monsters, release the kraken! ooooh and maybe a volcano boss.
-increase level cap to over 9000!aaaaaaaaaaaa and a black beyond rarity
- advanced abilities like multi decoy;self explanatory , rampage overcharge;like nims final glow with slight health regeneration, phantom; longer cloak with a fading effect at the end, flash blur; increased speed ability to sonic charge melee. perks like explosive decoy dmg, reticle flare delay on overcharge, chameleon when standing still, blur melee chance to ignore shields, more defensive perks, more health, etc. and maybe new powers
-multiplayer for newbs without advanced powers.
- new dances and emotes that aren't lame
-evolved weapons through emc, endogen, or ark ultimate think packapunch with 3 levels
- melee weapons like the energy dagger for a quick melee and hold to extend and enter melee mode like the castithan guy did in episode 4, to switch back tap ADS trigger.
-terraforming gun advanced weapon, new Nano effects, quick detonating smoke grenades, rail gun advanced, charge weapons, energy bows, very low effect chance bmgs like .001, land mines, burst winter grenades,c4 single and multiples, revolvers, more mod slots for lasers, under barrel gl and w/e, slow medium dmg limited range tow rockets that r shootable out of the air, prone ability ya i know snipers but still, 50 cal. sniper, long sniper lower drop off, slight bullet arcing on all guns.
-cool finishers on low health enemies
- weather to go with the seasons in real life
-giant king of the hill, competitive ark falls, more tdm maps.....
-more outfit options arms,legs,head,torso,feet,hands
-things I'd like to see for outfits some capes, bio man blue bulk suit, more high grade looking stuff like armor no cargo pants and mechanic tees, a bleach white torn cloth sniper ghille called ghost, a real hellbug type costume NO MOR CAPS TRION THESE ARE THE LAST AND ONLY ONES IM USING!!!!!! sorry lost my composure
-quests for people like law keeper catch thieves, or calm a prison riot, etc. + new characters to do them for
-clan list with limited scroll and option to load more names, also a less sensitive player search with multiple results.
- finally a town or two with AI doing stuff like celebrating alien religious stuff, eating, their weird dancing XD

Xbox-dyingmatrix21-DYING-siverfangs-arberration exterminator-ego 2907

cerberouse
05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Sweet mother of Hades what the hell is that?! ^

BimboBomber
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM

A hot mess.

