PDA

View Full Version : How do I know what my character has over it's head?

crasher
05-03-2013, 05:43 AM
What's the easy way to find whatever text file is up there?

Thanks.

Schwa
05-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Push L and look at your equipped title. Or, if you can't find L, open your loadout menu with whichever arcane button combination does that on your controller.

crasher
05-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Some folks have 4 lines of text.
I know I don't, no clan, etc.
But I'm wondering what else it says above me.
I have 'No Title' picked, but I want to know how the name is presented, how it appears, which info Trion is using....

Riptharipper
05-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Some folks have 4 lines of text.
I know I don't, no clan, etc.
But I'm wondering what else it says above me.
I have 'No Title' picked, but I want to know how the name is presented, how it appears, which info Trion is using....

So what the frak are you asking? It will show your gamer tag/psn etc. and the name of your character. If you have no clan.. It won't show that. If you have no title.. It won't show that. Do you not know that name of your character? Because that is what others will see above your head dude.

Draaconis
05-03-2013, 06:46 AM
"No Title" does not pertain to you. It is how you see everyone else. Those options you can turn off/on are what is listed above your head for anyone that has them all turned on.

crasher
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
So what the frak are you asking? It will show your gamer tag/psn etc. and the name of your character. If you have no clan.. It won't show that. If you have no title.. It won't show that. Do you not know that name of your character? Because that is what others will see above your head dude.

Some people have:

"Name #1"
Name #2
[Name #3]
<Clan?>
In that order, and appearing like that.

I have 'no title' option, and I can see other peoples title, so I assume it just means that they can't see that I'm :
" EGO Expert", "Keeper of the Northern Lights" or "Aberration Exterminator" Because I don't want to show that.

What I'm asking is what is my character showing for:
"Name #1"
Name #2
[Name #3]
Because nothing that I filled in while making my account asked me for what information went where, and I want to know if I approve of what I'm showing, or not.

Some people have a true name / personal name there. I don't necessarily want it showing my true name, for personal reasons.

Are we clear what I'm asking?

:D

Thank you, Sir. I've always appreciated your feedback/info in the past, and I expect to in future.

JBsteel
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
it will be
Your Title
In Game Name
Gamertag
Clan name

this for if you are on 360, if your on PS3 its the same but just replace gamertag with what ever they call it on PS3

BleakPanther
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM

This is the correct answer.

Anything you see on another player is there because they, or you in regards to visible gamer tags, chose it to be there.

crasher
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
/me beams.

Thank you.

Besides character name, I don't recall seeing anywhare to insert the info, so I was interested in what info was there, and how it got there.

I'm serene.

This is my first MMO, and online play.
So I'm unaware of many protocols that a lot of ya'll take as common knowledge.

Riptharipper
05-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Some people have:

"Name #1"
Name #2
[Name #3]
<Clan?>
In that order, and appearing like that.

I have 'no title' option, and I can see other peoples title, so I assume it just means that they can't see that I'm :
" EGO Expert", "Keeper of the Northern Lights" or "Aberration Exterminator" Because I don't want to show that.

What I'm asking is what is my character showing for:
"Name #1"
Name #2
[Name #3]
Because nothing that I filled in while making my account asked me for what information went where, and I want to know if I approve of what I'm showing, or not.

Some people have a true name / personal name there. I don't necessarily want it showing my true name, for personal reasons.

Are we clear what I'm asking?

:D

Thank you, Sir. I've always appreciated your feedback/info in the past, and I expect to in future.

Okay so you don't have a clan or a title. So you will only show two names. It is NOT up to you what other people see. They will see either your gamer tag/psn or your character name or both depending on THEIR settings.

Edit: I see you understand now from above post