PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question regarding Steam- Does Steam Servers down =Def down?

Freygea
03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
I want to go ahead and place my order for Defiance and wish to purchase it through steam. I have used Steam for many of my Single-player games and have never had a problem.

I do know they sell many online games and wish to know if I will be able to access Defiance if the Steam Servers are down for maintenance? Also, does Steam have to remain open once my defiance client is running?

Ty for any answers.

ironhands
03-22-2013, 07:04 AM
I want to go ahead and place my order for Defiance and wish to purchase it through steam. I have used Steam for many of my Single-player games and have never had a problem.

I do know they sell many online games and wish to know if I will be able to access Defiance if the Steam Servers are down for maintenance? Also, does Steam have to remain open once my defiance client is running?

Ty for any answers.

Nope, Steam can be run in offline mode, but even if you can't correctly get into offline mode, you can always start the game client up separately, just make a shortcut to the actual game launcher client and you can bypass steam altogether once you've done the install.

Technically, I think you might not even have to do the steam install at all if they give you the trion code which i'm pretty sure they do - that's how it works for other games. You could just download the client from trion directly

Triansou
03-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Correct steam has all ready gave the product keys for the retail defiance. All you have to do is redeem it here on the website you don't even need steam.

Freygea
03-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Thank you both very much for replying. Going to go ahead and place my order. See you in game!

Freygea
03-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Ordered and have key..now I really feel silly because i found it the other day..where the heck is the redeem cd key on Trion ?

LOL

SpyderArachnid
03-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Go to where your Trion Account Management page is on the Trion site. Then click the Apply Code tab and put the Pre-Order key and Standard/Deluxe key in there.

Freygea
03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Ordered and have key..now I really feel silly because i found it the other day..where the heck is the redeem cd key on Trion ?

LOL

Found it..I had to leave the defiance site and go to the main Trion site and hit manage games...Oo

ironhands
03-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Found it..I had to leave the defiance site and go to the main Trion site and hit manage games...Oo

Yeah, it's not all centralized, added security I guess. See you in-game soon, have fun!