PDA

View Full Version : My sincere hope

anastasia
05-02-2013, 04:22 PM
My sincere hope is that this game lasts long enough to flesh out all of the annoyances, squash bugs, and whatever gameplay changes are needed. I'm not really interested in teh argument that we're still beta testing etc etc as that's not an invalid argument nor does it really much matter at this point. The game is out in the form that it's in and I think there's a very strong core of something to tweak/build around.

I just really hope there's enough support at the corporate end to keep the game around long enough to become what I think/hope it can be. I'm having fun, lots of it in spite of some issues but I sorta feel like I'm back in Tabula Rasa and one day it will just go poof.

Fun game, great potential, just hope it lives to reach that potential.

Kuni
05-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Tabula Rasa.....

Please... let's avoid this. I agree with you OP.

Juggs
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
I hope it lasts a while also, not sure how though. There isn't much to do once you get done with the quests. PVP is.... well, not very fun. At least in a typical mmo, there are end game functions, raids/bosses/crafts etc to continue with as you wait for more content to release. I have high hopes for the game but I quit wow, and ToR because I cannot stand dailies, and that seems that is almost all that is left currently. I've already gotten my 60 bucks worth compared to every other non sub game I have bought so I can't complain, but I want to stay around and see where this game goes. It's like a great mix of my 2 favorite genres, shooters and MMO's, so let's keep content rolling!

ZDS
05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I miss Tabula Rasa, I can tell you the only reason I found this game was because of it and trying to find a nice replacement. But i am not going to spend anymore money on this game until it becomes stable.

Zyndia
05-02-2013, 05:55 PM
My sincere hope is that this game lasts long enough to flesh out all of the annoyances, squash bugs, and whatever gameplay changes are needed. I'm not really interested in teh argument that we're still beta testing etc etc as that's not an invalid argument nor does it really much matter at this point. The game is out in the form that it's in and I think there's a very strong core of something to tweak/build around.

I just really hope there's enough support at the corporate end to keep the game around long enough to become what I think/hope it can be. I'm having fun, lots of it in spite of some issues but I sorta feel like I'm back in Tabula Rasa and one day it will just go poof.

Fun game, great potential, just hope it lives to reach that potential.

I will keep spamming money into the game for Bits so don't worry game wont die :)

And you made me cry.

I miss TR

Mladenov
05-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I hope the game will live long enough for first expansion.
This means like a year with stable base of players
and this means happy players (which purchase some good from the store etc).
But still bugs bug me, some of these are fixed, some are not.
I hope most of them to disapear after some major patches.

ZenPro
05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Seriously - no trolling.

Removal of key farming killed this game. That's genuine. There is no replay value if you cannot get keycodes without essentially having to puchase them.

Once again it's a Trion sh*t sandwich and everyone is taking a bite.

Mordexis
05-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't think it was directly the removal of keycodes from emergencies, but rather, it was the removal of incentives to go out into the world - or, frankly, to do ANYthing at all, in the world. From the time keycodes were removed, until ep3's pursuits were added in, I would find maybe 10 people randomly in the world, as I cruised around. Most were concentrated around shop hubs or at arkfalls. The world felt devoid of any real life.
Once the pursuits were added in, I couldn't believe how alive the world felt. It almost felt like launch-day, again. People cruising around. Randomly congregating together at quest points, helping each other out.

This game was advertised as a Theme Park MMO. From your first minute in game, you know it's a Theme Park MMO. However, once you finish the main story, the game switches over to a quasi-sandbox MMO. Except it lacks pretty basic Sandbox features (ie - proper communication functions). In a nutshell, we're left with a game that has no identity, at the end. Since there's absolutely no subscription, I have no qualms against patiently waiting for this game to find it's identity. While I definitely got my $60 worth, for the time being, I don't feel proud to say, "I play Defiance."

theyeti
05-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Seriously - no trolling.

Removal of key farming killed this game. That's genuine. There is no replay value if you cannot get keycodes without essentially having to puchase them.

I agree with you, when they removed keycodes from emergencies my enjoyment of the game vanished..... 5 keycodes for an instance that takes 20-30 minutes? 3 keycodes for an arkfall (sometimes you get lucky and get 5!!) and 1-2 codes for "sidequests" dafuq..... And lockboxes are a crapshoot anyways.

CrimsonDawntracker
05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
I hope to god this game does not end and keeps on going like how rift and guild wars 2 is doing,i bought the season's pass to support this game and i want to see what they have to offer in the future from free to paid content,i am already dying for new content and want to see what happens to von bach.I want to experience the whole world of defiance from new location to environments etc.

They better stay strong!!

Seriously - no trolling.

