PDA

View Full Version : THE CONTEST. A matter of real money?

Bridgefall
05-03-2013, 02:32 AM
So is this correct? - you buy say 100 (or how ever much you think its worth to appear on tv) of bits, spend it all on lock boxes and a few extra inventory slots, fill your inventory with the orange and purple items you bought, have a friend/friends carry the rest of the items wait near by - then break down all the stuff in your inventory into ark salvage (green currency, I think that's what its called) have your friends pass you the rest in trade, repeat......you can see where I'm going. If this is correct the contest will be won by the player with the biggest disposable income. So don't even try to win by merely playing the game. If I have misunderstood the contest and the above is wrong I apologise in advance but if I'm wrong let me know so I can have a go at winning!

Keltic Rage
05-03-2013, 02:34 AM
it would take a lot more then 100 dollars.

Bridgefall
05-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Yeah...but there are very wealthy people out there. As I said in the OP it depends on how much disposable income you have and how much you want to be on tv.

Keltic Rage
05-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah...but there are very wealthy people out there. As I said in the OP it depends on how much disposable income you have and how much you want to be on tv.

While there are very people out there, how many watch Defiance.

COLD
05-03-2013, 02:51 AM
nothing to do with money its arkfall salvage
you can spend 500$ play 1 hour per day you have 50000 salvage,a dude play all day everyday spent 0$ after those week got 5 000 000 salvage! he win the contest ! bla bla bla your a hater who will cry for is money back and flame yeah you fail

Bridgefall
05-03-2013, 02:52 AM
LOL A few mate.

Bridgefall
05-03-2013, 02:53 AM
nothing to do with money its arkfall salvage
you can spend 500$ play 1 hour per day you have 50000 salvage,a dude play all day everyday spent 0$ after those week got 5 000 000 salvage! he win the contest ! bla bla bla your a hater who will cry for is money back and flame yeah you fail No mate I love the game and you are wrong.

Mystery Guest
05-03-2013, 04:05 AM
I heard they've tried to make it as fair as possible, but in my own experience of omr (online multiplayer rewards) it will never be fair, because people will share GTs (seen this happen before) use exploits, use real life money to secure their place in 1st.
_I wouldn't worry about it.... because there's not much you can do about it and if you really, really wanna be 1st you're wasting time here, you should be in-game ripping up, sleeping less, have some-one else feed you and peeing into a bottle..... go on son YOU CAN DO IT!!

Bridgefall
05-03-2013, 06:53 AM
I heard they've tried to make it as fair as possible, but in my own experience of omr (online multiplayer rewards) it will never be fair, because people will share GTs (seen this happen before) use exploits, use real life money to secure their place in 1st.
_I wouldn't worry about it.... because there's not much you can do about it and if you really, really wanna be 1st you're wasting time here, you should be in-game ripping up, sleeping less, have some-one else feed you and peeing into a bottle..... go on son YOU CAN DO IT!! Nice one, you have confirmed what I thought. I am usually in game not posting in here as you can see by the number of posts I have to my name, but I have a job and a wife so needless to say I wont be winning. Thanks for the sensible reply, you obviously read and understood the OP.

Mystery Guest
05-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Nice one, you have confirmed what I thought. I am usually in game not posting in here as you can see by the number of posts I have to my name, but I have a job and a wife so needless to say I wont be winning. Thanks for the sensible reply, you obviously read and understood the OP.I'm not gunna name names but I remember a compo that ran on a US time scale, so my friend who wanted a reward had to say up all-night playing the game and take the Monday off work so he wasn't knocked off the leaderboard. I brought it up on the forum that the event was 'unfair' for anyone outside of the US and I got a heap of **** reply's from the community (which was nice)
-so yeah.... it sux, but you really wanna be on the show you could try and get a job as an extra

Mystery Guest
05-03-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm not gunna name names but I remember a compo that ran on a US time scale, so my friend who wanted a reward had to say up all-night playing the game and take the Monday off work so he wasn't knocked off the leaderboard. I brought it up on the forum that the event was 'unfair' for anyone outside of the US and I got a heap of **** reply's from the community (which was nice)
-so yeah.... it sux, but you really wanna be on the show you could try and get a job as an extrahaha I've been ****
Guess I said rude word

Wess Allbright
05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
So is this correct? - you buy say 100 (or how ever much you think its worth to appear on tv) of bits, spend it all on lock boxes and a few extra inventory slots, fill your inventory with the orange and purple items you bought, have a friend/friends carry the rest of the items wait near by - then break down all the stuff in your inventory into ark salvage (green currency, I think that's what its called) have your friends pass you the rest in trade, repeat......you can see where I'm going. If this is correct the contest will be won by the player with the biggest disposable income. So don't even try to win by merely playing the game. If I have misunderstood the contest and the above is wrong I apologise in advance but if I'm wrong let me know so I can have a go at winning!

I think I read somewhere that the salvage you got from break down of items didn't count. I could be wrong, however.

Mystery Guest
05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Also broken down weapons won't count.... it's only what you've picked up or been rewarded

Mystery Guest
05-03-2013, 07:24 AM
I think I read somewhere that the salvage you got from break down of items didn't count. I could be wrong, however.oh snap
-must have submitted at the same time... pinky cross

Justin CarMichael
05-03-2013, 07:26 AM
I can't imagine Trion is going to be too upset if 30 or so people each spend 10,000 or so in real life money trying to win the contest. That's like $300,000 of profit for something they were just going to GIVE away.

big1whittle1
05-03-2013, 07:40 AM
i second that, the salvage you get from breaking down weapons do not count, its purely what you get in the game