PDA

View Full Version : Hate on this or not

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I think that the new truck vehicle that was in beta and such, instead of money hogging bits should be able to be earned or bought with scrip. I saw people with it and i was like YES time to get mine till i found out i had to pay 13 dollars or i could buy the ugly pink one for 8 dollars but we should be able to earn these kinds of things.
This situation reminds me of those facebook games that are fre to play but give you lets say "energy" okay...and when you run out of the enrgy (barely any) you have to wait for it to "recharge" for like one whole day OR you could buy some for like a few bucks, i know its a bad refrence but i tried

Microstransactions more like "wallet draining" ( i can buy a whole game with 20 dollars) people dont want to pay $13 for some of these armors make them like 5 or 3 dollars. These sick looking armors that people buy make us people that earn the less cool variant look like trash lol.

I just think that trion should revise the "bit-micro transaction" situation. And allow us to earn new vehicles and armor variants normally whether they be really hard to do so are not (i dont mind working for it).;)

Well thats just my input NOW LET THE HATING BEGIN

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
i know all of my grammer errors and spelling but i typed this with my xbox controller, (dont want to fix it)

ocktos
05-02-2013, 04:48 PM
see here's the great thing.... it isn't game breaking, nor does it affect anything but pure cosmetics..... if you want that car then stop complaining and go buy one.

Please tell me in what manor does having that car, Over Power'd, Prevents you from playing, Or has anything other then you making a post because you want one, but you can't afford it?

and if you like the game defiance then support it, buy the car's and the non-sense gimmicky items, that people do. That's how F2P/B2p games work, personally i love that fact people are buying them.

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
see here's the great thing.... it isn't game breaking, nor does it affect anything but pure cosmetics..... if you want that car then stop complaining and go buy one.

Please tell me in what manor does having that car, Over Power'd, Prevents you from playing, Or has anything other then you making a post because you want one, but you can't afford it?

I can afford it but for the price it isnt worth it (i can buy another game), also it isnt overpowered but why wouldnt they let you buy with scrip or earn it? Its something new and was usable in the beta and alpha for free so why now must i pay for it?

Angry Old Feral
05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree that cosmetic items like clothes and headgear shouldn't be as expensive. I don't mind paying money for something that would actually give me some sort of edge in PvE, though. Like, say "600-800 Bits" for an assault rifle with better base stats, or a badass Synergy perk or whatever. Spending Bits on lockboxes feels stupid because it's randomized... if I blow three bucks of my actual money, I'd prefer to pick what I'm spending it on. Nothing's more irritating than spending Bits on a lockbox and you end up with weapons you have no interest in using, or worse, aren't as good as the gear you're already rocking.

I understand that Trion is all about some microtransactions to generate more revenue, but I'd rather spend larger amounts of money on stuff that's actually beneficial to me outside of "I look totally awesome in my Naval Hero armor". By all means, nickel-and-dime me for stuff because I have a nice disposable income and I like extra stuff... but nickel-and-dime me in a sense that I actually feel like it's a worthwhile investment. $13 for an outfit isn't that great of a concept. $13 for an AR or a SAW that exceeds the parameters of what I could find in-game would be fantastic, on the other hand.

I understand that this violates the whole "we don't want to make it a Pay To Win scenario" but at the same time, microtransactions should have some kind of allure or incentive for the player to make them want to buy whatever they're selling. Color re-skins of stuff you can already get in-game isn't that great of a concept. Charging someone money for original outfits that can't be found anywhere in-game (i.e. a unique attire that isn't just a palette-swap of existing content) would make sense for the money Trion is asking for.

I've actually bought an outfit and some headgear from the Defiance Store, and while I don't regret it (Naval Hero body looks like a boss) I would've rather spent money on stuff that helps me make **** dead more effectively.

