PDA

View Full Version : Since NDA is lifted...couple questions unanswered from Beta Forums:

Doc
03-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Guild system is a fail/Mics are broke. PS3 will be a fail if this is not fixed..

The guild system is very very limited I really pray there will be more customization allowed with setting permissions, renaming ranks ect come Launch.

The Mic chat is horrible and not even functioning tbh.

At this point in time Defiance has to be compared to DCUO. A huge, great MMO with Great potential only to fall short time and time again.

DCUO had been out for over 2 years and they had a problem with their mics in beta with a promise of a patch fix come launch and there still broke, that was 2 years ago. Its clearly a PS3 issue and no dev or any top notch code team can handle it. This is the main reason I switched my preorder to the XBOX 360, this and server stability is just flat horrible on the PSN.

Please tell me there will be more customization offered in the guild system come launch then Founder, Officer, Member lol because as of right now the guild system is a joke.

Any news on the guild cap number?

SYN BLACK XS
03-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Is there even clan support built into the beta build?.. same with chat support, I dont believe we were given full access to it for the beta. Could be wrong though

Strigol
03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
kinda worrisome that the chat isn't working correctly, even if the build is a couple months old, I'd think it's something they'd have nailed down by now don't ya think?

I'm not speaking of just the voice chat, the text chat on ps3 is jacked as well, me and a buddy resorted to skyping last night while playing as he could hear me but I couldn't hear him in voice chat, and neither of us could see the others messages in text chat, weather using area / group / clan chat

Maldrix
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Guild system is a fail/Mics are broke. PS3 will be a fail if this is not fixed..

The guild system is very very limited I really pray there will be more customization allowed with setting permissions, renaming ranks ect come Launch.

At this point in time Defiance has to be compared to DCUO. A huge, great MMO with Great potential only to fall short time and time again.

DCUO had been out for over 2 years and they had a problem with their mics in beta with a promise of a patch fix come launch and there still broke, that was 2 years ago. Its clearly a PS3 issue and no dev or any top notch code team can handle it. This is the main reason I switched my preorder to the XBOX 360, this and server stability is just flat horrible on the PSN.

Please tell me there will be more customization offered in the guild system come launch then Founder, Officer, Member lol because as of right now the guild system is a joke.

Guilds will be the standard affair, invite people, set up ranks with different permissions, that sort of thing.

As for mic's and being compared to DCUO, I've been playing that game since launch and the mic issue was fixed within the month of launch ad work fine now(though I haven't been on in 2-3 weeks)

This beta is apparently months old and many bugs have been fixed since.
I know it sounds like a copout of an answer but remember that this is a beta, not a demo, so there are bound to be problems, as well as certain aspects turned off.

Vuule
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
It has already been confirmed that the chat will work in the full release.

As for clans. They will get more options, after launch I've heard. Not sure what option are available now, but you can for example set ranks in your clan.

Strigol
03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
chat on dcuo still doesn't work right about 25% of the time

with clans you can set ranks now, but that's about all you can do with them. I've heard rumors of clan vs clan things getting setup in the future though which would open alot of interesting options

Argetlam
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
The servers are fine on the PS3. I have only ever been kicked off once this entire week and that was due to PSN not working, not the Defiance servers

DEVILMAN
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM

You must not play DCUO, because the mics haven't been an issue for at least a year. At most, sometimes people come in too hot and need to adjust it, but I can always talk to everyone when I have my mics on.

Zyvaks
03-23-2013, 01:04 AM
i recently made a clan and i was wondering, will clans be wiped after the beta?

gjwhite66
03-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Everything will be wiped after Beta.

GrizzlyAKIMBO
03-23-2013, 02:59 AM

I'm fairly certain that limited Guild support will be available at launch. Maybe more than what is available in the BETA but I'm fairly certain in an interview that they discussed this and the Trion rep. said Defiance will ship with limited Guild support. Could be wrong though.

Doc
03-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Guilds will be the standard affair, invite people, set up ranks with different permissions, that sort of thing.

As for mic's and being compared to DCUO, I've been playing that game since launch and the mic issue was fixed within the month of launch ad work fine now(though I haven't been on in 2-3 weeks)

This beta is apparently months old and many bugs have been fixed since.
I know it sounds like a copout of an answer but remember that this is a beta, not a demo, so there are bound to be problems, as well as certain aspects turned off.

The mics are still broke in DCUO, you have no idea what your talking about. The devs stated it was a PS3 issue and it looks like it will continue on Defiance.

DEVILMAN
03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
The mics are still broke in DCUO, you have no idea what your talking about. The devs stated it was a PS3 issue and it looks like it will continue on Defiance.
You must be running NAT3 or something, because Mics I haven't had mic issues in DCUO since GU4 or GU5. Maybe you just don't know how to work your mic. Trust me. I am on DCUO all the time. No issues. Try opening some port, checking your mic in other games to make sure it is working.

Scratch that. Since the latest DLC, it has been a problem because they made the most important things from the DLC tradeable, which crashed the communication servers,(broker, mail, chat). Lately it hasn't been much of a problem, It has been off and on for the past month or so. But before that last DLC it has been working fine for the past year.

Dr EveHill
03-28-2013, 11:11 PM
the build we we had was an old build sadly I hate to say the ps3 beta was only to test the few things they wanted us to test we where using a build that the devs already fixed many issues on. or I hope that is true as they say that was the case I was lead to think we on the ps3 tested an old build that had many of the issues fixed. good news everybody we can play a awesome game