I hate to admit it but i think your right...the only reason i am doing those emergencies are for the Contracts for reputation points and the required pursuits to complete them.Otherwise i kinda miss just helping players on the road stopping by for that moment and join in,that kept my road travels really fun and i think helps encourage social interaction between players.Now that there is no reason other than contracts and pursuits for them they are kind of wasted game resources or something not worth doing without those glorious keycodes.

Shane5484
05-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I hope it lasts a while also, not sure how though. There isn't much to do once you get done with the quests. PVP is.... well, not very fun. At least in a typical mmo, there are end game functions, raids/bosses/crafts etc to continue with as you wait for more content to release. I have high hopes for the game but I quit wow, and ToR because I cannot stand dailies, and that seems that is almost all that is left currently. I've already gotten my 60 bucks worth compared to every other non sub game I have bought so I can't complain, but I want to stay around and see where this game goes. It's like a great mix of my 2 favorite genres, shooters and MMO's, so let's keep content rolling!

With regards to the PvP, from a PvP based player not an mmorpg player. Shadow war is awesome and comp mp is typical. The mechanics and controls are awesome, toon movement speed, jumping hight and what not are excellent. The map graphics and objects are good. Defiance has the potential to be a ground braking "shooter game". What it is lacking on the PvP side is Teams, clans, guilds any social aspects communication this type of stuff. Trion has built a huge awesome battlefield with Shadow Wars, 64 v64 but its still a single player game.

KeevanSixx
05-02-2013, 07:45 PM
right now....it's a ghost town....empty areas.....vast expanses of nothingness, just me.....and once in a blue moon, a lone passerby heading off to a distant arkfall. In fact, the only time i see any player activity in the world is around arkfalls. It has so much potential to be something great, but right now......i feel like mad max in the wilderness, and 1 shotting raiders with a sniper rifle is starting to lose it's luster a bit...I've read many many threads, and the general consensus is that trion marfed things that had the greater appeal to the player base in an attempt to balance some equation that, in the end, didn't really matter to the gameplay as a whole, but has rendered the play slightly stagnant and one-sided. where once, we all gladly clumped up together in a massive clusterfubar just for the sheer thrill of taking down something massive, there now exists a quasi-soloism of sorts with no real incentive to band together, other than xp and poor loot from arkfalls. isolationism now seems to be the norm.....strangers in the night, with no real reason to come together to survive....

I seriously hope this changes soon....i like the potential of the game, not so much the grinding aspects thereof, but there is room for vast changes and improvements that will make it truly fun for the whole community. as it stands, for my part (and opinion), if things do not improve in a fairly consistent and timley manner...then, i fear, this game (with so much potential) is doomed to end...I don't want to see it end. (it's hard to find a fun game these days in a market chock full of near similar clones, and i've played a lot of them)

Schwa
05-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I miss Tabula Rasa, I can tell you the only reason I found this game was because of it and trying to find a nice replacement. But i am not going to spend anymore money on this game until it becomes stable.

This is me in two sentences. Except I will also raise hell until it's fixed.

PrimalSiren
05-02-2013, 11:25 PM

I agree with this, I don't see me playing much after I get done with the quests. I've never been one to like PVP, and I too quit WoW because the daily grind was such a pain in the ***. I'm slow to go through quests though since I'm new to shooters so I suspect I'll be around for a while :P

fatoldguy
05-02-2013, 11:46 PM
I think it will only survive if they bring in some of the Rift crew, this group seems to be in way over their heads.

Slay
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
I know these issues will be addressed, no worries in your life please.
Let the people who you payed your money to remember this and take into account your feedback, but through this you have made it more evident to them about their issues, so I hope and assume they will take this and use it for a better experience for you, no worries though. They have addressed multiple before and will continue doing so as they have over a million accounts made and they have plans to make it better for months to come and a promised 5 DLC patch that will be in everyones best interest to keep posted on. You will have all you desire or not, but one thing certain you have what you have and make the most fun out of it.

Teran
05-03-2013, 12:34 AM
PVP is.... well, not very fun. At least in a typical mmo, there are end game functions, raids/bosses/crafts etc to continue with as you wait for more content to release.

I think the pvp is pretty fun, what do you dislike about it?

r3dl4nce
05-03-2013, 02:23 AM
With more than one million account sold (it's A LOT for a niche game, Rift achieved that but Rift is a fantasy wow-clone mmorpg, what the mass wanna play) I think Defiance is heading in the right direction, and people have confirmed that.

Zyndia
05-03-2013, 05:17 AM
With more than one million account sold (it's A LOT for a niche game, Rift achieved that but Rift is a fantasy wow-clone mmorpg, what the mass wanna play) I think Defiance is heading in the right direction, and people have confirmed that.

Yea Defiance is a more "mature" game. And is going the right way with separating the wolfs from the sheep's.
Some people just don't like WoW alike mmorpgs. So we choose MMO Shooters instead.