PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the game today. Still confident I will enjoy it.

Bleujack
05-02-2013, 03:50 PM
I have only spent twenty minutes playing before the server went down. But I like a lot of the positive attitudes I see, even with the server down. I'm going to try and enjoy this despite all the negative comments.

SSlarg
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
right on friend! and Welcome to Defiance!
yeah a bad day to just be joining indeed.
the good news is the servers will come back up.. the problem is when.
hang in there, the game is a whole lot more fun with headset chat finally working (most of the time)

cantthink278
I have only spent twenty minutes playing before the server went down. But I like a lot of the positive attitudes I see, even with the server down. I'm going to try and enjoy this despite all the negative comments.

I bought the game last night but havent gotten to play it yet due to server issues, just finished the first 3 episodes of the show also. The show is great, way better than what I thought it was going to be and I am really into it so that will make me want to play the game even more. While I have heard alot of negative things about the game, from the few videos I watched it basically looks like Borderlands:Defiance Edition, which I have absolutely no problem with especially if it adds some MMO elements xD

Ryan
It's very fun and IMO worth the $ spent. Gets frustrating at times though.

SSlarg
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
It's very fun and IMO worth the $ spent. Gets frustrating at times though.

true. BTW love the avatar pic. what is it from?

Miserere
05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
The hubby and I have been enjoying the game so far. Sucks that on my day off everything has come crashing down but meh.

Birkin
05-02-2013, 03:56 PM
It really is a fun game. While the servers are down, browse through the clan recruitment forum and find one. Having an extra shooter by your side really makes the missions shine. Then make a Trion account and put in the 120 arkfall codes!

Ryan
05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
true. BTW love the avatar pic. what is it from?
It's Vash the Stampede from Trigun.

Edit: 100th post woo.

PRE
It's really fun until you beat the game... then your stuck with a coaster

Arsenic_Touch
My condolences for missing out on the prelude episode missions. You didn't miss much with the episode pursuits that they replaced them with though.

Munx
05-02-2013, 04:00 PM

The negative comments at this point is mostly pointed at trion, the game itself is actually very enjoyable despite there being alot of annoying bugs (especially if you enjoy pvp).

RoLLnBLuNtZzz
05-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Ive had the game now for about 4 days and im hooked. The beggining was a little slow but it picks up fast.. Stick it out, this is the first time the servers have shut down for me (other then scheduled resets) Im sure you will enjoy it :D

Runebane
05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm going to try and enjoy this despite all the negative comments.

Good for you. I waited till after the first episode aired on TV before deciding to buy it myself. I liked the show and have been having a blast playing the game. I get that a lot of people are unhappy. But for the most part I am having to much fun to care.

Necrovader
05-02-2013, 04:09 PM

The game is quite fun, if you've enjoyed what little you played so far you'll be hooked, however alot of the "Negative" comments you see are from people who are just plain pissed off over ridiculous patches that are outright disastrous, others are angry because "boosts" they paid for are still ticking by while they can't even log on because the servers are still down I think it's been three hours since they've been down and that's a three hour loss on any boosts, reason enough to be pissed.

It really is a fun game. While the servers are down, browse through the clan recruitment forum and find one. Having an extra shooter by your side really makes the missions shine. Then make a Trion account and put in the 120 arkfall codes!

This person has a good point for what you can do IF you haven't already.

Darth Haighter
05-02-2013, 04:14 PM

the humanoid typhoon is spotted again!! $$60,000,000,000 man himself! i was actually thinking of naming my toon that, or wolfwood...great and easy crossover! love that show.

to the OP, welcome! have fun, but take things slow so you don't get burnt out! fun game

"wow this sure is heavy!"

"that, my friend, is because it's full of mercy"

Theken
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Ignore the negatives. Downtime is frustrating to everyone. They are just voicing it here, they are entitled. I have played since early beta and, for the most part, am loving it. I wish management was a bit more communicative though :(

Ryan
05-02-2013, 04:19 PM
the humanoid typhoon is spotted again!! $$60,000,000,000 man himself! i was actually thinking of naming my toon that, or wolfwood...great and easy crossover! love that show.

to the OP, welcome! have fun, but take things slow so you don't get burnt out! fun game

"wow this sure is heavy!"

"that, my friend, is because it's full of mercy"

Yeah it's been years since I last saw the show. I was going to do Vash, but Ryan was open by some chance.

Miserere
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah it's been years since I last saw the show. I was going to do Vash, but Ryan was open by some chance.

Just walk around singing, "total slaughter." ;D

Rasczak
05-02-2013, 04:22 PM
The negative comments at this point is mostly pointed at trion, the game itself is actually very enjoyable despite there being alot of annoying bugs (especially if you enjoy pvp).

That. Trion made a name for itself with Rift. There's a solid reason why, two years after launch, that game is the only remaining subscription-only MMO next to WoW, when all others have been forced to go F2P just to survive (and too often within the first year of launch).

The team working on Defiance? As I've told my friends and family that I finally convinced to jump to Rift last week: The Defiance team is like a subsidiary of SOE, and not what we should expect from Trion.

Munx
05-02-2013, 04:25 PM
SOE -.- you just made my skin crawl.

Fatalmephisto
There are a few things to consider OP when playing this game.

- Expect this game to have flaws. It's a new launch MMO and it WILL HAVE PROBLEMS and i have some amazing Peanut butter cookies. Want some?

- If your going to suggest feedback to Trion, please do it in an easy fashion and don't just lash out and tell TRION they suck or anything rude like that. Be nice about your Negative feedback. Cookies are amazing man, seriously try them.

- Just enjoy it man, think positive and all the awesome stuff and features this game will get later on down the road. Sorry no more cookies.

As Always DEFIANCE

Darth Haighter
Just walk around singing, "total slaughter." ;D

LMAO!!!! i do all the time that's too funny you said that! right on

"la dee da dee dide, genocide! la dee da dee dud, and ocean of blood"

Bleujack
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM

(I had already known where you picture came from. Because I used to love Trigun. Congrats on the 100th post, I am watching Dexter's Lab. :o) )

Rasczak
05-02-2013, 04:30 PM
SOE -.- you just made my skin crawl.

Yeah, well, watching this team brings back those memories.

Ryan
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
(I had already known where you picture came from. Because I used to love Trigun. Congrats on the 100th post, I am watching Dexter's Lab. :o) )
It's good to know there's some people that remember Trigun. It's the only anime I've ever really watched.
I remember Dexter's lab lol, watched it as a kid.