Kierke
05-02-2013, 04:52 PM

^
THIS - Hell, I'm one of the guys that bought one of those things last night! However, this isn't an MMO that requires a monthly payment (like WoW...or Ultima Online since I don't mind showing my age...lol), so how do you expect them to keep funding the servers and whatnot!? The cash shop is OPTIONAL, and it's a good way for Trion to make additional funds to keep the game running. No complaints here...

ocktos
05-02-2013, 04:52 PM
because that was in the " BETA/Alpha " enough said, things are always subject to change in that state of a game

Angry Old Feral
05-02-2013, 04:53 PM
^
THIS - Hell, I'm one of the guys that bought one of those things last night! However, this isn't an MMO that requires a monthly payment (like WoW...or Ultima Online since I don't mind showing my age...lol), so how do you expect them to keep funding the servers and whatnot!? The cash shop is OPTIONAL, and it's a good way for Trion to make additional funds to keep the game running. No complaints here...

Was thinking of buying one. How does it stack up against the Charger?

(EDIT: And yeah, I know it's their scheme of utilizing microtransactions to keep the game running and profitable, hence why I don't mind spending money on Bits to buy get-ups and equipment. I just wish they weren't as costly... if they were all within the 400-600 Bits area, I would actually spend more money because I would buy more of them. But it's hard to justify spending like, $30 on two armors and two headgears that literally do nothing but aesthetic changes.)

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I agree that cosmetic items like clothes and headgear shouldn't be as expensive. I don't mind paying money for something that would actually give me some sort of edge in PvE, though. Like, say "600-800 Bits" for an assault rifle with better base stats, or a badass Synergy perk or whatever. Spending Bits on lockboxes feels stupid because it's randomized... if I blow three bucks of my actual money, I'd prefer to pick what I'm spending it on. Nothing's more irritating than spending Bits on a lockbox and you end up with weapons you have no interest in using, or worse, aren't as good as the gear you're already rocking.

I understand that Trion is all about some microtransactions to generate more revenue, but I'd rather spend larger amounts of money on stuff that's actually beneficial to me outside of "I look totally awesome in my Naval Hero armor". By all means, nickel-and-dime me for stuff because I have a nice disposable income and I like extra stuff... but nickel-and-dime me in a sense that I actually feel like it's a worthwhile investment. $13 for an outfit isn't that great of a concept. $13 for an AR or a SAW that exceeds the parameters of what I could find in-game would be fantastic, on the other hand.

I understand that this violates the whole "we don't want to make it a Pay To Win scenario" but at the same time, microtransactions should have some kind of allure or incentive for the player to make them want to buy whatever they're selling. Color re-skins of stuff you can already get in-game isn't that great of a concept. Charging someone money for original outfits that can't be found anywhere in-game (i.e. a unique attire that isn't just a palette-swap of existing content) would make sense for the money Trion is asking for.

I've actually bought an outfit and some headgear from the Defiance Store, and while I don't regret it (Naval Hero body looks like a boss) I would've rather spent money on stuff that helps me make **** dead more effectively.

I love how they took out 2 ways to earn keycodes and then shortly after send out an email saying lockboxes are hot this week and have amazing items, fail sales tactic whic unforntunately worked probably, at this point it seems like they just want money but I love there customer support and feedback and the ability to hear us out to make adjustments to the game. I just wish the transactions were actually "micro".

Kierke
05-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Was thinking of buying one. How does it stack up against the Charger?

It's a bit slower, but once it gets going I'd say it keeps its' inertia better...also, the rear end doesn't swing around NEARLY as much. Plus, it's just fun for me because I've worked in the off-road/aftermarket suspension lift industry for the last 6 years. :)

EDIT: It's a bit slower gaining speed - Once you're up to speed, though, I think it's pretty comparable in that department. Also, it's got better ground clearance than the Charger (though not as good as the Dunni), so you get stuck on stuff less often if you're off-roading it...

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Well my general point is that a little piece of flair in a virtual game should not cost 13 dollars that is alot of money when proportionalizing it to other features and transactions.

ocktos
05-02-2013, 04:58 PM
its another means of making money, personally it doesn't annoy me. Now if they sold a gun in the store that was a LMG/Rocket luncher/ BMG/ shotgun all rolled into one then yes, i'd be right here complaining about how that is wrong and ruins the game. But until then your just shooting yourself in the foot.

If you can buy the car as you stated before, then do so.

tanknspank
05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
just for paying for XBL when ps3 is free should compensate for us NOT haveing **** that you can buy with microsoft points im tired of mising out on items and stuff just because im 15 years old and dont have abuncha cash to throw at these people

Kierke
05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Well my general point is that a little piece of flair in a virtual game should not cost 13 dollars that is alot of money when proportionalizing it to other features and transactions.

