PDA

View Full Version : /tell (insert name) Thank You! Even possible in this game?

Kroner
05-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Ok so I went afk to go to the bathroom when I returned someone had been trying to give me advice on where to hunt gold rushers for the daily contract, and had already moved on but as the polite gamer I am I wanted to thank him for the info but he isn't in my clan or group and had moved away from the area, so is there seriously no way to send a message to someone out of area to thank them? Or am I missing something?

Lukezordz
05-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE ANYONE AS TOUGH AS ME!

/capsblocker

Tyger
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Yea, tell commands work ingame. I used it a few times now

Kroner
05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Ok yea I figured since I'm on ps3 that when I did a search character that it would give me a send tell option never thought to just type /tell in the chat box, now I feel stupid XD

PeterPolaski
05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Oh wow didn't know /tell works. Is this PC only or consoles too?

Munx
05-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Should work for all platforms, I know I saw a list of all the chat commands somewhere, should be able to google it.

I just assumed this was somewhat common knowledge tbh :P

My favorite is /r because im lazy.

Edit: http://www.waitingforotherplayers.com/showthread.php?1723-Defiance-chat-shortcuts

METALPUNKS
05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Type /?

You will see all the options we have. There are quite a few.

JagerMyk
05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
nice, thanks all. I have tried the / commands I know from other games, but that was all pc based. Appreciate the helpful thread OP.
edit* so do you need to have a kb, or is the ingame also usable?

Kroner
05-03-2013, 10:04 AM
I would suggest getting a keyboard it is way easier than the on screen one they give, but I'm sure you could use the onscreen to type out the message.
I don't recall them ever giving a location to find these commands, with so many new people to mmo you would think they would try and introduce them to text chat commands if they are in the game.
Thank you Metalpunks the /? Was very helpful!

crasher
05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
The worst part for me is that the people move so fast, in/out of your reference frame that you never get a chance to see just who it was that helped you.

1.) You generally can't thank them.
2.) You never know if you're playing with any of the same people later on.

3.) I often wonder if I ever see the same person twice in some sort of helpful/cumulative synergy kinda way.

Tayce
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
For pc it's /w [name]
Or just /r to to reply to a whisper/tell.

Iceberg
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
They should give us the option to keybind chat commands. I would bind R to /r.

EdgeTW
05-03-2013, 11:55 AM
/t HANDLE text

Handle is not their character name, but the global tag they have for all their characters. You can turn on the option to see this above their head in the options menu.

/w, /t, /whisper, /tell all work to start a private conversation.