PDA

View Full Version : Developers READ.. Lets get real, You have a gem in your hands!

JMD
03-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Defiance is an excellent idea for a game. The multiplayer aspect, combined with its shooting aspect has been tried and tried again in other games- but for whatever reason, this one works! Congratulations Developers. Now from this point, with my past Beta testing experience, you can go two ways..

FIRST way, listen to what the community has to say and ADD/FIX, do not release early, do not get lazy - this is PRIME time!

SECOND way, don't listen to what the community has to say, release early, get lazy and sloppy to get it out on time - resulting in failure.

Now I think as an entire community we are generally satisfied with the beta stage of this game... pre release stage, eh, im a little nervous! It is my suggestion to you, Developers - to keep in mind that while this is a shooter; it is most importantly a MMO.. you NEED MMO features..

for example: PvP/Clan arenas, player guild/clan houses, player auction houses, player bars..

THIS is what will set you apart from the other games.. Make the player BE someone in the game!! Don't just have him/her playing a random character, aimlessly gunning. I know what I'm talking about, add these features and more - WATCH your game succeed guaranteed... choose not too, and you will have done all this work for nothing, people will forget about it in 3 months even if the ratings are good.

I hope you take my advice as well as others..

Past Beta Testing Experience: Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 2, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, APB, Age of Conan, City of Heroes, Dungeons & Dragons Stormreach, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Ragnarok, ROSE, Shadowbane, SWTOR, Warhammer Online.. - So YES Dev's, I know what I'm talking about.

Mack
03-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Good post, i think Defiance will be the First good MMO to succeed on Xbox and im Willing to pay $100 just to show my support for this game i've always wanted a MMO for the console.

Pasha
03-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Nothing new here: almost every MMO developer has gem in their hands - and most stay uncut / unpolished forever or develop too slow to be interesting.

I hope Defiance will be different but somehow I doubt.

sources: 16 years of MMOs + Rift + Defiance alpha.

TadeuChagas
03-22-2013, 07:52 AM
100% Agreed

Radz
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I really think they are going to do the best they can given that they have a lot of sponsors and a TV show to go along with it. They already have 5 DLC packs in the works which we can only hope includes some of the wanted items (more races, clans, and personalized spaces). I really think some of these development will come as a tie-in with the show in order to make them feel very organic.

JMD
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
DLC's and expansions are useless unless if players are hooked from the start. The TV show is no relevance, unless if a large percentage of its viewers play video games. Although it is based off the show, I would guess that a good percentage of players do not care for the show. They want a good game and a good gaming experience, something that will hook them in- and make their character genuine. They need to go to sleep at night THINKING of their character, and wake up THINKING of their character. They need to get pumped of for PvP battles, they need to get involved with joining clans, they need to get involved with the in-game market and selling their gear to other players. These are all VERY important systems in the game.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-22-2013, 08:13 AM
DLC's and expansions are useless unless if players are hooked from the start. The TV show is no relevance, unless if a large percentage of its viewers play video games.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that there is a fairly high overlap between people who watch sci-fi and people who game.

Teufshyt
03-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Lets GET REAL!!! no more Queue! let US PLAY!!!!

Radz
03-22-2013, 08:15 AM
DLC's and expansions are useless unless if players are hooked from the start. The TV show is no relevance, unless if a large percentage of its viewers play video games. Although it is based off the show, I would guess that a good percentage of players do not care for the show. They want a good game and a good gaming experience, something that will hook them in- and make their character genuine. They need to go to sleep at night THINKING of their character, and wake up THINKING of their character. They need to get pumped of for PvP battles, they need to get involved with joining clans, they need to get involved with the in-game market and selling their gear to other players. These are all VERY important systems in the game.

I agree, but I feel that due to the link to the show (regardless of whether everybody watches the show), some of these things will be a slow burn, story driven change in how the game works.

JMD
03-22-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that there is a fairly high overlap between people who watch sci-fi and people who game.

You are misreading, Shogo. The amount of people who watch the SHOW, and play this GAME are most likely not as big as the number of people who just play this game and don't watch the show.

Jarpo
03-22-2013, 08:30 AM
I dunno 'bout that. At least for me, whenever I play a game or watch a movie and enjoy them, I get genre moods. IE, play a sci-fi game, get in the sci-fi mood. Watch a zombie TV show, the need to play a zombie game is aroused. My thoughts are people who play the game would ultimately watch the show, to the point where the majority of the viewership would be the gamers. Assuming the show isn't a success on its own merits.

Nergal
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Well. For me the only reason I'm hear throwing my money into the pot is because this is trion. I've a major gripe with the game. No sticky cover? fine. No shoulder swap to compensate for no sticky cover....That I have a problem with. only the right side of cover is viable to keep your hitbox out of danger and your crosshairs near your target. But then I think about the 1300 hours I have in rift and how they had huge constant updates. Trion has earned my patronage even if I'm a little doubtful about some aspects of this game. I expect anything I can think of wanting in defiance will come in a massive monthly update.

Kronos
03-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Well seeing as how the show hasn't aired yet, there's a sure bet that there aren't any watchers of the show yet...

I know personally I wouldn't have bothered to check out the game unless I had heard about it from the ad, pre-release info from the show. So the game may have higher numbers of show to game fans than most movie based or other completed series tie in games, that is what really interested me here, the tie-in between current television show and game and how they can play off each other intrigues me.

Is there room in the game development for improvements, certainly but hope to see at least some improvements in the new beta version.