Nice Office Space reference! However, that "flair" is what makes it desirable... I mean, that's why I bought it the first day it was available: There aren't many around yet and it looks COOL!

Cephious
05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
^

EXACTLY! There are no subscription fees - ever! So you're complaining about spending $10-15 on a badass ride? Sure I bought one, probably spent close to $100 in the store since launch. And I am happy to support a game that, albeit is off to a shaky start, has a very promising future. Relax and get a job.

Bar6arian
Seems like it was put in the beta to 'test drive' and get you to buy it which appears to be working. I wouldn't give into it unless you want to spend the real money. I got the black Dodge Challenger for completing all the time trials and getting the required medals in them but the red one which was giving to me is a bit faster. I go with the black one though as it was something I earned in-game.

Ninja Unicorn X
I think it will become "free" available in a future dlc, or maybe you can get lucky and eventually find one on "sale" at a vendor. They have had sales coordinated with the show and talked about them on the live stream online that immediately follows the show.

SilverFox
Stop complaining, I love the game so I don't mind buying things in order to help support the game and it's future content. They're not putting a gun to your head to buy it so stop crying!!!

SickoSlayer
05-02-2013, 05:02 PM
the items are for looks. if you want to look cool than buy them. lets keep our hands out the cookie jar and support our game. little less crying please EOR.. its a great game. im hooked and i cant stand you negative nancies

Cephious
05-02-2013, 05:02 PM
just for paying for XBL when ps3 is free should compensate for us NOT haveing **** that you can buy with microsoft points im tired of mising out on items and stuff just because im 15 years old and dont have abuncha cash to throw at these people
You could sell lemonade? Or your soul?

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
EXACTLY! There are no subscription fees - ever! So you're complaining about spending $10-15 on a badass ride? Sure I bought one, probably spent close to $100 in the store since launch. And I am happy to support a game that, albeit is off to a shaky start, has a very promising future. Relax and get a job.

LOL - I've spent about $60...and around $15 or so were on outfits (in the beginning) that I don't even really wear any more now that I've unlocked cooler stuff through missions and whatnot. I feel the same way, though: Buying stuff from the cash shop is a direct way of supporting the game. As long as they keep offering random/cool stuff there, I'll keep buying!

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
You could sell lemonade? Or your soul?

I wish I could "like" a post on this forum. Hell, I had a job when I was 15! Busing tables at an IHOP - My parents drove me there, and picked me up, to help me pay for my first car. Taught me a lot... I mean, I'm only 30 now, but still! Mow some lawns or something...haha

TA Mastermind
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
I think that the new truck vehicle that was in beta and such, instead of money hogging bits should be able to be earned or bought with scrip. I saw people with it and i was like YES time to get mine till i found out i had to pay 13 dollars or i could buy the ugly pink one for 8 dollars but we should be able to earn these kinds of things.
This situation reminds me of those facebook games that are fre to play but give you lets say "energy" okay...and when you run out of the enrgy (barely any) you have to wait for it to "recharge" for like one whole day OR you could buy some for like a few bucks, i know its a bad refrence but i tried

Microstransactions more like "wallet draining" ( i can buy a whole game with 20 dollars) people dont want to pay $13 for some of these armors make them like 5 or 3 dollars. These sick looking armors that people buy make us people that earn the less cool variant look like trash lol.

I just think that trion should revise the "bit-micro transaction" situation. And allow us to earn new vehicles and armor variants normally whether they be really hard to do so are not (i dont mind working for it).;)

Well thats just my input NOW LET THE HATING BEGIN
When an MMO is free to play, they have to make some money. Would you rather pay 15 bucks a month. I would not want to XD. But I probably would anyway. lol

Cephious
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I wish I could "like" a post on this forum. Hell, I had a job when I was 15! Busing tables at an IHOP - My parents drove me there, and picked me up, to help me pay for my first car. Taught me a lot... I mean, I'm only 30 now, but still! Mow some lawns or something...haha

EXACTLY and THANK YOU! I had a lawn care BUSINESS at 14 (25 now). Walked the mower around the neighboorhood. Complete with signs, door hangers, business cards the works. At 15 I'd bought a 48" John Deere walk-behind and trailer - convinced an older kid in the neighborhood with a truck to partner up with me. Stop making excuses and get off your lazy butt.