Jesterious
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
DLC mega wish list
- major dark matter ark fall with monolith boss, with Cerberus and advance weapon spawn points.
- major raider, mutant, 99er falls
-new playable races add visual changes w/o having to make anew character.
- new enemies
- new stories, one where tork dies sad. then we get roxi, tork who? XD
-death race dlc with customizable vehicles i.e.; weapons, armor, boost,(possibly a medium complexity tuning system) maybe vehicle powers offensive defensive. more land vehicles motocross, cars 4 seated charger, buggies, 4X4s, semi with trailer like death race 0.o and maybe a tank XD. random check point races, set course races, demolition derby. visible vehicle deterioration. introduce a gas system where you can fuel up from barrels or stations free, and add a 50scrip charge to teleportation. remove the bouncing off small enemies when ramming and just have it throw them or do a run over mechanic. add flips to ATV. ability to hold break and rev engine. ability to let some one else drive when you get in passenger. trade and sell vehicles, parts, and mods.
- lower the salvage cost of things or add harvestable loot boxes for scrap & scrip, and add an expensive option to save gun and mods
-personal, group, and clan temporary buyable assets, like call in echelon mercs 4,8,12, bio man, mortar strike, ammo, advanced weapon airdrop, dm drop shields, pheromone grenades, phase in temp cover etc.
- clan assets with permissions, keep the current chain of command ranks, but add a separate clan rank
based on contribution shown on screen by symbol.
- clan leader boards with kills, scrip, level, rank, pursuits completed, contract, etc.. scores removable by leader
-a upgradable and customizable clan base with items bank, training areas, meeting hall , special vendors, etc.
-clan identification tattoos, patches, weapon and or outfit color schemes etc.
-economics system with a pvp world mode where players compete to harvest resources, like gulanite crystals, hell bug hides, petro haul, scrap metal. quests like mercenary, convoy, sabotage, VIP transport etc.. adjustable clan pool percent from profits with dividends.
- flying vehicles, and floating terra levels, flying monsters, stovl jets, transport, scout, and attack Helicopters, osprey like thing, hover fortress etc.
- a multi island dlc with boats and under water submarine caverns with a variety of sea monsters, release the kraken! ooooh and maybe a volcano boss.
-increase level cap to over 9000!aaaaaaaaaaaa and a black beyond rarity
- advanced abilities like multi decoy;self explanatory , rampage overcharge;like nims final glow with slight health regeneration, phantom; longer cloak with a fading effect at the end, flash blur; increased speed ability to sonic charge melee. perks like explosive decoy dmg, reticle flare delay on overcharge, chameleon when standing still, blur melee chance to ignore shields, more defensive perks, more health, etc. and maybe new powers
-multiplayer for newbs without advanced powers.
- new dances and emotes that aren't lame
-evolved weapons through emc, endogen, or ark ultimate think packapunch with 3 levels
- melee weapons like the energy dagger for a quick melee and hold to extend and enter melee mode like the castithan guy did in episode 4, to switch back tap ADS trigger.
-terraforming gun advanced weapon, new Nano effects, quick detonating smoke grenades, rail gun advanced, charge weapons, energy bows, very low effect chance bmgs like .001, land mines, burst winter grenades,c4 single and multiples, revolvers, more mod slots for lasers, under barrel gl and w/e, slow medium dmg limited range tow rockets that r shootable out of the air, prone ability ya i know snipers but still, 50 cal. sniper, long sniper lower drop off, slight bullet arcing on all guns.
-cool finishers on low health enemies
- weather to go with the seasons in real life
-giant king of the hill, competitive ark falls, more tdm maps.....
-more outfit options arms,legs,head,torso,feet,hands
-things I'd like to see for outfits some capes, bio man blue bulk suit, more high grade looking stuff like armor no cargo pants and mechanic tees, a bleach white torn cloth sniper ghille called ghost, a real hellbug type costume NO MOR CAPS TRION THESE ARE THE LAST AND ONLY ONES IM USING!!!!!! sorry lost my composure
-quests for people like law keeper catch thieves, or calm a prison riot, etc. + new characters to do them for
-clan list with limited scroll and option to load more names, also a less sensitive player search with multiple results.
- finally a town or two with AI doing stuff like celebrating alien religious stuff, eating, their weird dancing XD

Xbox-dyingmatrix21-DYING-siverfangs-arberration exterminator-ego 2907

Pretty sure this belongs in the suggestions section.

olkai
05-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Comparing a game tot WoW when the release of WotLK was the buggiest crapfest I can ever recall in an MMO (not that I have played many) makes me wonder if OP is a Blizzard astroturfer.

OP also forgets that Trion is the maker of Rift, probably the better model to base a comparison on since it is everything patch and stability wise that this game isn't. I would ask Trion how, after all the success with Rift, they managed to drop the ball so badly?

Jesterious
05-02-2013, 03:06 PM

It's an ugly wall of text that I didn't bother to read is what it is.

StingWraith
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not comparing Defiance to WoW, as a game. I'm talking about the customer experience. For instance, if Defiance had server buttons, like the WoW home page, I wouldn't have to keep checking the sever forum page to tell if the server was back up. I'm saying look at how other games are doing it right. No need to make the same "rookie" mistakes all over again.

And start your own posts. =P

Start my own posts?? I was quoting and responding to yours. Where you not looking for people to throw their $.02 in the thread when you started it? What would have been the point of posting if you were not looking for some sort of validation to your post? I simply read your post and responded in kind. If everyone was to start their own post, or thread, as I am sure that's what you meant. These forums would be nigh impossible to navigate.

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
No no guys i get it, when he says thirty years he means thirty days, that makes much more scense! Honest to god when WoW first came out Blackwing lair was broken FOR TWO AND A HALF MONTHS on my shard. We litterally couldn't even get into the instance and they constantly said they were working on it.