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
When an MMO is free to play, they have to make some money. Would you rather pay 15 bucks a month. I would not want to XD. But I probably would anyway. lol

Sweet sig... I'm assuming you're looking forward to the new Assassin's Creed game? Free Roam PIRATING!

Major Nelson
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Nice Office Space reference! However, that "flair" is what makes it desirable... I mean, that's why I bought it the first day it was available: There aren't many around yet and it looks COOL!

lol Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh ifffff yooouuuuuu coooooouuuuuullllddddd juuuuusssssssstttttt mooooooovvvvvveeeeee dddddddooooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn ssssssttttttaaaaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrrsssss. lol

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
EXACTLY and THANK YOU! I had a lawn care BUSINESS at 14 (25 now). Walked the mower around the neighboorhood. Complete with signs, door hangers, business cards the works. At 15 I'd bought a 48" John Deere walk-behind and trailer - convinced an older kid in the neighborhood with a truck to partner up with me. Stop making excuses and get off your lazy butt.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdUvpgqoe4E - Haha

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:15 PM
lol Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh ifffff yooouuuuuu coooooouuuuuullllddddd juuuuusssssssstttttt mooooooovvvvvveeeeee dddddddooooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn ssssssttttttaaaaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrrsssss. lol

...and I could see the squirrels, and they were married. Ha! Such a great movie...

TA Mastermind
05-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Sweet sig... I'm assuming you're looking forward to the new Assassin's Creed game? Free Roam PIRATING!
No, Im just a pirate fan. lol

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
No, Im just a pirate fan. lol

Even though I know they're all good games, I've not played a single Assassin's creed yet... However, I probably WILL be playing this one!

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/assassins-creed-4/

Scarab Templar
05-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Very sound suggestion Major Nelson, inventory slots at a lower price would be nice too, at least until we get some kind of storage or bank to stash loot for a later use or trade. With all these maintenance fixes and server issues I feel many patrons of Defiance may leave to play other games, unless Defiance can really fix these major issues or add an incentive to players to want to stay around just browse the forum many people are speaking of leaving already some due to overly spending of money at the defiance store, others for loss of pursuit points and completion conquests, others for the lack of play altogether. What do others think?

ZenPro
05-02-2013, 05:30 PM
$13 for an virtual truck.

That is the same price as Far Cry 3 pre-owned. Or a punch in the face. Both of which are better than this.

Scarab Templar
05-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Will help on any quest or mission or pursuit if otherwise not busy, donations accepted but not required. Enjoy meeting new people and although I am still low ego I am willing to answer questions that any newbies have find me on a server bring your 360 mic and make sure you unmute yourself before you start to talk.

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
$13 for an virtual truck.

That is the same price as Far Cry 3 pre-owned. Or a punch in the face. Both of which are better than this.

I guess it depends on the kind of punch and who's supplying it? I loved driving the new truck around... Can't wait for the 360 servers to come back up so I can continue! :D

RevJynxed
05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't mind an either/or option. To be honest it would be fair to allow anyone to earn them with the option to speed that up by paying for it out right. Getting it with less work should be the only advantage real cash brings to the game.

Kierke
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't mind an either/or option. To be honest it would be fair to allow anyone to earn them with the option to speed that up by paying for it out right. Getting it with less work should be the only advantage real cash brings to the game.

As someone who buys **** from the Cash Shop, I think you make a valid point. I mean, I only paid cash money for it the first night it was available so I could HAVE IT the first night it was available! Wouldn't offend me if it became a vendor special/pursuit reward a couple weeks/month from now. :)

Keth
05-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I just don't understand the problem. Since none of the items make anyone more powerful than others and it's just a "looks cool" factor it shouldn't be an issue. Not worth it to you then don't buy it. If it is then do.

Though I would agree the prices are too high. I think Trion would make more money if they cut the prices on more things by half. But I won't complain. I figure it's not worth it to me so I won't buy. If it was cheaper I'd probably buy a few outfits.

Kierke
05-02-2013, 06:00 PM
I just don't understand the problem. Since none of the items make anyone more powerful than others and it's just a "looks cool" factor it shouldn't be an issue. Not worth it to you then don't buy it. If it is then do.

Though I would agree the prices are too high. I think Trion would make more money if they cut the prices on more things by half. But I won't complain. I figure it's not worth it to me so I won't buy. If it was cheaper I'd probably buy a few outfits.

I agree. Granted, I bought the truck! ...but some of the outfits are just ridiculously overpriced. I mean, 880 bits for an outfit!? I bought a TRUCK for 960!

lemieux
05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Microstransactions more like "wallet draining"

Go play an EA Sports game like NHL. That has turned from a fun Xbox Live game to play with people to being a Pay to Win hockey game now.

Its disgusting and companies like EA are trying their best to be a normal in game.

Tell you what. I'll be damned if I'm going to buy stupid stuff to only further encourage companies to nickel and dime us gamers.

Screw that.

OmniDevil
05-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Wait, isn't the point of optional micro-transactions, just that? Optional? Is it fair that you can't earn the truck, but you can buy it? Um, yes? There have been plenty of other games with the situation reversed, ie: I've earned X Vehicle/Mount. Now you can buy the re-colored version in the online store? Not fair! Now the kidz will haz onez!"

I'm sorry, but for a game that has only been out for a month, there are an awful amount of complaints regarding the purchased outfits and vehicles. Give it time. The DLC may include, you guessed it, new "earned" vehicles and outfits.

Need need need, want want want, give me give me give me. Enough with the instant gratification posts. To be honest, I bought the truck. It's not that great, but it's different. I still prefer using my Duni or Runner over anything else. It really doesn't provide much of anything except for more health and even that is negligible. I have not noticed a huge difference between the Dodge and Nomad.

However, looking back at previous posts and what I've just typed here...I'm realizing that the ones complaining are the teenagers without their own income. I feel for you. I've been there. All I can say is, save up your allowance or birthday money. Go buy the pre-paid card for Defiance. Problem solved..or, ask your parents.

Angry Old Feral
05-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Go play an EA Sports game like NHL. That has turned from a fun Xbox Live game to play with people to being a Pay to Win hockey game now.

Its disgusting and companies like EA are trying their best to be a normal in game.

Tell you what. I'll be damned if I'm going to buy stupid stuff to only further encourage companies to nickel and dime us gamers.

Screw that.

YEAHH! **** THOSE GUYS!

(stares down at sweet-as-hell black Naval Hero outfit he just blew $7 on)

...crap.

baldninja
05-02-2013, 06:38 PM

I agree 100%. For years I've heard the arguements from both sides of the debate of earning vs. paying and always wondered why it isn't more often argued for the either or option. Yeah, some folks argue that it isn't "fair" to be able to "throw money" at a game to get items that they have to play to earn for lack of discretional income.....while others simply argue that they have the money and should be able to spend it how they see fit. Me, personally, I see a better arguement for being able to buy versus earn(as a second alternative option, not a replacement option). Some folks, usually kids(no offense to anyone with infinite time on their hands), have ample amounts of time to sit and play games all day and night, every day and night, to quickly and easily earn their way to these items. Others, usually adults, have jobs and families that require a huge portion of their time, leaving little free time to play the same games.....what these people tend to be more apt to have is an ample amount of is discretionary income. It hurts neither group if the other group is able to use that which they have in surplus to get from point A to point B, bypassing the option that is more valuable due to a lack of it.

So while a previous poster stated that it isn't "fair" that someone can pay to get what they had to earn, I say to them that it is no less fair than not being able to gain an item simply because you have a life and other responsibilities beyond gaming.

Like my pappy always said, "time is money"; most people have one or the other, but few have both in abundance. Why not allow either of the two be the currency by which you spend to earn items, depending on which you happen to have an abundance of? Realistically, that option is the only option that makes any sense....especially if words like "fair" are going to be brought into the discussion.

My pappy also always said that "life isn't fair and noone ever said it was or should be".....but that's another story....lol