The seven or so MMOs listed above me in the previous post are also exceptional examples of games that were released that were buggy as balls, and if you're complaining about cutscenes, yeah, go play SWKOTOR or what ever it's called, that game is litteraly one long cutscene! I litteraly watched Jesse Cox play through the Sith inquisitor storyline and it was all cutscenes, even he critisized it for this and mentioned only snippets of play bettwen them.

As for "It should be good on release", you're joking yourself. Heck, how buggy was Skyrim, a single player game on release? They litteraly had to patch it douzens of times after you payed a full sixty bucks for it! sounds familiar? And this is an MMO, as well as some-what ground breaking as their arn't to many OTPS s out their to, as you say it, "pull ideas that already work from". What, do you want big ore nodes in the middle of Mount Tam for your character to swing a pick axe at with a redundant animation because the crafting in WoW was a "Good idea"?(which it wasn't)

Long post short, this thread is just a bellybutton, it's someones personal opinion, we all have one, you're just flashing yours at us and trying to say it's the same for everyone. (that analogy makes little to no sense xD)

Did you read my post? I only mentioned WoW in reference to the SERVER STATUS buttons they have for their server. Are you gonna seriously try to tell me this is something they couldn't have done at launch? Made no other comparisons. You folks did! =P

Guess I'm guilty of mentioning WoW. Lotta hate out there for that game... I'll try not to do it again...

If your not nice, I'll start on Borderlands Online....

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Start my own posts?? I was quoting and responding to yours. Where you not looking for people to throw their $.02 in the thread when you started it? What would have been the point of posting if you were not looking for some sort of validation to your post? I simply read your post and responded in kind. If everyone was to start their own post, or thread, as I am sure that's what you meant. These forums would be nigh impossible to navigate.

Sorry misread that. No offense meant. Just trying to have some fun while the server is down.

StingWraith
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Comparing a game tot WoW when the release of WotLK was the buggiest crapfest I can ever recall in an MMO (not that I have played many) makes me wonder if OP is a Blizzard astroturfer.

OP also forgets that Trion is the maker of Rift, probably the better model to base a comparison on since it is everything patch and stability wise that this game isn't. I would ask Trion how, after all the success with Rift, they managed to drop the ball so badly?

Because this game is on 3 completely different platforms. It's bad enough you have to make it work, and work well mind you, with all the computer technology out there but now you're compounding that issue with 2 other console based systems each with their own proprietary hardware/software systems.

That's how you drop the ball. Take too big a bite and you have to chew it for a while or choke to death.

OcR Grav
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Says "Well, since the servers are down again, I figgered Iwould share my thoughts on how you could improve your game. I have over 30 years of MMO and console exp. Started playing in Beta and have since.

First off, ya need to do a better job all around. In today's gaming verse, folks expect a finished, working product. I can understand it might be hard your first time out, maybe you look at WoW for some ideas.."

Just sounds dumb. All of it.

Nerotic
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Got to ask ..what MMO existed 30 years ago.. pong? The WoW comments make your argument weak. Did they make a good point? Who cares. This is a different game your probably here hopeful this will be better. Lots of people are. MMO's do not ever work as intend in thier first month. We are paying for potential. On the topic of paying... bits arn't worth my hard earned cash. Some of the ourfits cost more than my daily attire. Is that how you spent $200? Advice take someone out for a weekend someplace fun instead of sinking that much cash into a MMO that has yet to prove itself.

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Again only referenced the Server Button on the website, nothing else. Did play "that game" for many year and left. Tried the panda thing and remembered why I left. Haven't been playing MMOs for awhile, see last sentence, and didn't know they did Rift. Haven't played it, is it any good? And if so, couldn't have Trion maybe gleaned some knowledge and exp for it. Just asking.

Nerotic
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
If I had bothered to read more posts I wouldn't of bothered mentioning WoW ... I apologise to the horse may it rest in peace..

razorscale
05-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Well, with all that being said, I still enjoy the game and will continue to play.

Start and finish with this next time please, my eyes hurt.

Rand1701
05-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Start and finish with this next time please, my eyes hurt.

Where would the fun be in that?